Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Wike Places N640 Million Bounty On 32 Most Wanted ‘cult Leaders’ In Rivers (See) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Places N640 Million Bounty On 32 Most Wanted ‘cult Leaders’ In Rivers (See) (26830 Views)

Wike Places N30m Bounty On Bobrisky, Bans IYM, BYA, OYM, Other Youth Groups / Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC / NNPC Says Osinbajo Gave Approval For N640 Billion Contract;VP Office Keeps Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Places N640 Million Bounty On 32 Most Wanted ‘cult Leaders’ In Rivers (See) by dantyboy: 9:52pm On Jan 09, 2018
My brother shut up your smelling mouth
princechurchill:
So Don Wayne or wanny was living large under Amechi and even killed 14 people in 2014 hmmmm
Re: Wike Places N640 Million Bounty On 32 Most Wanted ‘cult Leaders’ In Rivers (See) by lacasera14(m): 10:06pm On Jan 09, 2018
sinaj:
Lemme go nd buy a packet of whistle nd torchlight grin
your local government obio akpor was not mentioned. That place should be top on the list.
Re: Wike Places N640 Million Bounty On 32 Most Wanted ‘cult Leaders’ In Rivers (See) by salmonkas178(m): 10:07pm On Jan 09, 2018
Wike self na runs man...won't say much ...I'm sure these are loyal cult boys of amaechi, another devil in human skin....all these our leaders self....Make the youths just wake up .I can't die for any politician..
Re: Wike Places N640 Million Bounty On 32 Most Wanted ‘cult Leaders’ In Rivers (See) by Aslawish(m): 10:13pm On Jan 09, 2018
Groovenaija360:
Rivers State Governor Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has declared 32 suspected cult gang leaders spread across the State wanted and is offering N20 million reward for anyone who can provide useful information that will lead to their arrest of any of them.

The Governor had also announced that the State Anti-kidnapping Law will be amended to prescribe death sentence for criminals involved in cultism, robbery and kidnapping.

The Governor who stated this in broadcast on Monday on the killing of Johnson Igwedibia alias Don Wanny, stated that the Rivers State Government has zero tolerance for crime and criminality, hence it will continue to take measures to protect lives and property.

He said: “We reiterate our zero tolerance for all forms of criminality and reassure all residents of our determination to be tough with those who choose to violate our criminal laws and undermine peace and security in the State.

“To underscore the seriousness we attach to the fight against violent crime, we shall be amending the Anti kidnapping law to prescribe the maximum sentence for engaging in cultism, robbery and kidnapping”.

Governor Wike stated that the amnesty programme of the state government led to peaceful atmosphere in the state and was largely successful before it was compromised by the immediate past Governor of Rivers State, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi who prevailed on the Federal Government and the security agencies to sabotage it.

He claimed that APC leaders in Rivers State worked against the Amnesty Programme.

He said: “Our decision to offer amnesty to all repentant cultists, militants and criminals was done in good faith and in the best interest of the State. Regrettably, while the programme was on course, some opposition leaders in our state, especially the former governor, unhappy with the successes recorded, dissuaded some armed militants and cultists from sincerely embracing the amnesty.

“Indeed, they also persuaded the Federal Government not to support the programme and other security measures we had recommended. This is the reason why we must thank the President for doing things differently and with the support of all, a different result has been achieved.

“Even now, instead of showing respect for the dead and genuine sympathies to the bereaved families of this dastardly act, the former Governor prefers to further exploit the unfortunate incident for political ends by making wild, unguarded and inciting statements against the State Government. However, we leave him to the judgment of God and posterity.”

Governor Wike said contrary to Amaechi’s false claims and posturing, the security challenge in Omoku predated the current administration. He said Rivers State was never peaceful when Amaechi held sway as Governor, noting that the same Don Wanny tragically killed 32 persons in Omoku on the 14th of December 2014 under Amaechi , who failed to bring Don Wanny to justice.

Governor Wike said: “For years the security situation in Omoku in particular, and Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni Local Government area in general, has been most challenging because of the criminal activities of Don Wanny and his gang.

”We therefore wholeheartedly thank President Muhammadu Buhari for rising to the occasion and not politicking with the issue of security. We also commend the security agencies, particularly, the Nigerian Army and the Department of State Security, for swiftly rising to the challenge in the most professional manner.

“There is no doubt that this heroic success has proven what is possible when our security agencies are willing to discharge their constitutional duties with unadulterated commitment and professionalism.”

