Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Dr Aroms Aigbehi Calls For Boycott Of Cow Meat. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr Aroms Aigbehi Calls For Boycott Of Cow Meat. (15139 Views)

Kogi APC Crisis: Dead End As Melaye Supporters Announce Boycott Of Congress / "Boycott Of Melaye's Recall, An Indication That You’ve Lost Value" PDP To Bello / Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr Aroms Aigbehi Calls For Boycott Of Cow Meat. by GuidoVanRossum: 7:01pm On Jan 11, 2018
whirlwind7:

We can see those who will always give reasons why something worthwhile won't work. Will rather complain and moan, and can't even come up with a half assed idea of his own.
Are these lame excuses you made worth the life of any human being?

Don't think that way my brother. Before taking any action as a man, ask your self the effect of your action on the people around you. Instead of boycotting cow because we want to punish Fulanis, how about we hold our leaders responsible. We all pay tax. We then put them there to use our money to provide security for us. The logic that because some Fulanis are killing our brothers, then we should boycott their meat is similar to arguing that Ijaws have been blowing up pipes, so let's stop using their motor spirit (petrol). It might be convenient to you. (Just maybe your business doest involve transportation). But it may not be possible for others. Just as Petrol is a basic necessity, meat is a basic need and the cheapest source still remain beef. I'm not making excuses, I telling how not feasible it is to actually boycott beef. By the way, it's also not a solution to the problem.
Re: Dr Aroms Aigbehi Calls For Boycott Of Cow Meat. by eagleeye2: 7:04pm On Jan 11, 2018
Heheheheheh. I no dey boycott anything. The Southerners are their own enemies. Let us keep playing the Ostrich until all region tastes from this bitter Fulani government.
Re: Dr Aroms Aigbehi Calls For Boycott Of Cow Meat. by ssfather1819(m): 7:07pm On Jan 11, 2018
who told you Fulani dey sell his cow.
Re: Dr Aroms Aigbehi Calls For Boycott Of Cow Meat. by eagleeye2: 7:10pm On Jan 11, 2018
Deepsky:
Call it Nemesis, boomerang then you are right. Back then in the late 60's when they where used to commit genocide and termed it biafran war, none of them knew that a day like this shall come when the bushmeat will pursue the hunter.
Also one of the reasons I am not boycotting anything. If these killings were done in the Southeast, all the elites will be playing the ostrich. As if Southeast lives not matter.
Ndi Igbo rapu nu ndia k' fa nu ogu ha.
Re: Dr Aroms Aigbehi Calls For Boycott Of Cow Meat. by billyG(m): 7:28pm On Jan 11, 2018
we are all hypocrites,even fkk,fayose still eat kponmo,shakki,shawama.
Re: Dr Aroms Aigbehi Calls For Boycott Of Cow Meat. by oluwaahmed: 7:52pm On Jan 11, 2018
What he saying might be far fetched but it's d truth. We need to boycott beef. My old parents don't even eat red meat sef. can't u see how stupid we are down south? dey kill us and still sell d same beef to us. All Dis death simply bcoz southerners wanna eat beef. D boycott might work in d east but not in d west were Deir main food is red oil and beef
Re: Dr Aroms Aigbehi Calls For Boycott Of Cow Meat. by oluwaahmed: 8:01pm On Jan 11, 2018
GuidoVanRossum:

Don't think that way my brother. Before taking any action as a man, ask your self the effect of your action on the people around you. Instead of boycotting cow because we want to punish Fulanis, how about we hold our leaders responsible. We all pay tax. We then put them there to use our money to provide security for us. The logic that because some Fulanis are killing our brothers, then we should boycott their meat is similar to arguing that Ijaws have been blowing up pipes, so let's stop using their motor spirit (petrol). It might be convenient to you. (Just maybe your business doest involve transportation). But it may not be possible for others. Just as Petrol is a basic necessity, meat is a basic need and the cheapest source still remain beef. I'm not making excuses, I telling how not feasible it is to actually boycott beef. By the way, it's also not a solution to the problem.

