Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Works Ministry Executed No Capital Project In 2017, Says Fashola - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Works Ministry Executed No Capital Project In 2017, Says Fashola (17788 Views)

Third Mainland Bridge Is Safe – Works Ministry / Nine Varsities To Get Solar Plant, Says Fashola / 2018 Budget: Works Ministry To Spend N341bn On Projects – Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Works Ministry Executed No Capital Project In 2017, Says Fashola by AZeD1(m): 1:55pm On Jan 20, 2018
ivandragon:

running around in circles seems to be your talent...

let us start with the sub-initial bone of contention...

you said NNPC does not need authorisation from NAss to pay subsidy...

I said NNPC needs to get approval from NAss & the NNPC has come out to say so...

so, what exactly is your direction about paying subsidy or not? I have given you various comments by the FG & NNPC saying subsidy is being paid...

Baru himself said Buhari ordered it... so what exactly is your point?

just admit your erred on the NNPC not needing authorisation to pay subsidy & let it slide... we learn everyday...
1) The NNPC'S statement said they are not paying subsidy.(you posted that link).
2) The NNPC'S statement said only the National Assembly can appropriate subsidy.

This Nullifies the statement that Buhari ordered them to pay subsidy because of 1 and two above.

Now back to the issue:
Is the NNPC subsidizing PMS and How can they do it with the National Assembly.

1) Yes the NNPC is subsidizing PMS
2) They are doing it without calling it Subsidy because the law allows them to do that. As an example, let's say the law says an agency cannot buy a Spade without recourse to the National Assembly but the agency needs to buy one and for some reason they want to get one, they would get a "farm implement" because while they law says they can't buy a spade, it didn't say they can't buy a farm implement.

Osibanjo was the person who said the government isn't paying subsidiy, that the NNPC is.
The argument was what's the difference between the government and NNPC (especially here on nairaland). The difference is the NNPC act that allows the NNPC to spend what it makes ( reason why Presidents use NNPC as their personal bank)

There's a difference between morality and legality. The government just used the bogusness of the law for political gain.

You need to understand the technicalities of the law. It's how politicians get off corruption cases.
Re: Works Ministry Executed No Capital Project In 2017, Says Fashola by ivandragon: 2:33pm On Jan 20, 2018
AZeD1:

1) The NNPC'S statement said they are not paying subsidy.(you posted that link).
2) The NNPC'S statement said only the National Assembly can appropriate subsidy.

This Nullifies the statement that Buhari ordered them to pay subsidy because of 1 and two above.

Now back to the issue:
Is the NNPC subsidizing PMS and How can they do it with the National Assembly.

1) Yes the NNPC is subsidizing PMS
2) They are doing it without calling it Subsidy because the law allows them to do that. As an example, let's say the law says an agency cannot buy a Spade without recourse to the National Assembly but the agency needs to buy one and for some reason they want to get one, they would get a "farm implement" because while they law says they can't buy a spade, it didn't say they can't buy a farm implement.

Osibanjo was the person who said the government isn't paying subsidiy, that the NNPC is.
The argument was what's the difference between the government and NNPC (especially here on nairaland). The difference is the NNPC act that allows the NNPC to spend what it makes ( reason why Presidents use NNPC as their personal bank)

There's a difference between morality and legality. The government just used the bogusness of the law for political gain.

You need to understand the technicalities of the law. It's how politicians get off corruption cases.

on your last sentence, read Fashola... lol...

look, you are just beating around the bush on this matter. from Fashola, you shifted to NNPC not needing approval of NAss to pay subsidy & that has been emphatically proven to be false, from there you have shifted it to asking if subsidy is being paid... evidence from various quarters has been provided that subsidy is been paid. however you wish to put it, the price of fuel is being subsidised by a certain amount... same government has said they have paid over N700b subsidising fuel..

so I really don't know what you are yammering on about...

the bottom lines are;

1. Fashola needs to clarify what he told NAss about zero performance for works in the 2017 appropriation... Fact!

2. NNPC, as a government agency, despite your roundabout postulations, requires appropriation from NAss for expenses just as any other government agency... Fact!!!

any other turenchi you speak is out of order.

sometimes the better part is to accept you read a situation wrong.

