Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,303 members, 7,819,025 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Notable American Business Men Who Are Tithers. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Notable American Business Men Who Are Tithers. (3812 Views)

Tithers And Seed Sowers Like Us "Na Blessing And Favour Dey Rush Us"~ Obiwest / Daddy Freeze And His Free The Sheeple Movement Against Pastors & Tithers / Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Notable American Business Men Who Are Tithers. by mayorall(m): 9:04pm On Jan 17, 2018
CHAPTER 9 PRINCIPLE OF TITHING

(Starting your own business with biblical principles by Caleb Mcafee)

Are you aware that many men who founded some of today’s great companies were godly men who were faithful titters? Let’s look at some of their inspiring stories.

Quaker Oats company

Does the name Henry P. Crowell sound familiar to you? How about the company he founded –Quaker Oats? While yet a young man Crowell heard a sermon by Dwight L.Moody.He made a remarkable commitment to the lord. He said ‘’I can’t be a preacher, but I can be a good businessman. ‘‘HE prayed,’’if you will let me make money, I will use it in your service. ‘He bought a little run-down mill called Quaker Mill. Within ten years folk everywhere knew about Quaker Oats. Not only did he faithfully tithe but it is reported that he gave far beyond the tithe and funded the Lord’s work for over forty years.

Colgate Palmolive company

Who hasn’t heard of the Colgate Palmolive Company? Do you know that a tither founded it? William Colgate left home when just a teenager. He felt that his father was too poor to keep him. With his only belonging tied in a bundle he was leaving home to lessen the financial burden on his parents. He explained to the old man that the only trade he knew was soap and candle making. The old captain knelt and prayed for the lad and then looked him in the eye and said,’ someone will soon be the leading soap maker in New York. it can be you. Be a good man, give your heart to Christ, pay the lord all that belongs to him, make an honest soap, give a full pound and I’m certain you’ll be a prosperous and rich man.’ Those words apparently made a strong impression on him.
He tithed from the first dollar he made as an Employee. Soon he was made partner of the company he worked for and ultimately became the owner of the business. He, like Henry Crowell gave far 20%to 30%to40%to 50% and finally he was giving all his income. He gave million to the lord’s work. Think about that.

John D'Rockefeller, Sr

Some of today’s well-know wealthy families initially gained their wealth when the patriarch of the family committed to tithing. Take the Rockefellers as an example. Listen to John D.Rockefeller Sr.’s own words:
‘’Yes I tithe and I would like to tell you how it all came about.i had to begin work as a small boy to help support my mother. My first wages amounted to $1.50 per week. The first week after I went to work, I took the $1.50 home to my mother and she held the money in her lap and explained to me that she would be happy if I would give a tenth of it to the lord. I did, and from that week until day I have tithed every dollar God has entrusted to me. And I want to say, if I had not tithed the first dollar I made, I would not have tithed the first million dollars I made’’ Today the heirs of many of these great industrialists may have wandered far from the principle that created such enormous wealth and influence. Many of their companies are now publicly held and the stockholders don’t have a clue that they are still reaping a harvest of the righteous acts of their founders. To sustain such success and blessing there needs to be a rediscovering of the principle of putting God first and building a business as a way of seeking the kingdom of God.

R.G.LeTourneau

My father was particularly impressed by R.G.LeTourneau was the creator and manufacturer of giant earth-moving machinery. As my dad would receive the offering at the church he pastured he was fond of referring to Letourneau as a man who could not out give God. Before the end of his illustrious career this manufacturer would reverses the percentages and give God 90%and retain 10% for himself.
I remember that my parents received a regular publication from the charitable foundation Letourneau started and funded with 90% of the stock of his corporation. Each month the publication would show pictures of the monster machine, some weighing as much as 200,000 pounds and each newsletter always incorporate tithing because Letourneau attributed his great success to it. Before his death in 1969 he had contributed million and million of dollars to
Othet Notable Tithers

We could go on and on and list names like J.L.Kraft of the Kraft cheese company, Wallace Johnson, the founder of holiday inns, or the founder of Welch’s grape juice. Each of these godly businessmen was committed to tithing and I firmly believe that was the key to their outstanding success legacy.
When the issue of tithing as applied to the small business is raised, many opinions abound. Often the small business operator is left in a dilemma. Should he or she tithe on gross revenues, net profit, salary taken or taxable gain? This chapter should help you answer this question.

