Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,764 members, 7,831,453 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? (36824 Views)

Olawale Oluwo: Tinubu Vs Ambode - What Really Happened - Ex-Commissioner Reveals / Alaafin Of Oyo Supports Buhari, Slams Obasanjo 'who Never Did All They Wanted' / Obasanjo: Who Want Things To Continue Like This; His Head Must Be Checked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by misgab: 3:19pm On Jan 26, 2018
Let me clarify you.
1. OBJ is a lover of Nigeria is on record that he is the only de-tribalised leader ever to rule this country while Tinubu i all business
2. OBJ will enter partnership with you and backout if you start fumbling but Tinubu will stay on, never learns from his mistakes
3. Tinubu needs to mobilise people for you with money while baba will only make a pronouncement. Ebora owu
4. Tinubu's clout stops in Lagos and Osun while OBJ is all weather as in Tiwa Savege song ALL Over the world
5. Tinubu has not achieved 1/100 of what OBJ has achieved in his lifetime. There is more but i will stop here
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by Dasini: 3:22pm On Jan 26, 2018
No doubt tinubu for me has shown how influential he is in Nigeria politics, since 1999 when he came to power. When all AD governors lost election in 2003, he alone was victorious. I remembered how Obasanjo wielded the federal power, despite all that, people came out for him, and he defeated PDP at the end. And if histroy serves me right, obasanjo hardly wins election in Southwest, the only time he succeeded was in his second term to become president, which he obviously achieved by using federal might and entering a frivolous agreement with governors in southwest then, which he reneged on. Even at another election in 2007, Obasanjo's daugter, Iyabo lost a senate seat. Tinubu has progressively grown as politician into an image of a king maker not only in Lagos, but Nigeria. This he achieved when virtually all governors from his southwestern state won under ACN. Obasanjo contributed nothing to Buhari emergence. He only showed support when the pendulum already showed where it was moving. Tinubu gave all, in the quest to ensure buhari won the election. Obasanjo only enjoys priveledge of being a past president, tinubu anyday plays politics better than Obasanjo, be it in ideology, programmes, policy, political characters he presents. He is a well of ideas on politically related issues and governance. Only my brothers from the east underate him, we his kinsmen value him more. Those who underates this man should watch out for 2018 elections in Lagos, Southwest and Nigeria as a whole. Because his view matters more to me than any politician. There are politicians and politicians, tinubu stands out.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by deji17: 3:22pm On Jan 26, 2018
FlyoruB:

Abi. Obj wey no even fit deliver him ward for election. He's a respected elder statesmen but that is where it ends.

OBJ who could not deliver his own child victory ?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by ridbell01(m): 3:24pm On Jan 26, 2018
aolawale025:
Lagos may slip out of tinubu's hand by 2019. The margins between winner and loser in the 2011 and 2015 elections have been narrowing in Lagos.
oga the margin at the next election will shock you en only God can detrone that Tinubu.. go back to history and check the stat

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by Kay25(m): 3:55pm On Jan 26, 2018
Till tommorow obj will still be powerful and relevant than tinubu.obj is one of dos that you may hate hime yet you can't do without him when it comes to government but tinubu u can sideline verywell in politics.
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by jiorhemen(m): 4:18pm On Jan 26, 2018
TolaTosin:

2019 is not far, But don't forget how he was disgraced in Ondo in 2017

Ogun & Oyo elections will prove rest

Sir, he wasn't disgraced in Ondo. Yes, it's true that the candidate he supported, Segun Abraham lost. However, Tinubu did not actively work against Akeredolu in the general election. He gave Buhari his word after Akeredolu defeated Segun Abraham in the primaries that he was not gonna work against the party, and that was why in the statement Buhari released after Akeredolu's victory, he commended Tinubu. Please understand this, there is a difference between not wanting a candidate and actively working against a candidate. There is a difference between not being happy with a candidate, and activating all your political machineries to work against the candidate. While Tinubu did not actively support Akeredolu's candidacy, he never used his political might to work against him either.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by Starkid3010(m): 4:34pm On Jan 26, 2018
usba:
Tinubu is more powerful as he has a more formidable political machinery in the SW. But Yoruba are a different kind of voters as they don't vote just based on direction by political heavyweights.
yea u are ryt
ambode , aregbeshola and ajimobi are his close servants
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by FRANKOSKI(m): 5:04pm On Jan 26, 2018
OBASANJO IS A SNAKE AND TINUBU IS A SKUNK. sad
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by seunfape(m): 5:06pm On Jan 26, 2018
For me oo ,non of them .
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by blacknp(m): 5:25pm On Jan 26, 2018
SweetJoystick:
That one no concern me, wetin concern me be say Buhari must leave Aso rock come 2019

