Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire (10871 Views)

Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire / What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire / Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by otr1(m): 10:11am On Feb 16, 2018
jamescross:
through obeying the voice of God, the same thing Moses said. not obeying the law, Abraham didn't oelbey a law he obeyed God's Voice.
You might as well tell me why God decided and chose to talk only to Abraham of all the people in the world then. He must be doing something different, right? No?
You might want to tell me the reason God chose just Noah in his generation. Give me the reason it was only Moses that could hear the voice of God even when there were tens of thousands of jews in Egypt?
These are men who obeyed God's statutes, not habitual sinners. You probably don't know sin is the transgression of the law (1 John 3:4 ...'Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.' ... ) What law? I suppose you know.
What exactly is this grace that you think it absolves you of the responsibility to obey God's voice (I hope you also know that the law was first spoken before it was written on stone?)
John 8:11 ...'And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.'
The above verse is a perfect example of grace (a free gift).
Remember that the woman in question committed adultery (she broke one of the 10 commandments). Now that's a sin.
According to the law of Moses (not the 10 commandments. You people don't actually know the difference) adulterers would be stoned to death. That's the way it was.
Jesus Christ might as well asked them to go ahead and stone her to death, but no, instead he actually gave her another chance to make things right (he gave her a grace) and told her "go and sin no more."
That's pure grace at work. Remember she was told to go and repeat the same thing no more? I'm sure you know Jesus would not save her again if she's brought before him for that again.

2 Timothy 2:19 ...'Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.'

1 John 3:4 ...'Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.' ...

And what is the penalty of sin? ... Romans 6:23 ...' For the wages of sin is death.'

So if we have all sinned and "come short of the glory of God", and we all deserve death, then how can we be saved? Can we earn salvation? ... Romans 6:23 ...'For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.'

Ephesians 2:8 ...'For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God.' ...
So salvation (the grace of God - eternal life) is a gift!

Romans 6:16 ...'Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?'
Now see the contrast of sin and obedience as used in the above verse. The Bible sees sin (transgression of the law) as the opposite of obedience (which no doubt, obedience to the law).
So you see, obedience in this regard mean to the law.

Galatians 5:19-21 ...'Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.' ...

Works of the flesh are sins as highlighted above and they that do such things shall not see God, because no sin can enter into Heaven.
So tell me how grace will save you if the Bible declared that no sinner will inherit God's kingdom?
In essence, we obtain salvation by grace, not because we deserve it, but because it's the gift of God for those that are ready to accept it.
After salvation (which in itself, grace), we are expected to go and sin no more, not continue to live in sin.

So what does true faith in Jesus produce? True faith in Jesus is an obedient faith. But that obedience is not of ourselves. It is Christ working in us, through His Spirit dwelling in us, if we will just allow Him in.

James 2:17-18 ...'Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.' ...

You see, if you truly want to follow Jesus and give your heart to Him, then your faith, by the indwelling of Christ's Spirit, will PRODUCE a change in you. You will want to obey God and keep His Commandments and do good works.

Those who are led by the Spirit of God are obedient to the voice of God. my sheep! they know my voice. this isn't complicated except for those who aren't part of the family

Revelation 22:11-12 ...'He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.'
Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by Janeyinspires(f): 5:05pm On Feb 18, 2018
jiggaz:
Hia... Lol

Your favourite look here.Or abi na meme grin grin cheesy
Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 7:52pm On Feb 18, 2018
Janeyinspires:

Your favourite look here.Or abi na meme grin grin cheesy
grin how u doin dear?
Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by Janeyinspires(f): 3:51pm On Feb 19, 2018
jiggaz:
grin how u doin dear?

I'm good.Hope you are,too? cool
Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 7:30pm On Feb 19, 2018
Janeyinspires:

I'm good.Hope you are,too? cool
yes i am...
Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by 5solas(m): 8:39am On Feb 28, 2018
Bhol28:
Please,are we trying to encourage sin here.Some of us here, like me,are new believers growing daily in the Words and to my own understanding peter was mentioned by the angels may be because he had denied Christ.Well the Op might be right by saying he enjoyed an uncommon favour there.But are we not really encouraging sin here.

This is the best time to study and lay a good foundation for yourself. Search out and establish what you have been and are being thought. Throw away any you find to be false no matter how popular it is.
Try to read up the Reformation too and what it was about.
Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 7:15pm On Oct 05, 2020
Bump..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Nairalander's Message To Atheist Wannabes And Young Christains. / Chris Okotie Has No Plans To Re-marry / Pastor Abraham Yakubu's Testimony Of Heaven And Hell In English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.