Benefits of Tithing

God specifically promises that tithing will open the flood gates of heaven and provide an abundance of blessing.
Careful research of God’s word reveals there is not a single scripture commanding obedience to the tithe or giving that does not, in the context couple that command with a blessing to those who comply. The blessings are manifold. Prominent among the rewards of tithing listed in Malachi 3 is God ‘s promise that he will rebuke whatever devours, devalues or destroy.

1 Like

Re: Notable American Business Men Who Are Tithers. by eezeribe(m): 9:16pm On Jan 17, 2018
OK
Re: Notable American Business Men Who Are Tithers. by tartar9(m): 9:26pm On Jan 17, 2018
grin
Re: Notable American Business Men Who Are Tithers. by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 17, 2018
Notable Americans who do not tithe and are actually the richest on the planet

Warren Buffett $73.1 billion.
Bill Gates $86 billion
Koch Brothers $41 billion
Jeff Bezos circa $100 billion
Mark Zuckerberg' $74 billion
Amancio Ortega Gaona $67 billion

......and dozens of other billionaires across the world who do not tithe, and thousands of millionaires across the world who do not tithe and millions of thousandaires who do not tithe and billions of working to middle-class people who do not tithe.

cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Notable American Business Men Who Are Tithers. by ipobarecriminals: 9:40pm On Jan 17, 2018
sad Nobody force anybody to give/pay tithe.God/Pastors will not club u to death for not paying tithe. I pity peep that listen to dat lucifer Freeze.God and his words are one/unbreakable

3 Likes

Re: Notable American Business Men Who Are Tithers. by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 17, 2018
Some of the most broke people are tithe payers in these fake Nigerian churches.

1 Like

Re: Notable American Business Men Who Are Tithers. by mayorall(m): 9:48pm On Jan 17, 2018
frosbel2:
Some of the most broke people are tithe payers in these fake Nigerian churches.

I have never seen any poverty stricken committed tither....

1 Like

Re: Notable American Business Men Who Are Tithers. by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 17, 2018
mayorall:

Look well, there are millions in Nigeria, you just choose to look the other way!

I personally do not pay the tithe and I am very comfortable - go figure that
Re: Notable American Business Men Who Are Tithers. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:03pm On Jan 17, 2018
frosbel2:
Notable Americans who do not tithe and are actually the richest on the planet

Warren Buffett $73.1 billion.
Bill Gates $86 billion
Koch Brothers $41 billion
Jeff Bezos circa $100 billion
Mark Zuckerberg' $74 billion
Amancio Ortega Gaona $67 billion

......and dozens of other billionaires across the world who do not tithe, and thousands of millionaires across the world who do not tithe and millions of thousandaires who do not tithe and billions of working to middle-class people who do not tithe.

cheesy
So on point.
Re: Notable American Business Men Who Are Tithers. by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jan 17, 2018
mayorall:

I have seen.
Re: Notable American Business Men Who Are Tithers. by mayorall(m): 10:20pm On Jan 17, 2018
frosbel2:

Look well, there are millions in Nigeria, you just choose to look the other way!

I personally do not pay the tithe and I am very comfortable - go figure that

You can read the last paragraph of that article sir. It says more about the context. It's a channel of blessing. Moreover, many roads lead to market.
Re: Notable American Business Men Who Are Tithers. by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jan 17, 2018
mayorall:

You can read the last paragraph of that article sir. It says more about the context. It's a channel of blessing. Moreover, many roads lead to market.

grin grin grin
Re: Notable American Business Men Who Are Tithers. by maidstone: 1:59pm On Mar 01, 2020
Koii

(1) (Reply)

Hypocrisy Of Religious People On DNA / In His Live Service, TB Joshua Bitterly Complains About... Us! / Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.