The governor stated that the position of the state government on the amnesty offer was clear as those who genuinely embraced the offer are bound to fully, completely and perpetually renounce all forms of criminality to enjoy terms of the amnesty or face the full weight of the law when they deviated from the programme.

He said: “Consequently, based on reliable information by the security agencies, I hereby direct them to immediately arrest and prosecute the under-mentioned persons who have either reneged on the terms of the amnesty and or refused to embrace same by continuing with cultism, kidnapping, and armed robbery in the State.”

The governor listed 32 cultists from 12 local government areas to be arrested and prosecuted by the security agencies.

While reassuring the security agencies of the support of the Rivers State Government as they discharge their responsibility of maintaining law and order.

“The Rivers State Government will pay N20 million to any person who volunteers useful information that would lead to the arrest and prosecution of any of the afore-mentioned persons.

“Since 2015, we have been calling for tackling security issues devoid of political considerations in Rivers State in order to achieve maximum result. This level of commitment and professionalism as demonstrated in the Omoku case is exemplary. Therefore, we will continue to demand no less from our security agencies to keep our State safe and secure for residents, visitors and investors.

“As a government, we have invested heavily on the security of the State and will continue to do everything within our powers to guarantee the security and safety of lives and property throughout the State. As a fact, we will spare no cost in ensuring that nobody will have peace if the lives and property of our people make no meaning to them”, the governor said.

While recalling his visit to the families of the victims of the ugly Omoku Violence on January 1, 2018 where he pledged a N200million bounty for information on the perpetrators, Governor Wike said the death of Don Wanny and his murderous gang is a welcome development.

He said: “Although we would have wanted Mr. Don Wanny and his gang members to have been arrested alive and put to trial for their numerous crimes and atrocities against his own people, his death, nevertheless, is a huge relief to the entire State, and therefore, most welcome development.”

The Governor regretted that some cult leaders have either reneged on the terms of the amnesty and or refused to embrace same by continuing with cultism, kidnapping, and armed robbery in the State:

Consequently, he declared 32 alleged cult leaders in 12 local government areas who, he alleged had refused to embrace state amnesty programme or initially embraced it but are back to criminal activities.

OGBA/EGBEMA/NDONI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA

OLUCHI IGWEDIBIA (a.k.a. Obatosu), Eze (a.k.a. Ugly Vulture) , AUSTIN – 6i/c Iceland Omoku, Evidence, TOMPOLO from Obuboru – (Greenlander)

ASARI TORU LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA

IDAYE GRANVILLE (a.k.a. Egbele), MPAKABOARI DALABU (a.k.a. Parker),

ANDONI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA

ETENGO ETNEGO – MEND, VICTOR- MEND

AHOADA WEST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA,

HAPPY HARRY ODULU (alias Chief Priest), Egbema-Ogbogolo, AHOADA AUGUSTINE OBENE (alias Sunshine, Okogbe village), TU-MAN, P (from Idoha village)

ELEME LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA,

MBAJO , DEYGBAM,

EMOHUA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA

GOODLUCK IGONIKA – ICELAND, JUSTICE ORDAH a.k.a. ADC – ICELAND, SUNNY KEMJIKA WOVODO – DEYGBAM, ONYEMA WOBO – ICELAND,

IKWERRE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA

JONATHAN NKEMIJIKA (alias School Boy)

GOKANA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA

BARIJASI FRIMA (DAYWELL), BOB MANUEL, ELVIS KOOYA (DAYGBAM) – B GIOBARA POIBA – K/DERE, BONIFACE PAAGO (a.k.a. Chairman) – BODO,

OMUMA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA,

JOHN WALA – DEYWELL, IHECHIMERE NWAYINWU-DEYWEL,BRIGHT OKERE – DEYWELL,

AKUKU TORU LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA

OSELA JACK – GREENLANDER,

DEGEMA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA

LUCKY MILLER-DEYGBAM, SOMINBA BIABO, OROLOBO NELSON – ICELAND, WATER BABY ICELAND, DANIEL BOBMANUEL – GREENLANDER

ETCHE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA

UCHECHKWU OKERE (A.K.A TOGO – DEYGBAM

>>> https://groovenaija360.com.ng/wike-places-n640-million-bounty-on-32-most-wanted-cult-leaders-in-rivers/

APC Government was able to kill Don Waney because he disturbed them during election and Wine now bright out the list of Amechi boys.

