Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,469 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

If You Are The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Solve Unemployment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Are The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Solve Unemployment (1410 Views)

If You Were The President Of Nigeria, How Would You Make Nigeria Better? / People That Will Feel The Additional 14 Days Lockdown By The President / Aisha Buhari: Call Me 'First Lady' Not 'Wife Of The President' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Are The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Solve Unemployment by nkemjacob2(m): 8:55am On Jan 18, 2018
Your advise might go somewhere especially those in power...

The floor is open

1 Like

Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Solve Unemployment by onlyme07(m): 9:24am On Jan 18, 2018
If they have the political will,unemployment will reduce drastically.

I will shut the border with stiff penalties like,20yrs imprisonment. Buy made in Nigeria goods,grow Nigeria.

Locate the dead factories. Advertise and employ competent people that fits into the company. Audit the cost to revive and give them the money with 5yrs tax holiday. The textile,steel and paper mills etc. With this 30% folks are off the labour market

Technology should be introduced into farming. All Agric grads and those interested should be given an acre of land with N2m grant to be for a period of 5yrs. Build a standard and comfortable 2bedroom for them on their land. They will own the land afterwards but refund the 2M grant. Since the borders are closed,their will be enough market for their produce. 35% folks will be off the labour market. You pay in tranches to make the work fast.

Identify states with good marketable mineral resources aside crude oil. Extracting these resources will give 15% folks jobs and revenue to the govt.

Companies that have left due to power should be brought back with proper arrangements to provide power at certain days/time for production with soft loans to kick start all over. 5% folks will be employed.

Govt should embark on developing talents. 2% will be off the street.

Capacity of the security agencies should be increased for effective security. 2% will the off the street.

Identify companies that have capacity of expand. Grant them long term loans. If each state can have factort that produces,cottage industries will come upstream 5% folks will be engaged.

Entrepreneurs need power. Intensify effort to increase power during the day to enable production for craftsmen,barbers,small factoriee etc. 12% will the employed.

Govt should also employ with some programmes like the npower stuff.

Tax should be encouraged

Source of funds : Recovered loots.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Solve Unemployment by tyup(m): 9:26am On Jan 18, 2018
nkemjacob2:

The floor is open

expanding the millitary everyone must be a millitary man
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Solve Unemployment by ReneeNuttall(f): 9:32am On Jan 18, 2018
There's no country that can solve unemployment all over the world, unemployment rate can only be reduced.Using Nigeria as an example,first thing I will do is remove all those old chimps at the very top,who are clueless and yet very corrupt,and employ young,vibrant, intelligent and updated people.
Fix our refineries, instead of exporting our petroleum products for refining,and importing them back.
Invest more on technical skills and acquisitions, education,and ofcourse revamp our agricultural build companies,etc. These can serve as a means of employment.

Those will be my first tenure agenda.
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Solve Unemployment by AnodaIT(m): 9:33am On Jan 18, 2018
I will spearhead the process of restructuring or at least devolution of powers so that the present beggary system of free money will stop and leaders will encourage productivity which will in turn force them to find ways to make their states more investors friendly.

Governors would see provision of infrastructure and power supply not as an achievement but a necessity to draw investments which will in turn boost their revenue

The need to provide these working system will also force them to appoint technocrats into government rather than using appointment to compensate asslicking
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Solve Unemployment by ochuciano(m): 9:38am On Jan 18, 2018
First and only thing I will do is, restructure Nigeria into six Geo- political zones. Let the zone s or provinces operate independently and pay tax to the government.
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Solve Unemployment by skedman(m): 9:47am On Jan 18, 2018
If i had the opourtunity to become the president of Nigeria i will solve the problem of unemployment through the following.
firstly, i will retire all senior civil servant in all the government parastatals at the federal level .i will also ensure that they all recieve their benefit and they are all place on the different  entrepreneurship skill .
secondly ,i will promote the junior ones to the senior level and employ fresh graduates into the system with efficient and effective training on the job.
i am sure of employing about 30,000 graduate and moreso,the retired civil servant will also employ people from the business created by them.
i had to focus on the senior civil servant because they are the problem of nigeria .they are the ones that give the politicians the avenue to steal and definitely they have benefited so much on corruption .
moreso,they have enough cash,experience, confidence to face any business challenges compared to a young graduate who has no money,experience ,confidence but no choice to face the economic challenges
the only problem i will face are the labour unions and thier godfathers .i will ensure that they are carried along .The fact remains that the civil servant are the cabals we are talking of and any truthfull person with integrity that want to rule nigeria must act like an italian mafia to become successful.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Solve Unemployment by SouthEastFacts: 10:13am On Jan 18, 2018
onlyme07:

