Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,232 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Tecno Camon CM vs Tecno Camon CX - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Camon CM vs Tecno Camon CX (4089 Views)

Tecno Camon X Vs Tecno Camon CX : Comparison / Tecno Mobile Launches Full Display Screen Smartphone, ‘CAMON CM’ / Battle Of The Cameras: Xiaomi's Note 4 Vs Tecno's Camon CX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno Camon CM vs Tecno Camon CX by Josh1920: 10:32am On Jan 11, 2018
The camon series has been known to feature the second best cameras Tecno produces. I said second because, despite the fact that Tecno advertises camon smartphones as their camera flagships, the phantom series are known to feature better cameras.

Last year Tecno hit the market with the Camon CX with a lot of bells and whistles about the cameras it featured. If you ask me, I would say the camon CX was a huge success.

Tecno is back again the year with the camon CM, CM for C-more learn more...

Re: Tecno Camon CM vs Tecno Camon CX by Josh1920: 10:33am On Jan 11, 2018
Without wasting much time, let’s get into the comparison;

Like all our camparisons, we are going to begin with the design and build of both phones

Camon CM:

The camon CM has an all metal build, a 2.5D curved glass up front and visible antenna bands. The camon CM continues the smooth back and round edges it’s predecessor the camon CX has.
The camon CM is about 7.75 mm thick.
Button placement as well as the port placement are similar to that of the camon CX.
The fingerprint reader is located at the back just below the camera on the right side.

Camon CX:

The camon CX has an all metal build with visible antennas and a 2.5D curved glass up front. it features round edges.
Tecno said on paper that the camon CX has an aluminum build, but it’s actually plastic.
The camon CX is about 5.6mm thick.
The camon CX has a smooth mettalic back on which it’s fingerprint reader is located.

Verdict:

Winner: Its a Tie read more..
Re: Tecno Camon CM vs Tecno Camon CX by Josh1920: 10:37am On Jan 11, 2018
Display

Camon CM:

The camon CM features a 5.7 inch IPS HD plus display with a screen resolution of 1440x720 an aspect ratio of 18:9.

Camon CX:

The camon CX features 5.5 inch IPS FHD display with a screen resolution of 1080x1920

Verdict: as expected , the camon CM wins this category. Tecno made a lot of effort in it’s display to make it a little bit more modern and fit into the status quo.

learn more
Re: Tecno Camon CM vs Tecno Camon CX by OHIsIManuEL(m): 10:46am On Jan 11, 2018
Josh1920:
Display

Camon CM:

The camon CM features a 5.7 inch IPS HD display with an aspect ratio of 18:9.

Camon CX:

The camon CX features 5.5 inch IPS HD display.

Verdict: as expected , the camon CM wins this category. Tecno made a lot of effort in it’s display to make it a little bit more modern and fit into the status quo.

learn more
cx has FHD bros

1 Like

Re: Tecno Camon CM vs Tecno Camon CX by Josh1920: 11:49am On Jan 11, 2018
Why exactly is Tecno going back on the specs of the camon smartphone? That's a question I guess you will be asking your self right now.

The truth is that manufacturing below mid range smartphones in this erra of immense innovations. Tecno is trying to keep their specs on the average, in order for people they intend selling their smartphones to, to be able to afford it.

Africa is their main business target. We have lot of third world countries in Africa which cannot afford high end devices. So Tecno chooses to learn more
Re: Tecno Camon CM vs Tecno Camon CX by HeyCorleone(m): 11:58am On Jan 11, 2018
Josh1920:
Display

Camon CM:

The camon CM features a 5.7 inch IPS HD display with an aspect ratio of 18:9.

Camon CX:

The camon CX features 5.5 inch IPS HD display.

learn more

So you're saying Camon CM's HD screen, albeit full view, is way better than, CX's FHD?
Re: Tecno Camon CM vs Tecno Camon CX by Josh1920: 12:13pm On Jan 11, 2018
HeyCorleone:

So you're saying Camon CM's HD screen, albeit full view, is way better than, CX's FHD?

FHD or HD... na naija we dey, they are the same.... I have have don a comparison of the CX with my casted hot 5, I couldn't tell the difference. The 18:9 aspect ratio of the camon CM gives it an advantage over the camon CX. Feel free to have your own opinion.
Re: Tecno Camon CM vs Tecno Camon CX by HeyCorleone(m): 12:14pm On Jan 11, 2018
Josh1920:

FHD or HD... na naija we dey, they are the same.... I have have don a comparison of the CX with my casted hot 5, I couldn't tell the difference. The 18:9 aspect ratio of the camon CM gives it an advantage over the camon CX. Feel free to have your own opinion.

I have no opinion. I just want to know.

Do tell me more about the Canon CM.
Re: Tecno Camon CM vs Tecno Camon CX by mhisbliss(f): 12:33pm On Jan 11, 2018
that's all? Won't you compare other important features like 4g bands camera processor and battery?
Re: Tecno Camon CM vs Tecno Camon CX by Josh1920: 12:45pm On Jan 11, 2018
Camera

Camon CX

The camon CM features a 16mp rear facing camera with autofocus, Sony's exmor sensor.
It also features a 16mp front facing shooter with dual flash.

Camon CM:

The camon CM features a 13mp rear facing camera with autofocus, quad flash.
It also features a 13mp front facing camera with flash.

Verdict: ok you may say numbers are not a big deal when it comes to cameras owing to the fact that camera sensor and software are more important. Well the camon CX wins in all ramifications when it comes to the camera specs on paper learn more...
Re: Tecno Camon CM vs Tecno Camon CX by samsard(m): 4:34pm On Jan 11, 2018
Josh1920:
Display

Camon CM:

The camon CM features a 5.7 inch IPS HD plus display with a screen resolution of 1440x720 an aspect ratio of 18:9.

Camon CX:

The camon CX features 5.5 inch IPS FHD display with a screen resolution of 1080x1920

learn more
How does a HD + display beat a FHD display?
Re: Tecno Camon CM vs Tecno Camon CX by Newsprex(m): 8:52pm On Jan 11, 2018
See the comparison, differences and full specs comparison of Tecno Camon CM and Tecno Camon CX via https://prexblog.com/tecno-camon-cm-vs-tecno-camon-cx-comparison-specs-and-price/

Re: Tecno Camon CM vs Tecno Camon CX by olayinkajnr(m): 8:06am On Jan 12, 2018
samsard:
How does a HD + display beat a FHD display?

Leave the OP make he dey fool himself. Praising mediocrity.

This is a complete rip off. Not in any way whatsoever better or up to CX.
Re: Tecno Camon CM vs Tecno Camon CX by sureinfo: 6:31pm On Jan 12, 2018
I see no reason for comparison, the both phones have superb cameras, it's the camon after all
Josh1920:
The camon series has been known to feature the second best cameras Tecno produces. I said second because, despite the fact that Tecno advertises camon smartphones as their camera flagships, the phantom series are known to feature better cameras.

Last year Tecno hit the market with the Camon CX with a lot of bells and whistles about the cameras it featured. If you ask me, I would say the camon CX was a huge success.

Tecno is back again the year with the camon CM, CM for C-more learn more...

(1) (Reply)

Zoto Has Shut Down Operations In Nigeria / Airtel Cancels 200 Naira For 1.5gb Night Plan. / Help! My Playstore Is Saying Insufficient Space.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.