Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,942 members, 7,838,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw (22266 Views)

Fulani Christian Leaders Warn Buhari On Activities Of Arewa Pastors / APC Lagos West Leaders Warn Babajide Sanwo-olu / Stay Clear Of Imo, APC Leaders Warn Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by Rival(m): 2:05pm On Jan 07, 2018
LGDON:

This is not opinion but fact.....this is what Ogbia history shows...they are not Ijaws ...they migrated from benin

Every Ogbia man knows that....I have lived with Ijaw and Ogbia people for a very long time...I even married one

That Ijaws and Ogbia people live in the same geographical region does not mean they are the same

If every Ogbia man knows that then who are the Ogbia people I interact with everyday in Ijaw forums on facebook?
Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by LGDON: 2:23pm On Jan 07, 2018
Rival:
If every Ogbia man knows that then who are the Ogbia people I interact with everyday in Ijaw forums on facebook?

Why won't they interact

Are they not from the same state

Go to bayelsa and ask....when goodluck was president how the Ogbia people immiginalized Ijaws when it comes to appointments, jobs , scholarships
Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by Rival(m): 2:43pm On Jan 07, 2018
LGDON:

Why won't they interact

Are they not from the same state

Go to bayelsa and ask....when goodluck was president how the Ogbia people immiginalized Ijaws when it comes to appointments, jobs , scholarships
You won't understand what I mean and I don't want to explain. However, know that even parents and their children Do have issues!
Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by SuperS1Panther: 3:10pm On Jan 07, 2018
Afam4eva:

Which Ajegunle? The one is Lagos? Do they have a village there?

They are quite much there and that gave them the believe they can march on the ground any how.

They marched anyhow and they equally saw anyhow.

1 Like

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 07, 2018
Afriifa:
r u dat pained?
pained? Nope... I just asked you a straight forward question. Give me an answer, then we can have a basis for discussion... but that's not gonna happen right? Lemme guess...what's the ijaw history again? smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by SicilianMafia: 5:25pm On Jan 07, 2018
BlaqCoffee109:
pained? Nope... I just asked you a straight forward question. Give me an answer, then we can have a basis for discussion... but that's not gonna happen right? Lemme guess...what's the ijaw history again? smiley

They can't even recite thier one page history hahahaha

grin grin grin grin grin

@Adafonjo tell your other discarded Edo descendants to come and recite ijaw one page history for us!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 07, 2018
SicilianMafia:

They can't even recite thier one page history hahahaha

grin grin grin grin grin

@Adafonjo tell your other discarded Edo descendants to come and recite ijaw one page history for us!!

grin grin grin grin
shocked cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by Odioko1(m): 12:06am On Jan 08, 2018
SoaringLife01:

Are they not Itsekiris dwelling in Urhobo Land? You know we both lived together in the past as brothers and sisters.Most Urhobo communities accommodated Itsekiris in the past to dwell along their river banks.( Iwheghwu-Agbarho,Oghara-Agbarho ,Otokutu,etc)

Big lie..... There is no itsekiri in Otokutu. Oghara, Agharho, Oghara. The Itsekiri in Obrifo are Urhobo who also speak Itsekiri and some of the Itsekiri woman come there for marriage. Say what you know....
Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by Odioko1(m): 12:30am On Jan 08, 2018
Datazone:

This daughter of a fisherman is here again. Politics in Delta (Nigeria at large) is divide and rule. The Ijaws, Itsekiri and Isoko in Delta South are into divide and rule - whilst Itsekiri has been the governor and claimed chairmanship in Warri LGA, the Ijaws were agreed to come in for house of rep. So, shut up, we are more than Delta Ijaws.

Here's an Urhobo website which corroborate the fact that Ijaws are inflating figures and Itsekiris are more than all tribes in Warri.

Excerpt .."Here are the official 1963 population census figures and the ethnic distribution pattern for Warri Division (now the 3 Warri Local Government areas.)

Ethnic group Population % of Total

I. Itsekiri 92,711 64%

II. Ijaw in 3 enclaves 20,702 14%

III. Urhobo of Agbassa 2,000 1.4%

IV. Urhobo of Idimi Sobo of Okere 480 0.3%

V Others – Urhobo, Edo, Hausa,Ibo 29,167 20%

Total 145,060 100%"

"
"
Why has he not excluded the huge figures for Egbeoma Ijaw (about 1/3 ) nullified by the Abuja Census Tribunal in 1991 in his computation of the Ijaw figures? Why has he overlooked all Government figures from 1975 to 1990? "

"And besides the fact that the 10 years restriction imposed on ward creation bars any tampering with these wards created in 1997, there is no rational or logical basis for Ijaw claim to be regarded as a majority group in Warri South West Local Government Area, a part of Itsekiri homeland."

