Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

Alibaba Reacts To Davido's Claim That He Made ₦500m From His Last Concert - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Alibaba Reacts To Davido's Claim That He Made ₦500m From His Last Concert (63906 Views)

Wizkid Talks About His ‘last Concert Ever In Lagos’, Promises Free Shows / COVID-19: Kate Henshaw Reacts To Claim That Celebrities Are Paid / Olakunle Churchill Reacts To Tonto Dikeh's Claim That He Was Married To Another (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alibaba Reacts To Davido's Claim That He Made ₦500m From His Last Concert by wildchild02: 1:10pm On Jan 11, 2018
KushyKush:
I spent years in school learning how to balance an account.

Learning how to become chartered. Here i am earning less then 200k in a month

Then some guy will just sing "Shukura kilo ko so oh... Shuku shaker Aya shoe maker" and he earns 5 years of my life in a month?

I will curse my pastor if he asks me to join the choir one more time. Abeg who get Mastercraft number? angry

Did you say 5 years? Actually most people who worked 35 years might never make 1/4 of that money grin

3 Likes

Re: Alibaba Reacts To Davido's Claim That He Made ₦500m From His Last Concert by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jan 11, 2018
Chai, was so moved to the extent that I'm now consulting the inner me that i can do better than davido and wizkid...

No wonder dem dey claim to pop champagne with #250m.
Re: Alibaba Reacts To Davido's Claim That He Made ₦500m From His Last Concert by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:11pm On Jan 11, 2018
Show business will always command the most figures naa....

It is all about popularity status. Once you are seen as a brand , many wanna be associated with you even the big companies. Endorsements deals, sponsorship deals and more start flowing your way.

This is seen mainly in the sports and entertainment sectors. If you find any learned professional richer than his colleagues it could be that he has other sources of income too or he has done something in his field to gain the kind of popularity that comes close to sports stars or musicians. It is all show biz.

This is why in any field one is, strive to become a brand. And that comes by being the best at what you do and being even more innovative and creative. Ben Carson was a brand in Medicine. Gani was a brand in law. These are just two examples.

3 Likes

Re: Alibaba Reacts To Davido's Claim That He Made ₦500m From His Last Concert by sirusX(m): 1:11pm On Jan 11, 2018
spiritedtete:
[center][/center]

That Blackface guy just wan force himself to blow... Time don pass ooo... He is not even an upcoming artist like ice prince,

For Idris... Abeg that one don miss road tete... He suppose go contest for Nurtw general secretary ... Isheri idimu or ogba ikeja branch
Guy you wicked ooo
Re: Alibaba Reacts To Davido's Claim That He Made ₦500m From His Last Concert by whiteprince(m): 1:12pm On Jan 11, 2018
tammyboy1:
too long,summarize abeg
u lazy
Re: Alibaba Reacts To Davido's Claim That He Made ₦500m From His Last Concert by alt3r3g0: 1:13pm On Jan 11, 2018
KushyKush:

Then some guy will just sing "Shukura kilo ko so oh... Shuku shaker Aya shoe maker" and he earns 5 years of my life in a month ?

I will curse my pastor if he asks me to join the choir one more time. Abeg who get Mastercraft number? angry

You make 100m per annum? Y u complaining grin

2 Likes

Re: Alibaba Reacts To Davido's Claim That He Made ₦500m From His Last Concert by Quality20(m): 1:14pm On Jan 11, 2018
ok. my prob with all ds artists is that they derail ladies from concentrating on their husbands,, work, studies etc. imagine seeing d likes of religious ladies on facebook as Davido, Shina Peters etc,
Re: Alibaba Reacts To Davido's Claim That He Made ₦500m From His Last Concert by whiteprince(m): 1:16pm On Jan 11, 2018
Threebear:

Bro, if you believe that, you'll believe anything.
oga thomas that's the profit

1 Like

Re: Alibaba Reacts To Davido's Claim That He Made ₦500m From His Last Concert by anochuko01(m): 1:16pm On Jan 11, 2018
alt3r3g0:

You make 100m per annum? Y u complaining grin
grin salt upon injury ;d
Re: Alibaba Reacts To Davido's Claim That He Made ₦500m From His Last Concert by Omoluabi16(m): 1:17pm On Jan 11, 2018
Neymar, cr7, mayweather..these guys are made for life. Entertainment is money spinning.
Re: Alibaba Reacts To Davido's Claim That He Made ₦500m From His Last Concert by TRed: 1:17pm On Jan 11, 2018
KushyKush:

Then some guy will just sing "Shukura kilo ko so oh... Shuku shaker Aya shoe maker" and he earns 5 years of my life in a month?