Just noticed Tinubu's cap is always with just one particular design. shocked
You just noticed Asiwaju's trademark and you say you follow Nigerian Politics?Dreamer, no be only Buhari must leave The Villa your papa must enter also and Alhaji Shehu Shagari must return?Despicable e Goat.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by blacknp(m): 5:32pm On Jan 26, 2018
BabaO2:

OBJ is just a selfish/greedy person that should be insulted. He had opportunity to bring Ibb to book if he's that sincere as a Nigerian that he's claiming, he never did that and nobody wrote letter against him or complained against him to step down. He never restructured the country against his wishes now. No one wrote letter against him to step down. Probably, he has collected money/promised the likes of Elumelu to install them as president.
True Talk like MTN.
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by Danladi7: 5:44pm On Jan 26, 2018
olatuns2017:

I PRAY TINUBU N OBJ WORKS AGAINST PMB
I PRAY OBJ DEMYSTIFIED
AND Igbos DISGRACED
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by Lot13(m): 5:58pm On Jan 26, 2018
Tinubu is second to none in today's SW politics.
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 26, 2018
jiorhemen:

Sir, he wasn't disgraced in Ondo. Yes, it's true that the candidate he supported, Segun Abraham lost. However, Tinubu did not actively work against Akeredolu in the general election. He gave Buhari his word after Akeredolu defeated Segun Abraham in the primaries that he was not gonna work against the party, and that was why in the statement Buhari released after Akeredolu's victory, he commended Tinubu. Please understand this, there is a difference between not wanting a candidate and actively working against a candidate. There is a difference between not being happy with a candidate, and activating all your political machineries to work against the candidate. While Tinubu did not actively support Akeredolu's candidacy, he never used his political might to work against him either.

Hahhaha story, keep consoling yourself.

If his candidate could not get ticket, where is his influence at in Ondo state even at party level
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by eniorisha(m): 8:15pm On Jan 26, 2018
Who is still taking OBJ serious? He eventually av problems with his once-anointed sons & daughters. Moreover, check d leaders each of Obasanjo & Tinubu recruited for d country. All leaders Obasanjo gv us are error-personified. Even d lunatic know Tinubu is a better & more powerful leader.
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by Walexybobo(m): 8:53pm On Jan 26, 2018
proxillin:

Obasanjo is the president of all world ex-president. He is an international man
confirm! ma international guy.
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by olabrad: 9:13pm On Jan 26, 2018
lilfreezy:
OBASANJO is more powerful not only in the south West but Nigeria as a whole. He is the only person northerners fear.

And I wonder why
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by alizma: 9:45pm On Jan 26, 2018
lilfreezy:

The north only understands the language of fear, which they always use against the southerners. Tinubu is a soft Democrat and nothersners will always control such. OBASANJO knows how to take the game to them.
Obasanjo will personally contradict your statement, "Tinubu is a soft Democrat".
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by lilfreezy: 9:55pm On Jan 26, 2018
olabrad:

And I wonder why

He knows where everyone buried their dead bodies wink

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by millhouse: 10:49pm On Jan 26, 2018
anigbajumo:

U can do better,another piece of lies.
ignoramus
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by NASTYNASOSO: 12:39am On Jan 27, 2018
lilfreezy:
OBASANJO is more powerful not only in the south West but Nigeria as a whole. He is the only person northerners fear.

HMMMMMMMMMMMM

RUBBISH
AS IF IT WAS NOT THE NORTHERNERS THAT PUT HIM ON ON THE PRESIDENTIAL SEAT TWICE .
MUMU
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by jiorhemen(m): 2:58pm On Jan 27, 2018
TolaTosin:

Hahhaha story, keep consoling yourself.

If his candidate could not get ticket, where is his influence at in Ondo state even at party level

The last time I checked, Tinubu is a human being, not a political party. So nothing like "his candidate."