I will shut the border with stiff penalties like,20yrs imprisonment. Buy made in Nigeria goods,grow Nigeria.

Locate the dead factories. Advertise and employ competent people that fits into the company. Audit the cost to revive and give them the money with 5yrs tax holiday. The textile,steel and paper mills etc. With this 30% folks are off the labour market

Technology should be introduced into farming. All Agric grads and those interested should be given an acre of land with N2m grant to be for a period of 5yrs. Build a standard and comfortable 2bedroom for them on their land. They will own the land afterwards but refund the 2M grant. Since the borders are closed,their will be enough market for their produce. 35% folks will be off the labour market. You pay in tranches to make the work fast.

Identify states with good marketable mineral resources aside crude oil. Extracting these resources will give 15% folks jobs and revenue to the govt.

Companies that have left due to power should be brought back with proper arrangements to provide power at certain days/time for production with soft loans to kick start all over. 5% folks will be employed.

Capacity of the security agencies should be increased for effective security. 2% will the off the street.

Identify companies that have capacity of expand. Grant them long term loans. If each state can have factort that produces,cottage industries will come upstream 5% folks will be engaged.

Entrepreneurs need power. Intensify effort to increase power during the day to enable production for craftsmen,barbers,small factoriee etc. 12% will the employed.

Tax should be encouraged

See how you are throwing figures recklessly like Nigerian Bureau of Statistics that says unemployment is 10%.
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Solve Unemployment by SouthEastFacts: 10:15am On Jan 18, 2018
ReneeNuttall:
There's no country that can solve unemployment all over the world, unemployment rate can only be reduced.Using Nigeria as an example,first thing I will do is remove all those old chimps at the very top,who are clueless and yet very corrupt,and employ young,vibrant, intelligent and updated people.
Fix our refineries, instead of exporting our petroleum products for refining,and importing them back.
Invest more on technical skills and acquisitions, education,and ofcourse revamp our agricultural build companies,etc. These can serve as a means of employment.

Very ambiguous statement. You don't fight unemployment with ambiguity.
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Solve Unemployment by SouthEastFacts: 10:17am On Jan 18, 2018
AnodaIT:
I will spearhead the process of restructuring or at least devolution of powers so that the present beggary system of free money will stop and leaders will encourage productivity which will in turn force them to find ways to make their states more investors friendly.

Governors would see provision of infrastructure and power supply not as an achievement but a necessity to draw investments which will in turn boost their revenue

The need to provide these working system will also force them to appoint technocrats into government rather than using appointment to compensate asslicking
First sensible post. But restructuring alone can't kill unemployment.
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Solve Unemployment by SouthEastFacts: 10:18am On Jan 18, 2018
ochuciano:
First and only thing I will do is, restructure Nigeria into six Geo- political zones. Let the zone s or provinces operate independently and pay tax to the government.
Second sensible post. Restructuring as a stand alone tool can't defeat unemployment.
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Solve Unemployment by SouthEastFacts: 10:21am On Jan 18, 2018
skedman:
If i had the opourtunity to become the president of Nigeria i will solve the problem of unemployment through the following.
firstly, i will retire all senior civil servant in all the government parastatals at the federal level .i will also ensure that they all recieve their benefit and they are all place on the different  entrepreneurship skill .
secondly ,i will promote the junior ones to the senior level and employ fresh graduates into the system with efficient and effective training on the job.
i am sure of employing about 30,000 graduate and moreso,the retired civil servant will also employ people from the business created by them.
i had to focus on the senior civil servant because they are the problem of nigeria .they are the ones that give the politicians the avenue to steal and definitely they have benefited so much on corruption .
moreso,they have enough cash,experience, confidence to face any business challenges compared to a young graduate who has no money,experience ,confidence but no choice to face the economic challenges
the only problem i will face are the labour unions and thier godfathers .i will ensure that they are carried along
Worst post. Did you bother asking yourself the proportion of Federal Civil servants in our labour force?
I score you 5/100.
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Solve Unemployment by SouthEastFacts: 10:24am On Jan 18, 2018
Nigerian youths are not ready for leadership yet. I am only here to guage the sensibility of our Leaders of Tomorrow. #NoOffence
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Solve Unemployment by AnodaIT(m): 10:38am On Jan 18, 2018
SouthEastFacts:

