Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,655 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

Stop Ibb Help Us - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Ibb Help Us (1618 Views)

Erosion Destroys Major Road In Kaduna Community - Help Us / IBB, OBJ Clash / Who Killed Dele Giwa? Was IBB Involved? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Ibb Help Us by Kobojunkie: 11:54pm On Apr 14, 2010
dell_net:

@kobojunkie I know in Nigeria that if projects are not started they go in vain. The allocation of a certain qouta of the government revenue to go into the development of Abuja was commenced by his regime.

3rd mainland bridge was constructed by Julius Berger one of the best construction company in the world and the major construction company in Nigeria. It being a commercial company I can provide prove that the bridge never had potholes in less than a year of its construction.

Forgone the dead ofcourse if I can clearly remember human rights were introduced to Nigeria at his time.

You will fail with your petition if you will bring claims that you cannot prove.

Oh!! Feel free to regale us with this proof please. I would like to see it myself considering not much is accessible from where I sit on the issue.
Re: Stop Ibb Help Us by cap28: 11:59pm On Apr 14, 2010
dell_net:

@cap28 I would really want a standard and modern day society for Nigeria.

well you sure as hell aint gonna get it if you allow IBB in, we want a good country with accountable leaders but we are not willing to make any sacrifices in order to acheive it, every country on this earth that has good leadership had to fight to get it.
Re: Stop Ibb Help Us by dellnet: 12:06am On Apr 15, 2010
@kobojunkie you are bringing some claims that would destroy the reputation of that petition back there. I dont want to do it. Let it slide.
Re: Stop Ibb Help Us by dellnet: 12:09am On Apr 15, 2010
cap28:

well you sure as hell aint gonna get it if you allow IBB in, we want a good country with accountable leaders but we are not willing to make any sacrifices in order to acheive it, every country on this earth that has good leadership had to fight to get it.

Nigerians are not trying anything to make it better. Hell I just migrated. There is this thing that blows through my mind that you cant build on a false platter. Example is african states.
Re: Stop Ibb Help Us by Kobojunkie: 12:11am On Apr 15, 2010
dell_net:

@kobojunkie you are bringing some claims that would destroy the reputation of that petition back there. I dont want to do it. Let it slide.

I am not sure a BRIDGE will suddenly change people's minds on IBB. Please post the proof so we can all read, or do you want all information to be considered here?
Re: Stop Ibb Help Us by dellnet: 12:14am On Apr 15, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I am not sure a BRIDGE will suddenly change people's minds on IBB. Please post the proof so we can all read, or do you want all information to be considered here?
well you dont know much about Average Nigerians a tar can go a long way needless to talk about a bridge like that.
Re: Stop Ibb Help Us by Kobojunkie: 12:17am On Apr 15, 2010
dell_net:

well you dont know much about Average Nigerians a tar can go a long way needless to talk about a bridge like that.

Sure, now please provide the proof so we can make up our minds on our own please.
Re: Stop Ibb Help Us by dellnet: 12:21am On Apr 15, 2010
like I said I am for a better Nigeria and we have made couple of points here; IBB or not. I want the petition to go on probably even more stronger.

Which side are you on?
Re: Stop Ibb Help Us by Kobojunkie: 12:36am On Apr 15, 2010
Are you going to provide this proof or not? I have no fear of information . . . I welcome it as I believe it is best that we EDUCATE, and INFORM ourselves of what is going on rather than continue to act out of ignorance and arrogance. If you have information that is vital to helping people make better situations, petition or no petition, present it. If not, then please state so we do not waste each others time any longer.
Re: Stop Ibb Help Us by dellnet: 12:40am On Apr 15, 2010
kobojunkie can you just let this petition slide. You know this whole election thing is programmed IBB or NOT, petition or Not, evidence or Not we are all in it together.
Re: Stop Ibb Help Us by OAM4J: 3:19am On Apr 15, 2010
Kobojunkie link=topic=429383:

In my opinion, except one decides to take the violent route, the only way to stop this man is to educate people on the reality of what we do if we allow him in. We have a democracy now and rule of law needs to be followed. Except a court somewhere can stop him from running, I doubt anyone can do anything about him running.

Kobojunkie I have to agree with you here. I keep seeing this campaign all over the internet and I wonder if this is the right step.