Ur explanation of boycotting oil bcoz of Ijaw blowing up pipelines is totally dft. Do u know what happend when a journalist discovered dat hands & feet were being chopped off diamond miners in seirria Leone? Der was a huge out cry to the extent pple stopped wearing diamond jewelry bcoz dey were labelled "blood diamonds". Musicians sang about it, intact it was such a huge deal dat investigations were carried out and companies found culpable were sanctioned. If there were protests on the streets of Abuja Dis issue would be solved in no time. Do ur part #boycott beef, it won't kill u like others it has killed in benue
Re: Dr Aroms Aigbehi Calls For Boycott Of Cow Meat. by GuidoVanRossum: 8:47pm On Jan 11, 2018
oluwaahmed:

Ur explanation of boycotting oil bcoz of Ijaw blowing up pipelines is totally dft. Do u know what happend when a journalist discovered dat hands & feet were being chopped off diamond miners in seirria Leone? Der was a huge out cry to the extent pple stopped wearing diamond jewelry bcoz dey were labelled "blood diamonds". Musicians sang about it, intact it was such a huge deal dat investigations were carried out and companies found culpable were sanctioned. If there were protests on the streets of Abuja Dis issue would be solved in no time. Do ur part #boycott beef, it won't kill u like others it has killed in benue

You are still misunderstanding this Bro. Diamond isn't a basic necessity. Meat is. The masses don't wear diamond. But everybody eats. Diamond has other alternative both in class and kind. Beef don't have other alternative in price and availability. It's not a competition sir. I'm stating what I observed.
Re: Dr Aroms Aigbehi Calls For Boycott Of Cow Meat. by hatedisplace: 8:58pm On Jan 11, 2018
GuidoVanRossum:
The question is, what other kind of meat does the common man depends on. Cow meat is still the cheapest and the easiest meat to get around. Boycotting it will have economic effect on the fulani bourgeois and their entire clan. But it will also cause meat scarcity. Other available options will be in high demand such that it will be out of reach for the common man.

More so, it will create a kind of "us against them" mentality up north and if they decide to boycott our own products, the country will be in avoidable economic crisis which we won't all like.
which of our products can they afford to boycott? I don't see any
Re: Dr Aroms Aigbehi Calls For Boycott Of Cow Meat. by Okoroawusa: 9:10pm On Jan 11, 2018
Boycott ko
Girlcott ni

Small time una go say make we boycott...(u know now)
Re: Dr Aroms Aigbehi Calls For Boycott Of Cow Meat. by blacknp(m): 11:45pm On Jan 11, 2018
benuejosh:
What has the cow done to you.?
If you boycott Beef, for how long before people will go back to eatin it.
Please bring up something very realistic..
Herds man mentality,you want to have your suya and eat it to?
Re: Dr Aroms Aigbehi Calls For Boycott Of Cow Meat. by redsun(m): 1:51am On Jan 12, 2018
GuidoVanRossum:
The question is, what other kind of meat does the common man depends on. Cow meat is still the cheapest and the easiest meat to get around. Boycotting it will have economic effect on the fulani bourgeois and their entire clan. But it will also cause meat scarcity. Other available options will be in high demand such that it will be out of reach for the common man.

More so, it will create a kind of "us against them" mentality up north and if they decide to boycott our own products, the country will be in avoidable economic crisis which we won't all like.

You are way better off and healthier without beef,or even without meat. All those wasted vegetables in Nigeria are far better than beef. But if you must eat meat, chicken is the best,then followed by lean red meats like goats,sheep,rabbits or even farmed grass cutters
Re: Dr Aroms Aigbehi Calls For Boycott Of Cow Meat. by Litmus: 2:02am On Jan 12, 2018
Consider this, every chunk of meat in your agbono soap or jellof rice may have cost someone's life, settler and or even Fulani herders – because they too loose lives in these avoidable conflicts. The Nigeria and international authorities can do better. It is within their powers and abilities to solve this issue now and make it lasting. You can play your part too by abstaining from eating beef. Boycott all beef and if it turns out foreign beef suffers, all the better for they foreigners will be drawn to ascertaining why, thus adding to the overall pressure on government. Let them all here of it, beef sellers, importers and exporters.

