Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,975 members, 7,841,731 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe (29198 Views)

Doyin Okupe And Wife Tested Positive For COVID-19. Pictured At Isolation Centre / Osun Rerun: Omisore Agrees To Work For APC Victory On Thursday - Doyin Okupe / Bauchi SUBEB Board Member Sacked For Associating With Dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by madapcmod: 7:19pm On Jan 24, 2018
Ofodirinwa:
" D Igbos shouldn't put their h'eegs in h'one basket. They h'are too clannish"

[img]https://media1./images/0489fb2f025d80cb993ac1e2712682fa/tenor.gif?itemid=3574833[/img]

Hahahahaha, you mean H'afonja the 'h' factor fiful

14 Likes

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by BabaO2: 7:21pm On Jan 24, 2018
Okupe has no conscience, a big fool, liar and thief.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by LZAA: 7:25pm On Jan 24, 2018
divicoded:

And all of you are falling over yourselves to lick Atiku's boots What a pity from the severely cursed tribe
grin grin

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by LZAA: 7:26pm On Jan 24, 2018
imhotep:
I miss sarrki and alariwo2 grin
grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jan 24, 2018
LZAA:

grin grin
For sure they have learned from Tinubu grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by Ahamefuna0001(m): 7:34pm On Jan 24, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

Who be slave? Una go vote Atiku in 2019 so we go know who be slave.
They cant be sidelined the way buhari sidelined Yorubas.
to remove buhari we need a northerner samethin tinubu used to kick GEJ Out since they have the population.
been a slave is nt abt voting a northerner bt having bt having a fair share in anything the govt hs to offer. can dat be said of Yoruba? do they have any influence or say in the govt? the absence of significant project which ws their reasons for votin out GEJ has buhari done any? In area of appointments has they gotten any better than the regions who didnt vote him?

12 Likes

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 7:34pm On Jan 24, 2018
This man is a disgrace to Yoruba and my Alma mata (Igbobi College Yaba). Always playing the ethnic card. This man should just keep quiet, if he doesn't have anything meaningful to say . How has the ethnic/tribal politics help us in this nation.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by Ogunleti01: 7:37pm On Jan 24, 2018
nwakibie3:
Former aide to the immediate past President, Goodluck Jonathan, Doyin Okupe, has said that he and other politicians from the South West have always known that associating with the Northern political elites is regrettable.

Doyin said any Southwest politician can come out to prove him wrong adding that most northern politicians he had worked with played very selfish and parochial politics.

The former Presidential aide said this in a post he shared on Facebook where he maintained that the northern political elites often time, make them, the southern collaborators look like saboteurs of their people.

Doyin wrote, “I chose politics over Surgery.

“In choosing politics I also chose a party, NPN, with a national outlook than the regional party, UPN, that held sway in my geopolitical zone.

“From then, 35years ago, and now I have always choosing national parties because of my belief in Nigeria.

“I am not alone in this class of southwest nationalists. i have seniors like, Akinloye, Awotesu, Odunjo, prince adetona, M.K.O. Abiola,who are all late. Baba Akinjide is still alive and well.

”However and quite sadly I say it openly today without any fear of contradictions that with no exception, WE ALL REGRET OUR ASSOCIATION WITH THE NORTHERN POLITICAL ELITES.

“I have not spoken to chief akinjide in over 3years and I do not have his permission to speak on his behalf. Since God has preserved his life till such a time as this, nigerians are at liberty to (confirm or denounce) my statement from him.

“We regret our association because the most of those we worked with played very selfish and parochial nearly based on master servant relationship. Always the interest of the north superseded every other interests and it must be achieved at any and all cost. Often times making us, the patriotic the southern collaborators look like saboteurs of our people.

“I must add here that but for general Babangida and Aliyu Gusau with very few associates, the wrong that was done by the unfair annulment of Abiolas mandate would not have been assuaged by the the creation of a political scenario which ensured head and tail, a southwest President emerged in 1999.

