Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,686 members, 7,823,933 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Stop Weeping, Arm Benue People To Defend Themselves, Sagay Tells Ortom - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Weeping, Arm Benue People To Defend Themselves, Sagay Tells Ortom (28577 Views)

Sowore: "You Owe Nigerians An Explanation’ – Sagay Tells DSS Over Re-arrest Of A / Complete All Ambode's Projects Before Starting New Ones, Sagay Tells Sanwo-olu / You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Weeping, Arm Benue People To Defend Themselves, Sagay Tells Ortom by intruxive(m): 2:43pm On Jan 11, 2018
smulti:

you are basically saying Benue massacre should be ignored and swept under the carpet .
No, it shouldn't.
But advocating for arming and retaliation only builds a cycle of violence and death.
Thank God the governor is shouting at everyone involved now. You will see the menace will cease
Re: Stop Weeping, Arm Benue People To Defend Themselves, Sagay Tells Ortom by gare(f): 2:49pm On Jan 11, 2018
“The point I always make and I make it again is that the greatest failure and the person who should take all the blame for what is happening is the state governor, Samuel Ortom. Ortom is the chief security officer of Benue. Every time, the killings happen, he breaks down in tears and puts his hands on his head and keeps blaming the federal government”.

YOU CAN SEE HOW THINGS APC PEOPLE ARE EXPOSING THEMSELVES EVERYDAY, DID YOU BLAME THE GOVERNOR OF BORNO STATE WHEN THEY KIDNAPPED THE CHIBOK GIRLS?

THEN YOU ALL WITH YOU INCLUSIVE BLAMED GEJ FOR CHIBOK GIRLS AND YOU GUYS ARE STILL BLAMING HIM TILL DATE, NOW YOU DONT WANT PMB TO BE BLAMED, INSTEAD YOU WANT THE GOVERNOR OF THE STATE TO BE BLAMED, WHY DO YOU GUYS LIKE OPERATING DOUBLE STANDARD, EVEN FUEL PRICE GO BE TWO FUEL PRICE. NA GOD GO HELP UNA.
Re: Stop Weeping, Arm Benue People To Defend Themselves, Sagay Tells Ortom by OmoEpe(m): 3:02pm On Jan 11, 2018
plaetton:

Yes.
16 uninterrupted years of steady progress in Nigeria.
That's a fact by every measure.
Every measurable index of life improved in Nigeria from 1999 to 2015.
Do yourself a favor, get a brain and educate yourself a little. Remove your tribal , party or religious cap, and be honest with yourself.

If Buhari and his band of vagabonds and misfits are not voted out of Aso Rock next year, then Nigeria would be pushed soo far backwards, that the years between 1999-2015 would forever be remembered as Nigeria's golden ERA.
Honestly the worse thing to outright lies is half truth same with half education. By 2003 Nigeria's foreign reserve was over $40bn by 2007 it was around $60bn. How much did your drunken hero from Otueke deplete it to. How much was oil during Jonathan's years of the locust? Till date no Nigerian leader has earned what GEJ earned in terms of revenue yet no transformation of ANY SECTOR WHATSOEVER. The only achievements recorded by him was setting a new corruption record. Nepa was privatised under your alcoholic hero yet we have less of power generatthan when it was public sector driven. All we had was paper growth without any improvement in people's living standards.
Since you are so dumb that you can't remember i will remind you that as of 2014 june over 13 states of the federation couldn't pay salary because your ali Baba and the 40theives administration had stolen the Federation account blind. The excess crude oil account jointly owned by the 3 tiers of Government turned into your clueless hero's personal ATM without an account to other arms reason why Govs then insisted that the little balance remaining be shared since NOI had turned into a rat that keeps depleting the balance every month.
Since you have a short memory i will need to remind you that 2/3 of borno state was under Boko Haram administration while your hero was hitting the bottle hard in Aso Rock. The railway contractors weren't paid hence work stopped in the railway construction till PMB won and paid them.
I can go on and on but i doubt if it will change your jaundice view of issues
Re: Stop Weeping, Arm Benue People To Defend Themselves, Sagay Tells Ortom by smulti(m): 3:25pm On Jan 11, 2018
intruxive:

No, it shouldn't.
But advocating for arming and retaliation only builds a cycle of violence and death.
Thank God the governor is shouting at everyone involved now. You will see the menace will cease
So they should fold their hands and got killed as the government looks the other way round only to send security forces to prevent reprisal attack from the indigenes

@ the bolded

I'm sure Fulani herdsmen will still slaughter more people within the country before this week runs out

I'll try and remind you as soon as they strike
Re: Stop Weeping, Arm Benue People To Defend Themselves, Sagay Tells Ortom by plaetton: 4:22pm On Jan 11, 2018
OmoEpe:

