Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? (45724 Views)

Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company / Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me / Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by WarriFirstBorn(m): 10:18am On Jan 07, 2018
Movingcoil:
What would make me resign from military?
Fear of being posted to Sambisa forest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by CallmeLucy(m): 10:22am On Jan 07, 2018
That’s one of the many jobs I can never dream of getting into, even as an engineer sef Make I dey repair their mechanical systems...... God forbid
Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Ayoemrys(m): 10:22am On Jan 07, 2018
Rebuke:

This got me really thinking and emotional.....dear God, I miss my mother. No one else has been able to fill her space or replace her.

God bless our parents.
so you are already in da club.I miss mine too rip great mama
Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by jokaka89: 10:34am On Jan 07, 2018
Yes, you can resign if you have reasons that can back you up and also a third party that can support you like the commanding Officer officer of your barrack.
I also resigned last year intentionally at 26 battalion, Sokoto under 1 mechanized Brigade.
Though I was having issues with one of my ears then
But I added effect to it that it's the 2 ears with the backing of my commanding officer, some series of test were run and later confirmed that the 2 ears were not working to the taste of military command.
I was later treated for a while but the doctor said the ears were not good enough.
But one of the ears was working, and and now the second one is working perfectly well now.
i was NA66 RRI intake. But I thank God for everything

2 Likes

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Habyz(m): 10:43am On Jan 07, 2018
Being a soldier is like working in any other job, you can resign. You choose to join the army by choice and you can leave by choice.

1 Like

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by sammypeople1(m): 10:49am On Jan 07, 2018
Where is d JOB in 9jeria, Resign go where?? Die of hunger?? Better died in service Dan diein of struggle in d jungle... shalom!!
Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Habyz(m): 10:51am On Jan 07, 2018
Sermwell:

Lie for what reason exactly?? We live close to 102 guard battalion(zuma barrack) along kaduna road, suleja, niger state!
Pls can you tell why exactly I should lie about this?? Pls tell me undecided
A soldier running away from his barrack because he wants to stop being a soldier when he can just resign. Think am now.
The reason(s) for lying can't be stated by myself, Na u dey lie Na u go know the reason wink
Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 07, 2018
Ayoemrys:
Of Cuz Yes You Can, Even Trump Can Resign, The Only People That Don't Resign Are Parents, Mothers Are Always Mother Even After Death

comparing trump,mother to Nigerian military,are they not different situation,stupid comment with lot of likes

you cant resign,there is minimum year you have to serve before resigning

Military job is not like a normal job where you can wake up one morning and resign,you cant

if you run away,you will be a deserter and if found,you will be court martial and sent to jail
Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by bensonAkw: 10:55am On Jan 07, 2018
The harmonized terms of service of armed forces personnel stipulates that a soldier can go on voluntary discharge having attain the initial engagement of 10 years if no more interested, the reasons for leaving must be genuine either on compassionate reasons or health ground,anyone less than the year specified is regarded as a deserter or coward as the case may be and can be tracked down by the authorities concerned.
Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Sermwell(m): 11:08am On Jan 07, 2018
Habyz:

A soldier running away from his barrack because he wants to stop being a soldier when he can just resign. Think am now.
The reason(s) for lying can't be stated by myself, Na u dey lie Na u go know the reason wink
Oga the story was that he hasn't given sufficient reason to leave the army! So he was put in the guard room when his intention to leave became rife! The story is even stilll trending amongst those living around Zuma Barrack, suleja! Well, you don't have to believe it anyway! undecided

1 Like

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by HugeDan(m): 11:10am On Jan 07, 2018
Yes you can, at anytime, it is called voluntary discharge. So long as your reason is genuine and application is not done while on a mission(battle field). Served for 10yrs, discharged voluntarily and moved on.
Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by onemanonewife(m): 11:11am On Jan 07, 2018
Ayoemrys:
Of Cuz Yes You Can, Even Trump Can Resign, The Only People That Don't Resign Are Parents, Mothers Are Always Mother Even After Death
I love this "even after death "

1 Like

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by eneojoedu(m): 11:20am On Jan 07, 2018
I think its possible to resign, but the process may be difficult. laymans view
Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Ayoemrys(m): 11:33am On Jan 07, 2018
thebosstrevor:

comparing trump,mother to Nigerian military,are they not different situation,stupid comment with lot of likes

you cant resign,there is minimum year you have to serve before resigning

Military job is not like a normal job where you can wake up one morning and resign,you cant

if you run away,you will be a deserter and if found,you will be court martial and sent to jail

sorry bro but your comemt is the most stupid one I see here.resignation is part of human right..freedom to join or quit any association or job .you can resign from military but with a very reasonable reasons .military isn't do or die okay
Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Habyz(m): 11:34am On Jan 07, 2018
Sermwell:

Oga the story was that he hasn't given sufficient reason to leave the army! So he was put in the guard room when his intention to leave became rife! The story is even stilll trending amongst those living around Zuma Barrack, suleja! Well, you don't have to believe it anyway! undecided
You're right I don't have to believe it grin
Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Nobody: 11:47am On Jan 07, 2018
Ayoemrys:
sorry bro but your comemt is the most stupid one I see here.resignation is part of human right..freedom to join or quit any association or job .you can resign from military but with a very reasonable reasons .military isn't do or die okay

Stupid!

what concern human right with resignation in the military.resign is only on severe injury and severe medical conditions

dont you understand that the military is not like your normal 8-6 job where you can change jobs as you like.

the military is a 24 hours job and all soldiers sign an oath to defend Nigeria

as a recruit or cadet all military rules and regulation are instill into you.

to resign,you need to spend a the suppose number of years stated in the armed forces Harmonised Terms and Conditions of Service

2 Likes

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by jmichael259(m): 12:00pm On Jan 07, 2018
bibiking7:

If you leave while having a valid contract, head hunters will track you down. If you are a soldier, ask your commanding officer how you can get out. I have a feeling that you cannot even discuss this in North Korea. grin

Aswear u dey craze, North Korea ke? Nawa for you o! Na resign he wan do no be suicide.. :p

1 Like

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by krushdripper(m): 12:03pm On Jan 07, 2018
''Reading comments''.. Y'all got the thread lit af grin

1 Like

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jan 07, 2018
12345baba:
when RPG fly pass your head for battle field
lol, I logged in just to like this your post.., too funny grin

2 Likes

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jan 07, 2018
A soldier can of course resign. There is room for voluntary discharge. There is a form for this that you must fill and this must be endorsed by your unit commander who will pass it up the chain of command. However, the authorities at Headquarters must approve otherwise you are not going anywhere. Such applications are usually routinely approved in peacetime.
Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Olumighty2038(m): 12:31pm On Jan 07, 2018
not possible,but it depends on the unit you serve,I try to reside from the military after serving 9 years in the military. but the authority said that I should stay till 17 years....am tired of the military,I don't want to experience that bokoharam again....I have spent 4 years Maiduguri. only God save me from various attack form bokoboys,I don't want to experience that ugly battle again...........abi Na me spoil Nigeria.....

1 Like

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jan 07, 2018
Maychang:
I know soldiers can be dismissed from service. Its possible one can resign.
once dismissed you can't get another Govt job, unless u venture into business.

1 Like

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by nkemjacob2(m): 12:42pm On Jan 07, 2018
Yes after 10 years of service...

However most people going into Military or any enforcement agency actually Don't have the passion...

It could be due to Job crises, want to intimate people or means to gain
power

But however their intent will show

1 Like

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by HAH: 12:43pm On Jan 07, 2018
The only profession you can retire completely are the intelligence service I.e. SSS and NIA, even those you can retire but you constantly give reports and can be recalled anytime
Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Philinho(m): 1:05pm On Jan 07, 2018
If one can resign, then we wouldn't have been hearing of runaway solders upanda.......but Though other paramilitary is easier.
Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by LaExpert: 1:05pm On Jan 07, 2018
There's no resignation by one's volition in the army.

However, you can be retired if you are no longer able to serve either due to physical disability, age, length of service etc. Voluntary discharge is also regarded as retirement.

Retirement, Dismissal and Death are the only ways to leave the army. Some soldiers who wish to leave, 'work' their retirements though.
Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Awoleesu(m): 1:08pm On Jan 07, 2018
[/quote][/s]
Lovintus2:
But someone said when you resign before your retirement, you are tagged a terrorist because you've already learnt the military tactics and therefore may use it negatively. It's a do or die affair
A disserter
Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 07, 2018
Lovintus2:
Life can sometimes be unpredictable and therefore we make choices that can either make or mar us, the latter very unfortunate. For many years I've been saddled with the responsibility of seeking for the answers to these questions; "can a soldier or any uniformed personnel who is in the force decide to change his/her career and therefore resign?" "can he/she walk up to his/her commander and say 'sir I don't want to be a soldier anymore?"

Of course they can resign. But they have to first check the rules of the Nigerian army based on the minimum number of years a soldier must work before they are allowed to legally exit the army.

If this doesn't work, Then the person can leave the army unannounced.
Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 07, 2018
LaExpert:
There's no resignation by one's volition in the army.

However, you can be retired if you are no longer able to serve either due to physical disability, age, length of service etc. Voluntary discharge is also regarded as retirement.

Retirement, Dismissal and Death are the only ways to leave the army. Some soldiers who wish to leave, 'work' their retirements though.

U are highly misinformed. Pls go to the appropriate authorities n ask.
Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Miniano: 1:46pm On Jan 07, 2018
Yes you can
Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Lovintus2(m): 1:48pm On Jan 07, 2018
Good comments I must say. However, rather than convince me, you guys have succeeded in confusing me the more. embarassed

#Dilemma embarassed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Collapsed After His Salary Was Slashed From N18,000 To N5,000 In Kebbi / Lady Climbs Electric Pole, Fixes Electrical Connections (Photos) / Electrician Dies While Working On An Electric Pole (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.