Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,974 members, 7,952,915 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:20 AM

No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. (13894 Views)

Oshiomhole And Obaseki’s Credentials By Femi Aribisala / Yoruba Leaders Say No To Cattle Colonies, Back Ranching / Femi Falana Protesting Fuel Price Increase By Jonathan In 2012 (Throwback Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:41am On Jan 22, 2018
seunmsg:

What exactly is wrong with having cattle colonies?
It is wrong because their job is a private one and it doesn't need government intervention.If they want to give lands to herdsmen then those rearing pigs,goat and others deserve colonies.

1 Like

Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by MrExcel(m): 9:42am On Jan 22, 2018
Dogs and pigs colonies in Kano, Zamfara, Katsina etc. We ain't gonna take no n must happen at the same period with the cows' colonies
Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by robosky02(m): 9:49am On Jan 22, 2018
cattle rearing in India vs cattle rearing in Nigeria grin grin

Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by robosky02(m): 9:51am On Jan 22, 2018
Escalze:
Whether we like it or not, these cattle colonies are going to stand because this is a government that never listens and is on a mission.
take this for your poo talk

1 Like

Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by Nathan2016: 9:52am On Jan 22, 2018
Vizboy1:
I have bitcoin available for sale please don’t ask me to send first I will show you my balance even on video call for your verification on blockchain wallet.... contact me on whatsapp with +27603467203

So the person should send his money first.

Showing a balance of your bloackchain wallet is like someone showing his account number and the money in it.

Go and bring and escrow from favebook (one of the imer) and use it for the transaction
Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by Nasir123(m): 9:53am On Jan 22, 2018
mickeyenglish:

I am tired of the ups and downs of this country along with its ill-mannered rulers .Instead of the State Governors to also quickly capitalise on this lovely idea to create ranches or "colonies" not for any Fulani or Northerners, but for the citizens of their respective states.By the time the Southerners start producing large and healty cattle for both dairy and consumption, then ild like to see who would patronise the fulanis.

Post No Bill.

Thanks.
That's exactly what some of us have been saying.

Unfortunately, our leaders lack ideas/creativity (leadership quality). All they know how to do is ' to collect salary'.

Very very bad of us as a people.
Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by bymyself: 9:55am On Jan 22, 2018
Cattle rearing is a business. Herdsmen are businessmen. So why would they be given special concession in another man's land and backed up by law? If so be the case, government should set up fishing colonies for my fish farming brothers and any other business we choose.

Yeye people, seeking ways of land grabbing. To imagine that that old stupid Audu Ogbe, is a willing tool in the hands of aboki. All for a morsel of bread, he has sold even his brial space in his village.

#NoToCattleColonies

2 Likes

Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by blackfase(m): 9:56am On Jan 22, 2018
If its going to be peopled by fulani demons, then the answer to your question is EVERYTHING!

seunmsg:

Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by Nelsizzy(m): 9:57am On Jan 22, 2018
Nasir123:

Thanks.
That's exactly what some of us have been saying.

Unfortunately, our leaders lack ideas/creativity (leadership quality). All they know how to do is ' to collect salary'.

Very very bad of us as a people.

So the government should provide lands for people carrying out their private business because they are Fulanis? How many lands has the government donated to the people of Niger Delta after all the oil spillage that is ravaging them? Let's be intellectual please and reason before spewing thrash.

2 Likes

Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by johnaruson(m): 9:58am On Jan 22, 2018
THE ONLY KNOWN THING MORE DANGEROUS THAN A NUCLEAR POWER PLANT IN YOUR LAND OR NEIGHBORHOOD IS THIS:
Fulani Herdsmen Cattle Colonies or Grazing Reserves, (according to old histories) has always turned to Caliphate or Local Government Area. They will soon produce religious leaders then ask for their local government in with time and daggers.

1 Like

Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by johnaruson(m): 10:02am On Jan 22, 2018
be ready to give them Caliphate and local government area
seunmsg:
I agree with Femi Falana, a cattle colony is just a bigger cattle ranch. Audu Ogbe should stop confusing the people with big grammar in order not to sabotage the policy. A cattle ranch is a cattle ranch whether big or small.