Honestly the worse thing to outright lies is half truth same with half education. By 2003 Nigeria's foreign reserve was over $40bn by 2007 it was around $60bn. How much did your drunken hero from Otueke deplete it to. How much was oil during Jonathan's years of the locust? Till date no Nigerian leader has earned what GEJ earned in terms of revenue yet no transformation of ANY SECTOR WHATSOEVER. The only achievements recorded by him was setting a new corruption record. Nepa was privatised under your alcoholic hero yet we have less of power generatthan when it was public sector driven. All we had was paper growth without any improvement in people's living standards.
Since you are so dumb that you can't remember i will remind you that as of 2014 june over 13 states of the federation couldn't pay salary because your ali Baba and the 40theives administration had stolen the Federation account blind. The excess crude oil account jointly owned by the 3 tiers of Government turned into your clueless hero's personal ATM without an account to other arms reason why Govs then insisted that the little balance remaining be shared since NOI had turned into a rat that keeps depleting the balance every month.
Since you have a short memory i will need to remind you that 2/3 of borno state was under Boko Haram administration while your hero was hitting the bottle hard in Aso Rock. The railway contractors weren't paid hence work stopped in the railway construction till PMB won and paid them.

Good heavens! shocked
Here we go again. undecided
Another halfthinking drone coming out with disjointed babbles.
Is it that your facts are disjointed or that your thought patterns are disjointed.

Now, I am wiling to engage you if you have the capacity for rational debate on the issues raised.

First of all,

OmoEpe:

By 2003 Nigeria's foreign reserve was over $40bn by 2007 it was around $60bn.

Kindly quote your source.

Lets start with 1999. What was Nigeria's foreign reserves?
How did it grow to $40b, and to $60b ?
What was it in 2015 ?

Now, You are probably an economic illiterate who thinks that adding a few billions $ to foreign reserves is the only and relevant measure of prudent economic management.
We earn foreign reserves by exporting oil, and we deplete foreign reserves by importing consumer goods, machinery, international travel and expenses, repatriation of profits from foreign companies based in Nigeria, etc.
Therefore , foreign reserves go up and down on periodic basis depending on whether Nigerians, not just the government, are spending more or less on imports and foreign exchange transactions.

OmoEpe:

How much was oil during Jonathan's years of the locust? Till date no Nigerian leader has earned what GEJ earned in terms of revenue yet no transformation of ANY SECTOR WHATSOEVER.

How much was oil during the OBJ era ?

Again, spouting the nonsense programmed to your zombie brain.
Let me take the pains to educate you again, since apparently, your parents wasted their money on schools fees for you.

Traditionally, when the government earns more, all 3 tiers of government also earn more, and spend more.

Government 101, taught in JSS3 if I am correct:
Government exists to provide social services for the welfare of the citizens.

The government does not exist to save money in bank accounts for you.
Duuuhh!!

Most governments around the world spend more than they receive. They call it Deficit , in case you have never heard of that word before.

Therefore, the government spending it's earnings to create jobs, grow the economy, meet its international financial obligations is perfectly normal.

In fact, the current minister of finance publicly criticized the previous government for having an unacceptable low level of Debt to GDP profile.
In simple English, she said that GEJ should have borrowed a lot more money to fund infrastructure projects.

Now , you say that GEJ earned more money from oil than any Nigerian government.
True.
That's also why GEJ era witnessed the greatest economic boom Nigeria had witnessed since oil boom of the Gowon era.
Under GEJ, Nigeria rose to become the biggest economy in Africa.
Under GEJ, the Nigerian middle class , the most critical economic class in measuring economic progress, expanded greatly for the first time in nearly 40 years. That's a fact.

Now, I will concede with you that economic progress hardly touched a substantial number of Nigerians.
Yes, that is always the case even in the most advanced nations.
And of course, Nigeria has a lot of structural weaknesses embedded in the very nature of the federation we are running, whereby progress is slow to trickle down to the grassroots. That is a structural problem that every tier of government need to address.
It's not a " GEJ did it " problem.

OmoEpe:

Nepa was privatised under your alcoholic hero yet we have less of power generatthan when it was public sector driven. All we had was paper
Lies.
Dishonest or ignorant Lies.

Privatization NEPA was the best thing to happen.
Slowly but surely, we are seeing the benefits in terms of improvements.
And this is what good leadership does.
It lays the good foundation for future improvements.
GEJ did that.
OBJ did that.
I reiterate that 16 yrs from 1999 was marked with uninterrupted progress.

OmoEpe:

Since you are so dumb that you can't remember i will remind you that as of 2014 june over 13 states of the federation couldn't pay salary because your ali Baba and the 40theives administration had stolen the Federation account blind.

Now, lets see who amongst us is really dumb.

Now, kindly tell us , did those 13 states fail to pay salaries because,.
A. They were not receiving their monthly statutory allocations from the federation account?
B. They were getting less from the their statutory allocations from the federation account ?
or
C. Those state governors were guilty of economic mismanagement of their state finances ? undecided

OmoEpe:

The excess crude oil account jointly owned by the 3 tiers of Government turned into your clueless hero's personal ATM without an account to other arms reason why Govs then insisted that the little balance remaining be shared since NOI had turned into a rat that keeps depleting the balance every month.
Silly nonsense and innuendos.

It is on record that GEJ govt. wanted to save money via the establishment of a Sovereign Wealth Fund to save and grow our excess crude earnings.
Do you remember what happened thereafter ? undecided
The States, Led by Amaechi and the APC, led by Tinubu, sued the federal government to stop it. They wanted their cash now. Forget about tomorrow.

