Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,698 members, 7,816,855 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! (14454 Views)

Rhapsody Of Realities PDF Download For MAY 2024 / Apostle Ogochukwu Tochukwu Amaukwu's 2018 Prophecies / Primate Elijah Ayodele's 2018 Prophecies: What Atiku Must Do Ahead Of 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 8:20am On Jul 20, 2018
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL (FREE JULY PDF => http:///2cuJG6M

BE THE “BLESSER” AND THE GIVER

Friday, July 20th, 2018

Pastor Chris

Don’t be obsessed with getting your own advantage. Forget yourselves long enough to lend a helping hand (Philippians 2:4 MSG).

Sometimes it’s easy to think, “Since no one cares about me, I won’t care about anyone!” Don’t be that way. Be the one to remember, care for,
and love others! Be the first to love. Be the blesser and the giver. The blessing you get from receiving is less, compared to that which you get from giving to others. Jesus said, “...It is more blessed to give than to receive” (Acts 20:35).

God’s promise isn’t to the one who receives but to the one who gives. So, rather than seek attention, for example, give it instead. Give love. Demonstrate love to everyone, including those who may have offended you, and to the ungodly that have no hope. That’s how God wants you to live.

Some people only know how to enjoy attention; they only crave love from others. That’s dangerous, because when they don’t get the love and attention they seek, they could become cruel and wicked. You’re the seed of Abraham, and the seed of Abraham reaches out; he’s a blesser; he hears the cry of the needy and responds.

You’re the answer the world is looking for; you’re the one to meet other people’s needs. You may not think so about yourself, but it’s the truth. Genesis 26:4, referring to you, the real spiritual seed of Abraham, says, “...in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed.” Galatians 3:29 says, “And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.”

You’re blessed in blessing others. Your greatness is in making others great. That’s where real joy is. It’s a higher way to live when you learn to look away from yourself and become concerned about the needs of others and be the blesser and the giver.

PRAYER
Dear heavenly Father, thank you for granting me the grace, wisdom, and strength to raise and build others, helping them discover their greatness, and limitless potentials in life. Through me, your blessings flow so bountifully to others, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Genesis 12:2;
And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:

Luke 6:27-32
27. But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, 28. Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
29. And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat also. 30. Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.
31. And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise. 32. For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan
Acts 26:19-32 & Psalms 19-20

2-Year Bible Reading Plan
Galatians 6:1-9 & Isaiah 40

Leave comments on today's devotional www.rhapsodyofrealities.org
Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 6:32am On Jul 21, 2018

WHEN YOU BELIEVE, YOU RECEIVE

Saturday, July 21st, 2018

Pastor Chris

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen (Hebrews 11:1).

To believe is to act your faith; believing is the action of faith. Faith itself is the response of the human spirit to the Word of God, and that response is evidence. When you act your faith (believe), you receive and it’s endorsed; you no longer require further evidence.

It’s like the judgment that’s given in a court of law on the basis of evidence produced. Once the judgment is passed, you don’t have to come again with further evidence; the evidence has been accepted and that’s why the judgment was made. Likewise, when you believe, you’ve judged whatever it is that you’ve believed to be true, and as a result, something happens: you receive! We don’t believe for nothing; the believer is a “haver.”

For example, the Bible says, “He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life...” (John 3:36). When you believed in Jesus Christ, you received eternal life: “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life” (John 6:47). That’s why John said, “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life...” (1 John 5:13).

Eternal life isn’t a hope in the Sweet By-and-By; something you’re waiting on God to make happen for you; no! You got it when you believed; it’s your present-hour possession. Let’s examine Mark 11:24 in the same light; it says, “Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.” It’s not when you hold what you desire in your hands or see it with your physical eyes that you know you have it; your spirit took possession at the time you prayed in faith and believed that you got it. Hallelujah!

PRAYER
ear heavenly Father, I thank you for imparting faith into my spirit. I’m a possessor of eternal life. That life in me destroys, paralyses, and renders ineffective the works of the devil in my life, family, finances and business. The divine life of God flows through my being. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY:
John 17:1-3;
1. These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
2. As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
3. And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

1 John 5:11-12
11. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Acts 27:1-26 & Psalms 21-22

Galatians 6:10-18 & Isaiah 41

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 7:13am On Jul 22, 2018
*RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL*

*YOUR NEW LIFE STARTED WITH THE RESURRECTION*

Sunday, 22th July

*Pastor Chris*

*Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new (2 Corinthians 5:17).*

The new creation didn’t come from the cross, *but from the resurrection of Jesus Christ;* we’re the fruits of His resurrection. When Jesus died, you died with Him. When He was buried, you were buried with Him. When He resurrected, you also arose with Him as a new man, a new species.

Romans 6:4 says, “Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.” Your new life started with the resurrection of Jesus Christ. The old life has been supplanted by this new life, the divine life.

*Understand that there’s no connection between the new creation and your past.* In fact, the so-called past doesn’t exist. 2 Corinthians 5:17 says, “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” Quit judging or appraising yourself on the basis of your past. Your past was nailed to the cross.

In Romans 7:6, the Apostle Paul, stressing our disconnection from the past and old nature, admonished that we serve God in the newness of spirit: “But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.” He also said in Colossians 3:10, “…put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him.”

Today, what counts with God is that you’re born again and are a new creature in Christ Jesus (Galatians 6:15). You’re now in His class of being; an associate of the God-kind; a partaker of the divine nature (2 Peter 1:4). You’ve been made alive in Christ. All these are as a result of the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Hallelujah!

*PRAYER*

*Blessed be God! I have the incorruptible life of Christ in my spirit. I’m an associate of the God-kind, reigning in life by grace through righteousness. I walk in the reality of the new life of righteousness, which I’ve received in Christ. I’m more than a conqueror; I live in dominion over Satan and the world! Hallelujah!*

FURTHER STUDY: Isaiah 43:18 - 19 “Do not remember the former things, Nor consider the things of old. 19 Behold, I will do a new thing, Now it shall spring forth; Shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness And rivers in the desert.

James 1:18 Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures.

Luke 20:35 But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage;

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan Acts 27:27-44 & Psalms 23-25

2-Year Bible Reading Plan Ephesians 1:1-14 & Isaiah 42

EXTRACT FROM: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional

Good morning �
Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 6:35am On Jul 23, 2018
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL

JESUS MADE REMISSION OF SINS POSSIBLE

Monday, July 23rd, 2018

Pastor Chris

Be it known unto you therefore, brethren, that through this man is proclaimed unto you remission of sins: and by him every one that believeth is justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses
(Acts 13:38-39 ASV).

Before Jesus came, there were sacrifices and offerings for the atonement of sins in the Old Testament. The Jews always had to offer sacrifices year
after year for sins. These involved the killing of animals; several bulls and goats, but the Bible says in Hebrews 10:4, “For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.”

The blood of bulls and goats couldn’t provide remission, but when Jesus came, with one sacrifice, He perfected forever all those who are called in Him. He offered Himself once, not for the forgiveness of our sins, but for the total blotting away or remission of sins. (Hebrews 9:14). He made remission of sins possible.

Too many around the world aren’t aware that their sins have been remitted. He didn’t do it for Christians; He did it for the whole world (John 3:16). There’re those today who ignorantly put themselves through some harsh penance; they punish themselves for their sins, thinking if they suffered enough, God would be sympathetic towards them and overlook their sins. But it doesn’t work that way.

Bible says, “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast” (Ephesians 2:8-9). It’s not by your efforts. So, it doesn’t matter how many times you buffet yourself for your sins; it makes no difference how long and hard you suffer and go through self-inflicted penance; your sins can’t, and won’t be remitted that way. What was required was sinless blood, the blood of Jesus Christ. He alone was qualified to offer Himself for the remission of our sins.

Acts 10:43 says, “To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.” If you’re born again, happy are you, because you have remission of sins; total obliteration and removal of sins—past, present, and future. His blood is that powerful; it speaks better things (Hebrews 12:24); it speaks of eternal redemption and eternal inheritance (Hebrews 9:11-14). Hallelujah!

CONFESSION
Dear Father, I thank you for the gift of your Son, Jesus, whom you sent for the remission of the sins of the world. I walk in the finished works of Christ, and the glory that His death, burial, and resurrection wrought for me. I’m forever righteous, holy, blameless and unreproveable in your sight. What a blessing!

