Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,258 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? (1818 Views)

3 Weeks To Our Wedding, I Feel Like Calling It Off / "My Fiancée Called Off Our Wedding, Dumped Me For A Military Man She Just Met" / “I Found Out My He Has Slept With 3 Of My Bridesmaids Few Days To Our Wedding” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by Segzee1(m): 6:55pm On Jan 27, 2018
Love is said to be a wonderful thing that can ever happen to a person. Love makes the world go round, but how much do we truly know about this powerful emotion?
As beautiful as love is, it is capable of destroying so many things especially when it is difficult to let go of someone special to you.

Below is a true love story of a young lady of 31-year-old whose life is currently in an unbelievable stage as what seemed to be her happiness is gradually turning to sadness.
Her story is published here for you to learn from and to also advise her on what to do. Happy reading

Hi,
I met Mike when I was in my final year in school (in one of the prestigious universities in the country), He is now a banker at one of the new generation banks in the country and I am a secretary at an Agricultural firm.

We started the relationship as friends and it later graduated into a relationship which led to courtship.
We did our introduction last year (2017) November and are planning to wed next month (February) after four years of being together.
Everything has been fine not until early this month (January) when we were called by my parents’ pastor whose church we want to use for our wedding.

The pastor sat us (I and Mike) down in his office, we had so many discussions and also answered loads of questions from him. Among the questions he asked us was how ready we are to become one, we both looked at each other and gave him an assuring answer with smiles on our faces.

Just as we were rounding off the meeting, the man of God gave us a list of things to put in place in the church before our wedding day e.g fueling of the church power plant, decoration etc and then.
Then he gave us a medical form to fill which can now be described as a symbol of destruction to our relationship and gradually turning our glorious day into a nightmare.

We filled the medical form with our details and he asked us to tick the recommended medical test stated on the form which includes Pregnancy test, HIV/AIDS and blood group/genotype test. After filling the medical form, he called in a member of his church (an elderly woman) and introduced us to her as the intending couple of his church and handed over the filled medical form to her.
After glancing through the form she smiled and asked us when we will have chance to visit her health clinic (she owns a health clinic), Mike quickly whispered to my ear (maybe because he is the shy type) and answered the woman three days time.
Of course, Mike and I visited the clinic as promised and we did the test.

Then she gave us another appointment, that is for the result.
Four days after, I received a phone call from my mum that their pastor wants to see me and Mike as soon as possible.
I quickly called Mike and we both went to the church to meet with the man of God. After welcoming us, he started with a bible verse, he read the scripture with a low and soft voice and started urging us to take things easy with ourselves as he said “God knows the best” he also said, “Thank God it is not too late”.

Not too late for what? I broke the silence. “what is happening here? I screamed at him. Mike was trying to calm me down.
Then the pastor handed a letter to Mike, after glancing through it Mike put his two hands on his head and I quickly snatched the paper from him. I couldn’t believe my eyes with what I saw.
The paper contains the results of our medical test. Of course, I am not pregnant and neither did any of us have HIV/AIDS but the problem is our genotype.

We happened to be of the same genotype “AS”. I was short of words. How could this happen to me? why am I discovering this now? These are some of the questions running through my mind as tears were slowly dropping from my eyes.

The man of God encouraged us to end the relationship for the sake of our unborn children and to avoid stress and wasting of our hard-earned money in the future.
We both thanked him as we left his office in sadness.
After leaving the Pastor’s offfice, we both went to another hospital the following day just to be sure of the results. To our utmost surprise, the results came out the same.

I informed my parents about it, at first they were shocked and then started thanking God that it is not too late to end the relationship in good fate but as for me I’m not pleased with their advice as I have vowed to spend the rest of my life with Mike.
Just few days ago, Mike called me on phone and asked me to join him in an eatery for a serious discussion.
On getting there, I sat down with him and we couldn’t order for anything than water.
It is clearly written all over his face that he is not ready for a breakup.

Mike later broke the silence with his plan of leaving the state with me for another and getting married there.
He said since the church and our parents are not in support of us getting married, the best thing we can do is to leave the state, get married and start a new life.
When I asked him about the challenges that await us if we follow his plan, his reply was a shocking one and full of hope as he said: “Love conquers all”.

