Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

Help! My Fiancee’s Father Killed My Dad - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help! My Fiancee’s Father Killed My Dad (1849 Views)

Strange Animal My Friend Father Killed / Help, My Fiancee Father Pushed Me Out / My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Fiancee’s Father Killed My Dad by Segzee1(m): 11:34am On Jan 30, 2018
FOUR WEEKS TO OUR WEDDING, MY FAMILY DISCOVERED THAT MY FIANCEE’S FATHER WAS THE POLICEMAN THAT KILLED MY FATHER FOR NOT GIVING HIM BRIBE IN 1995.

Below is a touching story of love mixed with irreparable loss. However, they say love conquers all things but do you think love can conquer this situation. Kindly read the story below and give your advice.

Is this a dream? Will I ever wake up? Somebody should please tell me I will get over this; life can really be cruel; how will I explain this?

I grew up without knowing my father. According to what I was told, he died when I was about six years old. I was also told that he was a first class graduate of accounting and worked in one of the first generation banks.

Himself and my mother decided to relocate to the United States after they won a US visa lottery. They sold everything they had, resigned from their jobs and planned to travel on a Friday morning in April 1996.

My Father, as I was told, had to drop a bag with his cousin somewhere in Lagos island a day before the planned trip to the US.

On his way back from his cousin’s, some policemen accosted him at Jibowu in Lagos and demanded a bribe which he refused blatantly.

Unfortunately, in anger, one of the policemen forcefully dragged him out of his car and shot him point blank. He died on the spot; just a day before his journey to the US.

I was told that a mob tried to attack the policeman that killed my father but other policemen rescued him. Their patrol vehicle wasn’t spared as it was put in flames by the angry mob.

The policeman, Effiong, was arrested and charged in court. The murder case dragged for a long time until the accused died in custody. His death certificate was tendered and the case was closed.

Fast forward to 2013, I met a lovely lady on campus and we started a relationship. I loved her with all my heart. She was very beautiful, faithful and dutiful; I loved her crazily as she was my first and only love.

When she told me her father was a retired policeman, I laughed and joked about my dislike for policemen due to the fact that they killed my father. However, she assured that I would like her father when I met him. I later met her father and he welcomed me warmly.

We picked a date in February for our wedding while our wedding introduction was held two weekends ago.

During the introduction ceremony in the family compound of my fiancee in Lagos, her father who is now based in his village was unavailable. We were told he was very sick. I noticed that my uncle had an old picture of a policeman hanged on the wall which I noticed himself, my mother and our family lawyer discuss. I didn’t know what they were discussing actually.

Yesterday, they summoned me, my fiancee and her mum for an urgent meeting; an agenda that I was not privy to. I was shocked to see all my uncles, aunties and elderly people gathered in our house as early as 12 noon on Sunday. My fiancee and her mother came in around 2 pm and the meeting began.

In the meeting, they showed the old picture to my fiancée’s mother who confirmed that the man in the picture was her husband. They then mentioned his full names, Effiong (permit me not to put other names).

While I watched what was happening, our lawyer brought out old court papers, old pictures, newspaper cuttings and some other documents as my family members narrated a story. They revealed that my fiancee’s father was the one who killed my Father. They also disclosed how the court case was quashed after the court was told a lie that he was dead.

After narrating the story, they informed my fiancee and her mother that they were cancelling the wedding because they could not imagine their daughter-in-law to be a child of a murderer, the killer of my father.

They said unless he faced justice, he would be under a curse of blood and they would never allow their son to be a part of that.

The lawyer then promised to take the case up again in the right quarters to make sure the old man faced justice and got what he deserved.

It was a crying galore. My Mother cried herself out as she remembered everything that happened. My fiancée and her mum where also inconsolable. As for me? I don’t know what to do. I can’t just put myself together to cry, I have not slept since yesterday. I am confused and angry with everybody, I can’t just think right, I need help urgently!

