Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

My Fiance Wants Me To Go Back To Africa From America, Anyone In Boston? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiance Wants Me To Go Back To Africa From America, Anyone In Boston? (973 Views)

My Fiance Wants A Quiet Wedding…is He Trying To Hide Something? / Please Help: My Mother Thinks My Fiance Wants To Divide Our Family! / "My Fiance Fixed Our Wedding, But Secretly Married Another" - Lady (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fiance Wants Me To Go Back To Africa From America, Anyone In Boston? by Beryl25: 9:34pm On Jan 29, 2018
Hi everyone.

First i created this account to hide my identity, kindly assist.

I traveled to the united states a month ago on a K1 visa. My visa expires in March.
My fiance and I had an issue and he has instructed me to go back to Africa. He is planning to buy a ticket for Wednesday. The issue was, my father called him asking on the progress we have made, if i got my papers and if he is helping me adjust to find something to do, and he got angry. He got mad and said he is a last born and doesn't like people putting pressure on him. I understand his pain of family trying to interfere but I did not expect he would take it this far. I did not imagine he would just call the relationship off like that. All the emotions invested and love.
I am really getting used to this environment and i would love to continue staying and working here. I can start with any job. However, I dont know anywhere here who can help me. Another thing, my chances of getting the visa to come back to America will be so slim. I cannot imagine going back home. Anyone who has an idea of what I can do or where to go? Redcross, refuge camp or what? I am in lowell, Masschusetts

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Wants Me To Go Back To Africa From America, Anyone In Boston? by ebujany(m): 10:17pm On Jan 29, 2018
Your fiancé you say? How can your fiancé get angry because your dad asked him relevant questions as per a guy that wants to wed his daughter?

Anyways , I hope you get the help you seek

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Wants Me To Go Back To Africa From America, Anyone In Boston? by Kooldon(f): 10:35pm On Jan 29, 2018
Your Dad Asking Him Those Things Is Wrong. It Makes U N Ur Dad Desparate To Marry Him And Get All The Comfort Attached To It. Your Dad Wld V Asked Or Advised You And You In Turn Table It To Him While In The Oza Room.
Pray And Ask God For Guidance, Cos Satan Is All About To Steal And Destroy

3 Likes

Re: My Fiance Wants Me To Go Back To Africa From America, Anyone In Boston? by Beryl25: 10:37pm On Jan 29, 2018
ebujany:
Your fiancé you say? How can your fiancé get angry because your dad asked him relevant questions as per a guy that wants to wed his daughter?

Anyways , I hope you get the help you seek

Yes, he got angry. He says since he has stayed in America his mentality has changed and he wants no influence from Africa
Re: My Fiance Wants Me To Go Back To Africa From America, Anyone In Boston? by Beryl25: 10:39pm On Jan 29, 2018
Kooldon:
Your Dad Asking Him Those Things Is Wrong. It Makes U N Ur Dad Desparate To Marry Him And Get All The Comfort Attached To It. Your Dad Wld V Asked Or Advised You And You In Turn Table It To Him While In The Oza Room.
Pray And Ask God For Guidance, Cos Satan Is All About To Steal And Destroy

I understand, I even asked my Dad to stop calling him to ask about those things, that we are okay. May God help me through it.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Wants Me To Go Back To Africa From America, Anyone In Boston? by ebujany(m): 10:43pm On Jan 29, 2018
Beryl25:

Yes, he got angry. He says since he has stayed in America his mentality has changed and he wants no influence from Africa

Lmao...and you call him a fiancé? His a confused fellow. BTW, this your Africa no get name? I mean u just travelled to America last month according to you and your already calling your country Africa? You sef get problem

3 Likes

Re: My Fiance Wants Me To Go Back To Africa From America, Anyone In Boston? by Beryl25: 10:45pm On Jan 29, 2018
ebujany:

Lmao...and you call him a fiancé? His a confused fellow. BTW, this your Africa no get name? I mean u just travelled to America last month according to you and your already calling your country Africa? You sef get problem

Sorry but I didn't want to mention any country because he has a Nairaland account.
Re: My Fiance Wants Me To Go Back To Africa From America, Anyone In Boston? by ZirdoRoray(m): 11:01pm On Jan 29, 2018
As a real Nigga, I will tell you nothing but the truth. The bitter truth is that, a man who doesn't put you first, doesn't truly love you. There is no way out, it's either you start making connections with other blacks over there or you are coming home. If you have talked to him about this, and refuses to let you stay then my sister to be someone's fiancee is not by force. Yes your heart will get broken but it will heal, they will probably talk alot of bad stuffs about you if you decide to find your way with other guys. to stay over there but at the end of the day you will be glad you listened to your head instead of your heart. It's the darkest before the dawn. Start meeting up with other guys now. It's either they help you or you are back to this shithole. Don't say I didn't tell you.