First sensible post. But restructuring alone can't kill unemployment.
Nope but the the foundation on which every other thing listed here (by other posters) can work

Every other thing listed here are like plastering and painting a mud house, using plywood to partition into rooms, removing a room keeper and replacing with another (younger person). And then hoping to survive the storm

What we need is to bring down the mud and build with cement and concrete from down before we do the painting, change of personnel, building solid partitions etc
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Solve Unemployment by nkemjacob2(m): 10:47am On Jan 18, 2018
skedman:
the only problem i will face are the labour unions and thier godfathers .i will ensure that they are carried along no
interesting
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Solve Unemployment by nkemjacob2(m): 10:47am On Jan 18, 2018
SouthEastFacts:

See how you are throwing figures recklessly like Nigerian Bureau of Statistics that says unemployment is 10%.
lol
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Solve Unemployment by nkemjacob2(m): 10:48am On Jan 18, 2018
SouthEastFacts:
Nigerian youths are not ready for leadership yet. I am only here to guage the sensibility of our Leaders of Tomorrow. #NoOffence
u re wrong
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Solve Unemployment by nkemjacob2(m): 10:50am On Jan 18, 2018
onlyme07:

Tax should be encouraged

these processes will take 50 years to accomplish looking at Nigeria status
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Solve Unemployment by Warship: 10:57am On Jan 18, 2018
nkemjacob2:

The floor is open

1) Set up a Research & Development based educational system that focuses more on products development & design / fabrication of small & medium scale production facilities.

2) Encourage Financial Grants for people that have marketable products that can be industrialized.

3) Create a platform whereby investors, advertising/marketing firms, government and innovators or inventors will meet each other.

4) Tax exempt these new industries for at least 10years.

5) Develop new electricity machine systems that make use of Biogas, Sunlight, Wind, lightening, etc to produce cheaper electricity.

6) Ensure there are good roads to encourage easy movement of goods & services.

7) Encourage R & D at our universities / polytechnics.
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Solve Unemployment by ibedun: 11:10am On Jan 18, 2018
I will impose a birth rate of 2 children per woman immediately!!!

The fucking population and birthrate is unsustainable and very detrimental individuals and the state.

No amount of economic policies or economic adjustments can remedy the situation without aggressive population control.

Poor parents giving birth to many future poor frustrated adults.

1 Like

Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Solve Unemployment by AnodaIT(m): 11:22am On Jan 18, 2018
ibedun:

The fucking population and birthrate is unsustainable and very detrimental individuals and the state.

No amount of economic policies or economic adjustments can remedy the situation without aggressive population control.

Not in this current arrangement where the top breeder gets rewarded with more allocation shared according to population size
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Solve Unemployment by profosa: 11:24am On Jan 18, 2018
onlyme07:

Tax should be encouraged

some questions for you 1.which of the several borders are you closing.2how do you intend to manage smuggling3.how do u intend to manage our agreed trade treaty with this your blocked boeder4.how many years would it take you to recover the money needed in a 4year administration 5.which people's land are you going to be sharing5.how are you going to develop mining that has a gestation period of more than 10years in a 4 years administration.
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Solve Unemployment by profosa: 11:29am On Jan 18, 2018
ReneeNuttall:

and who told you the young and intelligent are not corrupt.how do you intend to fix our refineries.what are you going to do differently to fix the refinery.how do you intend to revamp the oil palm business in a 4years administration

Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Solve Unemployment by donstan18: 11:33am On Jan 18, 2018
-Birth control!

