Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,891 members, 7,841,337 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw (22294 Views)

Fulani Christian Leaders Warn Buhari On Activities Of Arewa Pastors / APC Lagos West Leaders Warn Babajide Sanwo-olu / Stay Clear Of Imo, APC Leaders Warn Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by Nobody: 6:44am On Jan 07, 2018
AdaFonju:

Itsekiri is more than Delta Ijaw, can you provide links to population figures, does itsekiri have a single house of rep member or senator. Why can't your population give you a single house of rep member? Be deceiving your afonja soul
You are a complete baboon if you think politics in Delta Nigeria is a game of numbers. Listen carefully, there's something call rotation and divide and rule. A counter question would be, why can't the Ijaw population give them a governor in Delta State? Because it just can't work, we all know the Ijaws and their selfish and devilish interest. The only thing Ijaws seem to be better than Itsekiri is "population" in Nigeria. But in Delta, Itsekiris are more than them. The president of NFF is still Amaju. If not for Tompolo (the rogue) there's no known Ijaw man in Delta. It doesn't make sense that the owners of lands don't have a single prominent person...hahaha. Ijaws are below all tribes in Delta. Ijaws are dragging us back honestly.

1 Like

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by Nobody: 6:54am On Jan 07, 2018
SouthEastFacts:

Go school, you no gree go. So because Bayelsan Ijaws didn't give Jonathan up to 500K votes, then they must be less than 1million?

Going by your logic, Yorubas are less than 10 million because less than 5 million people voted in the election.

Yoruba people logic. You people are not as smart as we used to think. Thanks to Nairaland.
You're just being plain mischievous. Go to Obasanjo's election and tell me the Yorubas who came to vote were just 5 mil when Delta as a state is producing 1.5 mil in votes. Then, come back to GEJ presidential election, even if we are being generous and say multiply 500k by 4 to give 2 mil in Bayelsa, it still doesn't add up to 14 million (or 20 million owing to exponential growth) Ijaws in Nigeria. The figures are so inflated, so please, shut up and bow your head in shame.

1 Like

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by Iyajelili(f): 7:37am On Jan 07, 2018
njelrapheal:
you have made a very good point. Personally, I wish it were so but some friends are better of as friends than room mates
Lol,this your illustration dey give me headache. Morning!

1 Like

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by valirex: 7:39am On Jan 07, 2018
EternalTruth:
who is this small rat? And which hole did you crawl in from?

The fact you crawl from holes doesn't mean everyone does the same.
#IjorFisherMan
Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by step1: 7:42am On Jan 07, 2018
AdaFonju:

It will be in your best interest to avoid the Ijaws, ask yoyr fathers to tell you the stories of warri crises when itsekiri men started writing Igbo mans house on their properties. You are all Yoruba people and you will bw sent back to your kith and kin in the west, you claim to be from niger delta but speak Yoruba language who are deceiving
I find this statement very stupid to say the least. Is Niger delta homogenous. Is it not just a region ? Why can't yorubas be found there ? And yes we have opc in delta state. Kill yourself

Aboki made a statement; ijaws started threatening the itsekiris. How stupid are these people really.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by valirex: 7:50am On Jan 07, 2018
Xda59:

Yeah right! The same way fulani herdsmen are found in 36 states. Normadic ogogoro drinking bastards.

�lol, thumbs up

#OgoroDrinkingBastard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by SicilianMafia: 7:55am On Jan 07, 2018
valirex:

�lol, thumbs up

#OgoroDrinkingBastard

grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by SouthEastFacts: 7:57am On Jan 07, 2018
Datazone:

You're just being plain mischievous. Go to Obasanjo's election and tell me the Yorubas who came to vote were just 5 mil when Delta as a state is producing 1.5 mil in votes. Then, come back to GEJ presidential election, even if we are being generous and say multiply 500k by 4 to give 2 mil in Bayelsa, it still doesn't add up to 14 million (or 20 million owing to exponential growth) Ijaws in Nigeria. The figures are so inflated, so please, shut up and bow your head in shame.
Are you sure you can comprehend or sensible at all?
First, you or your brother said since Bayelsans voters gave GEJ less than 500k votes, then Ijaws must be less than 1 million. Only an illiterate can make this assertion.
Now, through the bolden you are authoritatively saying voting population of an area is 25% of its entire population. So going by this silly assumption, the Yorubas are less than 20 million since about 4.5 million voted in the last election, if I generously multiply 4.5 by 4.

There is just no difference between some yorubas and the SW media. I used to think you guys are sensible but not again
Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by rigarmortis: 8:08am On Jan 07, 2018
i
AdaFonju:

Which ogba did you beget, what is their language, royalty, town names , I never knew a Mango tree begets udara, our Pere is on the throne of his fathers, if you or your Governor get mind make in try enter Izon communities for anything, where were you when the ugly governor was begging for peace organizing luncheons

Leave the nitwit to be there begetting 2 everybody, infact Edo in Japan is from Benin.

The civil war is over, all these nonsense twisting of history is over with it.

