Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,213 members, 7,846,025 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

I Call For A Truce!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Call For A Truce!! (869 Views)

I call Ugwuanyi ‘Junior Jim’, says Jim Nwobodo’s wife / Impeachment Threat: APC, PDP Senators Agree To Truce / Npdp Drops Defection Threat, Meets Governors, Others For Truce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Call For A Truce!! by MeanChris(m): 9:23am On Jan 16, 2018
While the Yorubas and the Igbos fight themselves, our counterparts up north are feeding off the strife.

Sometimes, we just have to rise above sentiments to ensure survival. My people down south and probably the MB, I call with a loud voice.. "These men up North do not think like us.. They don't see human blood as sacred" That unfortunately is their peculiarity.

Need to mention, as an Igboman.. I have reservations for the yorubas and I'm 100% sure that if I was Yoruba, I'd also have serious reservations for the Igbos. That is just how it is.. but we can never move forward if we don't rise above our emotions and take the brave decisions.

Please the main thing now is to dethrone Buhari because he seems to be the worst of them all.. All news headlines now can attest to the fact that Buhari does not reason like a conscience having human being.

We have to make peace.. The main stumbling block is another class division of the society. The rich and the poor.. many of us are from the poor category, so let's forget about our leaders who only seek for their own pockets and that of their children. They don't care about us.. It's agrred that we would be the same if we were in their shoes but must we allow life to continue this way because we are all the same?? God forbid, Allah forbid!

On this thread, I want us to use the keyword "Peace", before you write anything.. that's if you agree to this truce.. type peace in bold before commenting.

What I am advocating for is peace between the yorubas and the igbos on this forum, if we can achieve that.. I'm pretty sure it'll go a long way to affect the whole country. We have to bury whatever hatchet we have against each other, should we survive..

Please let's ignore any comment by known sycophants on this forum from either sides.. those ones have succumbed to the violence in the society.

I'll start by saying

"We Yorubas and Igbos are great tribes! We may not be perfect but we value human life and that alone should be a unifying factor. We have our faults and our peculiarities but still if we look at life.. we'll see we have almost the same goal, to live in an ever developing place and time. We are too great to be cowered by men we are greater than in almost everything except maybe in bloodshed. Americans and Germans were arch enemies many years ago, but today there are very good allies. We have to look beyond grudges, beyond emotions, beyond real and perceived hate and we have to come together to unitedly oust Buhari from Aso rock, if that man wins 2019 which is in every way possible, we would have changed our life ideology by 2023 before he leaves office. We may not agree on Atiku, I too don't want Atiku.. We may also not have any alternative but 'any' alternative is better than Buhari, any evil is lesser than this evil.. the evil that does not frown in anyway to the destruction of human life. We have to come together.. let us forget about the past and forge a greater tomorrow. A country with only the great Igbo and Yoruba race alone will lead among others. Our fierce competition will take us the topmost top. Buhari should be the goal that unities us instead of dividing us more and more."

#ThisIsACallForPeace
Please I beg the mods that always delete my topics, please don't delete this one..

Re: I Call For A Truce!! by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:28am On Jan 16, 2018
Nice one but you can't shape what any platform is not ready to offer.
Re: I Call For A Truce!! by MeanChris(m): 9:37am On Jan 16, 2018
Sapiosexuality:
Nice one but you can't shape what any platform is not ready to offer.

My brother, nothing is impossible
Re: I Call For A Truce!! by Stingman: 9:56am On Jan 16, 2018
The only way there can be a truce of the Yorubas to support the Igbos who have suffered for 50 years since the war..

If most of the youths are like Gani Fawehim...Fela and later day guys like FFK and Fayose...the gap of hate would have been reduced drastically.

The Yoruba youths are happy when Igbos are had done by the FG...That is the source of the friction.

They are unhappy when Igbos get anything from the FG...but Igbos don't begrudge them when the FG invest in their region. May be most of these youths are Yoruba Muslims.

Igbos are the only major ethnic group who have never fought the Yorubas in their land...compare to others...but still, they hate Igbos and ready to destroy their markets in their region.

Things will get to normal if the Yorubas become their brother's keeper. The marriages between Igbos and Yorubas is the highest among other ethnic groups in Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Call For A Truce!! by wakaman: 9:57am On Jan 16, 2018
Truly rise, include the northeners make your call for truce all inclusive. Other wise this is just another igbocentric divisive call.

1 Like

Re: I Call For A Truce!! by cursedAbiola(f): 10:04am On Jan 16, 2018
Stingman:
The only way there can be a truce of the Yorubas to support the Igbos who have suffered for 50 years since the war..

