Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,110 members, 7,849,462 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:02 PM

Are Nigerians Finally Catching Up To Igbos? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Nigerians Finally Catching Up To Igbos? (3030 Views)

Ibrahim Babangida (IBB's) Message To Igbos / Regina: Canada Government sends message to Igbos living in the country / What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Nigerians Finally Catching Up To Igbos? by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 24, 2018
lilkech:

brother stop calling these idiot BMC’s

dem nor born dem well to post on this kind of threads lie lie
I have actually been missing their dullardic rantings grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Finally Catching Up To Igbos? by UyiIredia(m): 10:05am On Jan 24, 2018
Not all of us. Just as we know of some silly Amaechis and Okorochas who danced with Buhari, not all in the South, Middle Belt or North liked him. My comments during the 2015 elections are there for all to see.

5 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Finally Catching Up To Igbos? by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:15am On Jan 24, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:
The Igbos "might" not be the smartest when it comes to politics, but as business oriented individuals, they know a bad deal when they see one, and their final decision on Buhari was made since 1983.
If you ask me, I will say there is good politics and bad politics!

I have come to notice that an average IGBO man or woman is blessed with the gift of discerning and calls a spade a spade no matter whose ox is gored

That is why they also do well in business

They treats you like a family no matter where you are from but will not accommodate evil even if the person is theirs

I wish we can all learn from them

Cause if we had emulated them by not voting for Buhari, we would have save this country from chaos, this heartache and massacre happening here and there.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are Nigerians Finally Catching Up To Igbos? by ContentedK: 10:17am On Jan 24, 2018
Why won't they try to catch up,what Umu Chineke see while sitting on the floor.. the greedy vultures and bloodsucking vampires can never see it even if they stand on skyscraper building..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Finally Catching Up To Igbos? by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 24, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

If you ask me, I will say there is good politics and bad politics!

I have come to notice that an average IGBO man or woman is blessed with the gift of discerning and calls a spade a spade no matter whose ox is gored

That is why they also do well in business

They treats you like a family no matter where you are from but will not accommodate evil even if the person is theirs

I wish we can all learn from them

Cause if we had emulated them by not voting for Buhari, we would have save this country from chaos, this heartache and massacre happening here and there.

Ka Chukwu Okike Abiama mezie okwu grin grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Finally Catching Up To Igbos? by PFRB: 10:24am On Jan 24, 2018
SouthEastFacts:

Don't say that again. Ijaws remains the largest tribe ND and the 4th largest in Nigeria.

Show me the analysis. How many states are there in the Niger delta and what are the ethnic populations.

3 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Finally Catching Up To Igbos? by freeze001(f): 10:26am On Jan 24, 2018
fabre4:

Yea that's true Niger delta didn't vote too. But the resentment showed towards Igbo's is higher than that towards the Niger delta even buhari spoke about it, not forgetting that oba and the lagoon e.t.c

It's always the case, Igbos bear the brunt for every collective action of the Eastern region because of the 'big brother' role we always play. At the end of the day, others especially of teh ND will conveniently scream and even deny any relationship between themselves and the Igbo because it suddenly appears politically disadvantageous to be or have anything to do with the Igbo. At some point, they were happy to relax and hear Igbos being insulted and vilified for their supposed inability to accept defeat and move on from electoral defeat when the more directly affected ND people have long moved on and forged politically correct relations. Where is Nigeria today?

The lies and snide remarks were out of this world but we stand strong at all times as always. We cannot all be mad anyway. We know and acknowledge our brothers; we are also awake and alert to shady and shifty characters that seek to take advantage of our sense of brotherhood.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Nigerians Finally Catching Up To Igbos? by freeze001(f): 10:34am On Jan 24, 2018
PFRB:

Show me the analysis. How many states are there in the Niger delta and what are the ethnic populations.

This argument is not the purport of this thread, whether Ijaw and whichever tribe, they are all bonafide indigenes and citizens, none more superior to the other.