“People may want to argue that this was not a big deal since it was Babangida’s administration itself that caused the annulment. If the annulment was an error the subsequent incaseration and death of MKO was a major disaster that had the potential to scatter this great nation for good if not carefully recompensed through a political retribution in 1999.

“Whenever we asked for the correction of the political and unjust imbalances done by the military, the northern political elites always give the untenable excuses that those actions were done by through military fiat and not the political democratic system.

“Yet the entire military interregnum was headed by northern officers. This is why today we have ridiculous lopsidedness in distribution of states and local governments in the country. it is the same reason we are a federation run with a unitary constitution. it is the same reason that virtually ALL northerners irrespective of their political parties are united in their opposition to Restructuring.

“It is the same reason that all securities agencies in the country (except for 1 or 2 minor ones) are headed by northerners. Yet our political elite class and colleagues in the north look the other way and are quite comfortable with all this unfairness and condemnable injustices which breed hate and disunity in the country.

“The worst of it all is the unguarded, arrogant and uncaring pronouncements from northern elites and leaders in times of severe national calamities inflicted by some northerners on other citizens of the nation.

“The recent gruesome killings in Benue is a thing all Nigerians should be sad and concerned about. It is not an occasion for profuse but irrational arguments and justifications. Certainly not an occasion for display of insensitivity.

“I personally will never ever do anything or participate in any actions that will precipitate the dismemberment of Nigeria. To do so, will be to break the nearly 60years mirror of hope that I had envisioned Nigeria.

“I will however sound a note of warning to our friends from the North, and this is more partisan, that yet we may appear to have been fooled for so long, yes, in the interest of national unity, we have with great anguish, we have tolerated and accommodated the sustained excesses of the north, we have finally reached the end of our tethers. Our elasticity has been stretched to its breaking point.

“I therefore desperately plead with our friends and colleagues to apply reason and good conscience in issues that concern equity and justice in this country. No part of this nation was conquered by another.

“We are an independent sovereign Nation and no citizen must live in fear, none must be treated before the law as being superior or inferior. Governance must be all inclusive and must belong to all not a few as we presently have. Senior citizens from the north must stop playing the ostrich just to please their own especially when their actions harm other sections of the country.

“From now onward it is the North that will decide if the country shall remain together or otherwise.

“May the Almighty Bless our country Nigeria and imbibe its leadership especially those from the North the conscience to stand for what is equitable and just and the courage to speak against evil no matter who the perpetrators are.”

http://dailypost.ng/2018/01/24/yorubas-always-regret-associating-northerners-doyin-okupe/
Homogeneity has and will continue to be the only surviving factor helping the developed countries of the world. Nigeria has a multicultural complexities which have never for once worked in our favour. Until this heterogeneous arrangement is broken down into simple manageable ones,things may not work out the way we want it

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 7:37pm On Jan 24, 2018
BabaO2:
Okupe has no conscience, a big fool, liar and thief.
I tire for that man. Despite the fact that i dislike ethnic/tribal politics. When his boss GEJ was the president, which powerful position did yoruba get?

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by chiedu7: 7:38pm On Jan 24, 2018
Benekruku:
The North-Western Alliance is intact

The devil you know is better than the angel you dont know!

Come to think of it, If we dont align with the North, Is it the East we should align with? Which is out-rightly impossible.

Una don align with the Foolanis, how market grin

Gaddafithe2nd:

I tire for that man. Despite the fact that i dislike ethnic/tribal politics. When his boss GEJ was the president, which powerful position did yoruba get?

You were supposed to get the Speaker of Reps, it was Tinubu who asked the South West to vote againt it.

