Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

Nigeria Ranks The Second Worst Country In Electricity Supply In 2017 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Ranks The Second Worst Country In Electricity Supply In 2017 (28299 Views)

NASS Halts Planned Hike In Electricity Tariffs / NERC Suspends Increase In Electricity Tariff Till July / IMF Ranks Nigeria Second Worst In The World In Use Of Sovereign Wealth Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Ranks The Second Worst Country In Electricity Supply In 2017 by skallion7(m): 8:04pm On Jan 17, 2018
AngelicBeing:
Gbam, Nigeria is a useless country grin
And family live in the useless country

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranks The Second Worst Country In Electricity Supply In 2017 by Mcslize: 9:27pm On Jan 17, 2018
lasisi69:
Mehn !!! GHANA is not even on the list... But, I dey get light my side sha

You call that one light bro? We talking of 24 hours light which Nigeria will never achieve any time soon.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranks The Second Worst Country In Electricity Supply In 2017 by PinocchioDMZ: 9:40pm On Jan 17, 2018
Second! Nigeria should be number 1.

God help this country.
Re: Nigeria Ranks The Second Worst Country In Electricity Supply In 2017 by lasisi69(f): 9:58pm On Jan 17, 2018
Mcslize:

You call that one light bro? We talking of 24 hours light which Nigeria will never achieve any time soon.
lol... I give up

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranks The Second Worst Country In Electricity Supply In 2017 by timwudz(m): 10:08pm On Jan 17, 2018
Entvibez:
The country’s energy situation is so bad that it was only better than Yemen, a war-torn country, in 2017.

Fashola during visitation to the Mainland Independent Power Project, Lagos (Techpoint)

Nigeria has been ranked the second worst country in power/electricity supply in 2017. This is as the country was only able to supply a daily average of 3,851 megawatts (MW) to its 180 million population.

According to a report by the Spectator Index, the electricity supply in 137 countries were examined and Yemen ranked the worst nation. Nigeria, Haiti, Lebanon and Malawi followed the war-torn middle east country to make a list of top 5 countries with worst electricity supply in the year under review.

Other African economies that ranked high on the list are Ethiopia 37 position, South Africa 41st and Algeria 45th.
Other report validating the ranking

Advisory Power Team (APT) also reported that the total electricity distributed by Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) as at January 14, 2018, stood at 3, 851.06mw. A report which confirms the assessment of the rating company.

“On January 14, 2018, average power sent out was 3,851MWh/hour (down by 169MWh/h from the previous day). 1437.9MW was not generated due to unavailability of gas," said the APT report.

“0MW was not generated due to unavailability of line infrastructure, while 680.5MW was not generated due to high frequency resulting from the unavailability of distribution infrastructure. 290MW was not generated due to unavailability of water.”

Meanwhile, the Advisory Power Team report showed that the current capacity of Nigeria’s national grid is 4, 000 MW.

Source=>>> http://www.lekkigists.com.ng/2018/01/nigeria-ranks-second-worst-country-in.html?m=1
Naija na number 1.. Yemen, number 2. Buhari coman see corruption
Re: Nigeria Ranks The Second Worst Country In Electricity Supply In 2017 by Myhn: 10:18pm On Jan 17, 2018
Yes this is the change we all voted for and it is marvelous in our sight. grin
Re: Nigeria Ranks The Second Worst Country In Electricity Supply In 2017 by AngelicBeing: 10:25pm On Jan 17, 2018
skallion7:
And family live in the useless country
Buzz off kid and go end your miserable life, l stand with trump, Nigeria is a useless country and should be auctioned off on eBay, my last response to you angry

Re: Nigeria Ranks The Second Worst Country In Electricity Supply In 2017 by skallion7(m): 10:33pm On Jan 17, 2018
AngelicBeing:
Buzz off kid and go end your miserable life, l stand with trump, Nigeria is a useless country and should be auctioned off on eBay, my last response to you angry
Dont blame yhu..whn ya destiny is already out of yur hands wah can yhu do... Frustrated retard,, lmao

