Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,715 members, 7,820,496 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Donald Duke Indicates Interest To Run For President In 2019 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Donald Duke Indicates Interest To Run For President In 2019 (28896 Views)

Bode George Indicates Interest In Running For President In 2023 / Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS / Buhari Approved N640Bn Oil Contracts From His Sick Bed In London- Baru indicates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Donald Duke Indicates Interest To Run For President In 2019 by Hazard94(m): 2:44am On Jan 16, 2018
Donald Duke, the former governor of Cross River state says that he will contest for presidency in 2019
The former governor notes that he will start the process at the right time
- Duke attributes the failure of governance on the lack of consequences for erring leaders
Former Cross River state governor, Donald Duke, on Sunday night, January 14 in Abuja has said that he will contest to become Nigeria next president in the 2019 general elections, Vanguard reports.
African Entertainment gathered that Duke, who declared his interest at the 3rd Mike Omotosho Annual Lecture titled, “Mellinials as Protagonists in Nation Building,” promised to kick-start the process at the right circumstances.

He said: “I am entitled to run for the presidency of this country. I am entitled to it. Only on right circumstances I will aspire for it. I don’t shy away from responsibility, only the right circumstance, I will aspire for presidency of this country. I have what it takes to be president of this country."

However the former governor, challenged the youths to fully participate in the electoral process by getting their Permanent Voters Cards (PVCs) and sensitising others ahead of 2019 general election.
Duke said, “I hear young people say to me that why would there spend hours queuing and casting their votes when at the end their votes won’t count. And I tell that if their parents conceived them they never gave up on them considering the high mortality rate so why would there not take a chance in building this nation?
“We had young leadership at one stage or the other. Even in our first republic, besides the likes of Awolowo, Tafawa Balewa, M. T. Mbu was in his twenties when he became a minister.

“Gowon was 30 when he became the head of state. It comes back to the disaster therein because most of them didn’t have experience in governance, which led us into war. We need the combination of both.
“What I think we should be doing is to a government that is youth friendly to provide opportunities because we need to groom the next set of leadership.”
The former governor, while rating the activities of the present administration, said, there was disconnection between President Muhammadu Buhari and his cabinet members, adding that: “The challenge we have today is the disconnect. That is the challenge of the governance today. Because if you speak with the folks in government, and I am been candid here.
I think we should stop to deceive ourselves here and stop all these political correctness. There is disconnecting between the president and even the ministers.”

He attributed the failure of governance on the lack of consequences for erring leaders which has given room for incompetence.
African Entertainment previously reported that Former Cross River state governor, Donald Duke, on Thursday, November 2, 2017, criticised President Muhammadu Buhari-led government for rejoicing over Nigeria’s ‘exit’ from recession.

This Day reports that Duke, who said he was broke, also advised the administration to work harder, stating that the masses were yet to feel the development.
Duke sounded a bleak warning that all is not well in Nigeria, despite the September news that the country was out of recession.

https://africanentertainment.info/donald-duke-indicates-interest-to-run-for-president-in-2019/

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Donald Duke Indicates Interest To Run For President In 2019 by Nobody: 3:07am On Jan 16, 2018
The weather ain't cool for his kind

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Donald Duke Indicates Interest To Run For President In 2019 by Hazard94(m): 3:08am On Jan 16, 2018
Lol...
Re: Donald Duke Indicates Interest To Run For President In 2019 by nezzar: 8:20am On Jan 16, 2018
I will surely vote for this man

He's better than all buhari and fulani creatures cool

284 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Donald Duke Indicates Interest To Run For President In 2019 by ProjectNaija(m): 11:33am On Jan 16, 2018
He is certainly the best proven man for the job. He will certainly have my vote.

190 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Donald Duke Indicates Interest To Run For President In 2019 by Built2last: 11:56am On Jan 16, 2018
ok

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Duke Indicates Interest To Run For President In 2019 by lumzybo: 11:56am On Jan 16, 2018
You have my vote sir.

How many LIKES for Donald duke?