I’m confused now and don’t know what to do.
Dear readers to advise Joe on this issue, kindly drop your comments in the comment box below.

https://dailyfamily.ng/one-month-to-our-wedding-i-discovered-we-are-both-as-what-should-i-do/

Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by Segzee1(m): 6:55pm On Jan 27, 2018
Oga o! shocked

If you allow Love block your eyes, your case will just be like this one http:///2EbttRv

1 Like

Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by taylor88(m): 6:56pm On Jan 27, 2018
Why u dey write long epistle like this

For something wey 10lines would have made us understand

5 Likes

Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by prodiG(m): 6:56pm On Jan 27, 2018
Call it off.It's not worth it.I know what my uncle is passing through because of this issue.3 of his kids are sicklers,one has died and the youngest is giving them headache.Don't let love cloud your judgement.BE WISE IN ORDER TO AVOID STORIES THAT TOUCH.

2 Likes

Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by Pubichairs(m): 6:56pm On Jan 27, 2018
undecided since u no know wetin u go do..how me go take know...meaning we are both confuse
Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by prodiG(m): 7:04pm On Jan 27, 2018
Pubichairs:
undecided since u no know wetin u go do..how me go take know...meaning we are both confuse
Upcoming troll sad
Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by Sudokudon: 7:04pm On Jan 27, 2018
The most sensible thing to do is to break up except they ain't planning of having kids. I wonder how they skipped the discussion on such a sensitive issue like genotype in the first place.

The most daring thing to do is to go ahead with the wedding and hoping that they won't have SS, which is just 25% chance. it may not happen, and they may have all the children as SS. Life is a risk, they may decide to risk it if they want.

The safest thing to do (to keep their love and not be selfish by bringing a sickler to the world) is to get married and adopt kids. That is to say their love is stronger than the joy of having children, which is seen in fairytale.

The choice is yours. For me, I will pick the first choice, but since I am not you and you are not me...then, pick your choice and live with its attendant consequence

2 Likes

Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by gabinogem(m): 7:08pm On Jan 27, 2018
It is ur choice now whether u should follow mike's love or leave with ur fears.... Do what thou wilt +++
Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by Slyguy: 7:16pm On Jan 27, 2018
There are medical procedures that will enable you give birth to a healthy child changing the blood at child birth... If the love is that strong go ahead

1 Like

Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by Segzee1(m): 7:16pm On Jan 27, 2018
Sudokudon:

The most sensible thing to do is to break up except they ain't planning of having kids. I wonder how they skipped the discussion on such a sensitive issue like genotype in the first place.

The most daring thing to do is to go ahead with the wedding and hoping that they won't have SS, which is just 25% chance. it may not happen, and they may have all the children as SS. Life is a risk, they may decide to risk it if they want.

The safest thing to do (to keep their love and not be selfish by bringing a sickler to the world) is to get married and adopt kids. That is to say their love is stronger than the joy of having children, which is seen in fairytale.

The choice is yours. For me, I will pick the first choice, but since I am not you and you are not me...then, pick your choice and live with its attendant consequence

Nice one....Gbam!
Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by TITOBIGZ(m): 7:16pm On Jan 27, 2018
FLEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by dollytino4real(f): 7:21pm On Jan 27, 2018
if u can not faith it, pls face out of it.
Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 27, 2018
Both can't say they don't know there genotype individually before meeting eachother and if they do, then they are the cause of there misfortune.

Once you discover you are AS, try as much as possible to know your partner genotype before going in a serious relationship to avoid had i know story.

The best is to free eachother cuz you can't bring that innocent kid to this world only for him/her to live in depression and pain, apart from you both having the money to spend on the kid, what about the kid happiness and the ability to do what other kids do.

Mynd44
Pls kindly push this for people to learn.
Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jan 27, 2018
Slyguy:
There are medical procedures that will enable you give birth to a healthy child changing the blood at child birth... If the love is that strong go ahead

Wow shocked

Please what are these procedures cheesy

You must be an award winning scientist angry

Olodo angry

1 Like

Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by Segzee1(m): 7:23pm On Jan 27, 2018
dollytino4real:
if u can not faith it, pls face out of it.