Selective amnesia ?
OmoEpe:

Since you have a short memory i will need to remind you that 2/3 of borno state was under Boko Haram administration while your hero was hitting the bottle hard in Aso Rock.

Oh, I am glad that you remember that GEJ was fighting a ragging war with Boko Haram.
I also remember, I don't know if you still do, that Buhari, now president of Nigeria, and Lai Mohammed , once stated publicly that the war against Boko Haram was a war against the North?.

Do you also remember that each time GEJ moved hard against Boko Haram, the Northern power brokers cried foul ?
Do you also remember that Northern officers were court marshalled for supply arms and information to Boko Haram ?

So, do you see the odds that were against GEJ in the war against Boko haram ?
And he still managed to grow the economy year after year ?
OmoEpe:

The railway contractors weren't paid hence work stopped in the railway construction till PMB won and paid them.

A big lie.
There was no stoppage of work because GEJ failed to pay the contractors.
Use your common sense for once.

Contractors are paid based on the completion of an agreed level of work or progress.
Therefore, contractors are always always owed until the completion of whatever is agreed on the contract.

Now, when your dumbo president waltzed into power, he barely understood how things work.
In typical soldier fashion, he stopped payment of all pending contractors because I assume he wanted to take time to understand who was doing what and who was being paid what.
When he stopped the payments of all pending contracts, that is when the contractors ran out funds, and stopped the works , pending the reviews by the new government.

Learn to make friends with FACTS , and while at it , get yourself some common sense.

OmoEpe:

And yes, you can go on and on with your disjointed babbles.

Empty vessels make the most noise.

You can thankme later for taking time to educate you today.
Re: Stop Weeping, Arm Benue People To Defend Themselves, Sagay Tells Ortom by robotix: 4:24pm On Jan 11, 2018
BiafraIShere:
Iwu ozu nwuru anwu! Just look at this kid, my dear I don't have time for juveniles that can't decipher their left hand from their right. Now run along bingo!!
you have no case... move along.
Re: Stop Weeping, Arm Benue People To Defend Themselves, Sagay Tells Ortom by robotix: 4:53pm On Jan 11, 2018
misgab:

Kalu was not cultured in his approach, he acted like a child instead of looking for avenues to rally the whole South and North Central. Mumu Kalu
exactly...creating more enemies for himself than allies.
Re: Stop Weeping, Arm Benue People To Defend Themselves, Sagay Tells Ortom by valentineuwakwe(m): 4:55pm On Jan 11, 2018
hmmm..li disagree with these option...instead find out if these herdsmen are really waht they say they are ormerceneries armed to the teeth.....if you arm your people to defend self, tomorow they may use that arm against you ooo
Re: Stop Weeping, Arm Benue People To Defend Themselves, Sagay Tells Ortom by CioAngels(f): 5:31pm On Jan 11, 2018
Ortom, arm your men and don't believe the IGP and all securities is sent to Benue, it is a lie, they are all working in the interest of Fulani, Buhari said they are strangers which means the Fulani in Nigeria are total strangers and they cannot send them away. This seems strategy for the next strike.
Re: Stop Weeping, Arm Benue People To Defend Themselves, Sagay Tells Ortom by sshalom(m): 5:43pm On Jan 11, 2018
I concur with the Prof on this one!
Re: Stop Weeping, Arm Benue People To Defend Themselves, Sagay Tells Ortom by OoshaRe: 6:05pm On Jan 11, 2018
eodavids:

No!

I beg to differ. Orton is the man on ground in Benue state. The constitution recognizes Orthom as the chief security officer of the state and thus places the security of lives and properties in Benue state under his care.

By the acts of Ortom, he seems to be implicating PMB on the insecurity in Benue, but he has not exhausted what a "chief security officer" of a state can do. For instance, we have not been told that Governor Orthom gave directives to the Army commander, the CP police, the Director SSS and the Commandant Civil Defence all of Benue state and his directives were turned down by any of the above foreces/agencies say because Buhari directed something to the contrary.

Also, if it comes to that, Orthom can arm Benue people to protect themselves against the incessant killings (but with clear boundaries defining the limits of their use of fire arms).

All the above haven't happened. So do not blame any "power that be".

Agreed, In a 'sane democracy' The governor should wield absolute power in a state but this is Nigeria where the FG can rubbish any governor. You get my drift?
Re: Stop Weeping, Arm Benue People To Defend Themselves, Sagay Tells Ortom by eodavids(m): 6:56pm On Jan 14, 2018
OoshaRe:

Agreed, In a 'sane democracy' The governor should wield absolute power in a state but this is Nigeria where the FG can rubbish any governor. You get my drift?

Yeah!

This negative peculiarity of Nigeria is what has been keeping us from progressing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria To Sell Ajaokuta Steel Company After Spending $80bn On A Moribund Steel / Ex-Governors, Senators, Ministers, Military Officers Own 130 Dubai Assets / Abdullahi Adamu Resigns From Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.