FURTHER STUDY:
Hebrews 10:4-7;
4. For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.
5. Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:
6. In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
7. Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

Hebrews 9:13-15
13. For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
14. How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
15. And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Acts 28:1-16 & Psalms 26-29

Ephesians 1:15-23 & Isaiah 43

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 8:11am On Jul 24, 2018

THE VICTORY MENTALITY

Tuesday, July 24th, 2018

Pastor Chris

But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 15:57).

Anything is possible! This should be your mentality. Never think defeat, failure or weakness. Cultivate the winning mentality; the
mentality that believes and affirms, “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me” (Philippians 4:13). That’s the victor’s mentality, and you develop it through the Word.

It doesn’t matter what your life has been like or the experiences you’ve had; one thing is certain: you’re a victor in Christ Jesus! Irrespective of the affliction, tribulation, distress, persecution, famine, destitution, perils, wars etc., that may be ravaging today’s world, you’re more than a conqueror: “Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us” (Romans 8:37).

Trust the Lord and hold on to His Word. When you go through challenges, don’t complain! The Lord knew there’d be challenges, but He gave us the assurance that we’ll be triumphant always: “Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place” (2 Corinthians 2:14).

Your victory is a settled fact. 2 Corinthians 4:17 says, “For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory”; this is a present-hour truth. Nothing is, and can ever be to your disadvantage. Romans 8:28 declares, “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” Have this consciousness!

CONFESSION
I’m triumphant forever, because I’m born of God; greater is He that’s in me than he that’s in the world. My life is for the glory of God. I win every day; that’s my heritage in the Lord! I’m strong in Him, and in the power of His might to do exploits! Blessed be God!

FURTHER STUDY:
John 16:33;
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

1 John 4:4;
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Romans 8:35-39
35. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword? 36. As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39. Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Acts 28:17-31 & Psalms 30-31

Ephesians 2:1-10 & Isaiah 44

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 9:06am On Jul 25, 2018
*RHAPSODY OF REALITIES BY PASTOR CHRIS*

*NO ORDINARY LIFE*

*Wednesday, July 25th 2018*

_*And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life (1 John 5:11-12).*_

Eternal life is the nature of God, and the Bible says this life is in Christ Jesus. This is the life Jesus referred to when He said, _*“For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself”*_ (John 5:26). Jesus had that life, which He received from the Father. It’s translated “eternal life” in English because of the limitation of the English language; this is the “God-life” or “the God-kind of life.”

There’s the animal life; there’s the plant life; there’s the human life, and then there’s the God-life: the life of Deity. Anyone who has the Son of God, has this life, and anyone who doesn’t have the Son of God doesn’t have eternal life. That’s what we read in our opening scripture.

It doesn’t matter that someone is your sibling, your father, mother, friend, co-worker or classmate; if they don’t have the Son of God, they don’t have eternal life, and that’s serious trouble. It means they’re subject to the darkness and depravities of this world; they’re under the dominion of spiritual death. It’s the reason we preach, and it’s the reason you must do everything possible to ensure your loved ones receive eternal life which is in Christ Jesus.

The Bible says, _*“…the gift of God is eternal life...”*_ (Romans 6:23); that gift is only available in Jesus Christ. He came that we may have life to the full (John 10:10 AMP). The vibrant, glorious, transcendent life of God in its fullness is what Jesus brought; it’s no ordinary life; and if you believe in Him, that’s what you’ve received into your spirit. You don’t have to “feel” it in your body first to be conscious that you have eternal life; it’s in your spirit.

Your consciousness of your divine nature and origin is so important. Recall the words of the Apostle John: _*“These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life”*_ (1 John 5:13).

*CONFESSION*

*I’m indestructible. Greater is He that’s in me than he that’s in the world. The life in me is incorruptible and indestructible, making me invincible. My life is for the glory of God; I’m walking in preordained pathways, fulfilling God’s purpose for my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.*

*FURTHER STUDY:* *||*

*2 Peter 1:3-4* *According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that [pertain] unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: 4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.*||*

*||* *1 John 5:11-12* *And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He that hath the Son hath life; [and] he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.*

*DAILY SCRIPTURE READING*

*1-Year Bible Reading Plan=>* Romans 1:1-17 & Psalms 32-34

*2-Year Bible Reading Plan=>* Ephesians 2:11-22 & Isaiah 45.
Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 7:33am On Jul 26, 2018

THE IMPORTANCE OF CHRIST’S SUFFERING

Thursday, July 26th, 2018

Pastor Chris

Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow
(1 Peter 1:10-11).

Luke 24:46-47 says, “...Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.” The crucifixion of Christ was necessary for the salvation of man; salvation couldn’t have been accomplished otherwise. Our opening scripture talks about the glory that follows the sufferings of Christ. Part of that glory is the salvation of man.

Salvation is an all-encompassing word that encapsulates all that God wrought for us in Christ: life, health, wealth, prosperity, abundance, etc. He suffered for your sake. He was your substitute on the cross. He took your place that you might take His place. Your place was that of sin and death; His place was that of life and righteousness.

The Bible says, “But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed” (Isaiah 53:5). He was made sin for us, who knew no sin that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him (2 Corinthians 5:21). Jesus didn’t just save you from sin; He gave you His life and nature.

When you come to the realization of the importance of the sacrifice of Christ, then you’ll appreciate His vicarious death and appropriate the benefits of salvation in your life. Today, sin and its effects and consequences have no dominion over you. You’re free to serve the Lord and live for Him. You’re now accepted in the presence of God, all because of Jesus.

Man became separated from the glory-life due to Adam’s transgression, but as a result of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ, the glory has been restored. You were brought into that life of glory the moment you were born again.

CONFESSION
I manifest the glory and righteousness of God, because I have His life and nature in my spirit. Jesus suffered in my place; therefore, I live in the ensuing glory and beauty of His vicarious sacrifice. My life is upward and forward, and my light shines ever more brightly, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Isaiah 53:1-5;
1. Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed?
2. For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
3. He is despised and rejected of men;
a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him;
he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
4. Surely he hath borne our griefs,
and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
5. But he was wounded for our transgressions,
he was bruised for our iniquities:
the chastisement of our peace was upon him;
and with his stripes we are healed.

2 Corinthians 8:9;
For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.

1 Peter 2:21-24
21. For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
22. Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
23. Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:
24. Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Romans 1:18-32 & Psalms 35-37

Ephesians 3:1-12 & Isaiah 46

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 6:41am On Jul 27, 2018

HE OPENS YOUR UNDERSTANDING

Friday, July 27th, 2018

Pastor Chris

Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures (Luke 24:45).

The Bible says in John 20:21-22, “Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you. And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost.” This was the same account that Luke reported in our opening verse, but he wasn’t an eyewitness when Jesus ministered to the disciples. John was an eyewitness and he tells us in actuality what happened.

So, how exactly did Jesus open the understanding of His disciples? We’re not told anything happened to them outwardly when “...he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost” (John 20:22). So, how did Luke know that the breathing on them by Jesus was what opened their understanding?

Job 32:8 (ASV) says, “But there is a spirit in man, And the breath of the Almighty giveth them understanding.” The King James translation of the same verse says, “But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.” The word translated, “inspiration” means “breath”; the breath of the Almighty gives understanding.

When Luke was told that Jesus breathed on the disciples and they understood the Scriptures, he knew exactly where the understanding came from. Jesus Christ, on that occasion, demonstrated His divine ability to impart understanding, just as He’s able to impart knowledge. Remember, He’s the embodiment of all wisdom and knowledge: “In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge” (Colossians 2:3).

Perhaps, you require insight into certain mysteries and secrets—secrets about your work, your academics or anything in particular—you can trust Him. Hallelujah!

CONFESSION
I know what to do at all times, because I’m influenced and controlled by the Holy Spirit and the Word of God. I’m sensitive to the leading of the Spirit and apt to put the Word to work. I have insight into mysteries and secrets; I’m filled with the knowledge of God’s will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding. Glory to God!

FURTHER STUDY:
Psalm 16:7;
I will bless the Lord, who hath given me counsel:
my reins also instruct me in the night seasons.

Ephesians 1:17-18;
17. That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
18. The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

Colossians 1:9-10
9. For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; 10. That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Romans 2 & Psalms 38-41

Ephesians 3:13-21 & Isaiah 47

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 8:03am On Jul 28, 2018

REDEMPTION AND REMISSION

Saturday, July 28th, 2018

Pastor Chris

In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace (Ephesians 1:7).