Again there are Nigerians that claim president Buhari is compromised by his shared ethnicity with Fulani into dragging his feet. One Northern Governor even bragged that he warned Ortom against grazing law – imagine, he warned against one of the very compromise that could end these bloody skirmishes. This means that leadership is reluctant. If leadership is unwilling the people don't have to be helpless, which is why communities took up arms in the past and do so now. In the past only killing weapons such as spears, machetes and guns were available so people used those. Presently other means such as social media exist for fighting back and it would be short sighted and backward not to exploit this. It is understandable when today those immediate to the conflict resort to the age-old means to defend themselves or settle scores but concerned Nigerians elsewhere don't have to and nor should they encourage those people immediately involved to carry on in the same manner. Instead, Nigerians could help and should start a movement aimed at affecting a nationwide boycott of beef.
Re: Dr Aroms Aigbehi Calls For Boycott Of Cow Meat. by opribo(m): 6:53am On Jan 12, 2018
These people are not real Herdsmen they are a solidarity group trying to deal with anybody or group that opposes their master as their own way of contributing towards his safety.

More like a coded unconventional strike force.
Re: Dr Aroms Aigbehi Calls For Boycott Of Cow Meat. by whirlwind7(m): 9:26am On Jan 12, 2018
GuidoVanRossum:

There you go again.
You love theories, don't you?
You love the easy way out.

Tell me how most of the rural folks can hold their leaders responsible? In this Nigeria that you and I know, how easily can you get your leaders to do what the majority of the people want?
Tell me which is easier to do: abstain from eating cow meat, or trying to employ diplomacy in getting your lame and clueless leaders to take appropriate action?

Your comparing meat with petrol is off the mark, to put it lightly. You said that both are essential. Have you heard about vegetarians? Do they need meat? Moreover, there are other sources of meat apart from cow. There's poultry, there's goat, sheep, pork, even fish. There are wild games eaten as source of proteins, if you care to. Your argument is absolutely pointless. Don't get me started.
You talk like Nigerians will fall down and die if they abstain from beef for a few weeks. Since 1999, what have YOU done to hold your leader responsible?

If I go to Benue and tell the people to stop buying and eating beef for the next few months, they will understand what I'm driving at without a lengthy explanation. But, when I tell them to hold their leaders responsible.... undecided Am I talking about their ward counsellor, their LGA chairman or the state government, all of whom are totally helpless because every security agency is controlled by the federal government.
See, you are trying to toe the part of diplomacy and bureaucracy in a part of the world where such things don't work. Part of holding your leader responsible is what some folks in Benue did when they went on a peaceful protest about the killings. They were rewarded by bullets from the army and police over that basic civil process. We have been sounding like a broken record by saying "hold your leaders responsible". How far has that gotten us? Since it doesn't seem to be working, why not try a different approach?
Common sense dictates that when a certain approach doesn't seem to work, you should try something totally different. Keep living in denial o. Its your right too.

1 Like

Re: Dr Aroms Aigbehi Calls For Boycott Of Cow Meat. by Litmus: 10:01am On Jan 12, 2018
Like Blood Diamonds, cow meat in Nigeria has become metaphorically as well as literally bloody. I'd venture , if you buy beef in Nigeria or from Nigeria ,you're part of the problem,even share responsibility for some of the bloodshed.

.... dont buy Blood Beef!
Re: Dr Aroms Aigbehi Calls For Boycott Of Cow Meat. by dotun365: 11:38am On Jan 12, 2018
Very dumb post.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Gives Abaribe, Others Feb 28 To Account For Kanu’s Whereabouts / Disregard Ekpa's Order, There Will Be No Sit-At-Home During Elections - IPOB / Don’t Shift Elections Again, UN Tells Nigerian Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.