Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,789 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

FG Rejects US Conditions On Sale Of 12 Super Tucano Planes - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Rejects US Conditions On Sale Of 12 Super Tucano Planes (28290 Views)

Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures / Sagay: It’s Insulting For United States To Give Conditions On Abacha's Loot / FG Rejects Governors’ N22,500 Minimum Wage Proposal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Rejects US Conditions On Sale Of 12 Super Tucano Planes by Fesomu(m): 9:02am On Jan 26, 2018
America is currently suffering from trump disease, don't mind the decisions emanating from there
Re: FG Rejects US Conditions On Sale Of 12 Super Tucano Planes by RemedyLab: 9:02am On Jan 26, 2018
cool
Re: FG Rejects US Conditions On Sale Of 12 Super Tucano Planes by lonelydora: 9:03am On Jan 26, 2018
AnodaIT:

Someone somewhere is hellbent on making billions from the deal, hence the desperation to push through

This is what Nigeria is planning to use in 2020 with money that can buy modern fighter jets

Most times i shake head for this country

2 Likes

Re: FG Rejects US Conditions On Sale Of 12 Super Tucano Planes by ugolinze123(m): 9:06am On Jan 26, 2018
na here you go fear guys way know about birds...nice one guys grin grin
Re: FG Rejects US Conditions On Sale Of 12 Super Tucano Planes by BruncleZuma: 9:07am On Jan 26, 2018
Tdayof come ooo
Re: FG Rejects US Conditions On Sale Of 12 Super Tucano Planes by Realdeals(m): 9:09am On Jan 26, 2018
If America did not bill Nigeria up to $494 million, they would have made it known and if the jet is available in the open market as insinuated by daily trust, why do Nigeria govt. requires approval from the US government.

2 Likes

Re: FG Rejects US Conditions On Sale Of 12 Super Tucano Planes by vioment: 9:10am On Jan 26, 2018
So this toy drone go follow be plane for 2020. When i say this a zoo i am being nice. Backward country.
Re: FG Rejects US Conditions On Sale Of 12 Super Tucano Planes by ruggedtimi(m): 9:10am On Jan 26, 2018
obailala:
12 od those piece of trash for $494million?.. What's going on here?
the whole thing weak me...

1 Like

Re: FG Rejects US Conditions On Sale Of 12 Super Tucano Planes by israelmao(m): 9:11am On Jan 26, 2018
What do you expect when Buhari went to UN election and voted against declaration of Jerusalem as capital instead of abstinence which was against America's wish.More indirect sanctions will play out in years to come except the power changes hand.

7 Likes

Re: FG Rejects US Conditions On Sale Of 12 Super Tucano Planes by olatunjithomas(m): 9:16am On Jan 26, 2018
Lai has proved himself again to be a big lier.
paragraph 11 says it all

2 Likes

Re: FG Rejects US Conditions On Sale Of 12 Super Tucano Planes by EternalTruths: 9:19am On Jan 26, 2018
Something Aba boys can build but will never build it for a Jihadist like Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: FG Rejects US Conditions On Sale Of 12 Super Tucano Planes by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 26, 2018
devindevin2000:
You are jumping from one country to another when you have Igbos who can build these things for you. This is not about Igbos being more educated or gifted, no, you have to understand the meaning of "NdIgbo or Ndi Gbo" which means "Ancient people". Many Igbos don't know know the meaning of their name to tell you how lost they are. Meaning, Igbo have built these things before in the former lives or civilizations, and these knowledge are just being reincarnated back into the new generations via DNA. Go and read books by Dr. Catherine Acholonu "They Lived Before Adam" and "Igbo Traditions Reveal Ancient Genetic Engineering."

These are powerful books, very deep and that will make you look carefully at Igbo people and why they are intentionally being repressed by the global powers...these people have documents on who the Igbos are. Igbos are alien to Africa, they migrated from the jewish land to Nigeria....
Bu ha ha ha ha ha ha......
Re: FG Rejects US Conditions On Sale Of 12 Super Tucano Planes by SalamRushdie: 9:24am On Jan 26, 2018
Reptyle:

If the US is giving us this kind of grief over the purchase of a few propeller driven birds, do you think they will be willing to sell us any jet propelled fighters even if we are willing to pay double the market price?

However, I agree with you that the prices of these Super Tucanos are grossly inflated even if one works in the cost of training, spare parts and munitions.