“Redemption” in the verse above, is the Greek word, “apolutrosis” and it means riddance. In Christ, we have our riddance. He rids or plucks you out of trouble, and rids your life of anything that’s wrong. So, you can say, “I have my riddance in Christ, no matter what!” That’s redemption. It doesn’t matter what mess you may think you’re in, you can trust Him to get you out. In Christ Jesus, we also have remission of sins. The King James translation uses the word “Forgiveness” of sins, but the Greek word is “aphesis” and it means remission; the total removal or blotting away of sins. God did much more than forgive us; He blotted out our sins. There’s no trace or record of your sins; it’s as though you never sinned.
That’s why it’s wrong for a Christian to keep a consciousness of sin. Some are forever praying and asking God for forgiveness, because they’re always overwhelmed by the burden of sin-consciousness. The truth is that the Bible never tells us to ask God for forgiveness. God never made provision for your “forgiveness.” This might upend some people’s theology, but it’s a present truth.

To forgive means to pardon, in which case the record of wrong remains, though you’ll not be punished. But that’s not the case with God and us. The actual Greek rendering is “to take away completely, to put away, blot out, separate from.” You might want to ask, “How about 1 John 1:9 that says, “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness?”

What that simply means is that if we acknowledge (confess) our sins, God is faithful and just to put them away, and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. There’s an automatic cleansing going on. That’s what it says in the seventh verse: “But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Sonn cleanseth us from all sin” (1 John 1:7).

God wants you to walk free of guilt or condemnation! He wants you to walk in the light of your riddance, your righteousness, your justification, your holiness, and your sanctification in Christ Jesus, not snowed-under by guilt or sin-consciousness.

PRAYER
Thank you dear Father for this glorious truth in your Word! Christ is my riddance; He rids me of trouble, and of anything that’s inconsistent with the provisions of the Gospel. I walk victorious, conscious of my right-standing with you, and my triumphant life in Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Romans 3:2-25;

Romans 6:14;
For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Luke 24:46-47
46. And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
47. And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Romans 3 & Psalms 42-44

Ephesians 4:1-10 & Isaiah 48

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 5:34am On Jul 29, 2018

IN REMISSION WE HAVE JUSTIFICATION

Sunday, July 29th, 2018

Pastor Chris

Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man
is preached unto you the forgiveness (remission) of sins: And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses (Acts 13:38-39).

We learnt in our previous study that what we have in Christ isn’t forgiveness, but remission of sins. Some Bible translators weren’t sure
when to use the word “forgive” and when to use the word “remit.” So in different translations, they render the Greek word “aphesis” as “forgiveness” and also as “remission.” For example, the King James Version translated it as forgiveness instead of remission as seen in our opening verse.

Remission is the complete removal of sin. In the Greek Septuagint, there’s a word used in Leviticus 25:10 that’s akin to remission; it’s the word “liberty,” which means “release.” Part of that verse says, “And ye shall hallow the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout all the land....” The word “liberty” is the same word “aphesis,” which means remission. We’re to proclaim remission; man’s total release from sin, its effects and consequences!

Just as all debts were cancelled during Jubilee in the Old Testament, remission in the New Testament is the wiping out or blotting out of a debt (sin), as though it had never been; as though it never happened. In forgiveness, the record shows that you’re the offender but have been pardoned for the offense, whereas in remission, there’s no record of offence.

In remission, the offence is separated or divorced from you; it doesn’t exist; hence, you’re justified. Yes, in remission, you have justification! The Bible says in Acts 13:39 that by Jesus Christ, all that believe are justified from all things, from which they couldn’t be justified by the law of Moses.

To be justified means that you’re acquitted; you’ve been declared “not guilty,” in spite of your sins, because they’ve been remitted; they don’t exist. How is this possible? It’s the righteousness of God: “To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus” (Romans 3:26).

PRAYER
I pray for sinners around the world today, that as they hear the Gospel, their hearts are open to receive the remission already accomplished for them through the death of Christ, to live unto righteousness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
2 Corinthians 5:19-21;
19. To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
20. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
21. For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Romans 3:23-26
23. For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 24. Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
25. Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
26. To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Romans 4 & Psalms 45-48

Ephesians 4:11-16 & Isaiah 49

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 6:58am On Jul 30, 2018

A NEW CREATURE WITH A NEW LIFE

Monday, July 30th, 2018

Pastor Chris

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new
(2 Corinthians 5:17).

When you were born again, you were born and baptized into Christ. 1 Corinthians 12:13 says, “For by one Spirit are we all baptized
into one body...”; you were baptized into the body of Christ, a new man, a new creature with a new life. The King James Version uses the word “creature,” which is a lot more accurate than the word “creation” as used in some other translations. Being a “new creature” means you’re one of a kind; a special or peculiar being.

But that’s not all; the latter part of our opening scripture says, “...old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” The underlined word, “behold” means a lot, even though not so many pay attention to its importance in that verse. It’s a word that calls your attention to a truth: God wants you to SEE that all things have become new. When you’re born again, you have a new life; you’re a new being; the old life and nature are supplanted by God’s divine nature.

It wasn’t just a mere change that took place in you when you were born again; it was an actual recreation of your human spirit; there was an actual replacement of the life of which you were born of your parents, with the indestructible life of God. You’ve come alive to God through the New Birth.

You’re not someone who has merely become religious; you’re a new person, with a new life, without a past. Understand when the Bible says, “...old things are passed away...”; it’s talking about the old nature that was subject to sin, defeat, sickness, failure and death—it’s dead and gone. All things have become new, and all these new things are of God (2 Corinthians 5:18).

Everything about your life now carries divinity in it. There’s no connection between you and your “past,” because in actual fact, there’s no past: “Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life” (Romans 6:4).

CONFESSION
I’m a new creature, a brand new species of being. I’m not ordinary. I’m the first and the best of God’s creatures. I prosper in all I do. My life is an expression of the beauty, glory, and grace of Almighty God. His righteousness is revealed in, and through me. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY:
Ephesians 2:14-15;
14. For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
15. Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Ephesians 4:22-24;
22. That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; 23. And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24. And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Colossians 3:9-10
9. Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; 10. And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Romans 5:1-11 & Psalms 49-51

Ephesians 4:17-24 & Isaiah 50

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 6:50am On Jul 31, 2018
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

SIN IS NO LONGER A FACTOR

Tuesday July 31st, 2018

For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace (Romans 6:14).
Some Christians make statements like, “As long as you’re in this body, you’re prone to sin,” but that’s not what the Word teaches. To believe and talk that way is to derogate the salvation Jesus brought to us, and denigrate its power. 1 John 2:1 says, “My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.”

The underlined portion of the preceding verse lets us know that it’s not compulsory to sin. Part of it says, “…if any man sin,” not “…when any man sin.” Sin is no longer a factor. The Bible says, “…whosoever is born of God sinneth not…” (1 John 5:18). It is possible not to sin, otherwise, the Apostle John wouldn’t have said so.

You need to understand how God sees you, following the redemptive and substitutionary work of Christ. Colossians 1:21-22 makes it clear. It says, “And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight.”

He’s made you holy, blameless, and unreprovable. You didn’t attain this by your actions, but in Christ Jesus.
No wonder He says in 1 Peter 2:9 (AMPC), “But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a dedicated nation, [God’s] own purchased, special people, that you may set forth the wonderful deeds and display the virtues and perfections of Him Who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.” He called you out of darkness, to set forth His wonderful deeds, and display His virtues and perfections.

He didn’t just say you should walk in perfection, but to display and manifest His glory and virtue. He’s called you to walk in divine excellence, and manifest the fruits and works of righteousness. That’s the life of a Christian. Glory to God!
Share on social media

Confession:
Dear Father, you’re the one at work in me, both to will and to do of your good pleasure. I’m born of you; therefore, sin has no dominion over me. I produce works and fruits of righteousness, displaying your perfection and excellence in all I do, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Romans 6:6-14; 1 Corinthians 15:55-57

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-year bible reading plan:
Romans 5:12-21 & Psalms 52-55

2-year bible reading plan:
Ephesians 4:25-32 & Isaiah 51
Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 7:05am On Aug 01, 2018

WE HAVE HIS AUTHORITY

Wednesday, August 1st, 2018

Pastor Chris

For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ (Romans 5:17).