If most of the youths are like Gani Fawehim...Fela and later day guys like FFK and Fayose...the gap of hate would have been reduced drastically.

The Yoruba youths are happy when Igbos are had done by the FG...That is the source of the friction.

They are unhappy when Igbos get anything from the FG...but Igbos don't begrudge them when the FG invest in their region. May be most of these youths are Yoruba Muslims.

Igbos are the only major ethnic group who have never fought the Yorubas in their land...compare to others...but still, they hate Igbos and ready to destroy their markets in their region.

Things will get to normal if the Yorubas become their brother's keeper. The marriages between Igbos and Yorubas is the highest among other ethnic groups in Nigeria.
you're right
yerobas are very good people
i have some of them as friends real life
the problem of yerobas are the yeroba Muslims who prefer their northern Muslim brothers to their yeroba brothers
yeroba Muslims are the problem of the world and the good people of yerobas

1 Like

Re: I Call For A Truce!! by MeanChris(m): 10:10am On Jan 16, 2018
Stingman:

Like I said, all our reservations should be kept aside. There's an article I wrote about how great our country can be if we can get a leader that will inspire patriotism, that's the only thing that can save this country. My brother see, one thing.. just one thing can stop this war between the igbos and the yorubas and that thing is accepting, just accepting to give peace a chance. Let us all agree first that we will stop fighting each other and have a common goal

1 Like

Re: I Call For A Truce!! by MeanChris(m): 10:16am On Jan 16, 2018
wakaman:
Truly rise, include the northeners make your call for truce all inclusive. Other wise this is just another igbocentric divisive call.

Very good observation but I'm focusing on the everyday war happening on this forum. Nigeria is too big and too diverse to be united but it's not impossible. See, the North is united that's why they're formidable.. we need an equal formidable South, only then would Nigeria move forward, when anyone has no grievance and even if you have.. you know there's a way of making your voice heard.

[img] https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dqvltb6WoAA7V5E?format=jpg [/img]
Re: I Call For A Truce!! by Stingman: 10:16am On Jan 16, 2018
MeanChris:

Like I said, all our reservations should be kept aside. There's an article I wrote about how great our country can be if we can get a leader that will inspire patriotism, that's the only thing that can save this country. My brother see, one thing.. just one thing can stop this war between the igbos and the yorubas and that thing is accepting, just accepting to give peace a chance. Let us all agree first that we will stop fighting each other and have a common goal

It will be a wishful thinking if you expect the Igbos to keep quiet when the Yoruba mocks them about the 2nd Niger bridge and tried to ambush and kill Stella Oduah for the Akanu Ibiam International airport Enugu....Did Igbos mock them when the FG built the Lagos-Ibadan express road or the 3rd Mainland bridge? The truce should start with them, as they have this horrible attitude...
Re: I Call For A Truce!! by MeanChris(m): 10:18am On Jan 16, 2018
cursedAbiola:

you're right
yerobas are very good people
i have some of them as friends real life
the problem of yerobas are the yeroba Muslims who prefer their northern Muslim brothers to their yeroba brothers
yeroba Muslims are the problem of the world and the good people of yerobas

You're to be ignored but I can only answer you on one thing.. it's Yorubas and not what you wrote up there..

Brother behave!

Please someone should help me with Oga at the top meme
Re: I Call For A Truce!! by MeanChris(m): 10:22am On Jan 16, 2018
Stingman:

It will be a wishful thinking if you expect the Igbos to keep quiet when the Yoruba mocks them about the 2nd Niger bridge and tried to ambush and kill Stella Oduah for the Akanu Ibiam International airport Enugu....Did Igbos mock them when the FG built the Lagos-Ibadan express road or the 3rd Mainland bridge? The truce should start with them, as they have this horrible attitude...

If we are to mention one after the other all reservations we have against each other.. this thread will be the longest ever on NL. We all have grudges but we have a greater responsibility before us. This Truce is necessary, it is highly necessary!
Re: I Call For A Truce!! by wakaman: 10:27am On Jan 16, 2018
MeanChris:

Very good observation but I'm focusing on the everyday war happening on this forum. Nigeria is too big and too diverse to be united but it's not impossible. See, the North is united that's why they're formidable.. we need an equal formidable South, only then would Nigeria move forward, when anyone has no grievance and even if you have.. you know there's a way of making your voice heard.

Bro, there's no we and them, it's just us. You want s truce with one party so to go against another party?
That's an alliance not a truce.
The truth is let's appreciate our differences and grievances wholely and together accommodate all other.
Contrarily the idea of a Yoruba alliance with Igbo over the Hausas is not plausible or possible, the mutual distrust is deep. The case would be quite different for a Yoruba Hausa alliance.
Your truce should be all inclusive otherwise you are towing a deadbeat, that can turn against you and your people.

