Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,530 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC (34387 Views)

Pictures Of Sambo Dasuki With Family Members After His Release From Detention / Obasanjo And Wife, Stella After His Release From Yola Prison In 1998 (Throwback) / Olusegun Obasanjo Shortly After His Release From Prison (throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by BoneBlogger(m): 3:40pm On Jan 22, 2018
Sir Tonye Okio, a critic of former President Goodluck Jonathan and Governor Henry Dickson of Bayelsa State, on Sunday, January 21 (yesterday) celebrated 4 years anniversary of being released from prison after his arrest.

Mr. Okio was arrested on Saturday April 28, 2013 by officials of the Special Investigation Bureau (SIB) of the Nigeria Police and summarily taken to Yenagoa, where he was detained in solitary confinement over his comments --- comments deemed critical of poor governance, corruption, and the hubris and excesses of government officials.

He was also very active on the Ijaw Nation Forum (a forum for Ijaw worldwide) where he championed the plight of the downtrodden and vigorously condemned the searing poverty and underdevelopment of the Niger Delta.

Mr Tonye took to his Facebook page yesterday to share the below;

TODAY IS THE 4TH ANNIVERSARY OF MY RELEASE FROM PRISON.
I WAS ARRESTED AND CHARGED FOR SEDITION BY THE JUNTA OF GOODLUCK JONATHAN AND SERIAKE DICKSON.
I GOT INTO TROUBLE WITH THE JUNTA FOR MY SUPPORT FOR CHIEF TIMIPRE SYLVA, PRESIDENT BUHARI, CONTINUOUS CRITICISM OF THE JUNTA’S REFUSAL TO DEVELOP THE NIGER DELTA AND ITS MONUMENTAL LOOTING OF THE NATION AND STATE TREASURY.

TODAY, I FEEL HAPPY WITH NO REGRETS.
I HAVE BEEN VINDICATED.

TO ALL THOSE WHO STOOD BY ME DURING THOSE TRYING MOMENTS, I SAY, THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU.

ALUTA CONTINUA!
VICTORIA ASERTA!!

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/01/man-arrested-criticizing-goodluck-jonathan-celebrates-release-prison-photos.html

5 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 22, 2018
Suffering for supporting Buhari? Tufiakwa...

Buhari is the wrongest person to support!!

143 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by dollytino4real(f): 3:53pm On Jan 22, 2018
eya!

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jan 22, 2018
Before alternative facts overwhelm critical thinking, let me state that while Tonye Okio was alleged to criticize Jonathan and Dickson, he was detained by the Police authorities for alleging that Dickson was caught in the US with $5mil. Read the charge sheet here http://saharareporters.com/2013/10/29/tonye-okio-president-jonathan’s-critic-has-been-arrested-sabella-ogbobode-abidde

It is false equivalence, judging from the charge sheet above, to allege that Jonathan jailed him.

138 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by Evablizin(f): 3:55pm On Jan 22, 2018
DDeliverer:
Suffering for supporting Buhari? Tufiakwa...

Buhari is the wrongest person to support!!
May your healing come as soon as possible. AMEN.

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by freeze001(f): 4:44pm On Jan 22, 2018
boostdom:
Before alternative facts overwhelm critical thinking, let me state that while Tonye Okio was alleged to criticize Jonathan and Dickson, he was detained by the Police authorities for alleging that Dickson was caught in the US with $5mil. Read the charge sheet here http://saharareporters.com/2013/10/29/tonye-okio-president-jonathan’s-critic-has-been-arrested-sabella-ogbobode-abidde

It is false equivalence, judging from the charge sheet above, to allege that Jonathan jailed him.

Please re-post the link. This isn't complete

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 22, 2018
No comment
Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 22, 2018
freeze001:

http://saharareporters.com/2013/10/29/tonye-okio-president-jonathan’s-critic-has-been-arrested-sabella-ogbobode-abidde

If the link above doesn't translate well, search for "Tonye Okio" on Google, it's the first page shown.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by deji68: 5:32pm On Jan 22, 2018
Timpreye Silva will soon mark the anniversary of the day his properties were siezed by GEJ gov.... now released by pmb gov grin grin grin

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by spartan50(m): 5:43pm On Jan 22, 2018
Has your criticism paid you now? Monkey

6 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by scholes0(m): 5:43pm On Jan 22, 2018
shocked
Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 22, 2018
See heavy lie. I'm not surprised, he is an APC member

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by BruncleZuma: 5:45pm On Jan 22, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by otabuko(m): 5:45pm On Jan 22, 2018
Jonathan is the father of democracy, you may try to tarnish his image but you'd only be fooling yourself.

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by Jaytecq(m): 5:47pm On Jan 22, 2018
I still don't know the difference btw Military Regime and Democracy

2 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by davidif: 5:47pm On Jan 22, 2018
Wait what?? He was arrested for criticizing a President? Wow! But they told us Jonathan was a Democrat now...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by SalamRushdie: 5:48pm On Jan 22, 2018
Silly man Jonathan did not have a hand in ur trial and he doesnt evn know you ..your problem was with bayelsa state govt

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by iamJ(m): 5:48pm On Jan 22, 2018
if it was buhari that did this, they will carry banners and be calling him dictator, see what a mumu did and people are silent, i cant see people mocking jonathan, i talk am say una dey suffer from mental blindness, where wailers, una no wail again? no mb?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by Boyooosa(m): 5:48pm On Jan 22, 2018
He thought he would be president forever...ish

Congrats Jere my brother, the guy don dey age for Otuoke.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by buhariguy(m): 5:49pm On Jan 22, 2018
Idiotic pigs of Biafra will not see this now,
Buhari has not arrest anyone criticising him not to talk of detain

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by usba: 5:50pm On Jan 22, 2018
Hero of democracy well done, poorest ex president well-done. Hero of thieves well done, patron saint of stealing well-done.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by PhilipGallagher(m): 5:52pm On Jan 22, 2018
How long did he really spend in prison.

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by usba: 5:52pm On Jan 22, 2018
Evablizin:
May your healing come as soon as possible. AMEN.
freeze001:

If it is PMB they will write text book worth of post, na their person now they done quiet like curtain Chio grin grin grin

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by jaxxy(m): 5:52pm On Jan 22, 2018
shocked
Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by Perge(m): 5:53pm On Jan 22, 2018
Was this article written by Dr Patrick Obahiagbon?

Cos I see the impertinent desperation of the author to look perspicacious.
Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by manci(m): 5:57pm On Jan 22, 2018
Jonathan hero of democracy if it was during buhari regime this young man must go to prison

3 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by condralbedez: 5:57pm On Jan 22, 2018
Believe this lies, at your own peril.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by pol23: 5:58pm On Jan 22, 2018
Dead on arrival.
Apc...
Una Don cast...
All this game won't save you.
Just kuku accept defeat.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by eloquentclient: 5:59pm On Jan 22, 2018
APC always looking for stories to sponsor to either blame GEJ or show that he's not better than them. Relax he is not coming out for any position

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by dview001(m): 6:04pm On Jan 22, 2018
u better thank God it was gej ...if it were pmb dem no go see your dead body ..stupid Yoruba man forming Niger deltan

14 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Army Recovers Arms Cache Near Otuoke In Bayelsa / TheEmefieleDisaster: Nigerians Call Out Emefiele On Twitter / Differences Between The Old And New Budget 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.