The Lord Jesus occupies the most exalted position there is; He’s seated at the right hand of the Father, far above all principality, and power, might, and dominion, and every name that is named. But did you know that you’re in Him? You’re seated with Him in glory. The Word declares: “But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are savedwink And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus” (Ephesians 2:4-6).

We’re called to exercise dominion and to live as masters and victors in life through Jesus Christ. We reign in Him and through Him over Satan, darkness, the world, and all creation. Revelation 5:10 tells us that Christ Jesus has made us kings and priests unto God, and we shall reign on the earth.

God gave Jesus authority over all creation. At the mount of transfiguration, He spoke out of heaven saying, “...This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him” (Matthew 17:5). He commanded everything that exists—living and non-living—to be subject to Jesus and, by extension, to you, because you’re in Him; you’re one with Him. You occupy His place of authority, with the power of attorney to act in His stead. You’re not ordinary. You operate from a higher realm where your words are backed by Deity.

Every word Jesus uttered came to pass; He changed hopeless situations because He had all authority in heaven and in earth—the same authority He bequeathed to the Church—you and me. He said in Matthew 28:18-19, “...All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore...” ; thus, we’re on the go in His Name; the Name that opens every door.

Realise that all authority has been vested on you to alter the circumstances of your life to sync with God’s perfect will. Therefore, speak words of power and break the influence of Satan over men’s lives, and cause the light of the Gospel to shine in their hearts.

CONFESSION
I walk in dominion over Satan, darkness, and the world. I’m seated together with Christ in glory, dominion, and power. My light shines ever so brightly, and I gloriously fulfil my destiny in Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Luke 10:19 AMPC;
Behold! I have given you authority and power to trample upon serpents and scorpions, and [physical and mental strength and ability] over all the power that the enemy [possesses]; and nothing shall in any way harm you.

1 John 4:17
Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Romans 6:1-14 & Psalms 56-59

Ephesians 5:1-8 & Isaiah 52

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 6:21am On Aug 02, 2018

HE GIVES KNOWLEDGE

Thursday, August 2nd, 2018

Pastor Chris

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you (John 14:26).

Something beautiful the Spirit of God does in our lives is that, apart from imparting your spirit with spiritual information, He can also cause you to have knowledge of everyday things. 1 Corinthians 12:8 says, “For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit.”

Knowledge, in the verse above, is the Greek word “gnosis,” which is knowledge based on science or intellectual activity. God can supernaturally impart to you abstract or scientific knowledge of natural and supernatural things. This is something we need to be more conscious of as God’s children.

We need to become more conscious that the Spirit of God is the Spirit of knowledge; He knows all things. Christ Jesus is the embodiment of all wisdom and knowledge (Colossians 2:3), and He made all things: the plants, animals—everything in the world (Colossians 1:16). Therefore, He can teach you about them.

The world is looking for solutions, and God wants His kids to be the solution providers to the world’s problems. He can give you extraordinary insight into the realities of your career. You can receive impartation of knowledge that’ll be the solution the world is waiting for. The Lord can grant you divine insight into deep and intricate things of life and the supernatural. You can receive ideas from Him that’ll change your world. All you need do is to make yourself available to work with Him.

CONFESSION
I acknowledge the ministry of the precious Holy Spirit in my life, who grants me insight into mysteries and secrets, who unveils to, and imparts my spirit with knowledge of witty inventions. I’m taught of Him; therefore, I know all things. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY:
Proverbs 2:5;
Then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord,
and find the knowledge of God.

Proverbs 8:10-12;
10. Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold.
11. For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.
12. I wisdom dwell with prudence,
and find out knowledge of witty inventions.

Colossians 1:9-10
9. For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; 10. That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Romans 6:15-7:1-6 & Psalms 60-63

Ephesians 5:9-16 & Isaiah 53

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 7:12am On Aug 03, 2018
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES 3RD AUG 2018

“PATIENT IN TRIBULATION”

PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME.

Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer (Romans 12:12).

2 Timothy 2:3 says, “Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.” In various Bible translations, different words are translated patience. However, the best synonym that describes patience is “endurance”; the ability to be patient in tribulation; that is, enduring hardship with hope. This means you’re able to face any opposition and remain unflustered, knowing the Lord is with you.

Proverbs 24:10 admonishes us against giving up or giving in, in the day of adversity; rather, we’re to maintain our victory. Maybe you’re at the beginning stage of developing your faith, and things may be looking tough and very challenging, have confidence in the Word. Be patient and give the Word time to work in your life and in your circumstances. Endure. That situation is for your testimony!

There’re people who don’t know how to stick with what they believe. For example, once they’re criticized for their faith, they tend to be discouraged; that’s wrong! Endure such criticisms, for they’re designed for your promotion. Don’t renounce the Faith just because a colleague at work made derogatory remarks about you or Christianity. Rather, be proud of your identity and association with Christ. Keep winning souls.

It won’t be long before those who may be criticizing you acknowledge the glory and power of God on your life. Therefore, endure with hope the tests or trials you may be experiencing right now. The Lord Jesus said in Luke 21:19, “In your patience possess ye your souls.” Endure challenges with hope, knowing that you’ll never be disadvantaged or defeated. Be hopeful and confident of a better and brighter day ahead! Create that picture in your mind—the picture of victory and triumph, and hold on to it.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for the extraordinary life of excellence, dominion and power that I have in Christ. I count it all joy when I go through diverse tests, because i know who I am: a victor for life, destined to reign, win, and excel, irrespective and independent of pressures and negative circumstances, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Proverbs 24:10 If you faint in the day of adversity, Your strength is small.

Galatians 5:22 NIV But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

Hebrews 10:35 – 36 Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward. 36 For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise:

Romans 7:7-25 & Psalms 64-67
Ephesians 5:17-24 & Isaiah 54
Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 6:45am On Aug 04, 2018

KNOWING HIM BEYOND THE SENSES

Saturday, August 4th, 2018

Pastor Chris

And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God
(Ephesians 3:19).

I want you to observe the Apostle Paul’s choice of words carefully; he said, “And to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge....”
How can you know something that surpasses knowledge? Here, he distinguishes between two kinds of knowledge: revelation knowledge and scientific knowledge. The word translated “know” above is “ginosko,” which means knowledge by revelation.

The other word translated “knowledge,” is the Greek word “gnosis,” which is knowledge based on science or intellectual activity. This is knowledge gained through the natural senses. Understanding the love of Christ is beyond scientific or intellectual knowledge; it requires the revelation of the Spirit.

In science, there’re no absolutes; all its laws are based on theories and assumptions. However, in revelation knowledge, there’re no assumptions. Science can’t unveil to you the passion of Jesus Christ, which He demonstrated on the cross of Calvary. No matter what books of this world you study, you’ll never get to know the significance and import of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. You may have an idea, but you won’t have the understanding; that can only be granted you by revelation of the Word of God.

Our opening verse means, knowing the love of Christ beyond your senses and human definitions. You can be a Christian for many years, or even a preacher, and still not know what the love of Christ is.

Our calling is to know and express the love of God. Part of the ministry of the Spirit in your life is to grant you this revelation knowledge; He teaches you the Word, and grants you insight into the secrets and mysteries of the Kingdom. Therefore, relying on Him, and affirming that He’s with you to teach you and unveil the Word to you as you study, is very important.

PRAYER
Dear Father, thank you for opening my eyes to see that true knowledge can only be found in your Word. By being born again, I’ve been initiated into this specialised knowledge that divinely energises and enables me to walk in your fullness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
1 Corinthians 2:14;
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Philippians 3:8-10
8. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
9. And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
10. That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Romans 8:1-17 & Psalms 68-69

Ephesians 5:25-33 & Isaiah 55

Leave comments on today's devotionalh www.rhapsodyofrealities.org
Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 5:25am On Aug 05, 2018

YOU DWELL IN HIM

Sunday, August 5th, 2018

Pastor Chris

Lord, thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations (Psalm 90:1).

In spite of the troubles, crises, and overwhelming spread of evil around the world, there’s nothing for you to fear, because you dwell in Christ. Psalm 91:1 says, “He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.” The Lord protects and takes care of His people. In Christ, we’re never, and can never be disadvantaged; we’re victors and not victims; the Lord Jesus assured us of peace and safety in a tempestuous world.

Read His very comforting words in John 16:33; He said, “These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.” He overcame the world for you, and gave you the victory. You have dominion over Satan, circumstances, and the world. Irrespective of the crises and tribulations in the world, in Him we have peace, assurance, safety and security (John 16:33).