I hope his ambition goes beyond the primaries

464 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Donald Duke Indicates Interest To Run For President In 2019 by Aniwhyte(m): 11:56am On Jan 16, 2018
Very good, you have the votes of my entire household sir.

117 Likes

Re: Donald Duke Indicates Interest To Run For President In 2019 by DWJOBScom(m): 11:57am On Jan 16, 2018
and i will support you all the way!

80 Likes

Re: Donald Duke Indicates Interest To Run For President In 2019 by HAH: 11:57am On Jan 16, 2018
He will be like osita chidoka in anambra, he is desirable but election in Nigeria especially governorship and presidential takes more than fine face and good speeches. Hope he is in either APC or PDP because this are the only two political parties with structures that can win election, others are just pretenders

God help him

55 Likes

Re: Donald Duke Indicates Interest To Run For President In 2019 by 4FACEADELEKE(m): 11:57am On Jan 16, 2018
He is a credible candidate, but he have a very tough battle before him,and a lot of hardworking and strategic planning to do.His best shot will be under the PDP but will there give him ticket

30 Likes

Re: Donald Duke Indicates Interest To Run For President In 2019 by ednut1(m): 11:57am On Jan 16, 2018
the same old politicians wey spoil nigeria before---Fela angry

4 Likes

Re: Donald Duke Indicates Interest To Run For President In 2019 by omoharry(f): 11:58am On Jan 16, 2018
If Donald Duke should contest then i will dust my voters card and vote for him..he is the only sane person that is in the picture for now.

143 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Donald Duke Indicates Interest To Run For President In 2019 by Cooladex(m): 11:58am On Jan 16, 2018
smiley
Re: Donald Duke Indicates Interest To Run For President In 2019 by Hunry: 11:58am On Jan 16, 2018
just don't use apc or pdp & you have my vote

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Duke Indicates Interest To Run For President In 2019 by ClintonNzedimma(m): 11:58am On Jan 16, 2018
I'll vote this guy not on sentiment but based on his CV....he did well during his cross river tenure and I'll be proud to have him represent our nation during world events

98 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Donald Duke Indicates Interest To Run For President In 2019 by Ebonyigist: 11:58am On Jan 16, 2018
Oga, come and collect my PVC...I fully support

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Donald Duke Indicates Interest To Run For President In 2019 by Bibidear(f): 11:59am On Jan 16, 2018
I will vote and campaign for him......he is the one Nigeria needs

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Donald Duke Indicates Interest To Run For President In 2019 by eedrissa(m): 11:59am On Jan 16, 2018
OK....
Re: Donald Duke Indicates Interest To Run For President In 2019 by HSfoundation(m): 11:59am On Jan 16, 2018
Atleast someone with some grey matter in the brain is running not all those that are suffering from vascular and Lewy body Dementia...

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Donald Duke Indicates Interest To Run For President In 2019 by flyca: 12:00pm On Jan 16, 2018
Let right thinking people come out in mass and support him. He is far better than Buhari by all qualifications.

And even if he doesn't win, it will send a message to whoever will win.

Enough is Enough!

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Donald Duke Indicates Interest To Run For President In 2019 by Osolo1(m): 12:00pm On Jan 16, 2018
Correct, I don't just want anyone who is Fulani around at the helm of affairs for the next 20 years.

10 Likes

Re: Donald Duke Indicates Interest To Run For President In 2019 by congorasta: 12:00pm On Jan 16, 2018
the same people

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke Indicates Interest To Run For President In 2019 by BenzEne1(m): 12:00pm On Jan 16, 2018
Bibidear:
I will vote and campaign for him......he is the one Nigeria needs

Cus he's a fine bobo...... Weh don ma.....

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Duke Indicates Interest To Run For President In 2019 by eTECTIVe(m): 12:00pm On Jan 16, 2018
Why are Ppl talking about running in 2019?? What's pursuing dem? Where are dey running to?