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by Gazzy88(m): 3:03pm On Jan 27, 2018
FlyoruB:

Akuko. Pray tell exactly what Obj contributed to Buhari's elsction? Is it money or votes? You are a joker. Be sincere for once in your life if possible. I know your hatred for Tinubu stems from Yayi's ambition. In your twisted mind Tinubu must be the one egging on Yayi. Your boss Amosun himself owes his governorship to the same Tinubu you are harboring so much irrational bile toward. Daniel pretty much isolated SIA in Ogun politics until Tinubu gave him a platform (ACN) through which he was able to realize his ambition to become governor -- a feat that a thousand OBJ's couldn't achieve for his fellow owu man in Ogun state -- heck, OBJ even supported a different candidate against Amosun in 2011. Amosun is on record for stating categorically that Tinubu is his benefactor (
http://www.peoplenpolitics.com/2016/12/my-father-told-me-not-to-disappoint.html?m=1 ,
http://dailypost.ng/2016/12/24/release-video-castigated-tinubu-amosun-dares-traitors/ ), while ignoramus like you are here foaming on the mouth for nothing. Even if Amosun stabs him in the back tomorrow it won't be a big deal coz he won't be the first to do such. As for Ajimobi, he's not in contention with BAT as you falsely allege (and he has publicly stated that much that he's not an ingrate) coz Tinubu has given him and every other SW governor he's given a platform the freedom and latitude to run their governments without interference. Regardless of what you lots wish Tinubu, or whether APC loses Osun as you so gleefully wish, fact remains that he has etched his name and earned his place and stripes in the annals of Nigeria and Yoruba/SW political history. No amount of bad-belle from your likes can alter/erase or change that. undecided
You're just being petty with your reasoning,Mr ode. First and foremost, you showed your dementia prowess by calling me names because I never did that in my initial post which shows how lost you've been to your BAT agenda. What party do you belongs to? Have you ever tasted the real politics before? I mean the real ground work so to speak. I know your ilks. You just think sitting in the corner of your room,reading some falsified reports on internet and coming into conclusion that everything is business as usual. Why did your tinubu lose to akeredolu in the ondo election? I'm sure you know tinubu never wants him there. To burst your twisted brain,it was this same amosun and others who backed him wholly. I have proofs to back that and if you have a contrary proof,come out openly and tell me I'm lying. Have you ever heard the phrase "all politics is local" ever before? Do you know the meaning? Amosun won the 2017 election in Ogun state under ANPP same way Ajimobi did under the same party in Oyo but they were vehemently denied their mandates. Tinubu knew Amosun already have the fanbase ahead of other candidates and it would be suicidal if he was ignored hence his choice. I also have proof for that and I'm challenging your crusted mind to counter that. Tinubu is a great politician,no doubt about that but I can tell you he's fast losing relevance. Osun election will surprise him and his APC cohorts. Politics is a game of numbers. I understand how election works thanks to my previous involvement before I left so don't think you're just talking to a novice. Yayi will lose same way GNI has been losing. It was same Amosun that introduced Gbenga Daniel to Ogun people. What am I even wasting my time with someone that thinks nigeria starts and ends in Lagos. Go to bourdillion and lick your tinubu ass. I was there before and now I've seen things clearer. Comparing OBJ to tinubu is akin to comparing an elephant to house rats. Igi imu jina sori.... Don't quote me again cos it seem you don't know what you're saying.
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by bluke(m): 3:35pm On Jan 27, 2018
none of the above
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by FlyoruB: 6:01pm On Jan 27, 2018
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by FlyoruB: 7:05pm On Jan 27, 2018
Gazzy88:
Why did your tinubu lose to akeredolu in the ondo election? I'm sure you know tinubu never wants him there. To burst your twisted brain,it was this same amosun and others who backed him wholly. I have proofs to back that and if you have a contrary proof,come out openly and tell me I'm lying.

Smh. I actually thought you were smart, but with the above you just proved how stupid, foolish and ignorant you actually are. The records of the Ondo primaries are out there you bittch a$$ cunt. Everyone knows that 'Abuja boys' (mainly FAYEMI) played the central role in Aketi's victory, while Amosun's role was more or less 'moral support'. (#FACT). The ONLY reason Aketi won that primary election was simply because Tinubu's camp was split between Abraham and Olusola Oke -- and the results clearly prove this. In spite of all the Abuja 'FEderal might', Aketi could only pull 669 votes, while Abraham pulled 635 and Oke pulled 576. There's no way in hell that the federal might would have succeeded had Oke's backers not played the spoiler, and I'm sure even you with your leaking brain would acknowledge that much.