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Ranks The Second Worst Country In Electricity Supply In 2017 by makydebbie(f): 10:34pm On Jan 17, 2018
I cannnnnnnnnnnoooooootttt laugh oh. grin grin grin

I remember my holiday in Nigeria this year, imagine calling Nepa to ask them why I didn't get light for some hours that day. And the idiot who picked the call actually asked me "who you epp?". I felt stupid that day smh.
Re: Nigeria Ranks The Second Worst Country In Electricity Supply In 2017 by skallion7(m): 10:35pm On Jan 17, 2018
AngelicBeing:
cant blame yhu.. Comin frm som1 whose desting is already out his hands,,, frustrated whoreson.. Lmao!!!
Re: Nigeria Ranks The Second Worst Country In Electricity Supply In 2017 by AngelicBeing: 10:36pm On Jan 17, 2018
skallion7:
Dont blame yhu..whn ya destiny is already out of yur hands wah can yhu do... Frustrated retard,, lmao
You and your entire lineage and generations are slow pokers and you all have demented brain, deal with it, Nigeria is a useless country filled with demented people like you, nonsense grin
Re: Nigeria Ranks The Second Worst Country In Electricity Supply In 2017 by Shaev7(m): 10:39pm On Jan 17, 2018
I thought is No. 1
Am sure it was not properly selected. I trust my country, its No. 1 on that kind of thing.
Re: Nigeria Ranks The Second Worst Country In Electricity Supply In 2017 by skallion7(m): 10:40pm On Jan 17, 2018
AngelicBeing:
You and your entire lineage and generations are slow pokers and you all have demented brain, deal with it, Nigeria is a useless country filled with demented people like you, nonsense grin
yhu re delusional yhu pillock,, dumderhead numskull moongrel

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranks The Second Worst Country In Electricity Supply In 2017 by makky555(f): 10:41pm On Jan 17, 2018
I thought we are the first sef... Only a matter of time Shaa... Next year I'm sure we'd be ranked no. 1 grin grin
Re: Nigeria Ranks The Second Worst Country In Electricity Supply In 2017 by makky555(f): 10:43pm On Jan 17, 2018
Shaev7:
I thought is No. 1
Am sure it was not properly selected. I trust my country, its No. 1 on that kind of thing.

Get out of my head smiley
Re: Nigeria Ranks The Second Worst Country In Electricity Supply In 2017 by AngelicBeing: 10:45pm On Jan 17, 2018
skallion7:
l and my generation are delusional yhu pillock,, dumderhead numskull moongrel
No wonder, I didn't know, take care and continue your psychiatric treatment grin
Re: Nigeria Ranks The Second Worst Country In Electricity Supply In 2017 by makky555(f): 10:45pm On Jan 17, 2018
[quote author=Ceejay8 post=64282527]In my next world, GOD I WILL LOVE TO BE A NIGERIAN,We are always 1st or 2nd[/quote
You're an evil somebody grin grin

Go joor

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranks The Second Worst Country In Electricity Supply In 2017 by 3kay945(m): 10:47pm On Jan 17, 2018
Generalkaycee:
Republic of Shithole... We dey represent wella
grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranks The Second Worst Country In Electricity Supply In 2017 by skallion7(m): 10:48pm On Jan 17, 2018
AngelicBeing:
No wonder, I didn't know, take care and continue your psychiatric treatment grin
yhu shld knw dahs izza typographical error
Re: Nigeria Ranks The Second Worst Country In Electricity Supply In 2017 by blacknp(m): 10:56pm On Jan 17, 2018
otabuko:
Buhari, Buhari, Buhari. Nothing is working under Buhari. Nothing will work under Buhari. Nothing will ever work under Buhari.

The red card movement.
When Jonathan sold the Power sector to quacks,what do you expect?is Buhari your father?since you were born what has any Government done for you?

