Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,384 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

Cattle Colonies? People Beware! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cattle Colonies? People Beware! (762 Views)

Osun People Beware Of This Mole / Cattle Colonies In Nigeria: 16 States Ready / Cattle Colonies In Nigerian States Begin Next Week – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cattle Colonies? People Beware! by delishpot: 6:55am On Jan 27, 2018
My people, watch your Governors carefully, this cattle colony thing is designed to surround you with millitant who will wreck havock right in your door steps. This is no time for sentiments or tribalism, they are desperately trying to surround you with their army and mercenaries, you will think that this bill is dumb but the moment you sign to it, and there is an uprising against the powers that be, they will sneak in men posing as herds men into your communities who will wait for an order to start attacking you
Re: Cattle Colonies? People Beware! by richeeyo(m): 7:13am On Jan 27, 2018
Just because the igbos and yorubas are always attacking each other here that does not mean you can come and sell us crappie ideas from your ass
Re: Cattle Colonies? People Beware! by abes(m): 7:27am On Jan 27, 2018
delishpot:
My people, watch your Governors carefully, this cattle colony thing is designed to surround you with millitant who will wreck havock right in your door steps. This is no time for sentiments or tribalism, they are desperately trying to surround you with their army and mercenaries, you will think that this bill is dumb but the moment you sign to it, and there is an uprising against the powers that be, they will sneak in men posing as herds men into your communities who will wait for an order to start attacking you

So what's stopping "them" from surrounding you house without the colony policy, do they require visas to come to your state? Are there not Fulani herdsmen presently herding in your state.

I personally believe the policy is aimed at concentrating all herdsmen in one chosen region in a state so they'll have no reasons to roam about causing havoc.
Re: Cattle Colonies? People Beware! by delishpot: 7:49am On Jan 27, 2018
abes:

So what's stopping "them" from surrounding you house without the colony policy, do they require visas to come to your state? Are there not Fulani herdsmen presently herding in your state.

I personally believe the policy is aimed at concentrating all herdsmen in one chosen region in a state so they'll have no reasons to roam about causing havoc.

The steps to take to is....reject open grazing and reject herders from roaming your land. They the cattle herders would be easily spotted.
A group of people who are serious about security in their land would easily spot Intruders when they have no camouflage excuse to be there(unless someone from their place accepts bribe and looks the other way when they sneak in) . That is the point. If you say yes to the bill, then it is as easy as abc to import people in dressed as herders.
Re: Cattle Colonies? People Beware! by delishpot: 7:53am On Jan 27, 2018
abes:

I hope your naive belief would not get you into trouble. That you are innocent as a baby wouldn't save you when shit hits the fan.
Have you seen someone giving poison to a person without making it look desirable to the person who they want to harm? Some will invite you for lunch, laugh with you and then slip it in. Will they tell you it is meant to secure their power? Won't they of course give you a legit reason why you should open your doors and pay no attention?

Do you think if those herders were not a useful tool, the government would sit down and let them create havoc for this long? If they were Igbos or Yorubas roaming the north and destroying Fúlàní farmlands, do you think the goverent would say they will give you land from theirs to use in peace after the mass bloodshed happening even If its on both sides? Use your tongue to count your teeth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cattle Colonies? People Beware! by abes(m): 7:55am On Jan 27, 2018
delishpot:

The steps reject open grazing and reject herders from roaming their land, they the cattle herders would be easily spotted. A group of people who are serious about secure would easily spot Intruders when they have no camouflage excuse to be there. That 8s the point. If you say yes to the bill, then it is as easy as abc to import people in dressed as herders.

Honestly, i don't understand this, can you rephrase please...
Re: Cattle Colonies? People Beware! by delishpot: 7:58am On Jan 27, 2018
abes:

Honestly, i don't understand this, can you rephrase please...

Sorry, I edited to make it clear as possibly as I can. Go back and read.
Re: Cattle Colonies? People Beware! by abes(m): 8:15am On Jan 27, 2018
delishpot:

I hope your naive belief would not get you into trouble. That you are innocent as a baby wouldn't save you when shit hits the fan.