SouthEastFacts:

Don't say that again. Ijaws remains the largest tribe ND and the 4th largest in Nigeria.

Kindly ignore this dull attempt at trolling.

3 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Finally Catching Up To Igbos? by raymexx: 10:36am On Jan 24, 2018
SouthEastFacts:

u are right though, but we have a very large number of Igbos in the Niger delta region than some other Niger delta tribes. quote me anywhere

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Finally Catching Up To Igbos? by fabre4: 10:37am On Jan 24, 2018
freeze001:

It's always the case, Igbos bear the brunt for every collective action of the Eastern region because of the 'big brother' role we always play. At the end of the day, others especially of teh ND will conveniently scream and even deny any relationship between themselves and the Igbo because it suddenly appears politically disadvantageous to be or have anything to do with the Igbo. At some point, they were happy to relax and hear Igbos being insulted and vilified for their supposed inability to accept defeat and move on from electoral defeat when the more directly affected ND people have long moved on and forged politically correct relations. Where is Nigeria today?

The lies and snide remarks were out of this world but we stand strong at all times as always. We cannot all be mad anyway. We know and acknowledge our brothers; we are also awake and alert to shady and shifty characters that seek to take advantage of our sense of brotherhood.

Well people don't change...
Re: Are Nigerians Finally Catching Up To Igbos? by TheKingIsHere: 11:17am On Jan 24, 2018
kc2hansome:

Well, it was the Igbo's that Afxnjas and Abxkis were insulting and mentioning pre and post 2015.
The Afxnjas and Abxkis see Igbo's and ND as the same they only started differentiating when the call for Biafra became serious.

Go back to 2015 and check online and see how the people from the ND region were insulted. Many even celebrated as soldiers were sent to the ND to cause havoc with operation crocodile smile.

Am sure you have forgotten.

So stop making it look like an igbo thing
Re: Are Nigerians Finally Catching Up To Igbos? by TheKingIsHere: 11:18am On Jan 24, 2018
PFRB:

Igbos are majority is the Niger Delta.

Yes, igbos are majority in Nigeria and even the world, abi no be so? Shior!!

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians Finally Catching Up To Igbos? by TheKingIsHere: 11:21am On Jan 24, 2018
Ahamefuna0001:

Lol. We're all Igbos either by birth, association, proximity or interest.
Why Igbo is been emphasized is cos ND is already bound to vote their broda GEJ but none of the aspirants or their running mate was frm SE yet Igbo were stil wise enoff to knw the better deal.

ND was not only bound to vote their brothers but we also knew who Buhari was, an evil demonic tyrant. Even Anifere warned their people but they didn't listen.

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Finally Catching Up To Igbos? by T9ksy(m): 12:08pm On Jan 24, 2018
UyiIredia:
Not all of us. Just as we know of some silly Amaechis and Okorochas who danced with Buhari, not all in the South, Middle Belt or North liked him. My comments during the 2015 elections are there for all to see.

Thank you, o jare!!!

Am yoruba and not for a second did i contemplated voting for buhari as i knew he is not the saviour we nigerians have been waiting for, for eons.

The same way i refused to vote for Jonathan in 2011 simply because i could deduce from his antecedent that he's another "round pole in our squared hole. kolewok

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Finally Catching Up To Igbos? by T9ksy(m): 12:17pm On Jan 24, 2018
Op, you guys are just so unbelievable and blo.ody sore losers.

For one, no one in the country is trying to catch up with the ibos. For what? The notion only exist in the dark recesses of your warped and pained mind and others like you.

Just go and cast your vote for another fulani man by name Atiku and see how well you lot will fare in the next 4 years and at the end of it all, atiku will not hand over the key to Aso rock to any of your kins and neither will he restructure the nation or repair the blasted Niger Bridge that you lot have been waiting for, for decades.