1 Like

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by 9jakool: 8:57am On Jan 07, 2018
macof:
I think Ijaw is not a homogenous ethnicity.. I lernt there are even few groups that speak Edoid languages, and some speak languages similar to the Efik-Ibibio

This is true. A well known example are the Apois of Ondo who speak a Yoruba dialect after migrating to their present location and assimilating with the natives. They claim that they migrated to their original location from the original Apoi clan in Central Bayelsa. This is no surprise because Ijaws are opportunistic explorers/seekers who were historically involved in maritime activities. They even made their ways into the cranies of Ijebu creeks. There was even a relationship involving transfer of ideas between Ijebus and Ijaws that goes back before colonial times.

2 Likes

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by Nobody: 9:04am On Jan 07, 2018
SouthEastFacts:

First, you or your brother said since Bayelsans voters gave GEJ less than 500k votes, then Ijaws must be less than 1 million. Only an illiterate can make this assertion.
Now, through the bolden you are authoritatively saying voting population of an area is 25% of its entire population. So going by this silly assumption, the Yorubas are less than 20 million since about 4.5 million voted in the last election, if I generously multiply 4.5 by 4.

There is just no difference between some yorubas and the SW media. I used to think you guys are sensible but not again
Oga, you are just being stupid. Your Ijaw mentality can't work on us. Even if we say only 10% of Bayelsa population came to vote then the total population in Bayelsa will be 5 mil which is impossible. For a small LGA like Bayelsa (only 7 LGA and water-logged area) the population can't be up to 5 mil.... Mr man, keep quiet. Don't display your foolishness on NL

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by AdaFonju: 9:15am On Jan 07, 2018
davidnazee:

You be complete idiot. Ogiso is 100% bini word. Meaning king or ruler of the sky. Early Benin kings were called ogiso. During the time of Eweka the great the title of Oba was adopted. The last Ogiso was the father of Oduduwa.
Ogie means king/ruler
Iso means sky.
Show me a dictionary of bini language having those words, you guys have been using Ijaw words as title since the beginning of your people and you dont know your master

1 Like

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by femolii: 9:51am On Jan 07, 2018
verydark:

we are all binis.if you bothered to read history of this area called nigeria you would know.igbos are not binis.igbos are from the congo area.

then to the north,songhai.

even igbos know they are not you.but why should they give you this information when you dont bother to read yourself.?

its up to you to know who you are.everything is about land here.not realy about cultures.
If you don't get head others get go and read your history you will know that benin are from Ile ife even the first king of benin is from ile ife may sense fall on u so that you can recieve knowledge wisdom and regain back yourself from hate and destructions, if not you are finish already.
Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by femolii: 9:55am On Jan 07, 2018
EternalTruth:
if this fight happen now. Igbos would join their Ijaw neighbours and chase Bini back to the west and if Afonjas try any nonsense. We deal with you people
Receive sense.
Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by SuperS1Panther: 9:58am On Jan 07, 2018
Afriifa:
speak with facts and stop running yiur mouth like tap

Basket mouth and hollow head, read up and educate yourself and stop disgracing whoever paid your school fees.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by iconize(m): 10:00am On Jan 07, 2018
SicilianMafia:

Lool!

Edos nordey blow thier trumpet oo but people who know , know who the 4th major ethnic group are in this country!

You're a moronic person.

There's no such thing such Edos.

Your phantom Edos are not even as large as the Tivs and Kanuris.

1 Like

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by iconize(m): 10:11am On Jan 07, 2018
Bobby808:
These tribe were living peacefully before this holo block president Buhari is trying to cause tribal war. I remember the Ijaws almos eliminated the Itskiris duing the first tribal war between them now this Huasa is about starting another round. This government is always devisive. From history, the Ijaws are known to be forth largest ethnic group. Am wondering a very tiny tribe like the Itsekiris who are only occupying some part of Warri are making noise. I don look for trouble for telling the truth. But Itsekiri get governors self? Are they even in Senate? Them dey minster position? You can only find them as local government area chairman only in Warri city.

You're a stark illiterate.

At the emboldened, which history said Ijos are the fourth largest ethnic group in Nigeria?

Dumbass filths.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by Afam4eva(m): 10:32am On Jan 07, 2018
SuperS1Panther:

We respect boundaries. IN 2013 they tried their usual noise making with us in Ondo and they knew were it ended.

They were warned severally before we struck. They did the same thing at Ajegunle until we put them in their place forever. I am sure the story is a folklore among their Ajegunle residents and they can NEVER try their effrontery there again

Which Ajegunle? The one is Lagos? Do they have a village there?

3 Likes

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by Amberon11: 10:36am On Jan 07, 2018
Idiot. Every Nigerian is black no matter your skin tone.
Neimar:

una goat tribe abi? bloody militants with deir black ugly faces
Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by Amberon11: 10:45am On Jan 07, 2018
Meaning that one in10 Nigerians is ijaw....lmao
TonyeBarcanista:
Like I opined in the other thread, the 15 million Ijaw people shall never be broken by malicious acts from some envious and wicked elements that are within and outside the Niger Delta and Southsouth region.