Your location in the spirit is Christ; that’s your dwelling place. Therefore, you’re under the shadow, that is, the protection of Almighty God. The Apostle Paul, by the Spirit, tells us, “...if any man be in Christ , he is a new creature...” (2 Corinthians 5:17). Notice the underlined words, “in Christ,” showing us that Christ is your dwelling place. Christ is a person—the Man Christ Jesus—and Christ is also a place in God.

Be confident. Be courageous. Refuse to fear. You dwell in Christ; therefore, you’re shielded from harm, evil and destruction. In Him you live, and move, and have your being. He has said, “A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee” (Psalm 91:7). Hallelujah!.

CONFESSION
Christ in me is the glory of my life; I reign and rule in life. I dwell in Him, and carry a divine atmosphere of glory and victory. When I come in, darkness flees, because I’m the light in a dark world. Blessed be God!

FURTHER STUDY:
Isaiah 43:2;
When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee;
and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

John 16:33;
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Colossians 3:2-3
2. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
3. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Romans 8:18-39 & Psalms 70-73

Ephesians 6:1-9 & Isaiah 56

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 10:44am On Aug 06, 2018
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL (FREE AUGUST PDF => http:///2uh3g2D)

AFFIRM YOUR VICTORY AND DELIVERANCE

Monday, August 6th, 2018

Pastor Chris

We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak (2 Corinthians 4:13).

Christianity is a life of faith. We believe; therefore, we speak. We speak on the basis of our faith in the Word, and not according to circumstances.

It reminds of the inspiring utterance of Jonah in
Jonah 2:1-4. He was in trouble, but read his affirmation of faith: “...I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice. For thou hadst cast me into the deep, in the midst of the seas; and the floods compassed me about: all thy billows and thy waves passed over me. Then I said, I am cast out of thy sight; yet I will look again toward thy holy temple.”

Imagine the content of Jonah’s prayer, despite being in such a distressing situation: A great fish had swallowed him up after he disobeyed God’s instruction to go to Nineveh and proclaim His Word. In the belly of the fish, he refused to give up; instead, he prophesied his victory. He declared, “...I will look again toward thy holy temple!”

This is prophetic prayer, and it’s important for God’s people to pray this way, where you speak the will of God into being by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. Observe further, Jonah’s prophetic utterances from the belly of the fish: “They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy. But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the Lord” (Jonah 2:8-9).

You may read this and think, “Oh, well, Jonah said this after he came out from the fish’s belly”; no. He spoke those words while still in the belly of the fish. He knew that looking at the circumstances would make him forsake the mercies of God. He had come to realise that God is a deliverer and a rescuer; so he refused to dwell on his predicament. Thus, while still in trouble, he began to thank God for delivering him. He understood the Word of God. He knew that God calls things that be not as though they were (Romans 4:17).

Don’t be moved by the unpleasantness of your present circumstances; don’t observe negative symptoms of lack or ill-health; prophesy your victory. Proclaim the Word. Worship the Lord in the midst of that seemingly hopeless situation. Declare that you have overcome; thank Him for your deliverance and victory.

CONFESSION
The Word of God is in my heart and in my mouth today, by which I prevail. The Word in my mouth is God talking! Nothing is impossible to me because I live in, and by the Word, walking in continual victory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Psalm 27:1-3;
1. The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
2. When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.
3. Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear:
though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.

Psalm 91:2;
I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

Romans 4:17;
(As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

Mark 11:23
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he
saith.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Romans 9:1-29 & Psalms 74-77

Ephesians 6:10-20 & Isaiah 57

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 7:35am On Aug 07, 2018

WORK THE WORD

Tuesday, August 7th, 2018

Pastor Chris

Each of you must take responsibility for doing the creative best you can with your own life. (Galatians 6:5 MSG)

Some Christians try to make God responsible for what actually is their responsibility. Often times, when something unpleasant happens, they’d conclude, “It’s the will of God; otherwise, why did He let it happen?” What such people need to realise is that the authority to change things on earth, and make our lives as beautiful as we desire, has been given to us. You can make your life glorious by living out God’s Word.

In Matthew 17:20, the Lord Jesus was emphatic when He said, “...verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.” He makes it clear that you can create your victorious life by acting your faith on the Word of God. He already gave you the measure of faith you require to effect the changes you desire.

In Mark 9:23, He said, “...all things are possible to him that believeth.” The question is, do you believe? If you do, then you have before you a life of endless possibilities. Put the Word to work in your life, and you’ll always be victorious. Don’t “wait” for His Word to come to pass in your life; rather, you’re to work the Word.

Philippians 2:12 says, “...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.” Work out the Word in your life and make it produce results. Using your faith, you can be what you want to be, change what you want to change, and achieve whatever you want to achieve! Faith is our currency and “power to do” in the Kingdom of God.

God has already given you the dominion and the authority to create your triumphant life, by altering the course of events in your life to conform with His perfect will. Keep living in the Word, and the glory of God will be manifest in all you do.

CONFESSION
Christ is my life and all I require; thus, my life is one of endless glory, joy, victories, successes, and possibilities! I can do all things through Christ, which strengthens me. Nothing is impossible unto me! I’m a believer in Christ Jesus; therefore, a possessor of all things! Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY:
Mark 11:23;
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he

James 1:22-25
22. But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
23. For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
24. For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
25. But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Romans 9:30-10:1-21 & Psalms 78

Ephesians 6:21-24 & Isaiah 58

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 8:29am On Aug 08, 2018

BE SUPPLY AND ABUNDANCE CONSCIOUS

Wednesday, August 8th, 2018

Pastor Chris

And God is able to make all grace (every favor and earthly blessing) come to you in abundance, so that you may always and under all circumstances and whatever the need be self-sufficient [possessing enough to require no aid or support and furnished in abundance for every good work and charitable donation] (2 Corinthians 9:8 AMPC

As a Christian, never utter statements like, “Things are tight. I have to manage. If I give or spend so much, I won’t have anything
left.” To have such a mindset is to put yourself in a position of disadvantage and financial jeopardy. Never talk lack, because you’re the seed of Abraham and all things are yours in Christ: “And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise” (Galatians 3:29).

God wants you to live at that higher level of spiritual consciousness, where your spiritual eyes are open to see that the whole world belongs to you. As you consciously develop yourself in God’s Word, you’ll realise He’s already given you everything that pertain to life and godliness. Lay claim to your possessions by walking in the light of His Word.

Walk in the practical consciousness of what the Word says about your Kingdom rights, privileges, and possessions in Christ Jesus. Declare, “The Lord is my shepherd; therefore, I refuse to lack. Doors of opportunities are open unto me. I’m blessed, and all my needs are abundantly supplied according to God’s riches in glory by Christ Jesus.”

The will of God and the certainty of the life of abundance He’s called you into is clearly revealed in our opening verse. He wants all grace—every favour and earthly blessing—to come to you in abundance, so that you may always and under all circumstances and whatever the need, be self-sufficient, possessing enough to require no aid or support and furnished in abundance for every good work and charitable donation.

Believe, affirm, and be conscious that your life in Christ is one of endless supply and abundance. Learn what the Word says about God’s financial plan for His children: about tithes and offerings, sowing and reaping, giving and receiving. Practise them and see God’s blessings multiply in your life.

PRAYER
Dear Lord, you’re my Shepherd; therefore, I can never lack! I’m walking in the light of my prosperity; I have access to wealth untold! Lack and want aren’t part of my life, because all things are mine in Christ Jesus. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY:
2 Corinthians 8:9;
For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.

Philippians 4:19;
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Psalm 23:1
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Romans 11:1-24 & Psalms 79-81

Philippians 1:1-8 & Isaiah 59

Leave comments on today's devotional
www.rhapsodyofrealities.org
Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 7:18am On Aug 09, 2018

‭PRAYING THE WORD

Thursday, August 9th, 2018

Pastor Chris

And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us (1 John 5:14).

God’s Word is His will expressed to us; therefore, praying according to His will is praying the Word. This is a very important
element in prayer that not so many understand and practise: praying by the authority of the Word of God. When we pray, it’s important that it’s on the basis of the revelation and insight given to us by God through His Word. We must act our faith in prayer, on the basis of the Word of God; if God’s Word covers the subject, then we’re audacious in faith to receive answers.