3 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Finally Catching Up To Igbos? by kc2hansome(m): 12:36pm On Jan 24, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Go back to 2015 and check online and see how the people from the ND region were insulted. Many even celebrated as soldiers were sent to the ND to cause havoc with operation crocodile smile.

Am sure you have forgotten.

So stop making it look like an igbo thing

How many people did the operation crocodile kill? Mind you, the operation crocodile also included some SW states. While Operation Python dance was solely for Igbo States, in which scores of youths were killed on the streets.
I pity for ND people. You keep seeing everything with the Igbo's as competition while your land and resources are been milked by non-igbos.
Whether you like it or not the Abxkis and Afxnjas sees ND as Igbo's. The only time they seem to differentiate both, is for their selfish interest.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians Finally Catching Up To Igbos? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jan 24, 2018
T9ksy:

For one, no one in the country is trying to catch up with the ibos. For what? The notion only exist in the dark recesses of your warped and pained mind and others like you.

Just go and cast your vote for another fulani man by name Atiku and see how well you lot will fare in the next 4 years and at the end of it all, atiku will not hand over the key to Aso rock to any of your kins and neither will he restructure the nation or repair the blasted Niger Bridge that you lot have been waiting for, for decades.
Please support sai baba till the year 3000 grin
Don't disrespect Tinubu.
Sai APC grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Finally Catching Up To Igbos? by T9ksy(m): 1:07pm On Jan 24, 2018
imhotep:

Please support sai baba till the year 3000 grin
Don't disrespect Tinubu.
Sai APC grin grin

Pray tell, why should i support buhari till whenever when i didn't support him in the last election or the previous ones he contested and lost in.

I respect Tinubu but am not a fan of his and even though i appreciate how APC came about, i was never in support of the move.

As for you lot, go and cast your vote for Atiku-another fulani man like Buhari with the belief that after completing his tenure, he will hand the key to Aso rock on to an ibo man.

Smh........................as this kind of stupi.di.ty ought to be criminalised.

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Finally Catching Up To Igbos? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 24, 2018
T9ksy:

Pray tell, why should i support buhari till whenever when i didn't support him in the last election or the previous ones he contested and lost in.

I respect Tinubu but am not a fan of his and even though i appreciate how APC came about, i was never in support of the move.

As for you lot, go and cast your vote for Atiku-another fulani man like Buhari with the belief that after completing his tenure, he will hand the key to Aso rock on to an ibo man.

Smh........................as this kind of stupi.di.ty ought to be criminalised.

ok lets vote for Afonja Tinubu next time grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Finally Catching Up To Igbos? by fortunekaura(m): 1:19pm On Jan 24, 2018
hornyofife:
Igbos are the wise men from the East, whose native intelligence is miles ahead of other Nigerians..

What igbos saw 50yrs ago,some so called sophisticated tribes are yet to see it.....

Re: Are Nigerians Finally Catching Up To Igbos? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jan 24, 2018
Lots of common sense in the post. I wish tribal bigots can appreciate what one Nigeria meant. If you ignore any part of Nigeria in terms of development population will naturally gravitate to where it's happening.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians Finally Catching Up To Igbos? by ChidiAlaigbo: 1:36pm On Jan 24, 2018
T9ksy:

You dey mind the bitter 5-percenters!!!

Who will vote for an Igbo man or woman?

Who?
Re: Are Nigerians Finally Catching Up To Igbos? by Biggie225(m): 1:47pm On Jan 24, 2018
fortunekaura:

Take it

Re: Are Nigerians Finally Catching Up To Igbos? by T9ksy(m): 2:15pm On Jan 24, 2018
imhotep:

ok lets vote for Afonja Tinubu next time grin grin

It's a free world.............as such you can vote whomever you deem fit but as of now, i see no one in the extant political

hemisphere of nigeria, worthy of my vote.