Exactly
Re: FG Rejects US Conditions On Sale Of 12 Super Tucano Planes by toxicbrain: 9:27am On Jan 26, 2018
a country's military might can never outgrow its level of science and technology.... if half this amount can be used to fund our tech schools to international standard...
technology is the present crude, and it's pathetic that our dear nation is devoid of that.

3 Likes

Re: FG Rejects US Conditions On Sale Of 12 Super Tucano Planes by dallyemmy: 9:27am On Jan 26, 2018
why not search for alternative from elsewhere instead...
Re: FG Rejects US Conditions On Sale Of 12 Super Tucano Planes by Nobody: 9:27am On Jan 26, 2018
; undecided undecided... Please do you really know anything about F16 Fighter Jet
SalamRushdie:
The F16 Falcon cost 18 million dollars per unit yet the Nigerian govt wants to buy archaic propeller driven plane for 41 million dollars each grin grin..I beg the senate to halt that deal as it is filled with intense corruption
Re: FG Rejects US Conditions On Sale Of 12 Super Tucano Planes by Fancybear: 9:29am On Jan 26, 2018
Nigeria should buy su30s modified for multi role missions.
Re: FG Rejects US Conditions On Sale Of 12 Super Tucano Planes by pooozeee(m): 9:30am On Jan 26, 2018
I do not support the purchase of this aircraft, after now, u will hear that the aircraft has crashed or boko haram has capture it from the Nigerian military

5 Likes

Re: FG Rejects US Conditions On Sale Of 12 Super Tucano Planes by pooozeee(m): 9:32am On Jan 26, 2018
Y must we only buy from the US, Y not Russia, Israel they also have suffisticated aircraft

1 Like

Re: FG Rejects US Conditions On Sale Of 12 Super Tucano Planes by SalamRushdie: 9:35am On Jan 26, 2018
Fukafuka:
; undecided undecided... Please do you really know anything about F16 Fighter Jet

I doubt if there is anyone on this forum that know more about aircrafts and asthma than I do ..i have known a lot about the F 14 tomcat , f15 eagle and f16 falcon from the air frame to the avionics bays to the options available for power plants to the the type of after burner it engages since I was barely eight years olds ..

2 Likes

Re: FG Rejects US Conditions On Sale Of 12 Super Tucano Planes by EternalTruths: 9:35am On Jan 26, 2018
pooozeee:
Y must we only buy from the US, Y not Russia, Israel they also have suffisticated aircraft

You expect Israel to sell to a jihadist who stood against Jerusalem being their capital and kills Biafrans.

It is too early to be on Heineken.

4 Likes

Re: FG Rejects US Conditions On Sale Of 12 Super Tucano Planes by CASTOSVILLA(m): 9:39am On Jan 26, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Me she I know you won't vote Buhari despite all your gra gra online ..Bro we are all tired of the man just admit it
Don't try my temper
Re: FG Rejects US Conditions On Sale Of 12 Super Tucano Planes by Lipscomb(m): 9:39am On Jan 26, 2018
This money is really much we are not going to war allow Nigeria's to fight bokoharam with their cutlass,if bokoharam is exist .

2 Likes

Re: FG Rejects US Conditions On Sale Of 12 Super Tucano Planes by RemedyLab: 9:44am On Jan 26, 2018
cool
DaBillionnaire:

how market?
cool
Re: FG Rejects US Conditions On Sale Of 12 Super Tucano Planes by davillian(m): 9:46am On Jan 26, 2018
SalamRushdie:
The F16 Falcon cost 18 million dollars per unit yet the Nigerian govt wants to buy archaic propeller driven plane for 41 million dollars each grin grin..I beg the senate to halt that deal as it is filled with intense corruption
The world is shifting to modern warfare check out the rubbish NAF wants to purchase for 41million dolls.
F16 is a better option in terms of price and every other thing.
1 F16 would destroy all the rubbish NAF wants to buy.