Amosun won the 2017 election in Ogun state under ANPP same way Ajimobi did under the same party in Oyo but they were vehemently denied their mandates. Tinubu knew Amosun already have the fanbase ahead of other candidates and it would be suicidal if he was ignored hence his choice. I also have proof for that and I'm challenging your crusted mind to counter that.

E ma gba mi lowo ode yi ke. cheesy Did you say 2017 Under ANPP?? grin grin. Perhaps your dumb asss meant to say 2011(?) coz Amosun didn't win any election in 2017 (unless the one that maybe happened in your twisted mind). Now here are the FACTS! In 2011, Amosun was DESPERATE to join the ACN coz he KNEW he needed a WELL-GROUNDED party and platform to realize his ambition. At the time, he knew ANPP was practically DEAD AND BURIED, while Tinubu's ACN was the place to be in the SW after having added Ekiti, and Edo to its kitty. Amosun was smart enough to know that he stood NO CHANCE of realizing his ambition outside the ACN coz the PDP and PPN were NO-GO AREAS to him. Listen you fooll, if Amosun was so fantastic on his own he would definitely have joined a less well-grounded party (or stuck to his DEAD ANPP) to realize his ambition (rather than Tinubu's ACN), coz by then he was practically a wasted/has-been politician in desperate need of rehabilitation in Ogun politics and without any formidable base to confront the OBJ-controlled PDP or Daniel/Isiaka PPN. Asides that, another reason he desperately needed the ACN at the time was because the sentiments on ground in the state was for Ogun West to take over from Daniel, which was why both the PPN and PDP candidates in that election (Gboyega Isiaka & Olurin respectively) were picked from that axis. ONLY the WELL-OILED and POPULAR ACN with the massive goodwill it was enjoying at the time could upset that calculation. Amosun KNEW that only the ACN could enable him realistically achieve his governorship ambition under those circumstances. #FACT In his heart, I am sure even he will be eternally grateful (inspite of the contrary fantasies of sycophants like you) to Tinubu for giving him THE platform to realize his ambition. THAT IS REAL TALK and #TRUTH irrespective of your delusions.

I don't even need to go into Ajimobi's case, coz he also didn't realize his ambition until the same Tinubu gave him the ACN platform to contest under (matter of fact, Rasheed Ladoja was the original candidate Tinubu had in mind, but in his shortsightedness, he declined to accept ACN's offer to have him contest under the platform (falsely assuming that his popularity was enough to get him the seat -- now this was a person who was even way more popular than Amosun and had a strong base in his state), a decision that would most definitely have altered the course of his political career coz he had enough goodwill to maximize the ACN's own acceptance in addition to his to his advantage at the time, enough for him to coast home to victory. Unfortunately for him, since that decision he's not won another election since his impeachment), a fate that your Amosun was clever enough to avoid by joining the winning ACN team.

Tinubu is a great politician,no doubt about that but I can tell you he's fast losing relevance. Osun election will surprise him and his APC cohorts. Politics is a game of numbers. I understand how election works thanks to my previous involvement before I left so don't think you're just talking to a novice. Yayi will lose same way GNI has been losing. It was same Amosun that introduced Gbenga Daniel to Ogun people. What am I even wasting my time with someone that thinks nigeria starts and ends in Lagos. Go to bourdillion and lick your tinubu ass. I was there before and now I've seen things clearer. Comparing OBJ to tinubu is akin to comparing an elephant to house rats. Igi imu jina sori.... Don't quote me again cos it seem you don't know what you're saying.

Akuko. Gbenu oshi soun jo. You are just a bloody ignorant noisemaking nobody. Your peppersoup-joint analysis has definitely exposed that much about your pedigree. Yeah, Tinubu is fast losing relevance, yet you fawking haters can't keep his name out of your stinking mouths. Lmao. Damn, the guy is akin to a seed that his enemies tried to bury -- forgetting what buried seeds do best is to sprout/germinate to gain/cover more ground. Dude, you're a fawking nonentity.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by Gazzy88(m): 9:54pm On Jan 27, 2018
FlyoruB:

Smh. I actually thought you were smart, but with the above you just proved how stupid, foolish and ignorant you actually are. The records of the Ondo primaries are out there you bittch a$$ cunt. Everyone knows that 'Abuja boys' (mainly FAYEMI) played the central role in Aketi's victory, while Amosun's role was more or less 'moral support'. (#FACT). The ONLY reason Aketi won that primary election was simply because Tinubu's camp was split between Abraham and Olusola Oke -- and the results clearly prove this. In spite of all the Abuja 'FEderal might', Aketi could only pull 669 votes, while Abraham pulled 635 and Oke pulled 576. There's no way in hell that the federal might would have succeeded had Oke's backers not played the spoiler, and I'm sure even you with your leaking brain would acknowledge that much.

