Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,366 members, 7,819,317 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

8 Major Points From Obj Letter In Summary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 8 Major Points From Obj Letter In Summary (673 Views)

8 Major Things Tinubu Said About APC Crisis, 2023 Presidential Ambition / 2018 Proposed Budget In Summary! / Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Major Points From Obj Letter In Summary by Sammiejokes(m): 7:05pm On Jan 23, 2018
1: Gej had to go in 2015 and can never be president again.
For me, there was nothing personal, it was all in the best interest of Nigeria and, indeed, in the best interest of Africa and humanity at large. Even the horse rider then, with whom I maintain very cordial, happy and social relationship today has come to realise his mistakes and regretted it publicly and I admire his courage and forthrightness in this regard. He has a role to play on the sideline for the good of Nigeria, Africa and humanity and I will see him as a partner in playing such a role nationally and internationally, but not as a horse rider in Nigeria again.

2: Gej Never listened to the voice of the elders
But my letter to President Jonathan titled: “Before It Is Too Late” was meant for him to act before it was too late. He ignored it and it was too late for him and those who goaded him into ignoring the voice of caution. I know that praise-singers and hired attackers may be raised up against me for verbal or even physical attack but if I can withstand undeserved imprisonment and was ready to shed my blood by standing for Nigeria, I will consider no sacrifice too great to make for the good of Nigeria at any time.

3: Corruption and Insecurity still persist under Mr Integrity
There were serious allegations of round-tripping against some inner caucus of the Presidency which would seem to have been condoned. I wonder if such actions do not amount to corruption and financial crime, then what is it?
The herdsmen/crop farmers issue is being wittingly or unwittingly allowed to turn sour and messy. It is no credit to the Federal Government that the herdsmen rampage continues with careless abandon and without finding an effective solution to it.

4: Nepotism/Poor Internal Politics & Economic Irresponsibility
nepotic deployment bordering on clannishness and inability to bring discipline to bear on errant members of his nepotic court. This has grave consequences on performance of his government to the detriment of the nation. It would appear that national interest was being sacrificed on the altar of nepotic interest.

5: Buhari must Step down for 2019
President Buhari needs a dignified and honourable dismount from the horse. He needs to have time to reflect, refurbish physically and recoup and after appropriate rest, once again, join the stock of Nigerian leaders whose experience, influence, wisdom and outreach can be deployed on the sideline for the good of the country. His place in history is already assured.
6: APC and PDP have failed Nigerians
I have had occasion in the past to say that the two main political parties – APC and PDP – were wobbling. I must reiterate that nothing has happened to convince me otherwise. If anything, I am reinforced in my conviction
7: PDP has been sold to Atiku
The recent show of PDP must give grave and great concern to lovers of Nigeria. To claim, as has been credited to the chief kingmaker of PDP, that for procuring the Supreme Court judgement for his faction of the Party, he must dictate the tune all the way and this is indeed fraught with danger.

8: Only way out is a new Party: coalition of the concerned and the willing

We have only one choice left to take us out of Egypt to the promised land. And that is the coalition of the concerned and the willing – ready for positive and drastic change, progress and involvement. Change that will give hope and future to all our youth and dignity and full participation to all our women. Our youth should be empowered to deploy their ability to learn, innovate and work energetically at ideas and concepts in which they can make their own original inputs. Youth must be part of the action today and not relegated to leadership of tomorrow which may never come.
Re: 8 Major Points From Obj Letter In Summary by dollytino4real(f): 7:13pm On Jan 23, 2018
let nigeria be privatised to a lower bidder, atleast to reset the brains of nigerians to act well.
Re: 8 Major Points From Obj Letter In Summary by Sammiejokes(m): 7:35pm On Jan 23, 2018
dollytino4real:
let nigeria be privatised to a lower bidder, atleast to reset the brains of nigerians to act well.
This whole thing is so demoralizing
Re: 8 Major Points From Obj Letter In Summary by dollytino4real(f): 7:38pm On Jan 23, 2018
Sammiejokes:
This whole thing is so demoralizing
pls am thinking aloud
Re: 8 Major Points From Obj Letter In Summary by killsmith(f): 7:58pm On Jan 23, 2018
When you acquire a new skill, you will be so
eager to test your capability.
Obasanjo got his PHD and decided to test his
Doctorate abilities with Buhari.
Bubu should vigorously dust his WAEC and
respond .

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Okorocha, Wike, Kaduna Senator Reject Cattle Colonies / Sule Lamido In Court Today For Corruption Trial (PICS) / IGP Ordered The Arrest Of Ibb Spokesman Kazeem Afegbua Over The Statement On Pmb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.