3 Likes

Re: FG Rejects US Conditions On Sale Of 12 Super Tucano Planes by dallyemmy: 9:47am On Jan 26, 2018
Re: FG Rejects US Conditions On Sale Of 12 Super Tucano Planes by dallyemmy: 9:51am On Jan 26, 2018
We can also go for A-10 thunderbolt 2
Re: FG Rejects US Conditions On Sale Of 12 Super Tucano Planes by bendike: 9:54am On Jan 26, 2018
Kalapizim:
US won't sell the F16 to us, even if they we will get a basic model, the tucano on the other hand is better suited to counter insurgency with a huge panoply of weapons both guided and unguided for Close Air Support.
Slow speed, huge loiter time against fast jets who whose impacts are too rapid with a huge cost of run. Nigeria is going for what suits her current needs.
Understood, but why not get subsonic upgraded Su 25 close support aircrafts from Russia that can also use guided and unguided ammunitions?
Why tie down ourselves with unreliable Americans that have already started giving conditions on products you what do buy with your hard earned money. As if we are begging them to buy. Tomorrow when we disagree with them over minor issues they will then place "sanctions" on us by refusing to supply parts or armaments for the aircrafts. Example is Venezuela that bought F16 or Iran that bought F14 and had their whole fleets grounded over unrelated disagreements with the USA.
The cost of American munitions is also crazy. A single missile can cost over a $100k when the same missile from Russia cost $5k. Can Nigeria afford such? The Americans wont allow you modify their aircrafts to carry cheaper munitions from other countries.
Do you know that modern American aircraft also give the manufacturer situation and usage records just like your i phone? Norway recently had to consider the national security impact of that as they discovered their F35 jets were communicating with the USA without their knowledge. In short the USA manufacturer can send a bug or command to your aircraft to shut down, to refuse to start even to refuse to lock its aiming sensors and radars on a geo-location.
Finally do you know that you cannot sell American aircrafts to a third party without getting approval from the USA? Which means if Nigeria cannot sell the aircrafts to any other country if we are done with them.

3 Likes

Re: FG Rejects US Conditions On Sale Of 12 Super Tucano Planes by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 26, 2018
NAF, Ministry of defense all of them are stupid. If the deal is not favourable enough for you, backout of the deal and collect your money back. Must we lick the USA's ass everytime they can go to hell and burn to blazes, Russia is there, Isreal is there, even Dassault aviation of France is there.

2 Likes

Re: FG Rejects US Conditions On Sale Of 12 Super Tucano Planes by Kalapizim(m): 9:57am On Jan 26, 2018
bendike:

Understood, but why not get subsonic upgraded Su 25 close support aircrafts from Russia that can also use guided and unguided ammunitions?
Why tie down ourselves with unreliable Americans that have already started giving conditions on products you what do buy with your hard earned money. As if we are begging them to buy. Tomorrow when we disagree with them over minor issues they will then place "sanctions" on us by refusing to supply parts or armaments for the aircrafts. Example is Venezuela that bought F16 or Iran that bought F14 and had their whole fleets grounded over unrelated disagreements with the USA.
The cost of American munitions is also crazy. A single missile can cost over a $100k when the same missile from Russia cost $5k. Can Nigeria afford such? The Americans wont allow you modify their aircrafts to carry cheaper munitions from other countries.
Do you know that modern American aircraft also give the manufacturer situation and usage records just like your i phone? Norway recently had to consider the national security impact of that as they discovered their F35 jets were communicating with the USA without their knowledge. In short the USA manufacturer can send a bug or command to your aircraft to shut down, to refuse to start even to refuse to lock its aiming sensors and radars on a geo-location.
Finally do you know that you cannot sell American aircrafts to a third party without getting approval from the USA? Which means if Nigeria cannot sell the aircrafts to any other country if we are done with them.
this is the same idea I have, I prefer the SU 25 to the Tunaco, they are even cheaper to buy, all we have to do is upgrade them with the help of Elbrt or BAE systems.

2 Likes

Re: FG Rejects US Conditions On Sale Of 12 Super Tucano Planes by arherfish(m): 9:58am On Jan 26, 2018
What do they expect after voting against Jerusalem as Isreal capital city.

4 Likes

Re: FG Rejects US Conditions On Sale Of 12 Super Tucano Planes by africandollar: 10:07am On Jan 26, 2018
arherfish:
What do they expect after voting against Jerusalem as Isreal capital city.

My broda I bow o! It goes to show Buhari is an incompetent buffoon...you don't play politics that way when you know you would still trade with America for something or the other. He could have simply decided to be undecided at least US would still have considered Nigeria a 'dormant' ally.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Leah Sharibu: Wole Soyinka Pays Tribute / Nigeria: 2nd Most Corrupt Country In West Africa Under Buhari - Transparency Int / President Buhari, His Daughters, Son And Sons-In-Law Pictured Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.