Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,834 members, 7,841,181 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC (34401 Views)

Pictures Of Sambo Dasuki With Family Members After His Release From Detention / Obasanjo And Wife, Stella After His Release From Yola Prison In 1998 (Throwback) / Olusegun Obasanjo Shortly After His Release From Prison (throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by Godsonkemz(m): 6:04pm On Jan 22, 2018
He's a traitor like Amechi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by afamaustin(m): 6:13pm On Jan 22, 2018
Evablizin:
May your healing come as soon as possible. AMEN.
may ur own healing come before his own

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by madridsta007(m): 6:19pm On Jan 22, 2018
boostdom:
Before alternative facts overwhelm critical thinking, let me state that while Tonye Okio was alleged to criticize Jonathan and Dickson, he was detained by the Police authorities for alleging that Dickson was caught in the US with $5mil. Read the charge sheet here http://saharareporters.com/2013/10/29/tonye-okio-president-jonathan’s-critic-has-been-arrested-sabella-ogbobode-abidde

It is false equivalence, judging from the charge sheet above, to allege that Jonathan jailed him.

That was the intent. Someone in the BMC cell must have posted this.
Anything to distract the people from Buhari.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by pedrilo: 6:21pm On Jan 22, 2018
U deserve it sir. See where ur support for buhari has landed us

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by fof1: 6:22pm On Jan 22, 2018
BoneBlogger:
Sir Tonye Okio, a critic of former President Goodluck Jonathan and Governor Henry Dickson of Bayelsa State, on Sunday, January 21 (yesterday) celebrated 4 years anniversary of being released from prison after his arrest.

Mr. Okio was arrested on Saturday April 28, 2013 by officials of the Special Investigation Bureau (SIB) of the Nigeria Police and summarily taken to Yenagoa, where he was detained in solitary confinement over his comments --- comments deemed critical of poor governance, corruption, and the hubris and excesses of government officials.

He was also very active on the Ijaw Nation Forum (a forum for Ijaw worldwide) where he championed the plight of the downtrodden and vigorously condemned the searing poverty and underdevelopment of the Niger Delta.

Mr Tonye took to his Facebook page yesterday to share the below;

TODAY IS THE 4TH ANNIVERSARY OF MY RELEASE FROM PRISON.
I WAS ARRESTED AND CHARGED FOR SEDITION BY THE JUNTA OF GOODLUCK JONATHAN AND SERIAKE DICKSON.
I GOT INTO TROUBLE WITH THE JUNTA FOR MY SUPPORT FOR CHIEF TIMIPRE SYLVA, PRESIDENT BUHARI, CONTINUOUS CRITICISM OF THE JUNTA’S REFUSAL TO DEVELOP THE NIGER DELTA AND ITS MONUMENTAL LOOTING OF THE NATION AND STATE TREASURY.

TODAY, I FEEL HAPPY WITH NO REGRETS.
I HAVE BEEN VINDICATED.

TO ALL THOSE WHO STOOD BY ME DURING THOSE TRYING MOMENTS, I SAY, THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU.

ALUTA CONTINUA!
VICTORIA ASERTA!!

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/01/man-arrested-criticizing-goodluck-jonathan-celebrates-release-prison-photos.html

WHAT IS ALUTA CONTINUA WHEN U LIED AGAINST GOV.SERIAKE DICKSON AND WAS JAILED FIR PEDDLING FALSEHOOD. U WERE NOT JAILED FIR ANY FEDERAL OFFENCES BUT STATE GOVERNMENT MATTER. PLS STOP TELLING MORE LIES OR U WILL RETURN THERE.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by xcolanto(m): 6:29pm On Jan 22, 2018
BMC agents still comparing GEJ to buhari after 3 years!! God forbid zombies! Tufiakwa!! Spits!
Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 22, 2018
grin grin grin
DDeliverer:
Suffering for supporting Buhari? Tufiakwa...

Buhari is the wrongest person to support!!

Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by AngelicBeing: 6:41pm On Jan 22, 2018
Keneking:
No comment
You must comment, Jonathan and every past president in Nigeria including Buhari are all criminals and they deserve to be flogged with koboko laden with chilly pepper, useless politicians feeding fat while the masses are dying grin

3 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by Sgwin: 6:43pm On Jan 22, 2018
Buhari and Jonathan none of them are saint all of them are corrupt but Jonathan is gentleman so let's not protect any of those thieves.. the only difference there is that Jonathan government people don't suffer this way people are suffering now..

Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by Austinoiz(m): 6:44pm On Jan 22, 2018
Ma nigga, looking at your face, me know say u never still comot from prison cos Recession and hunger don sandpaper u.
Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by Oblang(m): 6:46pm On Jan 22, 2018
fof1:

WHAT IS ALUTA CONTINUA WHEN U LIED AGAINST GOV.SERIAKE DICKSON AND WAS JAILED FIR PEDDLING FALSEHOOD. U WERE NOT JAILED FIR ANY FEDERAL OFFENCES BUT STATE GOVERNMENT MATTER. PLS STOP TELLING MORE LIES OR U WILL RETURN THERE.

Do u know how many lies ffk and fayose have lied against Buhari and his govt?

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by ebomo79: 6:48pm On Jan 22, 2018
Tonye Okio and his fellow fools--Timi Sylva are the worst set of hypocrites you can get anywhere. This guys wrecked Bayelsa state,who is more corrupt than Tonye Okio and Timipre Sylva. He was the chief of staff under the Sylva administration, which project can they point to the world they started and completed during their reign Rubbish cultists.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 6:49pm On Jan 22, 2018
Evablizin:
May your healing come as soon as possible. AMEN.

The guy didn't attend the comprehension class in school grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by AnanseK(m): 6:55pm On Jan 22, 2018
otabuko:
Jonathan is the father of democracy, you may try to tarnish his image but you'd only be fooling yourself.

You mean father of kleptocracy?

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by blackboy(m): 7:13pm On Jan 22, 2018
boostdom:
Before alternative facts overwhelm critical thinking, let me state that while Tonye Okio was alleged to criticize Jonathan and Dickson, he was detained by the Police authorities for alleging that Dickson was caught in the US with $5mil. Read the charge sheet here http://saharareporters.com/2013/10/29/tonye-okio-president-jonathan’s-critic-has-been-arrested-sabella-ogbobode-abidde

It is false equivalence, judging from the charge sheet above, to allege that Jonathan jailed him.
Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by taurusmena1(m): 7:18pm On Jan 22, 2018
So he suddenly lost his voice to speak up now or UE has gone blind or deaf to witness the monumental looting going on in this dispensation coupled with unparalleled corruption...such a nitwit....

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by michoim(m): 7:18pm On Jan 22, 2018
That is GEJ that IPOB says obeys rule of law...Hypocrites
Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by forayfleo(m): 7:20pm On Jan 22, 2018
How it's possible? The Jonathan I know will even smile when you insult him and is family, my brother just look for another propaganda this one isn't working joor.

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jan 22, 2018
ha grin they jailed him for talking bad about a President
Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by Lomprico2: 7:31pm On Jan 22, 2018
U
BoneBlogger:
Sir Tonye Okio, a critic of former President Goodluck Jonathan and Governor Henry Dickson of Bayelsa State, on Sunday, January 21 (yesterday) celebrated 4 years anniversary of being released from prison after his arrest.

Mr. Okio was arrested on Saturday April 28, 2013 by officials of the Special Investigation Bureau (SIB) of the Nigeria Police and summarily taken to Yenagoa, where he was detained in solitary confinement over his comments --- comments deemed critical of poor governance, corruption, and the hubris and excesses of government officials.

He was also very active on the Ijaw Nation Forum (a forum for Ijaw worldwide) where he championed the plight of the downtrodden and vigorously condemned the searing poverty and underdevelopment of the Niger Delta.

I WAS ARRESTED AND CHARGED FOR SEDITION BY THE JUNTA OF GOODLUCK JONATHAN AND SERIAKE DICKSON.
I GOT INTO TROUBLE WITH THE JUNTA FOR MY SUPPORT FOR CHIEF TIMIPRE SYLVA, PRESIDENT BUHARI, CONTINUOUS CRITICISM OF THE JUNTA’S REFUSAL TO DEVELOP THE NIGER DELTA AND ITS MONUMENTAL LOOTING OF THE NATION AND STATE TREASURY.

I HAVE BEEN VINDICATED.

TO ALL THOSE WHO STOOD BY ME DURING THOSE TRYING MOMENTS, I SAY, THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU.

ALUTA CONTINUA!
VICTORIA ASERTA!!

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/01/man-arrested-criticizing-goodluck-jonathan-celebrates-release-prison-photos.html

Goan join apc, they will accept you with open arms.