8 Likes

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by AFONJAPIG(m): 7:40pm On Jan 24, 2018
let say the simple Truth, Yoruba's like licking Fulani ass

8 Likes

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 7:53pm On Jan 24, 2018
chiedu7:

You were supposed to get the Speaker of Reps, it was Tinubu who asked the South West to vote againt it.
I know that, Tinubu supported Tambual to infiltrate PDP, not Hon. Mulikat that doesn't respect Tinubu and his boys. Aside from that, which powerful position did Yoruba get in GEJ's cabinet. Nothing. He(GEJ) regretted it, which he made mention when he visited on of the kings in Southwest.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by Alariwo2: 7:57pm On Jan 24, 2018
imhotep:

I miss sarrki and alariwo2 grin

What's actually wrong with you?

Must you spam my mentions?
I know you're stubborn, don't worry you'll meet me there too.
Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 24, 2018
Alariwo2:

What's actually wrong with you?

Must you spam my mentions?
I know you're stubborn, don't worry you'll meet me there too.
Did you miss me ? grin

6 Likes

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by blantyre: 8:02pm On Jan 24, 2018
There is nothing like any master and servant relationship between the north and the west. We are in a democracy and no region no matter how populous can boast of going it alone to get what it wants politically. And fair enough the West cannot say it is neglected by this administration. And talking about herdsmen excesses, how many of us care or even condemn the indiscrimate killing of Fulanis in mambila and numan, are they not human beings, countless Fulanis are being killed daily at every opportunity in the bushes just because they have no access to the media and they don't parade their deads, people just always assumed that they are the bad guys. It is a natural justice for the north to have more states and locals governments because one the landmass is huge and the population is there too. Take a look at American electoral colleges too, it is determined by landmass and population

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by ehardetola(m): 8:11pm On Jan 24, 2018
stefanweeks:
Na today?

They never learn

I no call person name o.
See wat you deserve

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by Spells(m): 8:14pm On Jan 24, 2018
Ever8054:
which regret?...yoloba waiting for the next Hausa Fulani presidential candidate so that they can attache one of there son to vice him...
yolobas right now

8 Likes

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by efighter: 8:16pm On Jan 24, 2018
Ever8054:
which regret?...yoloba waiting for the next Hausa Fulani presidential candidate so that they can attache one of there son to vice him...

Yes my brother like Alex Ekwuleme who was Shagari's vice, Augustus Aikhomu who was IBB's vice and Nnamdi Azikiwe who was ceremonial president to Abubakar Tafawa Balewa and later colluded with his master to jail Awolowo.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by Fawklicant: 8:18pm On Jan 24, 2018
Doyin Okupe said the truth except for one point he made there...that from now on the northerners will decide the unity of this country. I beg to differ! They have always decided the unity of this country.
In 1966, Gowon resolved that the north would break away from Nigeria and they northerners were fully committed to it...until queen Elizabeth sent her people to him and the very next day, Gowon made a 360 degree U-turn and said that Nigeria would remain one. So consequently, when Ojukwu declared independence for Biafra, it was still the north that decided otherwise.
It has always been their decision. Any ethnic group that seeks to be independent would have to get approval from the north. But the day, the north decides to break away, they wouldn't be needing anybody's permission. They'll just take it as they do with everything else. That's part of the unfairness Okupe talked about. The servant master relationship with every ethnic group in Nigeria, not just the Yorubas as he claims. It pervades every strata of public service such that an average northerner sees his southern superiors or subordinates as lower class citizens as far as the national cake of Nigeria is concerned, hence their loyalty is to their own kin and not to the nation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 24, 2018
efighter:

Yes ooooo, there is unity in Igboland. All Igbos are in agreement to do drug trafficking, armed robbery, kidnapping and prostitution.
Go and worship Tinubu grin

Igbo amaka grin

6 Likes

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by BabaAduras: 8:20pm On Jan 24, 2018
Nigeria is a wonderful place where all the "thieves that stole our commonwealth to near extinction" are now terming themselves as opinion leaders on the way forward for the Nigeria. It is a shame.

I am a Christian Yoruba man, I have no reason whatsoever to regret the association of Southwest with the Northerners.