Cc: lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by DemonInSiege: 10:02am On Jan 22, 2018
In the North, The States with Christians as their Political Leaders, at State Level are as follows :
1. Adamawa State, Deputy Governor.
2. Taraba State, Governor.
3. Benue State, Governor and Deputy.
4. Plateau State, Governor and Deputy.
5. Kaduna State, Deputy Governor
6. Kogi State, Deputy Governor.
7. Gombe State, Deputy Governor.
Coincidentally, with the exception of Kogi and Gombe State, all these States are battling with the Fulani Herdsmen killings.
And the States with Christians Governors are experiencing an all-out total war by the Fulani Hijadists.
A National Daily just reported that a Military Helicopter was sighted dropping arms to some favoured guys somewhere in Taraba State.
If the above is a coincidence, then is indeed a strange one.
Is high time we all stop seeing things using the lens of fiction.
This is not a fiction any longer. This is real, and a calculated plan.

Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by hinohsend: 10:04am On Jan 22, 2018
spafu:
If you don't kikwaet there I will call you a useless son of afonja. When you were busy supporting and routing for Buhari didn't you know he was a useless Fulani with 150 barren cows with precedent for achieving success in anything before? I no want vex this early morning o.
Come, OP wetin dey do you sef? Why will you make me pour my vexation on Femi Falana and yet his name is not mention in the article? Hope the thing doing Buhari is not doing you?

He condemns, it you wail

He supports it, you wail

He keeps mute about it, you wail

Keep wailing.

2 Likes

Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by aolawale025: 10:08am On Jan 22, 2018
seunmsg:

http://saharareporters.com/2018/01/21/no-cattle-colonies-femi-falana

To solve a problem it better to reach the roots. The breed of cattle in west Africa feeds on wet grass. That's why they have to move from place to place to get fresh grass.
Hence this breed cannot be ranched.
A long term solution would be a gradual replacement of this breed with another that feeds on dry grass. Those breeds can be ranched successfully.

The cow feed has to be sorted out before the issue of ranching otherwise colonies or ranches would tend to fail
Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by chineduemmao: 10:12am On Jan 22, 2018
mickeyenglish:

I am tired of the ups and downs of this country along with its ill-mannered rulers .Instead of the State Governors to also quickly capitalise on this lovely idea to create ranches or "colonies" not for any Fulani or Northerners, but for the citizens of their respective states.By the time the Southerners start producing large and healty cattle for both dairy and consumption, then ild like to see who would patronise the fulanis.

Post No Bill.
you must consider peoples fear and sentiment before doing such a thing and if our government wants to diversify our economy with livestocks, they should establish it and employ people based on merit as of now what am seeing is nepotism.
Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by surgical: 10:12am On Jan 22, 2018
ChangetheChange:
grin
The government that cannot invest in refinery for the benefit of all, pushing for deregulation, preaching no government business in business, is the one that is now getting deeply involved in what I'd clearly a private business. why the double standard.
Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by musicwriter(m): 10:22am On Jan 22, 2018
And he think Dr. Audu Ogbe doesn't know the difference between ranch and colony? Of course, when he says colony he means colony.
Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by exlinkleads(f): 10:37am On Jan 22, 2018
yes ooo
Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by seunmsg(m): 10:41am On Jan 22, 2018
luvinhubby:

The income goes to private pockets, governmemnt, federal, state or local government, has no business in donating land for a private business, that is what is wrong.

Incomes generated by filmmakers goes into private pocket but Jonathan gave them a $200million support. Incomes generated by cash crop and food crop farmers goes into private pocket but government still gives numerous grants and assistance to farmers. So, what is wrong in government providing assistance to cattle herders? Are they not Nigerians too? What we should be insisting on right now is for government to fine tune the cattle colony policy very well and pay adequately for the lands it intends to acquire from willing sellers and not an outright condemnation. The policy will start in states that are willing to provide land for the program. No state or individual is being forced to donate land. So I ask again, what is wrong with the policy?
Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by ema2017: 10:42am On Jan 22, 2018
Government wants to provide ranches for the Cattles of the blood sucking herdsmen. Who provide land for the Cocoa, cassava, oilpalm, fish, goat,pig and poultry farmers. cattle farming is a private business, the govt does not own the business so why should various state provide land to rear cattle. this is injustice and wickedness. No area of agriculture is more important than the others. if govt wants to give cattle rearers land for range then they should also give to the Cocoa, cassava, oilpalm, fish, goat,pig and poultry farmers.
Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by luvinhubby(m): 11:00am On Jan 22, 2018
seunmsg:

Incomes generated by filmmakers goes into private pocket but Jonathan gave them a $200million support. Incomes generated by cash crop and food crop farmers goes into private pocket but government still gives numerous grants and assistance to farmers. So, what is wrong in government providing assistance to cattle herders? Are they not Nigerians too? What we should be insisting on right now is for government to fine tune the cattle colony policy very well and pay adequately for the lands it intends to acquire from willing sellers and not an outright condemnation. The policy will start in states that are willing to provide land for the program. No state or individual is being forced to donate land. So I ask again, what is wrong with the policy?