1 Like

Re: I Call For A Truce!! by MeanChris(m): 10:54am On Jan 16, 2018
wakaman:

Bro, there's no we and them, it's just us. You want s truce with one party so to go against another party?
That's an alliance not a truce.
The truth is let's appreciate our differences and grievances wholely and together accommodate all other.
Contrarily the idea of a Yoruba alliance with Igbo over the Hausas is not plausible or possible, the mutual distrust is deep. The case would be quite different for a Yoruba Hausa alliance.
Your truce should be all inclusive otherwise you are towing a deadbeat, that can turn against you and your people.

All the problems we have in this country affects us all.. I am totally against this government not because of the hardships that came with them but their indifference towards the death of the citizens. Someone might debate that it was this way in the past administration but I have this to say.. We all knew we were fighting terrorists then, it was widely accepted but now, the government is justifying killing as a retaliatory action. It took Buhari nothing to send soldiers on shiites Muslims, it took him nothing to send soldiers on Ipob protesters but we are being adviced to restrain ourselves for the case of rampaging terrorists. I don't even see it as hypocrisy.. I see it as a deliberate and calculated action.

My brother, I wouldn't know how to preach to a northerner about the evil that is Buhari, I don't know how to convince them to vote another candidate.. but I know one thing and it's that it will be for the best that Buhari goes!

Here in the south, I know we all know Buhari should go but maybe our reservations towards one another may blind our eyes.. We need to come together, forget our differences and vote out the disaster Buhari, if not.. We are in for a long thing. It's only wise we do so, that could be one to the many things that'll finally unite us. We need a formidable South for a country like Nigeria, for we to move forward.. North must match South
Re: I Call For A Truce!! by Lloydfather(m): 11:21am On Jan 16, 2018
This thread is not complete until sarrki, deomelo, liondeleo, totti, phyton1 and their gangs members comments, they are the grandfather's of hate speech here.

Anyway I support your call for peace my brother and i pray it makes a positive impact.

Oya SEUN OSEWA do the needful and place this topic permanent FP.
Ngwa Lalasticlala take your tools and push it to FP.
E heen mynd44 start to ban every hate speech detected.

On behave on my Alaba int'l mkt brothers I hereby donate 12000MB's to place this thread permanently on politics section.

I hereby sincerely surrender my assault riffle as my support to embrace peace with my Yoruba counterpart.
Ma ha kwe kwa oooo

Re: I Call For A Truce!! by Sapiosexuality(m): 6:35pm On Jan 16, 2018
MeanChris:

My brother, nothing is impossible
It seems you are new here. Go through this article to understand my point.

http://www.mortalpoet.com/nairaland-nigerias-online-centre/
Re: I Call For A Truce!! by MeanChris(m): 8:20pm On Jan 16, 2018
Sapiosexuality:
It seems you are new here. Go through this article to understand my point.

http://www.mortalpoet.com/nairaland-nigerias-online-centre/

I read the article, very interesting one indeed. The thing is anything that will be used by a largely diverse 'blackman's' society like Nigeria will be very tough to handle. The Nairaland mods though some of them have lost their humanity are really trying. It's not easy to face the millions of frustrated Nigerians coming here everyday..

That been said.. the issue at hand now is much more serious than our many differences in this country. We need to oust Buhari come 2019, it's necessary.. it's highly necessary
Re: I Call For A Truce!! by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:26pm On Jan 16, 2018
MeanChris:

I read the article, very interesting one indeed. The thing is anything that will be used by a largely diverse 'blackman's' society like Nigeria will be very tough to handle. The Nairaland mods though some of them have lost their humanity are really trying. It's not easy to face the millions of frustrated Nigerians coming here everyday..

That been said.. the issue at hand now is much more serious than our many differences in this country. We need to oust Buhari come 2019, it's necessary.. it's highly necessary
No problem but if it is peace you are looking to achieve here you are wasting your time. If you stick around enough you will find out. If it is decorum you are looking for you are wasting your time. If it is logic, respect and commonsense you are looking for you are also wasting your time.
Re: I Call For A Truce!! by JONNYSPUTE(m): 8:36pm On Jan 16, 2018
Let's keep every of our differences aside and work together for the betterment of our born and unborn children. Period. As for me I don't know who is Yoruba,Hausa or Igbo. We are all one if we can understand ourselves and fight for a common goal.
Re: I Call For A Truce!! by ChidiAlaigbo: 8:38pm On Jan 16, 2018
Igbo looking for soft landing. They keep shouting South this South that. We are Yorubas........and thats it! Finish!