3 Likes

Re: My Fiance Wants Me To Go Back To Africa From America, Anyone In Boston? by schumastic(m): 11:18pm On Jan 29, 2018
This story doesn't add up to me, like something is missing. Are you saying he has called of everything just like that because of what your dad said to him after all the energy and investment in the relationship.

Na wa o, this marriage of a thing they fear me o. Marriage never set yet, the thing don get leg. My dear whatever you don't come back o, cus it Will be hard to go back and don't you have relatives or friends around?

Signed.

Vice Chairman,

Bachelors Club, Lagos Branch.
Re: My Fiance Wants Me To Go Back To Africa From America, Anyone In Boston? by Beryl25: 12:13am On Jan 30, 2018
schumastic:
This story doesn't add up to me, like something is missing. Are you saying he has called of everything just like that because of what your dad said to him after all the energy and investment in the relationship.

Na wa o, this marriage of a thing they fear me o. Marriage never set yet, the thing don get leg. My dear whatever you don't come back o, cus it Will be hard to go back and don't you have relatives or friends around?

Signed.

Vice Chairman,

Bachelors Club, Lagos Branch.

Yes, he said he is done with African mentality, that he doesn't want any influence. It was just that call. I don't have any relative or friend around.
Re: My Fiance Wants Me To Go Back To Africa From America, Anyone In Boston? by schumastic(m): 7:26am On Jan 30, 2018
Beryl25:

Yes, he said he is done with African mentality, that he doesn't want any influence. It was just that call. I don't have any relative or friend around.

Hmm this is really hard because anyone they link you with might want to take advantage of the situation, which is another problem.

Have you told your family the situation yet and what are they saying if yes.
Re: My Fiance Wants Me To Go Back To Africa From America, Anyone In Boston? by Partnerbiz(f): 7:44am On Jan 30, 2018
ZirdoRoray:
As a real Nigga, I will tell you nothing but the truth. The bitter truth is that, a man who doesn't put you first, doesn't truly love you. There is no way out, it's either you start making connections with other blacks over there or you are coming home. If you have talked to him about this, and refuses to let you stay then my sister to be someone's fiancee is not by force. Yes your heart will get broken but it will heal, they will probably talk alot of bad stuffs about you if you decide to find your way with other guys. to stay over there but at the end of the day you will be glad you listened to your head instead of your heart. It's the darkest before the dawn. Start meeting up with other guys now. It's either they help you or you are back to this shithole. Don't say I didn't tell you.

And what is put you first?
Re: My Fiance Wants Me To Go Back To Africa From America, Anyone In Boston? by zolution: 6:45am On Feb 26, 2018
Beryl25:
Hi everyone.

First i created this account to hide my identity, kindly assist.

I traveled to the united states a month ago on a K1 visa. My visa expires in March.
My fiance and I had an issue and he has instructed me to go back to Africa. He is planning to buy a ticket for Wednesday. The issue was, my father called him asking on the progress we have made, if i got my papers and if he is helping me adjust to find something to do, and he got angry. He got mad and said he is a last born and doesn't like people putting pressure on him. I understand his pain of family trying to interfere but I did not expect he would take it this far. I did not imagine he would just call the relationship off like that. All the emotions invested and love.
I am really getting used to this environment and i would love to continue staying and working here. I can start with any job. However, I dont know anywhere here who can help me. Another thing, my chances of getting the visa to come back to America will be so slim. I cannot imagine going back home. Anyone who has an idea of what I can do or where to go? Redcross, refuge camp or what? I am in lowell, Masschusetts
Sorry for bringing this up here now... I'm very curious to know how long the entire process of your fiance filing a K-1 visa took ? I mean from when did he submit the petition and u got invited for an interview in Logos ? Pls help a fellow brother who's very curious! Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

I'm Hurting / For Genius Only --- Can You Solve This Market Question / I Finally Had The Opportunity But Failed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.