Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

Anyone Found With Weapon To Face Life Imprisonment In Ekiti State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anyone Found With Weapon To Face Life Imprisonment In Ekiti State (431 Views)

Lawali Attahiru Dogonkade Sentenced To Four Years Imprisonment In Zamfara / Charles Okah And Obi Nwabueze Sentenced To Life Imprisonment / 7 Fulani Herdsmen Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ondo Over Falae's Kidnapping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anyone Found With Weapon To Face Life Imprisonment In Ekiti State by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jan 21, 2018
Ekiti State governor, Ayodele Fayose said the state will amend its Anti-grazing law to punish carriers of sophisticated weapons with life imprisonment.
The governor announced this at another meeting in a series he’s been holding to find a solution to herders, farmers clashes.
TVC News Correspondent, Akin Ogunmola reports that stakeholders from the two areas killings by Fulani herdsmen had been reported in the last two weeks in the state converged on at the terrace of the Governor’s official residence.
The first attack reported to have taken place at Irele Ekiti actually took place on the Kogi side of the boundary according to this eye witness but the pregnant Tiv woman killed on Tuesday took place near Orin Farm Settlement in Orin Ekiti.
Complaints about the terrorising activities of the Fulani herdsmen were highlighted before the Governor, the Director of State Security Services and some top government functionaries on the high table.
Closing the meeting which lasted about five hours, the Governor pleaded for peaceful co – existence among Nigerians and called on the Federal Government to take a firmer stand to stamp out Militia herdsmen menace in the country.
The Governor also announced that his administration had concluded arrangement for the aerial video coverage of the hiding places of the Fulani herdsmen particularly in the forest reserves.

Re: Anyone Found With Weapon To Face Life Imprisonment In Ekiti State by GideonIdaboh(f): 4:30pm On Jan 21, 2018
Your sauce?

With current Nigeria, in my opinion, I feel it is illegal for any well meaning Nigerian not to have any arms at all. Because this country Don turn war zone o. I can not come and go and kill myself all for statemanship .
It should be remodified to any well meaning Nigerian not with arms should face imprisonment
Re: Anyone Found With Weapon To Face Life Imprisonment In Ekiti State by princechurchill(m): 4:31pm On Jan 21, 2018
Nice one the lion of the tribe of Ekiti
Re: Anyone Found With Weapon To Face Life Imprisonment In Ekiti State by 4kDdullard: 4:32pm On Jan 21, 2018
God bless u Sir
Re: Anyone Found With Weapon To Face Life Imprisonment In Ekiti State by bloodmoneyspita: 4:32pm On Jan 21, 2018
what of the indigenes?
Re: Anyone Found With Weapon To Face Life Imprisonment In Ekiti State by Desyner: 4:35pm On Jan 21, 2018
This is what the useless govt at centre should have enforced via its regional defense apparatus. Its a pity that the people violating the law here have our defense system in the hands.

(1) (Reply)

My Opinion About The Enforcement Of Cattle Colonies. / Islamic State Terrorists Behind Benue Killings — Security Chiefs / Crisis: One Single Man Claims To Be Second Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.