We read in our opening verse that when we pray according to His will—His Word—He hears us. The fifteenth verse says, “And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.” This means that when you pray according to His will (His Word), He hears and answers your prayer.

Some people, while praying, just talk, and don’t care whether or not what they’re saying is in line with the Word of God. Your prayers must be consistent with the Word to be effective. Don’t just pray; pray the Word. God already gave His Word, to show us everything that He’s given to us, everything that He’s made us, and everything that we can do in Christ Jesus.

Thus, when you pray, until and unless your words are in sync with His divine provisions in Christ, you’ll be praying amiss. He’s revealed to us how to ask; how to pray and what our requests can cover, so you can have faith when you pray to Him. And your faith grows as you learn the Word of God. The more of God’s Word you know, the more faith you’ll have, and the more accurate and effectual your prayers will be.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I’m lifted by your Word! I’m transfigured and guided by your truth in the path of your divine and perfect will for my life. I walk in strength, health and victory today, because I live by your Word, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Psalm 27:1-6;
1. The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
2. When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.
3. Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear:
though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.
4. One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after;
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life,
to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple.
5. For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me;
he shall set me up upon a rock.
6. And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me:
therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy;
I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord.

Matthew 24:35;
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Jeremiah 1:12
Then said the Lord unto me, Thou hast well seen: for I will hasten my word to perform it.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Romans 11:25-36 & Psalms 82-84

Philippians 1:9-14 & Isaiah 60

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 6:59am On Aug 10, 2018

SONGS OF VICTORY

Friday, August 10th, 2018

Pastor Chris

...Thus saith the LORD unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God’s (2 Chronicles 20:15).

In 2 Chronicles 20, we read something inspiring that King Jehoshaphat did when Judah was besieged by enemy nations. He and the armies of Judah were completely out-numbered, and in his own words, he admitted Judah’s vulnerability, but not without seeking help from the Lord. He prayed, “O our God, wilt thou not judge them? for we have no might against this great company that cometh against us; neither know we what to do: but our eyes are upon thee” (2 Chronicles 20:12).

Then, verses 14-17 tell us something beautiful: “Then upon Jahaziel the son of Zechariah...came the Spirit of the Lord...And he said, ...Thus saith the Lord unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God’s. Tomorrow go ye down against them....Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the Lord with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; tomorrow go out against them: for the Lord will be with you.”

Those were the Lord’s comforting and assuring words to Jehoshaphat. But notice the next thing Jehoshaphat did, in readiness to confront the invading army: he appointed singers unto the Lord, to praise the beauty of Holiness, chanting, “...Praise the Lord; for his mercy endureth for ever” (2 Chronicles 20:21). This was a song of victory.

As they went on singing and marching towards the enemy’s camp, the Bible declares that “...the LORD set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten” (2 Chronicles 20:22). When Judah’s army came in from behind the singers, their entire assailants had perished, having destroyed one another. Jehoshaphat, with his army, simply took the spoil without a fight! This was an unusual strategy, and it’s for our learning.

Our songs of worship and praise, in the face of daunting circumstances, spell defeat for the adversary. It doesn’t matter how severe you think the challenge is; praise and worship the Lord from His Word of victory. Regardless of the might of the adversary and adversities, never give up! Sing songs of victory. Hallelujah!

PRAYER
Thank you Father, for you’ve made me an overcomer in this world and set me on a perpetual victory parade, with songs of victory in my mouth! I’m full of might and ability to face and surmount life’s challenges, to the glory and praise of your Name, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Psalm 149:1-6;
1. Praise ye the Lord. Sing unto the Lord a new song, and his praise in the congregation of saints.
2. Let Israel rejoice in him that made him:
let the children of Zion be joyful in their King.
3. Let them praise his name in the dance: let them sing praises unto him with the timbrel and harp.
4. For the Lord taketh pleasure in his people:
he will beautify the meek with salvation.
5. Let the saints be joyful in glory:
let them sing aloud upon their beds.
6. Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a twoedged sword in their hand;

2 Corinthians 2:14-15 MSG
14. And I got it, thank God! In the Messiah, in Christ, God leads us from place to place in one perpetual victory parade. Through us, he brings knowledge of Christ. Everywhere we go, people breathe in the exquisite fragrance.
15. Because of Christ, we give off a sweet scent rising to God, which is recognized by those on the way of salvation—an aroma redolent with life.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Romans 12:1-16 & Psalms 85-88

Philippians 1:15-22 & Isaiah 61

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 7:49am On Aug 11, 2018

HIS POWER THROUGH YOU

Saturday, August 11th, 2018

Pastor Chris

But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a dedicated nation, [God’s] own purchased, special people, that you may set forth the wonderful deeds and display the virtues and perfections of Him Who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light (1 Peter 2:9 AMPC)

Being born again, you’re the temple of the Holy Spirit; you carry, and can transmit or transfer the power of God. Like the impartation of His power on the materials that were taken from the body of Paul (Acts 19:11-12), everything that comes from you, or in contact with you, is imparted by the power of God. With such impartation comes an extraordinary potential.

Nothing comes in contact with you without the residue of the Spirit on it, because you carry God’s divine presence; you’re a God-carrying vessel: “...for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them...” (2 Corinthians 6:16). You’re God’s headquarters; His operating centre. He expresses and manifests His love through you. You’re the dispenser of His graces and righteousness: read our opening verse again.

If you were sharing the Word with someone, for example, you could literally impart the Spirit to that person through your words. His love, compassion and
presence flow from you to them, bringing them the consciousness of His love and righteousness.

This is what we see in the ministry of the Lord Jesus, and the Apostles. The remarkable miracles, signs and wonders that they wrought weren’t chronicled for us to merely read and be aware of; they’re for us to be inspired and know how to do the same in our day, through the power of the same Spirit.

Become conscious that you’re the carrier of God’s divine presence; you’re the vent for His glory. It’s one of the reasons He wants us constantly filled with the Spirit (Ephesians 5:18). When you’re filled with the Spirit, it results in the profuse effusion of His power through you.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for your mighty power that’s at work in me, and activated even now to impart grace and righteousness to many today. I walk in the full blessings of your divine grace, and in the sufficiency of Christ; functioning by the might, wisdom, and excellence of the Spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
1 John 4:4;
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Acts 1:8;
But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Colossians 1:27-29
27. To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
28. Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:
29. Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Romans 12:17-13:1-14 & Psalms 89

Philippians 1:23-30 & Isaiah 62

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 5:11am On Aug 12, 2018

MANIFESTING THE CHRIST-LIFE

Sunday, August 12th, 2018

Pastor Chris

For we which live are always deliveredunto death for Jesus’ sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh (2 Corinthians 4:11).

Christianity is the revelation of Christ in you, the manifestation of the Christ-life in you; this isn’t about “imitating” Christ. It’s so important that you understand this. Christianity isn’t the imitation of Christ, but living the Christ-life. Christ lives in you; He’s your life (Colossians 3:3).

Colossians 1:26-27 says, “Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.” Christ revealed in you: this is God’s dream; this is Christianity! You’re in Christ; He’s in you. You’re the revelation of His righteousness, glory, and grace.

No wonder the Word says His intent is to unveil His manifold wisdom to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms, through the Church (Ephesians 3:10). True spiritual growth is determined by the extent to which Christ is revealed or manifested in, and through you. The revelation of Christ in us is essentially the understanding and expression of His character; His life and glory through us.

For example, as a Christian, when you walk in love, it’s not just because you made an effort to love; it’s the manifestation of the life of Christ in you. That outward show of love and kindness that others experience from you is the manifestation of the life and nature of Christ in your spirit. This is what God wants: Christ manifested in you; Christ alive in you, working through you, touching and changing lives through you. Whatever He needs to do in the earth today is through you. You’re His outstretched arm.

Jesus said in John 15:5, “I am the vine, ye are the branches....” The branches are the fruit-producing part of the vine. Thus, you reveal the glory and beauty of Christ. You manifest His life and reveal His righteousness. Hallelujah!

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for the life of Christ in me; I was born to live the Christ-life, and unveil His character, glory, and life to the world. I’ve become His living headquarters and operational centre. Through me, His glory, beauty, wisdom, perfections, and righteousness are revealed to the world, in ever-increasing measure, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Ephesians 3:10 AMPC;
[The purpose is] that through the church the complicated, many-sided wisdom of God in all its infinite variety and innumerable aspects might now be made known to the angelic rulers and authorities (principalities and powers) in the heavenly sphere.