I once had cause to make a statement on NL which was not a true reflection of the subject matter... my attention was called to it in the usual crude & heartless manner of NLanders... rather than argue aimlessly, I took my comment down & tendered an unreserved apology... case closed...

you should humble yourself & either do same, or just slouch away...

p.s.

try to understand the administration usage of morality & legality...

morally, the FG, through NNPC can decide to pay subsidy in order to reduce the discomfort a further price increase will bring in an economy still in battered by dumb policies...

legally, they need to seek authorisation to pay the subsidy...

bottom line is that where there is a clear rule/regulation/law, morality does not arise... the law must be followed...

if there are no clear laws or inferential regulations governing a matter, morality may come into play...
Re: Works Ministry Executed No Capital Project In 2017, Says Fashola by AZeD1(m): 2:57pm On Jan 20, 2018
ivandragon:

on your last sentence, read Fashola... lol...

look, you are just beating around the bush on this matter. from Fashola, you shifted to NNPC not needing approval of NAss to pay subsidy & that has been emphatically proven to be false, from there you have shifted it to asking if subsidy is being paid... evidence from various quarters has been provided that subsidy is been paid. however you wish to put it, the price of fuel is being subsidised by a certain amount... same government has said they have paid over N700b subsidising fuel..

so I really don't know what you are yammering on about...

the bottom lines are;

1. Fashola needs to clarify what he told NAss about zero performance for works in the 2017 appropriation... Fact!

Read the twitter link I posted, it explains everything. Fashola said zero new capital projects.

2. NNPC, as a government agency, despite your roundabout postulations, requires appropriation from NAss for expenses just as any other government agency...
Fact!!!

Can you please point that out in the NNPC act? Adding the word fact doesn't make it a fact. Back it up with relevant laws.
PS: Buhari is the first president to submit the budget of the NNPC to the National Assembly.

any other turenchi you speak is out of order.

sometimes the better part is to accept you read a situation wrong.

I once had cause to make a statement on NL which was not a true reflection of the subject matter... my attention was called to it in the usual crude & heartless manner of NLanders... rather than argue aimlessly, I took my comment down & tendered an unreserved apology... case closed...

you should humble yourself & either do same, or just slouch away...

p.s.

try to understand the administration usage of morality & legality...

morally, the FG, through NNPC can decide to pay subsidy in order to reduce the discomfort a further price increase will bring in an economy still in battered by dumb policies...

legally, they need to seek authorisation to pay the subsidy...(The NNPC act says the NNPC can spend the money it makes.....no authorization.)

bottom line is that where there is a clear rule/regulation/law, morality does not arise... the law must be followed...

if there are no clear laws or inferential regulations governing a matter, morality may come into play...
Re: Works Ministry Executed No Capital Project In 2017, Says Fashola by ivandragon: 4:05pm On Jan 20, 2018
[quote author=AZeD1 post=64365224][/quote]

why should I waste more of my time posting links you obviously have a hard time digesting the ones I earlier posted & which addressed the issues you raised?

its like pouring water in a wicket basket... futile effort...

well, I leave you to your opinions...
Re: Works Ministry Executed No Capital Project In 2017, Says Fashola by AZeD1(m): 4:18pm On Jan 20, 2018
ivandragon:

why should I waste more of my time posting links you obviously have a hard time digesting the ones I earlier posted & which addressed the issues you raised?

its like pouring water in a wicket basket... futile effort...

well, I leave you to your opinions...
Lol you just being posting things you have no idea about.

1st you said Fashola lied (which you haven't proven)
2nd you said NNPC is spending money on subsidy then post an NNPC link in which NNPC said they are not.

You need to take a course in Logic.
Re: Works Ministry Executed No Capital Project In 2017, Says Fashola by ivandragon: 5:47pm On Jan 20, 2018
AZeD1:

Lol you just being posting things you have no idea about.

1st you said Fashola lied (which you haven't proven)
2nd you said NNPC is spending money on subsidy then post an NNPC link in which NNPC said they are not.

You need to take a course in Logic.

shaking my head for you...

I have wasted enough time on you
Re: Works Ministry Executed No Capital Project In 2017, Says Fashola by Akious2k2(m): 1:38pm On Jan 22, 2018
ivandragon:

http://punchng.com/works-ministry-executed-no-capital-project-in-2017-says-fashola/
The part that really got me bothered is that we will have to carry over previous year's projects... I hope it does not hamper the current year's projects... If Fashola knows what he's doing, if given the opportunity to execute the projects for the two consecutive years, he should just rush them... At least, I believe it will boost the economy enormously and reduce unemployment drastically

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anambra APC Sacks Okelo Madukaife For Congratulating Soludo / APC Consensus Meeting Ends In Stalemate, National Chairman Absent / Okorocha's Aide Arrested For Nkiru's Kidnap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.