5yrs? don't be shy bro, the guy made 208.33years of your life in one night grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Alibaba Reacts To Davido's Claim That He Made ₦500m From His Last Concert by Airforce1(m): 1:17pm On Jan 11, 2018
crazymommy:
exactly.....add airforce1 too.... grin grin

You're just a crazy mommy

Everything about you reeks of craziness

Infact , You're crazy.

3 Likes

Re: Alibaba Reacts To Davido's Claim That He Made ₦500m From His Last Concert by eezeribe(m): 1:21pm On Jan 11, 2018
Threebear:
He might have made 500 In a night but don't even think he will be going home with half of that sum. There are so many people to pay off, the hotel, the investors, the crews ,the back stage hands, the technicians etc.... So it is very possible to earn such in a night, but Davido would probably not go home with even 40 percent of that money.
There is money in entertainment but nothing beats entrepreneurship, reason the richest people in the world (even Nigeria) are not singers or actors but inventors and business men.
You are blessed...
Re: Alibaba Reacts To Davido's Claim That He Made ₦500m From His Last Concert by Elnino4ladies: 1:25pm On Jan 11, 2018
Airforce1:

Infact , You're crazy.

Someone is pained LMAO
Re: Alibaba Reacts To Davido's Claim That He Made ₦500m From His Last Concert by crazymommy(f): 1:27pm On Jan 11, 2018
Airforce1:

Infact , You're crazy.
grin grin grin grin e pain am
Re: Alibaba Reacts To Davido's Claim That He Made ₦500m From His Last Concert by Marvis4real(f): 1:28pm On Jan 11, 2018
not all the entertainers are making millions.
Re: Alibaba Reacts To Davido's Claim That He Made ₦500m From His Last Concert by kevoh(m): 1:29pm On Jan 11, 2018
Hold up! angry You think if Davido actually earned just N1 million naira as against N500 million that Alibaba will say entertainers earn N1 million? undecided It's called hyping yourself and your colleagues without selling yourself short. Something all other professions should learn to do. How else will Alibaba charge you for N16 million as MC for a show if he sells himself short for N1 million naira?.

7 Likes

Re: Alibaba Reacts To Davido's Claim That He Made ₦500m From His Last Concert by anochuko01(m): 1:29pm On Jan 11, 2018
Marvis4real:
not all the entertainers are making millions.
you mean upcoming artists right?
Re: Alibaba Reacts To Davido's Claim That He Made ₦500m From His Last Concert by Veetee(m): 1:31pm On Jan 11, 2018
Do whatever your hands finds to do and do it with passion, everyone must not be an entertainer, these figures can be inflated,so many things go on in the entertainment industry dont be carried away, its the reason youths of nigeria are very lazy and dont want to get proper education, its either music or betting, there are a lot of struggling so called artiste , youths who are even skilled in some other works are now distracted by the entertainment industry, there is money in every field of endeavour, not just entertainment. so many people are making it big but there arent loud about it. if music is your passion and u have the talent then fine, but i still maintain, our youths should get good education at least to a tertiary level otherwise learn a good skill..

1 Like

Re: Alibaba Reacts To Davido's Claim That He Made ₦500m From His Last Concert by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 11, 2018
KushyKush:

The number does not exist Na. Don't play with my feelings oh angry
you need Don Wanny number? I get am,his also a hit maker. Listen to #omoku25th he produced that. Hit
Re: Alibaba Reacts To Davido's Claim That He Made ₦500m From His Last Concert by BenzEne1(m): 1:37pm On Jan 11, 2018
smith666999:
how will this stop herdsmen from killing innocent Nigerians.!?

It's not meant to stop herdsmen from killing innocent people..
Davido or the folks in showbiz aren't security officials...

4 Likes

Re: Alibaba Reacts To Davido's Claim That He Made ₦500m From His Last Concert by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 11, 2018
KushyKush:

Comment points.
10/10

Wereyboi
Re: Alibaba Reacts To Davido's Claim That He Made ₦500m From His Last Concert by tammyboy1(m): 1:38pm On Jan 11, 2018
whiteprince:
u lazy
f*ck yhu,lol...if it was how to make millions,i*ll read every single word,letter by letter...