E ma gba mi lowo ode yi ke. cheesy Did you say 2017 Under ANPP?? grin grin. Perhaps your dumb asss meant to say 2011(?) coz Amosun didn't win any election in 2017 (unless the one that maybe happened in your twisted mind). Now here are the FACTS! In 2011, Amosun was DESPERATE to join the ACN coz he KNEW he needed a WELL-GROUNDED party and platform to realize his ambition. At the time, he knew ANPP was practically DEAD AND BURIED, while Tinubu's ACN was the place to be in the SW after having added Ekiti, and Edo to its kitty. Amosun was smart enough to know that he stood NO CHANCE of realizing his ambition outside the ACN coz the PDP and PPN were NO-GO AREAS to him. Listen you fooll, if Amosun was so fantastic on his own he would definitely have joined a less well-grounded party (or stuck to his DEAD ANPP) to realize his ambition (rather than Tinubu's ACN), coz by then he was practically a wasted/has-been politician in desperate need of rehabilitation in Ogun politics and without any formidable base to confront the OBJ-controlled PDP or Daniel/Isiaka PPN. Asides that, another reason he desperately needed the ACN at the time was because the sentiments on ground in the state was for Ogun West to take over from Daniel, which was why both the PPN and PDP candidates in that election (Gboyega Isiaka & Olurin respectively) were picked from that axis. ONLY the WELL-OILED and POPULAR ACN with the massive goodwill it was enjoying at the time could upset that calculation. Amosun KNEW that only the ACN could enable him realistically achieve his governorship ambition under those circumstances. #FACT In his heart, I am sure even he will be eternally grateful (inspite of the contrary fantasies of sycophants like you) to Tinubu for giving him THE platform to realize his ambition. THAT IS REAL TALK and #TRUTH irrespective of your delusions.

I don't even need to go into Ajimobi's case, coz he also didn't realize his ambition until the same Tinubu gave him the ACN platform to contest under (matter of fact, Rasheed Ladoja was the original candidate Tinubu had in mind, but in his shortsightedness, he declined to accept ACN's offer to have him contest under the platform (falsely assuming that his popularity was enough to get him the seat -- now this was a person who was even way more popular than Amosun and had a strong base in his state), a decision that would most definitely have altered the course of his political career coz he had enough goodwill to maximize the ACN's own acceptance in addition to his to his advantage at the time, enough for him to coast home to victory. Unfortunately for him, since that decision he's not won another election since his impeachment), a fate that your Amosun was clever enough to avoid by joining the winning ACN team.

Akuko. Gbenu oshi soun jo. You are just a bloody ignorant noisemaking nobody. Your peppersoup-joint analysis has definitely exposed that much about your pedigree. Yeah, Tinubu is fast losing relevance, yet you fawking haters can't keep his name out of your stinking mouths. Lmao. Damn, the guy is akin to a seed that his enemies tried to bury -- forgetting what buried seeds do best is to sprout/germinate to gain/cover more ground. Dude, you're a fawking nonentity.
What part of "don't ever quote me again" you don't understand? Do you have comprehension problems?
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by olapink: 10:05pm On Jan 27, 2018
The success of Tinubu is not because he ruled Lagos for two terms but it is the quality of leadership succession he has established in Lagos . The continuity of policies is the thing that makes Tinubu a successful leader in Lagos and perhaps in Nigeria. Obasanjo is not such a successful leader.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by FlyoruB: 10:23pm On Jan 27, 2018
Gazzy88:
What part of "don't ever quote me again" you don't understand? Do you have comprehension problems?

Werey. Ehn, mo de ti quote e, oya come and beat me you fooll. I actually quoted you in order to expose your ignorance and stupidity. Ode oshi.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. / FFK: Babatunde Fowler Is Out, Replaced By A Northern Muslim, Just As I Predicted / Wike Slams Atiku, Vows To Remain In PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.