Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,234 members, 7,825,904 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe (29158 Views)

Doyin Okupe And Wife Tested Positive For COVID-19. Pictured At Isolation Centre / Osun Rerun: Omisore Agrees To Work For APC Victory On Thursday - Doyin Okupe / Bauchi SUBEB Board Member Sacked For Associating With Dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by nwakibie3(m): 4:08pm On Jan 24, 2018
Former aide to the immediate past President, Goodluck Jonathan, Doyin Okupe, has said that he and other politicians from the South West have always known that associating with the Northern political elites is regrettable.

Doyin said any Southwest politician can come out to prove him wrong adding that most northern politicians he had worked with played very selfish and parochial politics.

The former Presidential aide said this in a post he shared on Facebook where he maintained that the northern political elites often time, make them, the southern collaborators look like saboteurs of their people.

Doyin wrote, “I chose politics over Surgery.

“In choosing politics I also chose a party, NPN, with a national outlook than the regional party, UPN, that held sway in my geopolitical zone.

“From then, 35years ago, and now I have always choosing national parties because of my belief in Nigeria.

“I am not alone in this class of southwest nationalists. i have seniors like, Akinloye, Awotesu, Odunjo, prince adetona, M.K.O. Abiola,who are all late. Baba Akinjide is still alive and well.

”However and quite sadly I say it openly today without any fear of contradictions that with no exception, WE ALL REGRET OUR ASSOCIATION WITH THE NORTHERN POLITICAL ELITES.

“I have not spoken to chief akinjide in over 3years and I do not have his permission to speak on his behalf. Since God has preserved his life till such a time as this, nigerians are at liberty to (confirm or denounce) my statement from him.

“We regret our association because the most of those we worked with played very selfish and parochial nearly based on master servant relationship. Always the interest of the north superseded every other interests and it must be achieved at any and all cost. Often times making us, the patriotic the southern collaborators look like saboteurs of our people.

“I must add here that but for general Babangida and Aliyu Gusau with very few associates, the wrong that was done by the unfair annulment of Abiolas mandate would not have been assuaged by the the creation of a political scenario which ensured head and tail, a southwest President emerged in 1999.

“People may want to argue that this was not a big deal since it was Babangida’s administration itself that caused the annulment. If the annulment was an error the subsequent incaseration and death of MKO was a major disaster that had the potential to scatter this great nation for good if not carefully recompensed through a political retribution in 1999.

“Whenever we asked for the correction of the political and unjust imbalances done by the military, the northern political elites always give the untenable excuses that those actions were done by through military fiat and not the political democratic system.

“Yet the entire military interregnum was headed by northern officers. This is why today we have ridiculous lopsidedness in distribution of states and local governments in the country. it is the same reason we are a federation run with a unitary constitution. it is the same reason that virtually ALL northerners irrespective of their political parties are united in their opposition to Restructuring.

“It is the same reason that all securities agencies in the country (except for 1 or 2 minor ones) are headed by northerners. Yet our political elite class and colleagues in the north look the other way and are quite comfortable with all this unfairness and condemnable injustices which breed hate and disunity in the country.

“The worst of it all is the unguarded, arrogant and uncaring pronouncements from northern elites and leaders in times of severe national calamities inflicted by some northerners on other citizens of the nation.

“The recent gruesome killings in Benue is a thing all Nigerians should be sad and concerned about. It is not an occasion for profuse but irrational arguments and justifications. Certainly not an occasion for display of insensitivity.

“I personally will never ever do anything or participate in any actions that will precipitate the dismemberment of Nigeria. To do so, will be to break the nearly 60years mirror of hope that I had envisioned Nigeria.

“I will however sound a note of warning to our friends from the North, and this is more partisan, that yet we may appear to have been fooled for so long, yes, in the interest of national unity, we have with great anguish, we have tolerated and accommodated the sustained excesses of the north, we have finally reached the end of our tethers. Our elasticity has been stretched to its breaking point.

“I therefore desperately plead with our friends and colleagues to apply reason and good conscience in issues that concern equity and justice in this country. No part of this nation was conquered by another.

“We are an independent sovereign Nation and no citizen must live in fear, none must be treated before the law as being superior or inferior. Governance must be all inclusive and must belong to all not a few as we presently have. Senior citizens from the north must stop playing the ostrich just to please their own especially when their actions harm other sections of the country.

“From now onward it is the North that will decide if the country shall remain together or otherwise.

“May the Almighty Bless our country Nigeria and imbibe its leadership especially those from the North the conscience to stand for what is equitable and just and the courage to speak against evil no matter who the perpetrators are.”

http://dailypost.ng/2018/01/24/yorubas-always-regret-associating-northerners-doyin-okupe/

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by oooduancalmdown: 4:10pm On Jan 24, 2018
nwakibie3:

“I personally will never ever do anything or participate in any actions that will precipitate the dismemberment of Nigeria. To do so, will be to break the nearly 60years mirror of hope that I had envisioned Nigeria.
You still have hope for Nigeria after 60 years it became independent? Baba okupe, your hope will die with you because there is no hope for Nigeria.
One day, Nigeria will experience another war. I see this coming. The north have always felt they own Nigeria. A country as ethnically and religiously diverse as Nigeria will not progress. A country where one feels he is superior to another will not last. Nigeria will never progress. We just like to deceive ourselves.