1 Peter 2:9 AMPC
But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a dedicated nation, [God’s] ownpurchased, special people, that you may set forth the wonderful deeds and display the virtues and perfections of Him Who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Romans 14-15:1-4 & Psalms 90-93

Philippians 2:1-11 & Isaiah 63

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 6:35am On Aug 13, 2018

ALIVE TO HIS REALM OF LIFE

Monday, August 13th, 2018

Pastor Chris

Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord (Romans 6:11).

The Apostle Paul, by the Spirit, made the bold affirmation in our opening verse that we’re dead to sin, but alive to God. This is so because in the mind of justice, when Jesus died, you died in Him, but there’s more: when God raised Jesus from the dead, you were raised together with Him, a new man. This was on the legal side; however, when you were born again, it became a vital experience; you were imparted with the life and nature of God. You came alive in the spirit.

Now that you’re born again, you’re awakened to the realities of God’s Kingdom; His realm of life. Ephesians 2:1 says, “And you hath he quickened (made alive) , who were dead in trespasses and sins.” This isn’t a promise; it happened in the spirit! Since you’re alive to God and He’s real to you, you can hear and know His voice; you can know His thoughts, His will, and walk in His divine destiny for your life.

The unregenerate man, the non-Christian, isn’t alive to God; he’s not awakened to the realities of the heavenly realm. He’s estranged from the life of God, and lives hopelessly in utter darkness; spiritual realities are foolishness to him: “But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned” (1 Corinthians 2:14). When we talk about hearing God’s voice, for example, he wonders how possible that is! The Virgin Birth and other spiritual realities are mysteries to him.

But it’s not so with you! You understand the realities of God’s Kingdom; you know the things of God, because you live in His realm of life. No wonder Jesus said in Luke 8:10, “...Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God....” There’s no spiritual reality you can’t understand, because the light of God shines in your spirit; His Word works in you. You’re alive to His righteousness, wisdom, and grace! You have counsel and guidance from within, because you’re one with Him (1 Corinthians 6:17). Blessed be God!

CONFESSION
I’m alive to God, to His wisdom, righteousness, love, and grace; His Spirit is at work in me even now, causing me to know and have deeper and fuller insight into mysteries and secrets of the Kingdom. The eyes of my understanding are enlightened to the realities and truth of the Gospel, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
1 Corinthians 2:7-10;
7. But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
8. Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
9. But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
10. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

Matthew 13:10-11
10. And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
11. He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Romans 15:5-13 & Psalms 94-98

Philippians 2:12-18 & Isaiah 64

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 7:05am On Aug 14, 2018

Tuesday, Aug 14 2018

A SPIRITUAL KINGDOM

By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace (Romans 8:6).

In Christ, we've been born into a real, authentic, and functional spiritual kingdom. That's where we live right now. We live in, and carry out our everyday activities from that spiritual kingdom. However, to enjoy the blessings that belong to you in that realm of life, you're required to have adequate knowledge of the Word, understand, and function by the principles of the kingdom of God.

Many Christians aren't yet fully conscious that they're in a spiritual kingdom; they're only conscious of that which exists in the physical realm. Such people, for example, are hardly conscious of the myriads of angels with and around them. They're yet to take advantage of the ministry of the Holy Spirit, as He speaks to them from within, and seeks to guide them in all the affairs of life; hence, they live ordinary lives.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the Gospel of the spiritual life; life beyond the sense realm. The Bible says, “'to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace” (Romans 8:6). Anyone who believes in Jesus Christ has passed from death unto life; which means you've been automatically transferred from the domain of darkness, to the domain of life: the “Kingdom of His Love-son” (Colossians 1:13), and it's a spiritual kingdom. You live in that kingdom now. Though you're in the world, you're not of this world.

Therefore, you can't afford to live by the principles of this physical world. True success is spiritual, and it's based on spiritual principles. Become conscious of the spiritual realm, and control things from that realm. When you focus on and function from the realm of the spirit, nothing in this physical world will be able to hinder your success and victories in life.

CONFESSION
I'm alive to God, and to a world of endless possibilities and everlasting triumphs. I experience success always, as I live in and by the Word of God, playing by a different set of rules. I live and walk in the full consciousness of the spiritual Kingdom to which I belong, enjoying all that is mine in that realm of life, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Colossians 1:12-13; Colossians 3:1-2
DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1-year bible reading plan :
Romans 15:14-33 & Psalms 99-101

2-year bible reading plan :
Philippians 2:19-30 & Isaiah 65
Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 6:37am On Aug 15, 2018

GOD’S WORD: THE ONLY REALITY

Wednesday, August 15th, 2018

Pastor Chris

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth... (John 16:13)

“Truth” in our opening verse is “reality,” which means part of the ministry of the Holy Spirit in you is to guide you into the deep realities of the Kingdom; to show you what reality is. He’s able to do this effectively because He’s the “Spirit of reality”; God’s Word is reality (truth): “...thy word is truth” (John 17:17).

Too many people chase shadows in life because they don’t know what reality is. They think reality is whatever they can see, touch, or feel, not realizing that life is beyond the senses; life is spiritual. You might have heard some people say, “Let’s face reality,” referring to the happenings around them; the circumstances of life. There’s only one reality, and that’s God’s Word. God’s Word is truth.

Set your gaze on the Word only; see by the Word. Live in and by the Word. The Word never fails. Believing the Word and acting accordingly is the way to make the Word effective in your life; it’s the way to make your way prosperous in life. It’s not enough to believe the Word, you must act on it. Acting on the Word is proof that you believe it.

The blessing of the Word is for the one who has no options to the Word; the one whose only recourse is the Word: “But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed” (James 1:25). The integrity of God’s Word is unquestionable. Never contradict the Word. The Word has creative power that’s effected once ignited by your faith!

Make progress from glory to glory by living the Word. Personalize God’s Word; apprehend it, and appropriate it for yourself, and it’ll produce for you and in you, the reality that it conveys. That transformation you desire in your finances, health and family are dependent on you, not God. Psalm 119:89 says, “For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.” His Word is settled in heaven, but you must settle it in your life through your affirmations; you must take the Word as absolute truth and speak the same things in agreement with God. Hallelujah!

PRAYERS
Blessed Father, your Word is my life and the truth on which I live every day. My spirit is enlightened by the Holy Spirit to know, and take a hold of my inheritance in Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Matthew 24:35;
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Isaiah 55:11;
So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Romans 16 & Psalms 102-103

Philippians 3:1-12 & Isaiah 66

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 6:55am On Aug 16, 2018

THE REAL YOU

Thursday, August 16th, 2018

Pastor Chris

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth (John 4:24).

Just as God is a Spirit, man is also a spirit, and was made in the image and in the likeness of God. Thus, your body isn’t you; it’s your house, the home of your spirit. Your physical eyes can’t see by themselves; they’re windows through which your spirit sees the world around you.

Romans 12:1 says, “I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.” If your body were the real you, how then would you be able to present it to God? Who would do the “presenting,” seeing that your body is what YOU are to present? This lets you know there’s more to you than your physical body; you’re a spirit being.

The real you is who Peter calls the “...hidden man of the heart” (1 Peter 3:4). He’s the same one the Apostle Paul calls the “inward man” (2 Corinthians 4:16). The inward man is the human spirit; the one who can’t be seen with the physical eyes. The “outward man” is the body with its five senses. The real “you” is the inward man, not the outward man. When you speak, it’s the inward man that talks through your mouth.

Too many are only concerned about what’s going on in their bodies, not giving the required attention to developing and educating their spirits. The man inside, your spirit, is the one that God deals with and relates to, not the physical body. The Lord relates with your spirit in leading and guiding you; He contacts you through your spirit. Walk in this consciousness, and live beyond physical circumstances.

Your spirit is where the life of God resides. When you received the Holy Spirit, He mingled with your spirit and became one with your spirit, in an inseparable union (1 Corinthians 6:17). Now you can better understand why your spirit is what really matters to God. It’s important to learn how to function from your spirit, and the way to do this is to keep your focus on the Word of God, and live from inside out, refusing to be moved by the dictates of your physical senses.

