Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? (36760 Views)

Olawale Oluwo: Tinubu Vs Ambode - What Really Happened - Ex-Commissioner Reveals / Alaafin Of Oyo Supports Buhari, Slams Obasanjo 'who Never Did All They Wanted' / Obasanjo: Who Want Things To Continue Like This; His Head Must Be Checked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by farem: 10:31am On Jan 26, 2018
Newpride:
Obj is far far more powerful, stronger both national and internationally than Tinubu. Where Tinubu will do open campaign for people to hear him, obj will stay in his bedroom and his voice will be heard.

....and how many votes has that translated to?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by jumobi1(m): 10:33am On Jan 26, 2018
Tinubu is currently more powerful but Obasanjo is more respected.
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by onatisi(m): 10:37am On Jan 26, 2018
Badonasty:

Jagaban na local champion...OBJ Na international champion...foreign leaders respect obj die
But foreign leaders don't determine who wins ward elections in the south west of Nigeria . The OP was clear about his question and he said who pulls more weight in SOUTH WEST POLITICS OF NIGERIA,
There is no 2 ways about it ,tinubu pulls more weight.most elections even obj party usually loses even obj ward elections .tinubu grip on Lagos politics alone is enough to attest to the fact that he pulls more weight in the south west.he Ac and acn are products of his political ingenuity. Even the present demonic party is the product of his political deftness. Obj has never formed or created any political party from the scratch. Go through obj history ,he is just always there at the right time when others have completed the dirty works.tinubu leads his followers and foot men .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by Nobody: 10:43am On Jan 26, 2018
FlyoruB:

Abi. Obj wey no even fit deliver him ward for election. *hiss* He's a respected elder statesmen but that is where it ends.

Ur confused.
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by Badonasty(m): 10:49am On Jan 26, 2018
onatisi:

But foreign leaders don't determine who wins ward elections in the south west of Nigeria . The OP was clear about his question and he said who pulls more weight in SOUTH WEST POLITICS OF NIGERIA,
There is no 2 ways about it ,tinubu pulls more weight.most elections even obj party usually loses even obj ward elections .tinubu grip on Lagos politics alone is enough to attest to the fact that he pulls more weight in the south west.he Ac and acn are products of his political ingenuity. Even the present demonic party is the product of his political deftness. Obj has never formed or created any political party from the scratch. Go through obj history ,he is just always there at the right time when others have completed the dirty works.tinubu leads his followers and foot men .

I fully agree with you sir

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by uvalued(m): 10:50am On Jan 26, 2018
Jilo83:
Tell me how many Obasanjo men in govt.
Buhari of course and now its every man for himself
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 26, 2018
Object for sure, he has nothing to lose. If he writes you a letter, then your own don finish

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by opo501: 10:53am On Jan 26, 2018
OBJ can call for a meeting of all who is who in South West be it APC or PDP atleast 50% will respond.
Can Tinubu get same result?
And what does OBJ need South West for when he has the whole country?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by kayfra: 11:06am On Jan 26, 2018
The question asks who is more powerful in the SW. The answer is Tinubu.

This is how Nigerian kids fail exams. Nobody asked who was more powerful nationwide.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by Kennedy767(m): 11:11am On Jan 26, 2018
BabaO2:

OBJ is just a selfish/greedy person that should be insulted. He had opportunity to bring Ibb to book if he's that sincere as a Nigerian that he's claiming, he never did that and nobody wrote letter against him or complained against him to step down. He never restructured the country against his wishes now. No one wrote letter against him to step down. Probably, he has collected money/promised the likes of Elumelu to install them as president.
so what are u saying now Oga?...PMB should continue?...OBJ said exactly what is going on in the country... NIGERIANS NEEDS TO THANK OBJ For coming out BOLDLY ..some of u thinks as lower animals...am from delta not Yoruba...OBJ is the BEST PRESIDENT Nigeria/Africa have produce....I can remembered vividly that a litre of fuel was sold at #60 in OBJ regime

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by Ifesinachi22(m): 11:12am On Jan 26, 2018
Since non of them has a statue in Owerri they are nobody in Nigeria politics

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by reality1010: 11:21am On Jan 26, 2018
Prechbills:
Is Tinubu More Powerful Than OBJ In The South West?

