Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,352 members, 7,822,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? (45849 Views)

Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company / Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me / Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by EmekaBlue(m): 7:29am On Jan 07, 2018
Court Marshall will answer d case

1 Like

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by arithcom(m): 7:29am On Jan 07, 2018
Soldiers can resign but conditions. After submitting his resignation letter, he would be summoned for interview. He has to convince a panel that there is means of livelihood for him after leaving the force, then commander must attest that his special skill is not required at that point in time. if all this conditions are met, you just need to wait for approval from top.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Ejlove4u(m): 7:29am On Jan 07, 2018
Issorite
Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by petersos(m): 7:30am On Jan 07, 2018
you can, as long as you have worked for some years. you can't resign immediately after training
Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by BruncleZuma: 7:30am On Jan 07, 2018
Officers can resign their commission but NCOs are in it for life grin grin grin grin
Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by OkunrinMeta: 7:31am On Jan 07, 2018
Military Discharge. There is no way to simply quit the Army once you are on active duty. You are contractually, and perhaps morally, obligated to see your commitment through. However, you could be discharged from duty early if you are physically or psychologically unable to perform your Army duties.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by ruffDiamond: 7:32am On Jan 07, 2018
maina55:
No oooo,,, I have a uncle who resign from the military,, he is now working with CBN and I also know someone who resign from police,, so you can resign
police and army no be the same thing at all

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by ScepticalPyrrho: 7:35am On Jan 07, 2018
You can always apply for resignation, but your superiors can always reject your resignation as many times too.

You need strong reasons or compassion from the authorities to let you go otherwise....

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by CyberGypsy(m): 7:35am On Jan 07, 2018
12345baba:
when RPG fly pass your head for battle field
Lol grin

5 Likes

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by hardbody: 7:35am On Jan 07, 2018
Brightglory77:
I have a brother that resigned from from SSS' work having spent 5 years there.I think there should be a way to go about it

My cousin resigned and is now working for himself. He put in more than 5 years though, so i don't know the process or pre requisites, but certainly every voluntary engagement must have a window for voluntary exit.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Mintayo(m): 7:37am On Jan 07, 2018
Yes, I think, after serving for some years...
Please help save Anu...
https://www.nairaland.com/4239439/please-save-sisters-life
Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Nobody: 7:38am On Jan 07, 2018
Yes,but he/she will not be entitled to pension because it's a voluntary retirement.
Lovintus2:
Life can sometimes be unpredictable and therefore we make choices that can either make or mar us, the latter very unfortunate. For many years I've been saddled with the responsibility of seeking for the answers to these questions; "can a soldier or any uniformed personnel who is in the force decide to change his/her career and therefore resign?" "can he/she walk up to his/her commander and say 'sir I don't want to be a soldier anymore?"
Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Nobody: 7:40am On Jan 07, 2018
okay.
Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Nobody: 7:41am On Jan 07, 2018
Una don start lie for 2018 again.Na where this movie happened?
Sermwell:
God bless you OP for this thread! Just last week, a soldier approached me that I should get him some slippers to wear! I was wondering why but he told me that he excaped the guard room and that he wants to returned to his people! While I was making the arrangement, some 7 soldiers stormed our house and drag the soldier back to the barrack!
The story was that he didn't want to continue in the army! I was now wondering IS IT BY FORCE??

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by bedspread: 7:41am On Jan 07, 2018
Sure u can!! But like in any other organization you have to apply for dt and wait for a Response from the Hierachy of The force..

Tho some of them travel with the force, (maybe on Assignment and run away) . But that is illegal..
Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Nobody: 7:43am On Jan 07, 2018
12345baba:
when RPG fly pass your head for battle field
When joining military am sure you very sure know that you've sold your freedom and life in exchange for death, you should know that your life hangs in a balance and that you are a target, your family is and every one you are friends with.
So yes I still don't know why I should resign from military.
Death will come to you when it will come even inside your bedroom.