On a serious note these are d kind of Ppl dat shld b talking about running for president.. Men with a performance track record and ideals.. Atleast his youth and looks will give u hope unlike having a frail looking clueless president whose looks and ideas reminds u of d hopelessness and condition of d Nigerian picture

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Donald Duke Indicates Interest To Run For President In 2019 by emmalord(m): 12:00pm On Jan 16, 2018
it is good decision. Nigeria need good leader not a dictatorship like ......
Hazard94:

Donald Duke, the former governor of Cross River state says that he will contest for presidency in 2019
The former governor notes that he will start the process at the right time
- Duke attributes the failure of governance on the lack of consequences for erring leaders
Former Cross River state governor, Donald Duke, on Sunday night, January 14 in Abuja has said that he will contest to become Nigeria next president in the 2019 general elections, Vanguard reports.
African Entertainment gathered that Duke, who declared his interest at the 3rd Mike Omotosho Annual Lecture titled, “Mellinials as Protagonists in Nation Building,” promised to kick-start the process at the right circumstances.

He said: “I am entitled to run for the presidency of this country. I am entitled to it. Only on right circumstances I will aspire for it. I don’t shy away from responsibility, only the right circumstance, I will aspire for presidency of this country. I have what it takes to be president of this country."

However the former governor, challenged the youths to fully participate in the electoral process by getting their Permanent Voters Cards (PVCs) and sensitising others ahead of 2019 general election.
Duke said, “I hear young people say to me that why would there spend hours queuing and casting their votes when at the end their votes won’t count. And I tell that if their parents conceived them they never gave up on them considering the high mortality rate so why would there not take a chance in building this nation?
“We had young leadership at one stage or the other. Even in our first republic, besides the likes of Awolowo, Tafawa Balewa, M. T. Mbu was in his twenties when he became a minister.

“Gowon was 30 when he became the head of state. It comes back to the disaster therein because most of them didn’t have experience in governance, which led us into war. We need the combination of both.
“What I think we should be doing is to a government that is youth friendly to provide opportunities because we need to groom the next set of leadership.”
The former governor, while rating the activities of the present administration, said, there was disconnection between President Muhammadu Buhari and his cabinet members, adding that: “The challenge we have today is the disconnect. That is the challenge of the governance today. Because if you speak with the folks in government, and I am been candid here.
I think we should stop to deceive ourselves here and stop all these political correctness. There is disconnecting between the president and even the ministers.”

He attributed the failure of governance on the lack of consequences for erring leaders which has given room for incompetence.
African Entertainment previously reported that Former Cross River state governor, Donald Duke, on Thursday, November 2, 2017, criticised President Muhammadu Buhari-led government for rejoicing over Nigeria’s ‘exit’ from recession.

This Day reports that Duke, who said he was broke, also advised the administration to work harder, stating that the masses were yet to feel the development.
Duke sounded a bleak warning that all is not well in Nigeria, despite the September news that the country was out of recession.

https://africanentertainment.info/donald-duke-indicates-interest-to-run-for-president-in-2019/

3 Likes

Re: Donald Duke Indicates Interest To Run For President In 2019 by Annie939(f): 12:01pm On Jan 16, 2018
okay ,2019 is already here.

4 Likes

Re: Donald Duke Indicates Interest To Run For President In 2019 by eliash: 12:01pm On Jan 16, 2018
Atleast he is better than the other 2 old mofos

21 Likes

Re: Donald Duke Indicates Interest To Run For President In 2019 by ignis: 12:01pm On Jan 16, 2018
We need young, prince charming, sweet and handsome men for President.

26 Likes

Re: Donald Duke Indicates Interest To Run For President In 2019 by EkopSparoAyara(m): 12:01pm On Jan 16, 2018
I am overwhelmingly excited about this..

42 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Peter Obi, Oni Of Ife Graces 27th Ofala Festival Of Ukpo, Anambra State-photos / Adeboye Ministers At Rivers Christmas Carol Wike, Wife, Akpabio In Worship Mood / How Juju Arrested PHCN Officials In Osogbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.