Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,564 members, 7,823,484 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Vengeance - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Vengeance (466 Views)

LOST IN UNIPORT (a Story Of Vengeance, Crime And Betrayal) ft chimexplosive / The Last Wolf Series - Broken Vengeance / Secret Of The Creed(story About Adventure,betrayal And Vengeance) By Zhuxu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Vengeance by Peaceyyy: 3:20pm On Jan 10, 2018
I went to the kitchen, warm the leftover food for my siblings. I refused to eat because I lost my appetite due to Papa's death. I peeped inside the Obi, I discovered that my uncles left already. Papa burial has been discussed its going to be on the third Saturday in the month of April.
Days after Papa's death friends and relatives came to pay condolence visits they brought things for us like; Garri, bunch of plantain, smokes fish, provisions and many more. We ate whatever we liked during that period. It was totally a blessing in disguise.

Six months has passed since Papa's death, the October rains which were the last rains were just falling. People no longer brought condolence items for us again. We had to struggle to find our feet, life was not really smiling at us, our properties were seized by Uncle Tochukwu which was now the Elder brother, he claims he wants to keep it for me and releases it when I get older.
Mama was very young she was in her early thirties and she comes from a very poor family. The only thing left for us was the house we lived in. we have began our normal lives. Mama was a petty trader she sells at the market but the income couldn't make ends meet. We barely feed talk the less of to pay school fees. I and my siblings left school to help Mama hawk some wares while she sells at the main market. At least we could feed twice a day when we started this routine.
Mama was now regaining her strength I think she decided to be strong for us because, there's lonely days ahead.

It was a bright harmattan morning of December 1998. I just woke up, Somto and Nmachi had already woken up since 6:00am to pick "udara" from the neighbouring compound with their friends. I grabbed my bucket, off to the stream I went. On my way, I saw my friends Chigozie and Ebube going to the stream also. We talked about the masquerade that would be coming out this Christmas and how we would participate fully watching the masquerades and the kind of clothes we would put on the Christmas day.
The Christmas was soon approaching friends and relatives from the city came back home to spend the holidays. Dancing competition was set by the "big brothers" (guys between 23-30 yes) who came from the city for children. You need to see the children dancing their butt off for the Price of #5. Foods were cooked and shared and there were different occasions. people like us ( especially me) prayed this season never comes to and end because I had not to worry about food, I suddenly forgot how hunger felt and I wished the season never ends.

Interesting shey?? grin pls like and share.

(1) (Reply)

Hustle Episode 1 / Here's One Of My Articles On Responsibility For Bachelors / OSINACHI. The Return Of What Is Not Love. Interesting Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.