If you go through the history of Nigeria Leaders, I have come to realisation that when it comes to stealing of our commonwealth, there is no tribal distinctions between the tribe of the looters, but when it comes to having the gut to ignore consequences of been unpopular and move the country forward, it is only the Leaders from the North that have excelled.

After the civil war what we have had are

Gowon/Awolowo - clueless, did not take right decisions to invest in our future in the midst of abundance.
Muritala/Obasanjo - though short stay, put the country on the part to greatness.
Obasanjo/Yaradua - live and lets live. Did a little to move the country forward.
Shagari/Ekuweme - live and lets live. Did nothing to move the country forward. Start of regression.
Buhari/Idiagbon - the best we have ever had. Ignore popularity vote, put the country on path to greatness with the very short stay.
Babangida/Ikuwe - reversed all the gains of previous administration to win popularity vote. Popularised corruption, battered the moral fabric of the nation.
Shonekan - never ruled. He was just a figure-head. Abacha was in command.
Abacha/Diya - Institutionalised corruption. Destroyed all the moral fabric of the nation.
Abdusalam/ - Live and lets live, Looting continued. Made no effort to correct anything or rock the boat till he handed over to OBJ.
Obasanjo/Atiku - Pretended to be our saviour while amassing huge wealth to themselves. Looting and live and lets live continued. Pretending to be fighting corruption only to use EFCC to fight his political opponents. Promoted political assassinations.
Yaradua/Jonathan - started brilliantly but bad-health made him loose control of government. Looting started again after loss of control.
Jonathan/Sambo - the worst looting spree ever recorded in the annals of the country. Looting during Abacha/Diya regime pales compared to what obtained during this era. Looted Nigeria to near extinction. Had no gut to take any serious decisions to move the country forward. Was termed the clueless one. Promoted militancy and political assassinations to the highest level. Riff-rafts from nowhere were really running the show with Mama P. He was never in control of the nation.
Buhari/Osinbajo - Struggling to reintroduce moral values to a battered people and trying to bring Nigeria with battered economy back from the brink of extinction. Fighting corruption at all levels and becoming very unpopular as usual because he hurting powerful people that have huge stolen resources at their disposal. Moving the country in the right direction in all way. Time will tell the remaining story.

These are facts, it only the Muslim Hausas/Fulanis that have anytime tried to take the bull by the horn and move the country in the right direction.
Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by Guyman02: 8:23pm On Jan 24, 2018
Starting from the Fulani betrayal of Afonja who associated with them politically. But will they learn?

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by Akiika: 8:25pm On Jan 24, 2018
Doyin, FFK, Reno Omokri etc are just rattled that there is no food from Government again. Make all your noise, if Buhari contests, he'll win.
Northerners are not ready to abandon him and the Westerners are smart enough to see your shenanigans.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by Akiika: 8:29pm On Jan 24, 2018
blantyre:
There is nothing like any master and servant relationship between the north and the west. We are in a democracy and no region no matter how populous can boast of going it alone to get what it wants politically. And fair enough the West cannot say it is neglected by this administration. And talking about herdsmen excesses, how many of us care or even condemn the indiscrimate killing of Fulanis in mambila and numan, are they not human beings, countless Fulanis are being killed daily at every opportunity in the bushes just because they have no access to the media and they don't parade their deads, people just always assumed that they are the bad guys. It is a natural justice for the north to have more states and locals governments because one the landmass is huge and the population is there too. Take a look at American electoral colleges too, it is determined by landmass and population

Your audience are largely ignorant and panders to emotion, they don't follow logic.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by olajizz01(m): 8:48pm On Jan 24, 2018
zeuchineesnacks:
my dear when slavery is in your DNA this is what happens. No amount of beating will cure the Afonjas. They bow and prostrate to anything. They are indeed the curse of the south
I think that is why we are ahead of u all useless regions,most esp. SS and SE.that is why ur heaven is SW,that was why u didnt have any strong political figure in ur hell called region. Beside,when we voted ur slowpoke adopted son (gej),the result was even worse more than this. The imdomie okupe is pdp and wanted to impress u fools in SS,SE.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 24, 2018
LZAA:

grin grin

Make I shoe you how your elders went to disgrace you begging to be president in 2023? grin

Bunch of losers

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 24, 2018
divicoded:

Make I shoe you how your elders went to disgrace you begging to be president in 2023? grin

Bunch of losers
But why is this Yoruba matter paining you like this na grin

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by AnanseK(m): 9:03pm On Jan 24, 2018
Before you Stone Buhari,please read this!