8 Likes

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by mozes01(m): 7:53am On Jan 07, 2018
maina55:
No oooo,,, I have a uncle who resign from the military,, he is now working with CBN and I also know someone who resign from police,, so you can resign
Don't mind them I'm a soldier and the answer is yes u can anytime u choose to retire not 10 yrs or 20 as some are saying.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Sermwell(m): 7:55am On Jan 07, 2018
comshots:
Una don start lie for 2018 again.Na where this movie happened?
Its not a movie bro! We stay close to 102 guard battalion(Zuma Barrack) kaduna Road, Niger state! It happened live!!!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by liondbrave: 7:56am On Jan 07, 2018
Dear OP,
The choice is urs but it always advisable to serve the military up to 15years for you to be pensionable and that will enable you to receive your pension till u re no more.
But I have a colleague that decided to leave after 5years of active service. God bless Nigerian Army and God bless Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by emmydoaka: 7:56am On Jan 07, 2018
grin
Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Rekyz(m): 7:58am On Jan 07, 2018
Sermwell:
God bless you OP for this thread! Just last week, a soldier approached me that I should get him some slippers to wear! I was wondering why but he told me that he excaped the guard room and that he wants to returned to his people! While I was making the arrangement, some 7 soldiers stormed our house and drag the soldier back to the barrack!
The story was that he didn't want to continue in the army! I was now wondering IS IT BY FORCE??
How did he intend to resign from a guard room? He ought to serve his punishment, thereafter he can tender his resignation.
Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Sermwell(m): 8:06am On Jan 07, 2018
Rekyz:
How did he intend to resign from a guard room? He ought to serve his punishment, thereafter he can tender his resignation.
I think him wanting to excape was the reason why he was put in the guard room in the first place. We were told he scalled the barrack wall without his booths.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Sutherland(m): 8:07am On Jan 07, 2018
Yes, a soldier can resign from service, I severed in the Nigerian Army for 11 years before I resigned. We call it voluntary discharge, but if you discharge voluntarily, before 10 years, you'll only be entitled to gratuity but no pension. But from 10 years and above you'll have your pension and gratuity. We also have discharge on medical grounds.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by tballeyy(m): 8:07am On Jan 07, 2018
12345baba:
Yes u can. Na before them no dey gree. U can also resign by giving urself injury by yourself grin grin. Seriously resigning is possible these days
haaa injured my self kwa
Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Nobody: 8:09am On Jan 07, 2018
yes off course one can resign. I have two different friends(a man, the other a female soldier) who have resigned from Nigeria military in different instances. I asked them, they answered also that one can resign. So, It's 100% possible.
Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Sutherland(m): 8:09am On Jan 07, 2018
That's very correct, I was also called for commander's interview...
Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by tballeyy(m): 8:11am On Jan 07, 2018
Sutherland:
Yes, a soldier can resign from service, I severed in the Nigerian Army for 11 years before I resigned. We call it voluntary discharge, but if you discharge voluntarily, before 10 years, you'll only be entitled to gratuity but no pension. But from 10 years and above you'll have your pension and gratuity. We also have discharge on medical grounds.
so u are enjoying ur pension now, na u dey enjoy Nigeria money

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Obodo999(m): 8:11am On Jan 07, 2018
Ayoemrys:
Of Cuz Yes You Can, Even Trump Can Resign, The Only People That Don't Resign Are Parents, Mothers Are Always Mother Even After Death

What about the fathers ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by bizhop01: 8:14am On Jan 07, 2018
Only in North Korea that is by force

4 Likes

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by fashrola(m): 8:16am On Jan 07, 2018
tballeyy:
so u are enjoying ur pension now, na u dey enjoy Nigeria money

He suffered and worked for it grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by tunary(m): 8:22am On Jan 07, 2018
Na cult
Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by zikodem(m): 8:23am On Jan 07, 2018
Yes of course a soldier can resign if he so wish, but to be pensionable u will need to serve for 15yrs, but if u want to resigned without bn pensionable u must serve for 10 yes or much,cos that is wat u will HV to sign before bn enlisted into d military

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Windscreen Cleaner In Suit Spotted In Ogun State / Pretty Nigerian Policewoman Arrives Back Home After Peacekeeping Mission. Photos / Nigeria To Disengage 500,000 N-power Beneficiaries ‘soon’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.