Who is boss between tinubu and obasanjo because some people have been saying tinubu can deliver 80 / 90% for buhari..so I'm asking yorubas and others... Who is the most powerful man in the south as a whole sef..isn't it obj?

With the objection of obj to buhari's policies now I believe buhari can only have 35% in the south west.. Never underestimate obj like seriously. Forget tinubu.. Obj can frustrate tinubu and buhari at the same time.

Share your opinions

Please mods post to FP
This is a very serious thread
The two of them will betray each other.I pray they don't clash because south west will boil like volcano.The ppl don't tolerate opposition.
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by onatisi(m): 11:23am On Jan 26, 2018
kayfra:
The question asks who is more powerful in the SW. The answer is Tinubu.

This is how Nigerian kids fail exams. Nobody asked who was more powerful nationwide.
Thank you ooo.
The op specifically state south west but many are talking about nationwide
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by onatisi(m): 11:24am On Jan 26, 2018
reality1010:

The two of them will betray each other.I pray they don't clash because south west will boil like volcano.The ppl don't tolerate opposition.
Even tinubu won't support buhari candidacy in 2019, presently buhari Na bad market.
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by Danladi7: 11:28am On Jan 26, 2018
Mastermindx:

Are u mad?
Study obj carefully, u will notice the qualities of a great leader in him.
He his both feared and respected as a leader
No,I am not mad grin

But you and your parents are mad grin

only mad people reply civil comment in a crazy manner on a faceless forum like you just did.
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by reality1010: 11:29am On Jan 26, 2018
Kennedy767:
so what are u saying now Oga?...PMB should continue?...OBJ said exactly what is going on in the country... NIGERIANS NEEDS TO THANK OBJ For coming out BOLDLY ..some of u thinks as lower animals...am from delta not Yoruba...OBJ is the BEST PRESIDENT Nigeria/Africa have produce....I can remembered vividly that a litre of fuel was sold at #60 in OBJ regime
What did OBJ say that have not been know to be going on in Nigeria?Why should Nigerians thank him for speaking his pocket.Four 4 months ago obj was on CNN to tell d world that pmb was performing to his satisfaction only to write an epistle that pmb is a failure.So many well meaning Nigerians v been speaking against this govt from d word go obj came out now because he knows d govt is over.If u read obj letter d intro talks about his self pride as if he could do something whereas he had d best opportunities in Nigeria but failed.Like I keep saying,OBJ is only predicting a football match score that has ended 24hrs ago.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by Gazzy88(m): 11:36am On Jan 26, 2018
TolaTosin:

2019 is not far, But don't forget how he was disgraced in Ondo in 2017

Ogun & Oyo elections will prove rest
God bless you. This people don't even understand that tinubu has been sidelined. He never supported akeredolu but the dude won. Look at how amosun and ajimobi are challenging his authority both in Ogun and Oyo respectively while some novice still believe he still commands respect. Osun election will finally put nail in his political career coffin. I'm not talking based on hearsays,I'm on ground and I know how things are going. OBJ,without him,Buhari would have not won in 2015. Take it or leave him. If someone can control the whole country, what's there in SW that he can't influence. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 26, 2018
Give it to obasanjo
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by Blow074: 11:43am On Jan 26, 2018
Tinubu is more influential in the SW but OBJ Is more influential in the Country
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by fuke(m): 11:57am On Jan 26, 2018
Tinubu is the boss in SW
and bnot by yards but miles.
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by donqx: 12:09pm On Jan 26, 2018
my God
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by Evidenx(m): 12:11pm On Jan 26, 2018
SweetJoystick:
That one no concern me, wetin concern me be say Buhari must leave Aso rock come 2019

Just noticed Tinubu's cap is always with just one particular design. shocked
that design is what makes him powerful.. the day he changes it he will die... that's the instruction they gave him..
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by fesla: 12:16pm On Jan 26, 2018
Tinubu all the way Obj has no command in south West.
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by makky555(f): 12:30pm On Jan 26, 2018
Buhari is smiley
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by deebrownneymar: 12:48pm On Jan 26, 2018
lilfreezy:
OBASANJO is more powerful not only in the south West but Nigeria as a whole. He is the only person northerners fear.