Do you think if those herders were not a useful tool, the government would sit down and let them create havoc for this long? If they were Igbos or Yorubas roaming the north and destroying Fúlàní farmlands, do you think the goverent would say they will give you land from theirs to use in peace after the mass bloodshed happening even If its on both sides? Use your tongue to count your teeth.

You need to calm down, you don't know me let alone what my beliefs are.

You want me to believe this issues started in 2015?

Alaba market in Lagos is known for something, computer village is also known for something, do you know these places are colonies of some sorts.

Why do you think setting aside a region for cattle rearing is a bad idea (note these areas are not exclusively for the fulanis, any cattle rearer can use it).

1 Like

Re: Cattle Colonies? People Beware! by delishpot: 8:16am On Jan 27, 2018
abes:

You need to calm down, you don't know me let alone what my beliefs are.

You want me to believe this issues started in 2015?

Alaba market in Lagos is known for something, computer village is also known for something, do you know these places are colonies of some sorts.

Why do you think setting aside a region for cattle rearing is a bad idea (note these areas are not exclusively for the fulanis, any cattle rearer can use it).

No, it started since but is being encouraged Despite the problems following the trend when they knew the power that lifestyle can bring them. It may continue till eternity it is an innocent tool in the hands of the wise. If you were non Fúlàní and you are a cattle herder, would you go herd your cattle with the fulanis in the designated cattle colony? Be honest with me. One small dissagreement between your boy and theirs and then you will know who owns the place. colony is for them do not be deceived.

Do you think if computer village boys prior to selling at that spot were running around clashing with fulanis or other Nigerians who also sell computers or other goods and killing them, basically doing what those herders did, the government would not have destroyed such a group of computer sellers rather than give them a place to sell computers? These guys are loyal to their master and so they can be tamed by them. The Masters have no cause for alarm unlike if it was a random group who they can not tame, ie Biafra, The other Muslim Group they crushed etc. Those they can not and will not allow grow. Use tongue count your teeth.

Shebi shipping container of arms don vanish from una ports? Let's watch and see. Those that are strong are arming an underground army. Make una open gates for them.
Re: Cattle Colonies? People Beware! by delishpot: 8:25am On Jan 27, 2018
I shall say no more.
Re: Cattle Colonies? People Beware! by abes(m): 8:40am On Jan 27, 2018
delishpot:

No, it started since but is being encouraged Despite the problems following the trend when they knew the power that lifestyle can bring them. It may continue till eternity it is an innocent tool in the hands of the wise. If you were non Fúlàní and you are a cattle herder, would you go herd your cattle with the fulanis in the designated cattle colony? Be honest with me. One small dissagreement between your boy and theirs and then you will know who owns the place. colony is for them do not be deceived.

Does computer village stops someone from having a computer shop on his street? Do you think having a cattle colony stops you from having a cattle ranch on your land?

You are overreacting guy.

Fulanis has been herding from God knows when and there's been conflicts ever since, the government is doing something to reduce the conflicts.
Re: Cattle Colonies? People Beware! by delishpot: 8:43am On Jan 27, 2018
abes:

Does computer village stops someone from having a computer shop on his street? Do you think having a cattle colony stops you from having a cattle ranch on your land?

You are overreacting guy.

Fulanis has been herding from God knows when and there's been conflicts ever since, the government is doing something to reduce the conflicts.

Okay. I don hear you.
Re: Cattle Colonies? People Beware! by 4kings: 4:31am On Jan 28, 2018
Hmm, time would tell...
Re: Cattle Colonies? People Beware! by SalamRushdie: 5:30am On Jan 28, 2018
abes:

So whatvis stopping them from concentrating the in both Falgore and Sambisa Forest that have enough space, vegetation and water sources to host 600 million cows comfortably ...you are either a cunning Fulani or just a naive yorkel that knows nothing about Fulanis

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cattle Colonies? People Beware! by delishpot: 9:19am On Feb 09, 2018
So, they are trying to use financial gains to make states consider cattle colonies now?

(1) (Reply)

The ‘EKWEME’ In Okowa / Fayose, Wike, Others Nominated For AFRIKFEST Las Vegas Award / l

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.