144 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by Ever8054: 4:14pm On Jan 24, 2018
which regret?...yoloba waiting for the next Hausa Fulani presidential candidate so that they can attache one of there son to vice him...

213 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by BiafraIShere(m): 4:15pm On Jan 24, 2018
No be today they begin to act as slaves na.
Awolowo was used and dumped, he later committed suicide.
Abiola was used and dumped, he later died in prison.
Diya was used and dumped and was almost killed before he went on his knees begging a junior abo.ki officer.
Even Ogundipe who was supposed to take over when Aguiyi Ironsi was assassinated in a coup fled to London while Ojukwu was still insisting that the northerners must hand over to him since he was the second in command. The list is endless!
But I'm happy they are beginning to muster the courage to challenge the owners of Nigeria, if only they can be bold enough like the Igbos to challenge the abo.kis by demanding for justice or break up instead of joining forces with the common enemy and reaping from our stance through ostracizing Igbos, Nigeria would have been repositioned or broken up since!

178 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by stefanweeks: 4:17pm On Jan 24, 2018
Na today?

They never learn

I no call person name o.

105 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by LIFEisSIMPLE: 4:19pm On Jan 24, 2018
Them no dey hear word. Someone is selling imaginary enemity with progressive Ndigbo. How igbos are the reason they struggle. One day the west will find out how the north truly feel about them

151 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by knowledgeable: 4:22pm On Jan 24, 2018
nwakibie3:
Former aide to the immediate past President, Goodluck Jonathan, Doyin Okupe, has said that he and other politicians from the South West have always known that associating with the Northern political elites is regrettable.

Doyin said any Southwest politician can come out to prove him wrong adding that most northern politicians he had worked with played very selfish and parochial politics.

The former Presidential aide said this in a post he shared on Facebook where he maintained that the northern political elites often time, make them, the southern collaborators look like saboteurs of their people.

“In choosing politics I also chose a party, NPN, with a national outlook than the regional party, UPN, that held sway in my geopolitical zone.

“From then, 35years ago, and now I have always choosing national parties because of my belief in Nigeria.

“I am not alone in this class of southwest nationalists. i have seniors like, Akinloye, Awotesu, Odunjo, prince adetona, M.K.O. Abiola,who are all late. Baba Akinjide is still alive and well.

”However and quite sadly I say it openly today without any fear of contradictions that with no exception, WE ALL REGRET OUR ASSOCIATION WITH THE NORTHERN POLITICAL ELITES.

“I have not spoken to chief akinjide in over 3years and I do not have his permission to speak on his behalf. Since God has preserved his life till such a time as this, nigerians are at liberty to (confirm or denounce) my statement from him.

“We regret our association because the most of those we worked with played very selfish and parochial nearly based on master servant relationship. Always the interest of the north superseded every other interests and it must be achieved at any and all cost. Often times making us, the patriotic the southern collaborators look like saboteurs of our people.

“I must add here that but for general Babangida and Aliyu Gusau with very few associates, the wrong that was done by the unfair annulment of Abiolas mandate would not have been assuaged by the the creation of a political scenario which ensured head and tail, a southwest President emerged in 1999.

“People may want to argue that this was not a big deal since it was Babangida’s administration itself that caused the annulment. If the annulment was an error the subsequent incaseration and death of MKO was a major disaster that had the potential to scatter this great nation for good if not carefully recompensed through a political retribution in 1999.

“Whenever we asked for the correction of the political and unjust imbalances done by the military, the northern political elites always give the untenable excuses that those actions were done by through military fiat and not the political democratic system.

“Yet the entire military interregnum was headed by northern officers. This is why today we have ridiculous lopsidedness in distribution of states and local governments in the country. it is the same reason we are a federation run with a unitary constitution. it is the same reason that virtually ALL northerners irrespective of their political parties are united in their opposition to Restructuring.

“It is the same reason that all securities agencies in the country (except for 1 or 2 minor ones) are headed by northerners. Yet our political elite class and colleagues in the north look the other way and are quite comfortable with all this unfairness and condemnable injustices which breed hate and disunity in the country.

“The worst of it all is the unguarded, arrogant and uncaring pronouncements from northern elites and leaders in times of severe national calamities inflicted by some northerners on other citizens of the nation.

“The recent gruesome killings in Benue is a thing all Nigerians should be sad and concerned about. It is not an occasion for profuse but irrational arguments and justifications. Certainly not an occasion for display of insensitivity.

“I will however sound a note of warning to our friends from the North, and this is more partisan, that yet we may appear to have been fooled for so long, yes, in the interest of national unity, we have with great anguish, we have tolerated and accommodated the sustained excesses of the north, we have finally reached the end of our tethers. Our elasticity has been stretched to its breaking point.