God will judge you people.
Re: Wike Places N640 Million Bounty On 32 Most Wanted ‘cult Leaders’ In Rivers (See) by sinaj(f): 10:31pm On Jan 09, 2018
lacasera14:
your local government obio akpor was not mentioned. That place should be top on the list.
My place is very peaceful jore angry
Re: Wike Places N640 Million Bounty On 32 Most Wanted ‘cult Leaders’ In Rivers (See) by lacasera14(m): 11:06pm On Jan 09, 2018
sinaj:
My place is very peaceful jore angry
Lol, Okay na
Re: Wike Places N640 Million Bounty On 32 Most Wanted ‘cult Leaders’ In Rivers (See) by samueltoski: 12:10am On Jan 10, 2018
Morenikeji900:
What a shame to we Nigerians so only rivers state can pay Nigerians salary each person 1 million to us sigh this money pass our population and still we are suffering in nigeria na wa oooooooooo
Which skull u go chai ur maths teacher bad die
Re: Wike Places N640 Million Bounty On 32 Most Wanted ‘cult Leaders’ In Rivers (See) by SirBunky85(m): 12:47am On Jan 10, 2018
ebujany:

Son wanny na wikes boy...he just got overly ambitious. They gave him up
thanks for lecturing dt neophyte.wike is too evil
Re: Wike Places N640 Million Bounty On 32 Most Wanted ‘cult Leaders’ In Rivers (See) by Nobody: 12:49am On Jan 10, 2018
ebujany:
Political list...he carefully removed the names of his loyal boys.

Amaechi will soon release his own list

Politics of violence is a norm in rivers state

True. The list can never be complete as long as Ateke Tom and Evans Bipi's names are not included.
Re: Wike Places N640 Million Bounty On 32 Most Wanted ‘cult Leaders’ In Rivers (See) by Nobody: 2:54am On Jan 10, 2018
HungerBAD:
Not a fan of Wike.

But I have to give it to him,the man is trying his best. I pray Rivers State returns to her former glory.

this guy na average robot, compare to the likes of Ngenekwnu, omenka, and sarki
Re: Wike Places N640 Million Bounty On 32 Most Wanted ‘cult Leaders’ In Rivers (See) by ManMountain(m): 5:08am On Jan 10, 2018
rigarmortis:

All the names mentioned are from rivers state, including igwedibia Johnson aka don wanny and his lieutenant ikechukwu are all from rivers state.

Stop putting your mouth in matters you know nothing about.

Face your state where I'm sure the governor is yet to pay October salary.

Keep your stinking mouth shut!
Where did your brother igwedibia run to and was hiding
before he was fatally gunned down with his brains popping out of his eyes sockets?

If my state gov is yet to pay Oct salary, then your govt must be owing over 14 months in salaries

Fucking criminals! grin
Re: Wike Places N640 Million Bounty On 32 Most Wanted ‘cult Leaders’ In Rivers (See) by BushWickBill: 7:32am On Jan 10, 2018
Ibime:

Pulling out the redundant CSO card are we? Any big man can make trouble for any CSO, especially with Federal Might behind him like Wike did in 2014/15.

By the same token, who has been the CSO these last 2 years when these 32 cultists have been disrupting the state?
These Wike loyalists are the biggest ostriches in the world.
They look away from his real fatal flaws.

He has scored a big zero on security. Every one knows that these cultists, Wanny inclusive, were somehow empowered by this government in the lead off to the 2015 election. The carnage from that election is being stylishly swept under the rug

Nobody is talking about how many lives are being lost on a daily basis along the East-West road axis of the state. But the governor had earlier on declared that the state was safe, only for 32 killers to re-appear as troublers of the state. Tell me, doesn't this look like a publicity stunt by the governor to appear as though something is being done about the state's security?

Trust me, a good number of those cultists have had one kind of association with his election. And nothing will happen to those cultists till election time nears.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Places N640 Million Bounty On 32 Most Wanted ‘cult Leaders’ In Rivers (See) by wingmanII: 8:40am On Jan 10, 2018
BushWickBill:

These Wike loyalists are the biggest ostriches in the world.
They look away from his real fatal flaws.

He has scored a big zero on security. Every one knows that these cultists, Wanny inclusive, were somehow empowered by this government in the lead off to the 2015 election. The carnage from that election is being stylishly swept under the rug

Nobody is talking about how many lives are being lost on a daily basis along the East-West road axis of the state. But the governor had earlier on declared that the state was safe, only for 32 killers to re-appear as troublers of the state. Tell me, doesn't this look like a publicity stunt by the governor to appear as though something is being done about the state's security?