The fact remains that Ijaw population that are indegenous in Rivers, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Delta, Ondo and Edo states (the so-called Oba of Benin can go to hell if he insist on not embracing the reality), remains the undisputed 4th largest ethnic group in Nigeria and 10% of the entire country.
Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by Amberon11: 10:54am On Jan 07, 2018
Fool. Delta which the Niger delta is named after is not in the Niger Delta?
EternalTruth:
shut up that gutter mouth.
Edo State isn't a Niger Delta State. During restructuring Edo and Delta States would be geopolitically zoned back to the South West.
There are no longer part of us in S.S and N.D.
cc AdaFonju nengibo etc

1 Like

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by Afriifa(m): 10:55am On Jan 07, 2018
SuperS1Panther:

Basket mouth and hollow head, read up and educate yourself and stop disgracing whoever paid your school fees.
and your point is?
Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by oodualover: 11:09am On Jan 07, 2018
SouthEastFacts:

Who told you the guy you quoted is Yoruba?

1 Like

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by SoaringLife01: 11:15am On Jan 07, 2018
jolomiurenyi:

That of Ethiope west, we have an Itsekiri community there called Ebrifo close to the state polytechnic in Oghara, there are also some I can't made mention of in Oghara, Jesse, Mosocgha, etc...

Are they not Itsekiris dwelling in Urhobo Land? You know we both lived together in the past as brothers and sisters.Most Urhobo communities accommodated Itsekiris in the past to dwell along their river banks.( Iwheghwu-Agbarho,Oghara-Agbarho ,Otokutu,etc)
Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by verydark: 11:30am On Jan 07, 2018
fatiaforreal:

You're right, but its not only the igbos that came from Congo. Almost all the tribes in west Africa , and beyond did. That's why we're referred to as the Niger-Congo group. Linguistics has shown Igbo and Yoruba are variations of same language together with Igala. Our separation into different tribes took place around the Niger confluence, from where Igbo migrated through Benue and cross into SE area. First Ile Ife was located close to the Niger river, it was destroyed by flood and they migrated to the present day Ile Ife. The people who later became Binis journeyed through this same point of separation ( whether on their way from Egypt as claimed by some or they came from Nupe, a corruption of the word Nyuife in the language of the inhabitants till date, meaning Ile Ife ,according to Jacob Egarevba). So, all these tribes are the same people. Itsekiri is much more Yoruba than Bini; even Ijaws have versions of their history that places Ife as their origin. Forget the different names, we only enjoy being different but in reality, we're the same.

we are the same.am not sure about your all are from the congo area though.but i will not argue with you about that.

you bother to read.thats already enough for me.

cheers.

1 Like

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by SouthEastFacts: 11:38am On Jan 07, 2018
Datazone:

Oga, you are just being stupid. Your Ijaw mentality can't work on us. Even if we say only 10% of Bayelsa population came to vote then the total population in Bayelsa will be 5 mil which is impossible. For a small LGA like Bayelsa (only 7 LGA and water-logged area) the population can't be up to 5 mil.... Mr man, keep quiet. Don't display your foolishness on NL
I am sorry, you have 2 problems: comprehension problem and inability to understand figures. Go through my post again and show me how 10% take relate with 5 million.

Ijaws say they are 14 million. If you are not comfortable with that, donate your head to Skull mining.

1 Like

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by Neimar: 11:48am On Jan 07, 2018
Amberon11:
Idiot. Every Nigerian is black no matter your skin tone.

mumu die by fire grin

2 Likes

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 07, 2018
SouthEastFacts:

I am sorry, you have 2 problems: comprehension problem and inability to understand figures. Go through my post again and show me how 10% take relate with 5 million.

Ijaws say they are 14 million. If you are not comfortable with that, donate your head to Skull mining.
You are another lost sheep, you as an Ijaw tout is posing as an Igbo man (SouthEast). It is not that you can't comprehend but also, you don't know mathematics. I mean 10% of 5 mil = 500k Ijaw votes. This puts total (100%) of Bayelsa at 5 mil. Yes, it relates to the fact that the Ijaws are trying to blend their imagination with reality. We as citizens of the Delta will not stand idly by as illiterates rewrite history for us.

2 Likes

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 07, 2018
Afam4eva:

Which Ajegunle? The one is Lagos? Do they have a village there?
The barbarians tried to claim a portion of land in Lagos na. These idiots
Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jan 07, 2018
AdaFonju:

Itsekiri is more than Delta Ijaw, can you provide links to population figures, does itsekiri have a single house of rep member or senator. Why can't your population give you a single house of rep member? Be deceiving your afonja soul
Hon. daniel reyenieju - House of Representatives Warri
http://www.nass.gov.ng/mp/profile/837

Illiteracy is a disease. Check Google for (Hon. daniel reyenieju)

Also check NFF President (Amaju Pinnick)
Check Prof Itse Sagay

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Governor El-Rufai Visits Zainab Ahmed, Minister Of Finance / Elections: APC Candidates, Others Step Down For PDP / Early Pictures From APC Presidential Campaign Rally In Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.