Obasanjo as Nigeria's moral compass

Simon Kolawole Live | THISDAY | 18 January 2015

For the life of me, I will never understand how former President Olusegun Obasanjo does it. When you think he is done, he has just begun. I have watched in utter amusement how he has, yet again, wangled his way into the front page of newspapers on a daily basis. I don’t know of any other former head of state elsewhere who has turned himself into the subject and object of national attention long after he has left power. Obasanjo is always there, always scheming, always screaming. It is his luck, I must say, but, as a mere mortal, I often wonder why some guys have all the luck.

Obasanjo, amazingly, has become a god or a saint to many Nigerians. Many politicians, commentators, journalists, activists and youths who used to criticise him are now celebrating him as our moral compass. The people he has brutalised before — such as Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and Rt. Hon. Rotimi Amaechi — go to Abeokuta to genuflect to him. Even Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, of all people, goes to Obasanjo's house to pay homage. And President Goodluck Jonathan goes to Abeokuta to kowtow to him, with two respected pastors in tow.

How does Obasanjo do it? Can anyone help me out? He has a word on every issue. He expresses his opinion so forcefully, so eloquently and so mischievously that you just cannot ignore him. He loves to criticise what he is patently guilty of. He loves to vilify anyone who does not worship at his temple. There is no accusation Obasanjo throws at anyone that he himself is not double guilty of. He has launched ferocious media attacks against most of his successors — President Shehu Shagari, Gen. Ibrahim Babangida, President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua and Jonathan. Only Gen. Sani Abacha pre-empted him by throwing him into jail before he could open his mouth.

Obasanjo complains about corruption and Nigerians hail him. What's his moral high ground? Can someone tell me? Has anybody never heard about the Halliburton and Siemens scandals? The damning reports are there in the attorney-general's office. Does the name Dr. Julius Makanjuola ring a bell? Under Obasanjo, he was the permanent secretary of the ministry of defence implicated in a N421 million scandal. Mysteriously, the case was abruptly closed with Nolle Prosequi (no further prosecution) — the first in Nigeria's history.

Well, Obasanjo went on to set up the anti-graft agency, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), headed by Malam Nuhu Ribadu, which — in fairness — did kick the backsides of many politicians. But EFCC could not tackle Obasanjo's own corruption: from the obscene fundraiser for his private library to his shareholding in Transcorp — a company that was getting juicy stuff from a government superintended by Obasanjo. Have we all forgotten the scandalous waivers granted to all kinds of human beings, officially defrauding our treasury billions of dollars?

Does anybody remember that Obasanjo was in power for eight years and we kept importing fuel, with PDP financiers getting the contracts through local and foreign fronts? Forgotten so easily? Does anybody remember how much we spent on repairing refineries that kept "knocking" for the eight years that Obasanjo was in power? Does anybody still remember Obasanjo saying on national TV that he did not know the price of kerosene and it was "unacceptable" that it was more expensive than petrol? How does Obasanjo get away with hoodwinking Nigerians?

Do we still remember that Obasanjo did not resolve the electricity problem for eight years? Do we still remember the "$16 billion spent on power without results" for which Obasanjo arrogantly refused to appear before the House probe panel? Is it that we have forgotten that the damning report was killed? Do we still remember that Obasanjo did not add one coach to the railways throughout his tenure despite spending billions of dollars? Does anybody still remember how many federal highways were in terrible state for the eight years that Obasanjo spent in power? Have we forgotten the Benin-Shagamu road saga? Just like that?