“I therefore desperately plead with our friends and colleagues to apply reason and good conscience in issues that concern equity and justice in this country. No part of this nation was conquered by another.

“We are an independent sovereign Nation and no citizen must live in fear, none must be treated before the law as being superior or inferior. Governance must be all inclusive and must belong to all not a few as we presently have. Senior citizens from the north must stop playing the ostrich just to please their own especially when their actions harm other sections of the country.

“From now onward it is the North that will decide if the country shall remain together or otherwise.

“May the Almighty Bless our country Nigeria and imbibe its leadership especially those from the North the conscience to stand for what is equitable and just and the courage to speak against evil no matter who the perpetrators are.”

Cc myndd44
Cc lalasticlala
Cc Seun
http://dailypost.ng/2018/01/24/yorubas-always-regret-associating-northerners-doyin-okupe/

Boy!!... Hand shake across the niger and IPOB radio Nigeria service have started to yield results too soon. They are all speaking out intensely, from Southern Kaduna to Taraba state down to SW. Obasonjo is not left out neither Okorocha not Mr Okupe. Sooner, speaking out will turn into something else.

......is going down!.

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by zeuchineesnacks: 4:22pm On Jan 24, 2018
stefanweeks:
Na today?

They never learn

I no call person name o.
my dear when slavery is in your DNA this is what happens. No amount of beating will cure the Afonjas. They bow and prostrate to anything. They are indeed the curse of the south

107 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 24, 2018
the elders warned them far back

89 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:31pm On Jan 24, 2018
Isn't it obvious that Tinubu and his goons as at today thinks otherwise undecided embarassed

7 Likes

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by oooduancalmdown: 4:35pm On Jan 24, 2018
BiafraIShere:
No be today they begin to act as slaves na
Who be slave? Una go vote Atiku in 2019 so we go know who be slave.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by Amarabae(f): 4:36pm On Jan 24, 2018
When tribal politics reign in a country, underdevelopment will be its effect.

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by Ejanla07: 5:16pm On Jan 24, 2018
we afonjas re slaves to the caliphate.
end of story

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by Biety: 5:53pm On Jan 24, 2018
Okupe is an elder but here, he's clearly speaking like a kid or like an OSU politician.

Can any region achieve anything without romancing other regions?
Or can any politician become heavyweight without building bridges across the country?

Why is the old man now saying rubbish and thereby making the OSUS from the backward region that is currently in political relegation happy..

As long as Nigeria remains one, friendship between different regions will continue.

15 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:58pm On Jan 24, 2018
nwakibie3:
Cc myndd44
Cc lalasticlala
Cc Seun
Good morning!

What is the way forward

6 Likes

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by mpianya39(m): 6:00pm On Jan 24, 2018
personally will never ever do anything or participate in any actions that will precipitate the dismemberment of Nigeria. To do so, will be to break the nearly 60years mirror of hope that I had envisioned Nigeria.

What are you guys afraid of lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed afonja and their useless one Zoogerian haba angry angry angry can't you guys stay on your own

39 Likes

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by Sprumbabafather: 6:14pm On Jan 24, 2018
Biety:
Verry dissapointed in okupe.

If an OSU politician had made this statement, one would have understood because the OSU people have a verry low/ poor political culture.

See painment grin

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by LZAA: 6:44pm On Jan 24, 2018
nwakibie3:

Cc myndd44
Cc lalasticlala
Cc Seun
he has just said d truth but d goblin headslammers will always want to remain footstools to thier gambari overlords grin grin
some are already calling ndigbo wen d statement was made by thier fellow afonja
grin

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by Emeskhalifa(m): 6:46pm On Jan 24, 2018
Lolz but if dem come, shey una (ndigbo) go gree cooperate with dem abi?

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by zombieTRACKER: 6:48pm On Jan 24, 2018
It's the Afonja destiny
Come to think of it

The Fulani sultan tells the afonja when the moon is out

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by dukie25: 6:48pm On Jan 24, 2018
“We regret our association because the most of those we worked with played very selfish and parochial nearly based on master servant relationship

I didn't wanna say it but he did.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by hardywaltz(m): 6:49pm On Jan 24, 2018
Doyin Idiot Okupe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by madapcmod: 6:49pm On Jan 24, 2018
Tell them, they seem to forget afonja tribulations so quickly.

To remain northern slaves hungry them pass ewedu these days

8 Likes

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by Follygunners: 6:49pm On Jan 24, 2018
BiafraIShere:
No be today they begin to act as slaves na

Animals sef go open mouth talk.. undecided

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 6:49pm On Jan 24, 2018
True change is coming. We will see it in our lifetime.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by Ofodirinwa: 6:49pm On Jan 24, 2018
" D Igbos shouldn't put their h'eegs in h'one basket. They h'are too clannish"

[img]https://media1./images/0489fb2f025d80cb993ac1e2712682fa/tenor.gif?itemid=3574833[/img]

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senators React As Police IG Idris Snubs Senate Invitation Again / Dino Melaye Kneels Down, Praises God (Photos) / Soludo: Many Drug Barons Now Use Politics As Alternative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.