1 Like

Re: Alibaba Reacts To Davido's Claim That He Made ₦500m From His Last Concert by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 11, 2018
sodiqapril:
he could have made 500m but the amount that went into His pocket might up be more than 100m. that's show biz for you, after settling the organizers, sponsors, dancers and others you'll be surprised at what's left for you that hosted the show. the show might no be his, another person may have secretly funded it using Davido as an headliner.
I like ur thought,we hav d same idea of it
Re: Alibaba Reacts To Davido's Claim That He Made ₦500m From His Last Concert by Coldplay007(f): 1:40pm On Jan 11, 2018
KushyKush:

Not 5 years.. you make 2.4M in a year... so 500m will be 208.33 years..

208 years and 4 months.. grin

4 Likes

Re: Alibaba Reacts To Davido's Claim That He Made ₦500m From His Last Concert by myself13: 1:41pm On Jan 11, 2018
How can Davido be making more money or richer than the business men/org. sponsoring and patronizing his shows? Any thing they tell people these days, they just swallow and believe without engaging their brain on the said information.Too bad, social media has made our youths too dumb to think for themselves.
Re: Alibaba Reacts To Davido's Claim That He Made ₦500m From His Last Concert by abbeyty(m): 1:43pm On Jan 11, 2018
Hope all these Nigerian artists dey pay tax ?
Re: Alibaba Reacts To Davido's Claim That He Made ₦500m From His Last Concert by iamrealdeji(m): 1:50pm On Jan 11, 2018
Threebear:
He might have made 500 In a night but don't even think he will be going home with half of that sum. There are so many people to pay off, the hotel, the investors, the crews ,the back stage hands, the technicians etc.... So it is very possible to earn such in a night, but Davido would probably not go home with even 40 percent of that money.
There is money in entertainment but nothing beats entrepreneurship, reason the richest people in the world (even Nigeria) are not singers or actors but inventors and business men.
bros you are actually more intelligent than Alibaba. he's just old. Business men are the richest people anywhere in the world,no matter how much entertainers try. Alibaba should have removed business men from that list. the most successful and richest musicians are Diddy,Jayz,Dr Dre,Bono,Madonna,and they are not worth up to 1billion dollars and we now have business men that are worth 100billion dollars. but a smart businessman should learn some lessons from what he said as well(invest in entertainment too)

2 Likes

Re: Alibaba Reacts To Davido's Claim That He Made ₦500m From His Last Concert by MrMcJay(m): 1:50pm On Jan 11, 2018
Coldplay007:

Not 5 years.. you make 2.4M in a year... so 500m will be 208.33 years..

208 years and 4 months.. grin

Please, don't make that boy kill himself.
Re: Alibaba Reacts To Davido's Claim That He Made ₦500m From His Last Concert by TomHagen: 1:50pm On Jan 11, 2018
Threebear:
Na only you get sense here.

Alibaba don fall my hand.
Re: Alibaba Reacts To Davido's Claim That He Made ₦500m From His Last Concert by snipernigga(m): 1:51pm On Jan 11, 2018
Nairalanders I need your prayers seriously, I am loosing my eyesight o. Before I used to See little, but since this year if I look inside my wallet I don't see anything again o. angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alibaba Reacts To Davido's Claim That He Made ₦500m From His Last Concert by Jackson042: 1:57pm On Jan 11, 2018
myself13:
How can Davido be making more money or richer than the business men/org. sponsoring and patronizing his shows? Any thing they tell people these days, they just swallow and believe without engaging their brain on the said information.Too bad, social media has made our youths too dumb to think for themselves.

Is Davido richer than Dangote? Yet Dangote sponsored him... That he's richer than a few business men doesn't mean he's richer than all...

And we all know that Davido spends money on his songs; buys good beats, buys/writes good lyrics & pays for a good video shoot...

Now, as a business man, when you spend good money on your product, people will patronize that product more...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Travel Beta Gives Efe Return Ticket To Brazil As Bisola Gets $1000 (Photos) / Police Confront Teni For Bragging Saying " I Fit Slap Police For Your Case" / Adekunle Gold Poses With "Nicky Minaj" (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.