The power sector has been deregulated to a large extent,where is the States & Local Governments own master plan?or you are waiting on the Federal Government to give you electricity from Abuja?

Please go to Daura Katsina State and see the electricity situation there before you start your crocodile tears wailing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Ranks The Second Worst Country In Electricity Supply In 2017 by blacknp(m): 11:03pm On Jan 17, 2018
asdfjklhaha:
And some people are ready to vote buhari next year
It takes an Army to build a Nation only a Fool waits for 1 man. It is a democratic system of Government we operate not a Military,The Federal Government is made up of both the Presidency(Executive) and the National House of Assembly (Legislature).

So please stop all these President Buhari talk,for lack of knowledge my people perish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Ranks The Second Worst Country In Electricity Supply In 2017 by Rick9(m): 12:07am On Jan 18, 2018
It should be first
Re: Nigeria Ranks The Second Worst Country In Electricity Supply In 2017 by Rick9(m): 12:09am On Jan 18, 2018
But in Germany, they pay citizens to consume light.
Re: Nigeria Ranks The Second Worst Country In Electricity Supply In 2017 by SouthEastFacts: 12:17am On Jan 18, 2018
GavelSlam:

You know I've been very patient with you.

The stats are there from a reliable source not some muddy Twitter account.

For your information i earn more than 60k daily much as I am loathe to admit it.

1.8 million naira monthly? Divide that amount by 30k BMC salary and you will discover you need 60 Nairaland monikers. Managing 60 monikers must be really hard on you.
Re: Nigeria Ranks The Second Worst Country In Electricity Supply In 2017 by GavelSlam: 12:18am On Jan 18, 2018
SouthEastFacts:

1.8 million naira monthly? Divide that amount by 30k BMC salary and you will discover you need 60 Nairaland monikers. Managing 60 monikers must be really hard on you.

And how would I manage that?

Don't blame me for being ahead of you in on the earnings ladder.

Just work hard.
Re: Nigeria Ranks The Second Worst Country In Electricity Supply In 2017 by ArikeBooks: 12:23am On Jan 18, 2018
#NAIJAWhichWay?
Re: Nigeria Ranks The Second Worst Country In Electricity Supply In 2017 by nkemjacob2(m): 12:47am On Jan 18, 2018
skallion7:
And u live in the shithole
do we have option... Wen ur stupid leader has made it so
Re: Nigeria Ranks The Second Worst Country In Electricity Supply In 2017 by AuroraB(f): 2:39am On Jan 18, 2018
lasisi69:
Mehn !!! GHANA is not even on the list... But, I dey get light my side sha
Keep quiet. Citizen of shithole angry
Your type is the reason things are this way undecided
Re: Nigeria Ranks The Second Worst Country In Electricity Supply In 2017 by hopilo: 3:53am On Jan 18, 2018
Yemen at war, destroying their amenities and we are at peace then Syria at war still enjoying electricity. What a shithole
Re: Nigeria Ranks The Second Worst Country In Electricity Supply In 2017 by raphaeladeyele: 5:34am On Jan 18, 2018
wao
Re: Nigeria Ranks The Second Worst Country In Electricity Supply In 2017 by Nonaira1: 6:06am On Jan 18, 2018
Nigeria=the shithole zoo

Sai buhari

Shitty shitty shithole. Well done, you've done it again.
Re: Nigeria Ranks The Second Worst Country In Electricity Supply In 2017 by SouthEastFacts: 6:09am On Jan 18, 2018
GavelSlam:

And how would I manage that?

Don't blame me for being ahead of you in on the earnings ladder.

Just work hard.
Lol. On Nairaland everybody is richer than Bill Gate. Flex your mouth, na you get am.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boko Haram Plans To Use Mechanics, Car Wash Centers To Plant Bombs In Cars / PHOTOS: Jonathan Leaves Nigeria For Zambia / Shehu Sani's Father, Muhammad Sani Hassan In 1972 (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.