I concur.
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by olatuns2017: 12:54pm On Jan 26, 2018
Danladi7:

fayose alone is belittling Obasanjo while he respect tinubu.

I PRAY TINUBU N OBJ WORKS AGAINST PMB
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by Koladelampard: 12:59pm On Jan 26, 2018
SweetJoystick:
That one no concern me, wetin concern me be say Buhari must leave Aso rock come 2019

Yeah .. he has been wearing the ”Sofisticat” trademark design cap since he became Senator
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by FlyoruB: 2:26pm On Jan 26, 2018
Gazzy88:
God bless you. This people don't even understand that tinubu has been sidelined. He never supported akeredolu but the dude won. Look at how amosun and ajimobi are challenging his authority both in Ogun and Oyo respectively while some novice still believe he still commands respect. Osun election will finally put nail in his political career coffin. I'm not talking based on hearsays,I'm on ground and I know how things are going. OBJ,without him,Buhari would have not won in 2015. Take it or leave him. If someone can control the whole country, what's there in SW that he can't influence. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Akuko. Pray tell exactly what Obj contributed to Buhari's elsction? Is it money or votes? You are a joker. Be sincere for once in your life if possible. I know your hatred for Tinubu stems from Yayi's ambition. In your twisted mind Tinubu must be the one egging on Yayi. Your boss Amosun himself owes his governorship to the same Tinubu you are harboring so much irrational bile toward. Daniel pretty much isolated SIA in Ogun politics until Tinubu gave him a platform (ACN) through which he was able to realize his ambition to become governor -- a feat that a thousand OBJ's couldn't achieve for his fellow owu man in Ogun state -- heck, OBJ even supported a different candidate against Amosun in 2011. Amosun is on record for stating categorically that Tinubu is his benefactor (
http://www.peoplenpolitics.com/2016/12/my-father-told-me-not-to-disappoint.html?m=1 ,
http://dailypost.ng/2016/12/24/release-video-castigated-tinubu-amosun-dares-traitors/ ), while ignoramus like you are here foaming on the mouth for nothing. Even if Amosun stabs him in the back tomorrow it won't be a big deal coz he won't be the first to do such. As for Ajimobi, he's not in contention with BAT as you falsely allege (and he has publicly stated that much that he's not an ingrate) coz Tinubu has given him and every other SW governor he's given a platform the freedom and latitude to run their governments without interference. Regardless of what you lots wish Tinubu, or whether APC loses Osun as you so gleefully wish, fact remains that he has etched his name and earned his place and stripes in the annals of Nigeria and Yoruba/SW political history. No amount of bad-belle from your likes can alter/erase or change that. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by figure007(m): 2:38pm On Jan 26, 2018
SweetJoystick:

you just noticed keep?? From day o e of my life have not seen any other design on him before.... Just like Oyin state Governor with his cap style until.. Gogoro.. Lol
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by figure007(m): 2:39pm On Jan 26, 2018
aolawale025:
Lagos may slip out of tinubu's hand by 2019. The margins between winner and loser in the 2011 and 2015 elections have been narrowing in Lagos.
says who? With the trend of works going on in that state no other party can take over for now Sir

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by HIPROFILE(m): 2:48pm On Jan 26, 2018
BabaO2:

OBJ is just a selfish/greedy person that should be insulted. He had opportunity to bring Ibb to book if he's that sincere as a Nigerian that he's claiming, he never did that and nobody wrote letter against him or complained against him to step down. He never restructured the country against his wishes now. No one wrote letter against him to step down. Probably, he has collected money/promised the likes of Elumelu to install them as president.

Brother this thing weh you type here eeh... Biko you fit record am while reciting it then listen to it as audio like x3...

Just tell me how much elumelu fit give OBJ

Seems ur view about OBJ is just as a past Nigerian president baba that man money can buy this country, take it or take it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abubakar Rabiu Hosts Ram Party To Celebrate Buhari’s Return From UK / Kankara Schoolboys’ Abduction & Rescue Is Scam — Afenifere / Arase Says His Official Good-bye To Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.