Cattle rearers are also equally entitled to soft loans and grants made available by govt to the agricultural sector, same thing applies to the entertainment industry you mentioned, these are grants and soft loans that govts makes available for different sectors.

No government has ever acquired properties for private businesses, maybe that is above you to understand.
Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by Priest69(m): 11:18am On Jan 22, 2018
seunmsg:

Oh! Everything is wrong with it.
1. This means cattle owners will have hectares of lands in every states in the country on a platter of gold. The fulanis will settle in these areas with their families and as we know in the past, these people aren't peace and law abiding they take what they want.
2. There will be periods in which the cattle and herdsmen will cross boundaries of their colonies into other areas
3. What will happen to the jobless youths in the state whose lands are given away? Why not the FG have agricultural colonies in every states and employ the youths in the state work on cassava, vegetables and rice farms
4. Colonies is a threat to the security of the state. How do we know what is being harbored or kept in those colonies? It could be ammunitions, missiles, bombs etc. will the state government have the right to know what is happening in those colonies?
I can go on and on about your question on what is wrong about cattle colonies but I feel stupid already in trying to explain to you what you should have thought of or know

1 Like

Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by olabrad: 11:26am On Jan 22, 2018
seunmsg:
I agree with Femi Falana, a cattle colony is just a bigger cattle ranch. Audu Ogbe should stop confusing the people with big grammar in order not to sabotage the policy. A cattle ranch is a cattle ranch whether big or small.

Cc: lalasticlala

Audu ogbe isn't sabotaging any policy; he is just (intentionally or unknowingly) exposing his true intention and mission, which are focused on giving Fulani herdsmen a stronghold in every part of southern Nigeria
Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by NickD(m): 12:00pm On Jan 22, 2018
seunmsg:

Sambisa forest is unhabited with plenty vegetation for the cattle's they should go there and not on ppls land. Cattle rearing is a private business of the miyetti alah or whatever they call themselves...dey do not pay taxes so y should ppls land be given to them for their private business.
Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by TheKingIsHere: 12:40pm On Jan 22, 2018
seunmsg:

Cattle colonies should be a personal business not the business of the government
Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by omonnakoda: 1:00pm On Jan 22, 2018
The term colony is correct but it should not be for Fulanis but all Nigerian's.
A better term would have been Ranch estates indiicating an exclusive ranch in zone.
If FG money is to be used there is nothing stopping Ondo state benefitting. They cannot say it must be for FulanI only, in fact it could be ONLY Ondo indigenes that are allocated.
As long as the states manage it fine.
It probably should be called livestock estate and those that want to keep pigs pythons or crocodiles as the case may be an do so.
Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by Nasir123(m): 1:04pm On Jan 22, 2018
Nelsizzy:
So the government should provide lands for people carrying out their private business because they are Fulanis? How many lands has the government donated to the people of Niger Delta after all the oil spillage that is ravaging them? Let's be intellectual please and reason before spewing thrash.

Na wao!

Do you understand my comment?
You didn't even read the person I quoted.

Since you didn't know,let me help u.

My view was for state governors in the south to rather allocate land/loans to indigenes,to start their own ranching business.
Everything must not be about the Fulani's pls.
Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by Nasir123(m): 1:06pm On Jan 22, 2018
Nelsizzy:

Na wao!

Do you understand my comment?
You didn't even read the person I quoted.

Since you didn't know,let me help u.
My view was for state governors in the south to rather allocate land/loans to indigenes,to start their own ranching business.
Everything must not be about the Fulani's.
Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by Meti99(m): 5:07pm On Jan 22, 2018
mickeyenglish:

Post No Bill.

Guy, you are intelligent
Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by MIKOLOWISKA: 5:43pm On Jan 22, 2018
sad
mickeyenglish:

Post No Bill.
tsetse flu tinz
Re: No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana. by Castanea(m): 8:10pm On Jan 22, 2018
Whoever brought the idea of cattle colonies is irredeemably daft. The idea is as daft as it sounds.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naira And Kobo / Zainab Ahmed Denies Saying FG Plans To Limit Number Of Children / Boko Haram Fighters Ambush Civilian JTF, Hunters In Yobe, Many Feared Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.