Re: Are Nigerians Finally Catching Up To Igbos? by TheKingIsHere: 2:47pm On Jan 24, 2018
kc2hansome:

How many people did the operation crocodile kill? Mind you, the operation crocodile also included some SW states. While Operation Python dance was solely for Igbo States, in which scores of youths were killed on the streets.
I pity for ND people. You keep seeing everything with the Igbo's as competition while your land and resources are been milked by non-igbos.
Whether you like it or not the Abxkis and Afxnjas sees ND as Igbo's. The only time they seem to differentiate both, is for their selfish interest.

The problem with you guys is that you talk without facts.

First of all operation crocodile smile was launched since 2016 (about 2years) for only the 6 ND states where armies bombarded and even killed people. Guess what, the NDA fought back and soldiers were killed too.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/exercise-crocodile-smile-five-militants-killed-23-arrested-scores-injured/

Niger deltans fought back as we are not cowards even the military were covering it up. See here;

https://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/20-soldiers-not-4-were-%E2%80%98murdered%E2%80%99-in-operation-crocodile-smile-avengers.221601/

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/09/24/exercise-crocodile-smile-6-soldiers-feared-killed-in-cross-river/

http://www.informationng.com/2016/09/operation-crocodile-smile-military-covered-up-death-of-20-soldiers-in-ndelta-avengers-tell-buhari.html

Now unlike crocodile smile that lasted for about 2years, python dance only lasted just 1week and una no make person here word.

It is of recent that crocodile smile 2 was launched in ND with inclusion of some SW states so get your facts b4 coming online.

So you guys should focus and stop all these pointless rants.
Re: Are Nigerians Finally Catching Up To Igbos? by Priceless25: 2:58pm On Jan 24, 2018
T9ksy:

It's a free world.............as such you can vote whomever you deem fit but as of now, i see no one in the extant political

hemisphere of nigeria, worthy of my vote.

Exactly.. They're all the same. These same predatorial politicians will forever prey on the masses, only to enrich themselves and their family, all because Nigerian masses will rather fight amongst themselves than fight the politicians. There's no accountability with Nigerian politicians, just watch how Americans bash their senators at town hall meetings but we worship them here and they cause traffic gridlock when they ply the roads. I'm tired of the tribalism in Nigeria, it gets nothing done.

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Finally Catching Up To Igbos? by LIFEisSIMPLE: 3:00pm On Jan 24, 2018
Did the igbos beg you for any vote?
ChidiAlaigbo:

You dey mind the bitter 5-percenters!!!

Who will vote for an Igbo man or woman?

Who?

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians Finally Catching Up To Igbos? by LIFEisSIMPLE: 4:24pm On Jan 24, 2018
I really hope Nigerians have learnt from this suicide administration
Re: Are Nigerians Finally Catching Up To Igbos? by jaymichael(m): 9:21pm On Jan 24, 2018
What is there to celebrate about voting for a man that says stealing isn't corruption. A man that cannot manage surplus, wants to manage scarcity. A man that cannot control his wife. A man whose administration is corruption personified. A man who does nothing as scores of Youths were killed in an immigration employment scam. A man whose administration looted the money meant to prosecute the war on terror thereby slaughtering our brave soldiers on the alter of greed and incompetency. A president whose drunken antecedents is legendary. A president who openly admitted that his administration favours a particular tribe in Nigeria. A government that looted and wasted our ECA and foreign reserves. A government that shamelessly go about sharing money in dollars to traditional ruler and all known and unknown groups in order to win an election he is destined to lose. I can go on but that isn't important than the fact that I AM NOT ASHAMED THAT I VOTED OUT THAT INEFFICIENT AND CORRUPTION RIDDEN REGIME. PMB is far better than GEJ.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Give Me Ghana, Nigeria To Recolonize; For A Year -NK President / Buhari Shows Difficulty In Understanding And Answering Questions Again... / MFPND Rejects Russia-Nigeria Alliance.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.