-Introduce military regime.
$

-Lessen the usage of Internet in Nigeria.
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Solve Unemployment by profosa: 11:35am On Jan 18, 2018
AnodaIT:

please how do you intend to devolve power in a 4years administration would you force NASS and state house at assembly at gun point.
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Solve Unemployment by profosa: 11:40am On Jan 18, 2018
skedman:
the only problem i will face are the labour unions and thier godfathers .i will ensure that they are carried along
were would you get the money to pay all their terminal benefits,pension,gratuity.are you not worried about inflation if you can pay all at the same time.i hope you also have the resources for national industrial court
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Solve Unemployment by profosa: 11:43am On Jan 18, 2018
ibedun:

what of the constitution
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Solve Unemployment by profosa: 11:45am On Jan 18, 2018
Warship:

1) Set up a Research & Development based educational system that focuses more on products development & design / fabrication of small & medium scale production facilities.

2) Encourage Financial Grants for people that have marketable products that can be industrialized.

3) Create a platform whereby investors, advertising/marketing firms, government and innovators or inventors will meet each other.

4) Tax exempt these new industries for at least 10years.

5) Develop new electricity machine systems that make use of Biogas, Sunlight, Wind, lightening, etc to produce cheaper electricity.

6) Ensure there are good roads to encourage easy movement of goods & services.

7) Encourage R & D at our universities / polytechnics.

all you listed here are all in one regulation,law or guideline,what are you going to do differently
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Solve Unemployment by SouthEastFacts: 11:51am On Jan 18, 2018
AnodaIT:

Nope but the the foundation on which every other thing listed here (by other posters) can work

Every other thing listed here are like plastering and painting a mud house, using plywood to partition into rooms, removing a room keeper and replacing with another (younger person). And then hoping to survive the storm

What we need is to bring down the mud and build with cement and concrete from down before we do the painting, change of personnel, building solid partitions etc
Another sensible post.
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Solve Unemployment by skedman(m): 11:52am On Jan 18, 2018
SouthEastFacts:

Worst post. Did you bother asking yourself the proportion of Federal Civil servants in our labour force?
I score you 5/100.
hello, you are part of the problem of this country .you were quick at scoring me but you have know opinion or reason to oppose my suggestion . I am sorry people like you who feel that you are intelligent are nothing but an empty basket. I am not bothered with the 5percent however i will if you have nothing to say . We like more of paper work than implementation however we need to start facing the reality in this country if the old ones are still in that post i dont think the problem of unemployment can be solved .can you compare someone that have used 10 years in the ministry of education and yet cannot boost to own a school or tutorial centre. I am sorry to say that at this stage you dont no the labour force of nigeria to the extent that nigeria spend most of his revenue on recurrent expenditure and yet you asking for the proportion labour force .let me give you a clue mr smart guy
We have how many ministry in nigeria

1 Like

Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Solve Unemployment by AnodaIT(m): 12:08pm On Jan 18, 2018
profosa:
please how do you intend to devolve power in a 4years administration would you force NASS and state house at assembly at gun point.
Don't underestimate executive powers, if the president lead, lobbyists would have it easier to take the challenge to the individual lawmakers who will be more prone to action known that it would surely be asserted to and executed by the executive when passed by the legislature

Also the president as the leader of the party can mobilize support on party lines down to ward level
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Solve Unemployment by ReneeNuttall(f): 12:59pm On Jan 18, 2018
SouthEastFacts:

Very ambiguous statement. You don't fight unemployment with ambiguity.

So what then do u use in combating unemployment in a country with over 170million people?You think coming up with one particular agenda will help cub unemployment abi?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Junaid reveals award for Buhari after Tinubu gave Jonathan gold medal for corrup / Breaking : Kaduna LG Elections: 5 Returning Officers Missing / An Open Apology To President Buhari.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.