Faith ke? Can u have such faith
Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by Kennyprince: 7:27pm On Jan 27, 2018
I. I advice u do another test to be sure this is not a set up

2. If the test comes out same, I advice u separate.

3. I blame u both for skipping this issue till now.

4. I wish u ll encourage each other and be strong. Another healthy relationship ll come.

Be consoled
Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by Zanas: 7:29pm On Jan 27, 2018
Separate now!!!
Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by dollytino4real(f): 7:29pm On Jan 27, 2018
Segzee1:

Faith ke? Can u have such faith
i ve seen one woman n her man as-as but their 4 kids 2aa n 2as
Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jan 27, 2018
Some people can be so dumb, how do you date someone so long without bothering to know their genotype, knowing very well that you are AS.
Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by girlhaley(f): 7:32pm On Jan 27, 2018
Sudokudon:

The most daring thing to do is to go ahead with the wedding and hoping that they won't have SS, which is just 25% chance. it may not happen, and they may have all the children as SS. Life is a risk, they may decide
to risk it if they want.

You just said what's on my mind,if the love is that strong...they should adopt

1 Like

Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by Segzee1(m): 7:33pm On Jan 27, 2018
Kennyprince:
I. I advice u do another test to be sure this is not a set up

2. If the test comes out same, I advice u separate.

3. I blame u both for skipping this issue till now.

4. I wish u ll encourage each other and be strong. Another healthy relationship ll come.

Be consoled

They already did that. read carefully "After leaving the Pastor’s office, we both went to another hospital the following day just to be sure of the results. To our utmost surprise, the results came out the same."

Nice comment from a good heart. I think it is time start paying attention serious issues in relationships. Life is more than eating Domino pizza, shawarma, suya or visiting cinema. My thought sha grin grin
Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by Highbhee(m): 7:37pm On Jan 27, 2018
Don't be selfish to the extent of putting unborn child(ran) at risk

..but if love supersedes you guys' strength...

If u av 4 children

..possibly, only one will be SS...
Sickle cells patients are curable(using stem cells/placental blood)

But why not try to avoid d avoidable
Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by Segzee1(m): 7:43pm On Jan 27, 2018
Highbhee:
Don't be selfish to the extent of putting unborn child(ran) at risk

..but if love supersedes you guys' strength...

If u av 4 children

..possibly, only one will be SS...
Sickle cells patients are curable(using stem cells/placental blood)

But why not try to avoid d avoidable

grin
Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by Olalan(m): 7:46pm On Jan 27, 2018
Cut off the relationship, you wouldn't want to go through the stress of raising SS kids, your trauma and the sufferings the kids go through isn't child play.
Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by AryEmber(f): 8:00pm On Jan 27, 2018
Thank God for my genotype, I won't need to ask this jamb question.
Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by prodiG(m): 8:07pm On Jan 27, 2018
efesodje:

Wow shocked

Please what are these procedures cheesy

You must be an award winning scientist angry

Olodo angry
cheesy
Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by prodiG(m): 8:12pm On Jan 27, 2018
Thank God i know mine.My mum and dad are both AA.Won't miss out on love because of this genotype shii angry
Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jan 27, 2018
Unmhmm.. This recently happened to me, I and this beautiful soul loved up and I tot am done with searching and heading to the altar, until we both discovered that we are both AS genotype.. Its like the worst blow dealt to me, many people have counselled us individually to forget it, wow, I couldn't believe it, well such is life...
Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by Daniel2289(m): 8:41pm On Jan 27, 2018
Flee from that relationship.
That's all I have to say.
Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by Toktee(m): 9:57pm On Jan 27, 2018
See pastor for God sake,this is a pure commercial pastor,spiritually empty.
I was here with same complain,mine was also a month to our weeding,our pastor asked us,of which report do we believe,God or daoctors,we said God.
As am typing this now,my first daughter is Two plu,the second is two month.
I will never leave God of oyedepo.
My first baby is AA.
Devil is a bastard.
Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 27, 2018
Toktee:
See pastor for God sake,this is a pure commercial pastor,spiritually empty.
I was here with same complain,mine was also a month to our weeding,our pastor asked us,of which report do we believe,God or daoctors,we said God.
As am typing this now,my first daughter is Two plu,the second is two month.
I will never leave God of oyedepo.
My first baby is AA.
Devil is a bastard.

The sentence in bold

MUMU

1 Like

Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by Toktee(m): 10:08pm On Jan 27, 2018
efesodje:

The sentence in bold

MUMU
Muhammederians will not understand this,sinners will not believe,the lost souls will doubt it,salvages will insult.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Teenager Spends £1,000 A Month Of Her PARENTS' Money To Look Like sexy Barbie / The Nigerian Girl And The Mentality / Village Guys Are Far More Better Than Lagoscity Fvckboys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.