3 Likes

Re: I Call For A Truce!! by MeanChris(m): 9:51pm On Jan 16, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:
Igbo looking for soft landing. They keep shouting South this South that. We are Yorubas........and thats it! Finish!

Please go and read the 8th paragraph..
Re: I Call For A Truce!! by gists: 10:05pm On Jan 16, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:
You didn't add the fact that they are trying to find their ways into the mind of the Yoruba Christians. Labeling the Yoruba muslims as the betrayers. But they really can't hide their true colours. They will soon remember Awolowo, Benjamin Adekunle and other Youba heros and they will start cursing the entire Yoruba race again (Muslim/Christian/Traditionalists) .

But we Yorubas will alway remain friendly to ALL friendly people - be it Fellow Yorubas, Peace loving and respective Igbos, Tivs, Ibibios, Ijaws, Itshekiris, Binis, Hausas, Fulanis (I know the last two groups in my list will burn the stomach of ibop yoots) of every faith.

And on the flip side, we will bash any disrespectful ibop flat--head.

1 Like

Re: I Call For A Truce!! by EazyMoh(m): 10:54pm On Jan 16, 2018
Why can't your so called peace talk include every Nigerian from any part of the country irrespective of their ethnicity?
Unity shall be based on love of one another, not hate for others.

1 Like

Re: I Call For A Truce!! by EazyMoh(m): 11:00pm On Jan 16, 2018
MeanChris:

You're to be ignored but I can only answer you on one thing.. it's Yorubas and not what you wrote up there..

Brother behave!

Please someone should help me with Oga at the top meme
There you go!

Re: I Call For A Truce!! by Alariiwo: 11:28pm On Jan 16, 2018
EazyMoh:
Why can't your so called peace talk include every Nigerian from any part of the country irrespective of their ethnicity?
Unity shall be based on love of one another, not hate for others.

Help me ask them o..

They want Yorubas to roll with only Igbos and hate others which can never work.

Same thing Zik tried back then.. To make Yorubas see Northerners as enemies while they go behind to form alliance with North.

If Igbos can't look for peace with every other tribe in Nigeria, they should stay on their own.
Noone needs them.

4 Likes

Re: I Call For A Truce!! by MeanChris(m): 5:13am On Jan 17, 2018
H
Re: I Call For A Truce!! by MeanChris(m): 5:15am On Jan 17, 2018
Alariiwo:

Help me ask them o..

They want Yorubas to roll with only Igbos and hate others which can never work.

Same thing Zik tried back then.. To make Yorubas see Northerners as enemies while they go behind to form alliance with North.

If Igbos can't look for peace with every other tribe in Nigeria, they should stay on their own.
Noone needs them.

I'm not in anyway instigating hate against any tribe, please on a clearing note.. I'm not calling for the gathering of hateful people or for a hateful agenda.

The fight to oust Buhari from Aso Rock does not have a hateful motivation rather it is a fight to at least save several human lives in the coming years.

Like I said before, I'm calling on people I can relate with.. anybody still supporting Buhari whether he/she is Hausa or Yoruba or Igbo is supposed to be avoided and I can't relate with the person.

This username (Alariwo) is known to support Buhari and ever since you registered which hasn't been so long, you have been creating hateful topics and making hateful posts. Bros, I cannot be dragged down to your position.. Buhari will go by God's grace and a govt that will fight for it's people will be raised up, maybe by then.. you may return to reality and help to build a better Nigeria.

Let me repeat again, we cannot move forward if we cling to our reservations against one another. My mum's twin sister died in the civil war, the village was shelled and it tore her into two. She still talks about it, you know sometimes. That and many other heart breaking events happened during the war and throughout our short history but all that should slide so that at least peace can reign.

I am changing my message to call upon all Nigerians. All peace loving Nigerians.. if we don't fight vehemently.. Buhari will win in 2019 and we will continue to sink deep and deep until we'll accept that change begins with us by probably even thanking them when they lie to us and deprave us of human dignity.

This action of resting the entire security arm of the country on a particular tribe is highly, highly dangerous. Do you know that no policeman or soldier has ever been prosecuted for shooting someone at a protest.. what then will deter another from shooting someone else tomorrow when he protests.. There are a lot of issues facing this country but when we have a leader, the number 1 citizen openly displaying hate and callousness.. that's a bigger problem.

Buhari must go!
It's a task for all peace loving Nigerians

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Kwara North Marginilization / Fatima Dangote And Her Fiance Jamil Abubakar Release Stunning Pre-wedding Photos / Senator’s Total Take Home Is N1,063,860:00 Monthly ― RMAFC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.