Trust me, a good number of those cultists have had one kind of association with his election. And nothing will happen to those cultists till election time nears.

My friend you are not making any point. You blame him for the insecurity in the state, now he is proactive to arrest the gangsters before they wreck further havoc. Yet you criticize him. What exactly do you want him to do? Criticize constructively.
Re: Wike Places N640 Million Bounty On 32 Most Wanted ‘cult Leaders’ In Rivers (See) by BushWickBill: 8:49am On Jan 10, 2018
wingmanII:

My friend you are not making any point. You blame him for the insecurity in the state, now he is proactive to arrest the gangsters before they wreck further havoc. Yet you criticize him. What exactly do you want him to do? Criticize constructively.

Please if you don't have any thing tangible to say, don't quote me, I beg you. If you so believe in Wike, allow me to have my own point of view. Y

Allow me to have my no point please.

Tell me how he is going to arrest these gangsters without the aid of security apparatus. The same people he is busy abusing and accusing of causing problems in the state. Now the story has changed to 32 cultists.

When Wanny was running freely in Omoku and environs, where was Wike?

When people were being abducted daily on that portion of the East-West road, did he call any militant/cultist name?

When families were being slaughtered because they supported opposition party in the state, did he say anyting?

Please get off my mentions this morning you stupid troll. You are too backward to even think for yourself.
Re: Wike Places N640 Million Bounty On 32 Most Wanted ‘cult Leaders’ In Rivers (See) by rigarmortis: 2:24pm On Jan 10, 2018
ManMountain:

Keep your stinking mouth shut!
Where did your brother igwedibia run to and was hiding
before he was fatally gunned down with his brains popping out of his eyes sockets?

If my state gov is yet to pay Oct salary, then your govt must be owing over 14 months in salaries

Fucking criminals! grin

you are a person, so he must be from enugu to hide there? typically amala stuffed brain reasoning, he was even hiding in owerri before he was caught, so he must be from owerri and enugu at the same time?

waking up from your starchy food coma, igwedibia is y brother from rivers state...so what?....i have a brother who is a criminal, a cultist, and kidnapper who started by sabotaging oil miners in his community which is omoku in river while you have a brother who has started by skull mining oshogboto move to greater things.

who are you to point your oil soup stain fingers?
Re: Wike Places N640 Million Bounty On 32 Most Wanted ‘cult Leaders’ In Rivers (See) by izaray(f): 2:29pm On Jan 10, 2018
Oyindidi:
I think I'll need whistle and torchlight too. See money grin
So una want turn to hunters by force? grin
Re: Wike Places N640 Million Bounty On 32 Most Wanted ‘cult Leaders’ In Rivers (See) by ManMountain(m): 2:30pm On Jan 10, 2018
rigarmortis:

[s]you are a person, so he must be from enugu to hide there? typically amala stuffed brain reasoning, he was even hiding in owerri before he was caught, so he must be from owerri and enugu at the same time?

waking up from your starchy food coma, igwedibia is y brother from rivers state...so what?....i have a brother who is a criminal, a cultist, and kidnapper who started by sabotaging oil miners in his community which is omoku in river while you have a brother who has started by skull mining oshogboto move to greater things.

who are you to point your oil soup stain fingers?
[/s]

See painment grin
I'm sure those wanted criminals are very close to you in your neighbourhood in abakaliki

Re: Wike Places N640 Million Bounty On 32 Most Wanted ‘cult Leaders’ In Rivers (See) by makoota: 2:48pm On Jan 10, 2018
these names sounds like the names of those guys that use to stay at the back of the class during secondary school days.
Re: Wike Places N640 Million Bounty On 32 Most Wanted ‘cult Leaders’ In Rivers (See) by rigarmortis: 12:24pm On Jan 11, 2018
ManMountain:

See painment grin
I'm sure those wanted criminals are very close to you in your neighbourhood in abakaliki

LOL, i don't stay in abakalilki, i wouldn't mind staying there if posted there.

where do you stay?....in a quiet corner of your father's already overcrowded house?

when will you stop asking your mother for handouts bro?

or dont you have any oil installations in your community you can lay siege as don wanny did?....its better than nothing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed Gets International Lobbying Job / Army Claims Responsibility For Bombing Of Tudun Biri Villagers In Kaduna / Governors In Aso Rock For Crucial Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.