IBB has every right to contest, but we also have the right not to vote for him. In fact I want IBB to contest and lose

For me the only way to stop him is not to prevent him from contesting, but to tell Nigerians not to vote for him and to educate Nigerians on how to defend their votes and ensure their votes count.
Re: Stop Ibb Help Us by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 15, 2010
@dell_net
SHAME ON YOU!!![size=12pt][/size]

@OAM4J
The problem with Nigeria is that every election since 1970 has been rigged in favour of the candidate able to pay the biggest bribes. IBB has the deepest pockets and can easily bribe himself to the presidency.

We as Nigerians must do all we can to rise up against him and our whole corrupt system of government. We have it in our power we just need to mobilise the masses.
Re: Stop Ibb Help Us by OAM4J: 3:37pm On Apr 16, 2010
GenBuhari:

@OAM4J
The problem with Nigeria is that every election since 1970 has been rigged in favour of the candidate able to pay the biggest bribes. IBB has the deepest pockets and can easily bribe himself to the presidency.

We as Nigerians must do all we can to rise up against him and our whole corrupt system of government. We have it in our power we just need to mobilise the masses.

The masses suceeded in Edo, Lagos, Ondo and some few other places. We can succeed everywhere with good mass orientation/education and determination
Re: Stop Ibb Help Us by oparabn: 12:18pm On Apr 30, 2010
I am Legal Practitioner and also an Author of many Books (Book Writer). I have devoted my time for the past 13 years in making constant research in the public and private libraries, newspapers and magazines, internet, among others, while look for solutions for Nigeria’s economic, political and social problems. Indeed, I have finally gotten solutions to my nation’s (Nigeria) economic, political problems as contained in my books thus: THE FOUNDATION FOR A NEW UNITED NIGERIA,GUARDIANSHIP OF NIGERIAN DEMOCRACY, REVIVAL OF NIGERIA’S ECONOMIC POWER,JUNE 12, 1993 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION, THE FOCUS OF A VISIONARY LEADER IN NIGERIA, SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA.
President Ibrahim Babangida is the redeemer of Nigerian democracy. He should come back to power by 2011 as the President of Nigeria and continue his good work for Nigeria. The truth is that the circumstances surrounding the conduct and cancellation of June 12, 1993 Presidential Election can never destroy great achievements made by President Ibrahim Babangida’s regime.
The Highlight of General Ibrahim Babangida’s achievements while in office has proved that his regime witnessed a whirlwind of activities, and more policy initiatives and fiscal measures than all other past regimes in the country. Some of his achievements include:
The establishment of new Universities and Polytechnics.
The movement of Federal Capital from Lagos to Abuja.
The reorganization of the Nigeria Police into seven Zonal Operation Areas.
The unemployment grant to States for agricultural programmes and vocational skills.
Establishment of Mass Mobilization for Self-Reliance Social Justice and Economic Recovery (MAMSER).
A 46-member Panel to review the 1979 Constitution.
The creation of Akwa Ibom, Katsina, Abia, Anambra, Delta, Jigawa, Kebbi, Kogi, Osun, Yobe and Taraba States and over 136 new Local Government Areas with take off grants.
Direct funding of Local Government Areas from the Federal Government to make them autonomous.
National Agricultural Land Development Authority (NALDA).
National Orientation Agency (NOA) formerly known as the ‘‘Mass Mobilization for Self-Reliance Social Justice and Economic Recovery’’ (MAMSER).
National Directorate of Employment (NDE).
Federal Environment Protection Agency (FEPA).
Lagos Third Mainland Bridge.
Federal Urban Mass Transit programme.
The 1991 National Population Census (NPC).
National Women Commission.
The Directorate of Food, Roads and Rural Infrastructure (DIFRRI).
Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC).
National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS).
National Housing Fund.
Commission of the Onne Fertilizer Plant in Rivers State.
The 260 million dollars Petrol Chemical Plant in Kaduna.
Establishment of four (4) bodies in one day National Population Commission,
National Revenue Mobilization Commission, Code of Conduct Bureau and Code of Conduct Tribunal.
NNPC Escravos- Lagos Gas Pipeline at Egbin,
National Electoral Commission (NPC).
Elesa Eleme Refinery in River State.
Children Trust Fund.
Resumed diplomatic relations with Israel
Central Bank Autonomy Decree,
Others were: NAFDAC; Ecomog; Reduction of import duties on newsprint, etc.
In fact, the list of achievements made by President Ibrahim Babangida’s regime is endless and it cannot be exhausted here (in this book), but more can be found in other books written by this Author entitled: “Guardianship of Nigerian Democracy”-foreword by President Ibrahim Babangida and also “The Foundation for a New United Nigeria”