When Obasanjo discusses insecurity, I cringe. From every available evidence, Boko Haram started right under his nose. If he had aborted the foetus, maybe we wouldn't be engaged in fire-fighting today. I have heard many Nigerians say, perhaps innocently, that if Obasanjo had been in power he would have crushed Boko Haram by now. Really? How well did he crush the less complex militancy in the Niger Delta? Was it not under Obasanjo that the militancy started in 2004 and flourished?

To the best of my knowledge, militants were bombing oil installations and kidnapping oil workers with ease under Obasanjo. At a stage, daily crude oil production fell to about 900,000 barrels — from the height of 2.5m. In fact, we were later told that why Obasanjo picked Jonathan as the running mate to Yar'Adua was to appease the Niger Delta. Of course, nobody was appeased. The attacks continued until Yar'Adau offered an amnesty deal. How these facts conveniently escape us is beyond my understanding.

Insecurity? Abacha's regime aside, more Nigerians were assassinated under Obasanjo's watch than at any time in our history. The abridged roll-call: Chief Bola Ige, a serving minister; Chief Marshall Harry, co-ordinator of the Buhari presidential campaign in 2003; Chief AK Dikibo, PDP chieftain and ally of former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar; Chief Uche Ogbonnaya (OGB), an ANPP senatorial candidate in Imo state in 2003; and Mr. Barnabas Igwe and his wife, Amaka, in Onitsha. The assassins were never unmasked. What is insecurity?

How did Obasanjo become our moral compass? How did he become such a highly sought-after role model? Has anybody ever managed to read the affidavit Obasanjo's own son, Gbenga, filed while seeking a divorce from his wife on the ground of incest and adultery? It doesn't matter? Has anybody ever taken time to read the letter Iyabo wrote to her father, giving graphic details of his megalomania and duplicity? It doesn't matter? Has anybody ever done a recap of the blatant rigging of elections under the "saint"? It doesn't matter?

Obasanjo pontificates on impunity and we hail him. What happened to us? Dr. Chris Ngige, as governor of Anambra state, was abducted by Obasanjo's associates. Have we forgotten the illegal impeachment of Alhaji Rashidi Ladoja as governor of Oyo state? What about the impeachment of Chief Joshua Dariye as governor of Plateau by eight out of 24 lawmakers? For three years, Obasanjo unconstitutionally withheld Lagos council allocations because of political differences. It took Yar'Adua only a few days in power to undo the impunity.

They say, 'Oh, Obasanjo is a patriot. He has the best interest of Nigeria at heart.' Really? Can Obasanjo look up to heavens and say, solemnly, that he had the best interest of Nigeria at heart when he was picking his successor? Such a character cannot be my own moral compass. With a moral compass like Obasanjo, though, Nigeria is doomed and damned.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by olajizz01(m): 9:08pm On Jan 24, 2018
chiedu7:

So, u want to compare vp with speaker. U see,in this govt,we own Vp,chief wipe,deputy speaker,power/works minister,health,finance,communication ministers etc.Tell us what we benefitted from ur slowpoke son/adopted son regime.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by shekauvsbuhari: 9:16pm On Jan 24, 2018
Biety:
Okupe is an elder but here, he's clearly speaking like a kid or like an OSU politician.

Can any region achieve anything without romancing other regions?
Or can any politician become heavyweight without building bridges across the country?

Why is the old man now saying rubbish and thereby making the OSUS from the backward region that is currently in political relegation happy..

As long as Nigeria remains one, friendship between different regions will continue.

on a master/slave equation? He is not against friendship but de attitude of de northerners to it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ezekwesili To DSS: Stop Embarrassing Yourself, Tell Us Truth Of Emefiele Matter / Mubashiru Abiola Is Dead (MKO Abiola's Younger Brother) / Gov Fayose welcomes Sultan of Sokoto to Ekiti state (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.