PRAYERS
Dear Father, I thank you for your light in my spirit; I live from inside out, fully conscious of your life and glory in me. I refuse to be moved by the dictates of my physical senses, but keep my focus on your eternal Word by which I’m transformed from glory to glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Philippians 3:3;
For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

2 Corinthians 4:16;
For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

Proverbs 20:27 NKJV
The spirit of a man is the lamp of the Lord,
Searching all the inner depths of his heart

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Corinthians 1 & Psalms 104-106

Philippians 3:13-21 & Jeremiah 1

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 7:37am On Aug 17, 2018
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES FRIDAY, 17TH AUGUST.

Pastor Chris

TOPIC ✨ CHRIST—YOUR WISDOM✨

I have even heard of thee, that the spirit of the gods is in thee, and that light and understanding and excellent wisdom is found in thee (Daniel 5:14).

In the Old Testament, Daniel was celebrated as one who had an excellent spirit; he was blessed with excellent wisdom. Another example is King Solomon, who was esteemed as the wisest man that ever lived, until Jesus. However, as much as we may admire the excellence and wisdom of Daniel and Solomon, we have something in the New Testament that they both didn’t have—Christ! He’s our wisdom.

Colossians 2:3 says in Christ are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. In other words, He’s the embodiment of all wisdom and knowledge. This same Christ, according to 1 Corinthians 1:30, has been made unto you wisdom: “But of him (God) are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom….” Therefore, in Christ, you have access to all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

This is greater and better than what Solomon had. The One that gave Solomon wisdom, who is Himself wisdom, lives in you. When you made Jesus the Lord of your life, and He took up His abode in the quarters of your heart, Wisdom took up His abode in you.

Thus, not only has Jesus become your Saviour and Lord, He’s also your wisdom, meaning you’re sound, wise, sagacious, and perspicacious. Affirm it! Say, “Christ is my wisdom; therefore, I talk and deal wisely always; He directs my thinking. He has anointed my mind to receive sanctified thoughts; wisdom is seen and heard in me always!”

Live victoriously every day by taking advantage of the wisdom of God available to you in Christ Jesus. Through wisdom, you’ll know how to manage your home, your family, your business, finances, and everything about your life. Keep learning God’s Word, and avail yourself of the privileges and advantages of divine wisdom.

PRAYER
Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the divine wisdom that’s been made available to me in Christ. My thoughts, words, and actions are anointed to produce excellence. I’m catapulted to a place of honour and promotion, through your wisdom that’s at work in me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: Proverbs 4:7-8 Wisdom [is] the principal thing; [therefore] get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. 8 Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee to honour, when thou dost embrace her.

Ephesians 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

1 Corinthians 1:30 NIV It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 2 & Psalms 107-108

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Philippians 4:1-7 & Jeremiah 2.
Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 6:35am On Aug 19, 2018

CREATED FOR GOOD WORKS

Sunday, August 19th, 2018

Pastor Chris

For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live] (Ephesians 2:10 AMPC).

Did you know that just as the iPhone for example, is the workmanship or product of Apple Inc., you’re the workmanship or product of God? Think about that for a moment: you’re God’s product; He made you. God has His label on you, and He couldn’t have made anything that’s not perfect, which means you’re perfect; you’re excellent all the way.

God didn’t create you for sickness, poverty or for you to be a nobody; rather, He fashioned you for good works, and to live the good life. Read our theme scripture again: “For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live].”

You’re not in the world by chance; God has a plan for your life, and it’s for your life to be an unending stream of works that please Him—works of faith and righteousness. That’s what your life is for. You’re peculiar; crafted for excellence; you’re a success!

Therefore, in your neighbourhood, home, workplace, school—everywhere you find yourself—manifest the glory of God! Preach the Gospel with boldness. Heal the sick, cast out devils, cleanse the lepers, and raise the dead! You’re the bearer and effulgence of His glory today, the icon of His righteousness, and dispenser of His manifold wisdom and graces. Hallelujah!

CONFESSION
I’m walking in preordained pathways, manifesting the glory of God; I’m a success. My life is for the glory of God, and I produce and express His righteousness in all I do, pleasing Him in all things, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Acts 10:38;
How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

John 14:12;
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Titus 2:13-14
13. Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
14. Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1 Corinthians 4 & Psalms 113-116

Philippians 4:14-23 & Jeremiah 4

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 6:39am On Aug 20, 2018

THE BASICS OF SALVATION

Monday, August 20th, 2018

Pastor Chris

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation (Romans 10:9-10).

Every man, woman, boy, and girl ever born, and that’ll ever be born into this world has already been “saved” by Jesus Christ. When He died, He died to save all humanity.

However, salvation is only a vital experience in
the life of the one who has consciously affirmed the lordship of Jesus over his or her life. You receive salvation, or are saved, not just by believing in Jesus, but by taking the further step of affirming His lordship.

Read our opening scripture again and notice that it didn’t say, “if thou shall cry and ask God to save you, you shall be saved.” The Bible way to receive salvation isn’t by your tears or good works. Salvation is a gift from God: “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God” (Ephesians 2:cool. The Bible tells us about a Roman centurion named Cornelius. He was a devout and generous man; yet he wasn’t saved (Acts 10:2).

One day, an angel of the Lord appeared to him and said, “...Send men to Joppa, and call for Simon, whose surname is Peter; who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved” (Acts 11:13-14). Salvation is a gift received by the affirmation of the right words. Once you believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead, and confess with your mouth that He’s Lord over your life, instantly, you become a child of God; eternal life is imparted to your spirit. It’s an extraordinary miracle!

The world needs to know that it’s not difficult at all to receive salvation; it’s no use trying fruitlessly to atone for your sins or impress God with your “good works.” It makes no difference that you’re the nicest or meekest person around; you can’t trust in your good deeds to save you. There’s a definite act required for salvation: it’s the confession of the Lordship of Jesus, believing in your heart that God raised him from the dead.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for the efficacy of your Word in my life. I’m one with the Father, therefore I’m one with divinity. Health, wealth, prosperity, life, and success are my daily experience. I live in the fullness of the blessings of the glorious Gospel of Christ. I’m an overcomer, because greater is He that’s in me than he that’s in the world, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Romans 10:6-10;
6. But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from abovesmiley
7. Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
8. But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9. That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Hebrews 13:5-6
5. Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
6. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1 Corinthians 5 & Psalms 117-118

Colossians 1:1-8 & Jeremiah 5

Re: 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! by ProPastorChris(m): 8:09am On Aug 21, 2018
Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional

BORN OF GOD

Tuesday, August 21st

Pastor Chris

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God… (1 John 3:1).

The word “sons” in our opening verse is the Greek, “teknon,” which means a child or offspring; one that’s born of another. So, John, in the scripture above, lets us know that we’re offspring of God; we’re born of Him.

When you were born again, it was an actual spiritual birth; it wasn’t something “religious” that transpired; you came to life as a new creation, born of the Word, and the Word of God is God: “Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever” (1 Peter 1:23).

The reality of our divine origin and identity is incomprehensible to the people of the world. Read our theme verse again, this time into the following verse 2. It says, “…therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him…” (1 John 3:1-2).

We’re associates of the God-kind; this is a presenthour reality. The Bible says as He (Jesus) is, so are we in this world (1 John 4:17). We have His life, we have His Name, we’re in Him and He’s in us. We’re sons of God “NOW”, not when we get to heaven. Take advantage of your sonship; your rights as one who’s literally and vitally born of God! God is your Father, He owns the world and has made you a joint-heir with Christ. There’s nothing you can’t have. Glory to His Name forever!

Here’s something so profound: The Bible says whatsoever is born of God overcomes the world (1 John 5:4); “whatsoever” includes “whosoever.” 1 John 4:4 says, “Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.” “Ye are of God” simply means that you hail from God; your origin is in Him; you’re born of Him; thus, you’re more than a conqueror; an overcomer in this life. Hallelujah!

PRAYER

Dear Father, I thank you for having begotten me in the Gospel through Christ. What an honour and privilege to be called your own, to be an associate of the God-kind. How sublime! I’m one with the Creator of the universe; an heir of the Sovereign! Nothing is too good for me, and nothing good is withheld from me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

John 1:10-13 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. 11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not. 12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Romans 8:16-17 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with [him], that we may be also glorified together.

Galatians 4:6-7 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. 7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan 1 Corinthians 6 & Psalms 119:1-112

2-Year Bible Reading Plan Colossians 1:9-18 & Jeremiah 6.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites / Do Dreams Affect Our Reality? / Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 266
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.