Read the full story from the website of a 3rd party (Urhobo) so you won't say they are the machinations of Itsekiri

http://www.waado.org/UrhoboHistory/WesternNigerDelta/Danjuma/Itsekiri/PositionPaper.html

You are not serious. Where in warri south is Itsekiri more populated that the Urhobo... Any body can create a website and blog and start writing rubbish. That is not an Urhobo website, it was created by you Itsekiri to support your claim.......
Say what you know to the general public....
Best Regard!
Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by Nobody: 7:22am On Jan 08, 2018
Odioko1:

You are not serious. Where in warri south is Itsekiri more populated that the Urhobo... Any body can create a website and blog and start writing rubbish. That is not an Urhobo website, it was created by you Itsekiri to support your claim.......
Say what you know to the general public....
Best Regard!
Oga, waado is an official website of the Urhobos. Use Google to know more about it. However, Itsekiris are more than Urhobos in Warri South. Don't count Uvwie and UDU communities as part of Warri South. The Urhobos in Warri South are mainly Okere and Agbassa.
Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by jolomiurenyi(m): 7:36am On Jan 08, 2018
SoaringLife01:

Are they not Itsekiris dwelling in Urhobo Land? You know we both lived together in the past as brothers and sisters.Most Urhobo communities accommodated Itsekiris in the past to dwell along their river banks.( Iwheghwu-Agbarho,Oghara-Agbarho ,Otokutu,etc)

Did I argue with you on this base? the Urhobos accommodated the Itsekiris so its reciprocal..
Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by SoaringLife01: 12:57pm On Jan 08, 2018
jolomiurenyi:

Did I argue with you on this base? the Urhobos accommodated the Itsekiris so its reciprocal..

I did not argue with you my sister.Just asking question.We have both lived together for years.

1 Like

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by SoaringLife01: 1:08pm On Jan 08, 2018
Odioko1:

Big lie..... There is no itsekiri in Otokutu. Oghara, Agharho, Oghara. The Itsekiri in Obrifo are Urhobo who also speak Itsekiri and some of the Itsekiri woman come there for marriage. Say what you know....

Read my comment very well.I said in the past.....There used to be Itsekiris dwellers in the aforementioned Urhobo communities I mentioned.Go do your findings. Go to Oghara-Agbarho,you will see the evidence of the co-existence we have with our Itsekiris neighbours.Chief Omene Sobotie,one time commissioner in Delta State is from there.
Forget this subtle strife between us and the Itsekiris,our ancestors lived peacefully with them-Urhobos are very accommodating.

1 Like

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by gevans(m): 8:20pm On Jan 08, 2018
EternalTruth:
shut up that gutter mouth.
Edo State isn't a Niger Delta State. During restructuring Edo and Delta States would be geopolitically zoned back to the South West.
There are no longer part of us in S.S and N.D.
cc AdaFonju nengibo etc

what are u saying? the main Niger Delta States are Bayelsa and Delta, fed govt later include other oil producing states to the original Niger Delta States.
Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by SicilianMafia: 8:22pm On Jan 08, 2018
gevans:

what are u saying? the main Niger Delta States are Bayelsa and Delta, fed govt later include other oil producing states to the original Niger Delta States.

He is a drunk ...... Ignore him
Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by macof(m): 9:52pm On Jan 08, 2018
LGDON:

This is not opinion but fact.....this is what Ogbia history shows...they are not Ijaws ...they migrated from benin

Every Ogbia man knows that....I have lived with Ijaw and Ogbia people for a very long time...I even married one

That Ijaws and Ogbia people live in the same geographical region does not mean they are the same

Like I said before on this thread

Ijaws are not homogeneous, there are some ijaws who speak edoid languages, some speak languages similar to ibibio
Yet they are all Ijaw, If there is enough in common among the people to pick up a common ethnic identity then so be it.

Even in the North, not everyone that answers Hausa is originally Hausa, small groups assimilate into more dominant Ethnic identities

1 Like

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by jadyclem(m): 11:13pm On Jan 08, 2018
cyrilamx:
Ijaws re mere Propaganda militants and never make the mistake of dignifying them with warrior-status. Kidnapping and vandalising pipeline is not synonymous with real combat. Don't come here and tell me they fought the Nigerian state and won...that is fallacy, if not for economic interest those smeagul like creatures can't even stand a day of military might. So go tell your fear story to kids not one whose lineage produce real warriors whose memory still related today. Militancy is not the synonym of war. The Edo nation beget several tribes in South south as far as OBA in Rivers state...before ijaws mount the keyboards like starved rodents again to type trash, let them wash their back....
bro, I'm not talking about militancy, I'm talking about the warri crisis that God used ibori to settle. my family and I were caught in the middle of it, my elder brother was kidnapped etc. If you had seen the weapons those ijaw boys were having then, u go know say crisis or war no be watin person they wish for. So many people close to us losed their lives and loved ones. The experience was really bad! I'm not talking out of fear but from experience, beside man no go fit carry family run again. We no want crisis. Just saying!
Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by SouthEastFacts: 3:23pm On Jan 09, 2018
Datazone:

My tribe isn't known to be killers but rather the Ijaws. 500k is the estimated vote of Bayelsa State during the last election. So I said, let's assume only 10% came to vote and then, the total of Bayelsa will be 5 mil which is very untrue considering the small land mass coupled with the swampy environment in Bayelsa.
Ijaws are not only in Bayelsa. They are in over 5 states.
Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by SicilianMafia: 12:33pm On Jan 10, 2018
Ogogoro drinkers howfar grin grin grin grin cheesy grin
Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by AROZIBE: 8:31am On Jan 19, 2018
dederocs:

Dummy, do you know the Benin empire has existed for more than 2000yrs, the Oba lineage and throne has been well documented and preserved, stretching from the Ogiso dynasty, stop spreading ignorant news...bloody peasants fisherman settlers, I suspect you guys are not even Nigerians...you all need to be flushed out.
your level stupidity baffles me ur brain nids upgrade u are immature

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

5 Reasons Africans Are Still Poor - Aroms Aigbehi / Keyamo Shares Videos Of PDP Members Complaining After Lagos Rally / Sale Of Rivers Assets: Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest On Amaechi, Cole, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.