08062723355, 08054161961 (parabarth@yahoo.co.uk)
Re: Stop Ibb Help Us by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 30, 2010
but whatever u, don't vote ibb
Re: Stop Ibb Help Us by oparabn: 10:32am On May 14, 2010
I am Legal Practitioner and also an Author of many Books (Book Writer). I have devoted my time for the past 13 years in making constant research in the public and private libraries, newspapers and magazines, internet, among others, while look for solutions for Nigeria’s economic, political and social problems. Indeed, I have finally gotten solutions to my nation’s (Nigeria) economic, political problems as contained in my books thus: THE FOUNDATION FOR A NEW UNITED NIGERIA,GUARDIANSHIP OF NIGERIAN DEMOCRACY, REVIVAL OF NIGERIA’S ECONOMIC POWER,JUNE 12, 1993 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION, THE FOCUS OF A VISIONARY LEADER IN NIGERIA, SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA.
President Ibrahim Babangida is the redeemer of Nigerian democracy. He should come back to power by 2011 as the President of Nigeria and continue his good work for Nigeria. The truth is that the circumstances surrounding the conduct and cancellation of June 12, 1993 Presidential Election can never destroy great achievements made by President Ibrahim Babangida’s regime.
The Highlight of General Ibrahim Babangida’s achievements while in office has proved that his regime witnessed a whirlwind of activities, and more policy initiatives and fiscal measures than all other past regimes in the country. Some of his achievements include:
The establishment of new Universities and Polytechnics.
The movement of Federal Capital from Lagos to Abuja.
The reorganization of the Nigeria Police into seven Zonal Operation Areas.
The unemployment grant to States for agricultural programmes and vocational skills.
Establishment of Mass Mobilization for Self-Reliance Social Justice and Economic Recovery (MAMSER).
A 46-member Panel to review the 1979 Constitution.
The creation of Akwa Ibom, Katsina, Abia, Anambra, Delta, Jigawa, Kebbi, Kogi, Osun, Yobe and Taraba States and over 136 new Local Government Areas with take off grants.
Direct funding of Local Government Areas from the Federal Government to make them autonomous.
National Agricultural Land Development Authority (NALDA).
National Orientation Agency (NOA) formerly known as the ‘‘Mass Mobilization for Self-Reliance Social Justice and Economic Recovery’’ (MAMSER).
National Directorate of Employment (NDE).
Federal Environment Protection Agency (FEPA).
Lagos Third Mainland Bridge.
Federal Urban Mass Transit programme.
The 1991 National Population Census (NPC).
National Women Commission.
The Directorate of Food, Roads and Rural Infrastructure (DIFRRI).
Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC).
National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS).
National Housing Fund.
Commission of the Onne Fertilizer Plant in Rivers State.
The 260 million dollars Petrol Chemical Plant in Kaduna.
Establishment of four (4) bodies in one day National Population Commission,
National Revenue Mobilization Commission, Code of Conduct Bureau and Code of Conduct Tribunal.
NNPC Escravos- Lagos Gas Pipeline at Egbin,
National Electoral Commission (NPC).
Elesa Eleme Refinery in River State.
Children Trust Fund.
Resumed diplomatic relations with Israel
Central Bank Autonomy Decree,
Others were: NAFDAC; Ecomog; Reduction of import duties on newsprint, etc.
In fact, the list of achievements made by President Ibrahim Babangida’s regime is endless and it cannot be exhausted here (in this book), but more can be found in other books written by this Author entitled: “Guardianship of Nigerian Democracy”-foreword by President Ibrahim Babangida and also “The Foundation for a New United Nigeria”
08062723355, 08054161961 (parabarth@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Stop Ibb Help Us by Dede1(m): 7:57pm On May 14, 2010
If IBB runs for any elective office in today’s Nigeria, IBB shall secure my vote for simple reason that he annulled the June 12, 1993 election. Any group of people that elected MKO Abiola to a position of dog catcher does not deserve a roof over its head.
Re: Stop Ibb Help Us by Katsumoto: 8:01pm On May 14, 2010
Dede1:

If IBB runs for any elective office in today’s Nigeria, IBB shall secure my vote for simple reason that he annulled the June 12, 1993 election. Any group of people that elected MKO Abiola to a position of dog catcher does not deserve a roof over its head.

Yeah, cut your nose to spite your face. That always has a happy ending.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Presidential Race Declaration: Gej Caught In Plagiarism / Beaf: The President Have Power To Sack The Cbn Chairman Without The Senate / Wikileaks On Obasanjo:he Was More Corrupt Than Abacha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.