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by oyoofong(m): 7:54pm On Jan 22, 2018
So this sickness don start again?
,I have told on several occasions and will still say it again.Tramadol is not good enough for you .We will bundle you to Yenegoa rehab, and when you return you'd testify you went to ASO ROCK to dine with PMB! tongue cool
Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by IFNOTGOD(m): 8:05pm On Jan 22, 2018
usba:

If it is PMB they will write text book worth of post, na their person now they done quiet like curtain Chio grin grin grin

Tonye Okio spent his Christmas holidays at Bayelsa prison, and is to spend the first days of the year 2014 there. He was detained after he had posted a Facebook message criticizing the Bayelsa State Governor, Seriake Dickson, in October, 2013.
Mr. Okio, a businessman, a former Abuja Liaison officer for the state and aide to ex-Bayelsa governor, Timipriye Sylva, was apprehended at his Abuja home on October 26. He was blindfolded and driven to Bayelsa State by the Special Investigation Bureau (SIB). It is also worth noting that Mr. Okio was stripped of his mobile gadgets, and had the messages about Governor Dickson removed from his Facebook account.
Following his arrest, the Bayelsa police issued a statement saying that he was arrested for "seditious publications" against the Bayelsa governor.
Mr. Okio was kept in custody for ten days, and his lawyer demanded that his fundamental rights be obeyed and he be charged to court.
On November 5, Mr. Okio was charged before the Magistrate Court for defamatory publication against the Bayelsa governor. After taking his plea, the Magistrate Court adjourned the case to November 21 for trial. On that day, the court granted Mr. Okio N5 million bail with one surety in like sum who must be a permanent secretary in the state and resident within the court's jurisdiction.
Mr. Okio's lawyer has since reasoned with the court that it would be impossible to satisfy the condition, as the Governor, who is the complainant, must have threatened permanent secretaries in the state. Furthermore, inside sources also hinted that no permanent secretary under the state's employ dare stand as surety for Mr. Okio.
Although an application was filed at the Nembe Division of the Bayelsa High Court in the state to demand a variation in the bail conditions, the court reportedly fixed three consecutive days for hearing and was unable sit on any of those days.
A ruling on the review of bail application was slated for December but was again adjourned by the presiding judge. On the said date, the judge through the court's registrar notified counsels that the ruling on the bail review application was not ready, and, therefore, the case was adjourned till January 20.
Source: Naija.ng

kindly google d guys name n see if GEJ was mentioned there ode

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by deebrownneymar: 8:49pm On Jan 22, 2018
Cheap politics

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by psalmsjob: 8:53pm On Jan 22, 2018
PhilipGallagher:
How long did he really spend in prison.

He doesn't have to really spend even a moment in prison...for expressing his opinion against Mr Corruption himself GEJgrin
Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by amazon14: 8:53pm On Jan 22, 2018
boostdom:

God bless you for busting that idiot Op and the jailed useless buhari supporter

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by magzey: 9:05pm On Jan 22, 2018
The truth is very hard always.
Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by jasawa: 9:32pm On Jan 22, 2018
DDeliverer:
Suffering for supporting Buhari? Tufiakwa...

Buhari is the wrongest person to support!!
you're not the first to say it KANU has done it earlier.
Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by Kenneth10110(m): 11:32pm On Jan 22, 2018
usba:
Hero of democracy well done, poorest ex president well-done. Hero of thieves well done, patron saint of stealing well-done.

'Ode' shebi PMB Dan dey show you pepper. Na your type dey celebrate PMB when e enter promising you fuel 40 naira per litre.
Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by focus7: 11:46pm On Jan 22, 2018
otabuko:
Jonathan is the father of democracy, you may try to tarnish his image but you'd only be fooling yourself.

Jonathan was a dictator that could not stand opposition.
Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by seguno2: 4:40am On Jan 23, 2018
BoneBlogger:

I HAVE BEEN VINDICATED.

ALUTA CONTINUA!
VICTORIA ASERTA!!

Has Buhari developed the Niger Delta or has he stopped the monumental looting of the nation and state treasury?
Useless activist-for-hire.
Instead looting has worsened under clueless rogue Buhari who has returned the 48 mansions seized by EFCC to Sylva.

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC by Nobody: 5:36am On Jan 23, 2018
spartan50:
Has your criticism paid you now? Monkey

He has freedom, baboon

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Should Present NIN Before Using Restaurants - Pantami / Orji Kalu: 21 Members Of APC NWC Endorsed Senator Lawan As Consensus Candidate / Pantami Hosted Femi Fani-Kayode & Governor Matawalle To A Dinner Last Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.