I called my office today to request for some days off. I can’t trust myself on the road. This is the reason I am sending this mail to you guys at dailyfamily.ng, to please post my story anonymously. Maybe I will get the right counsel through your platform.

It’s my life. I need help so urgently. What should I do now? I have suddenly developed a hatred for my fiancée’s father not just for killing my father but for evading justice fraudulently. But I still love his daughter, Joyce, I can’t imagine my life without her. I don’t know, I don’t know.

A murderous hatred is mixing up with angelic love in my heart. Why did the devil give birth to my own angel? I feel like running away. My family has placed a curse on me if I try to marry Joyce. I know they mean well, but do they? I am confused, somebody please help me.

Joyce has been calling and begging me for a sin she knows nothing about since yesterday. We weep together, that is the only thing we can do for now. She told me her mother knew the whole story to be true but never knew it was my Father. Can you see nemesis?

What will you do if you were in my shoes? Please, I need your advice.

https://dailyfamily.ng/my-fiancees-father-killed-my-dad/

Re: Help! My Fiancee’s Father Killed My Dad by Segzee1(m): 11:34am On Jan 30, 2018
Na which kind wahala be this now grin grin grin

Re: Help! My Fiancee’s Father Killed My Dad by Niftyrules(m): 11:36am On Jan 30, 2018
The thing is that, the deed has been committed already. All the two lovebirds need to do now is forgive each other parents and move on with their love life. At least, it wasn't the girl that killed her guy's father.

E lo mi pelu wahala sha

To shi kena!

1 Like

Re: Help! My Fiancee’s Father Killed My Dad by FvckShiT(m): 11:39am On Jan 30, 2018
-Kill d mo'fucker back smiley
Re: Help! My Fiancee’s Father Killed My Dad by TrulyHis(f): 11:39am On Jan 30, 2018
This is serious ooo but there is nothing forgiveness cannot do. If you truly love her, go on since it just two weeks to your wedding.
Check here to see the possibility https:///XF6PWk
Re: Help! My Fiancee’s Father Killed My Dad by easyboss1(m): 11:41am On Jan 30, 2018
hmm....
Re: Help! My Fiancee’s Father Killed My Dad by pressy09: 11:47am On Jan 30, 2018
Kai!! Love can't handle this.
easyboss1:
hmm....
Re: Help! My Fiancee’s Father Killed My Dad by Iphone5: 11:53am On Jan 30, 2018
Movie Title
Re: Help! My Fiancee’s Father Killed My Dad by Segzee1(m): 11:54am On Jan 30, 2018
Abeg forget love first....fire the idiot ass grin grin grin

Re: Help! My Fiancee’s Father Killed My Dad by lokotowers(m): 11:54am On Jan 30, 2018
Eléyìí deep gaa nii
Re: Help! My Fiancee’s Father Killed My Dad by jaykins: 12:02pm On Jan 30, 2018
My brother, to be sincere, you have to forget about marrying that lady because marriage is about families and not just couples. quoting Banky W-checkout here http:///2nlwffp

Re: Help! My Fiancee’s Father Killed My Dad by Cowbuoy: 12:03pm On Jan 30, 2018
shocked
Re: Help! My Fiancee’s Father Killed My Dad by Segzee1(m): 12:05pm On Jan 30, 2018
jaykins:
My brother, to be sincere, you have to forget about marrying that lady because marriage is about families and not just couples. quoting Banky W-checkout here http:///2nlwffp

Omo see advise.....abeg help us advise PMB that Nigeria is not about him and his terrorist herdsmen, Nigeria is for human being not for cowsgrin grin grin ;
Re: Help! My Fiancee’s Father Killed My Dad by osemoses1234(m): 12:07pm On Jan 30, 2018
Fffff
Re: Help! My Fiancee’s Father Killed My Dad by HRHQueenPhil(f): 12:08pm On Jan 30, 2018
if the couple could visit bishop of the whole world in warri, or a stronger pastor for advise, if wld help scripture says d LORD doeth nothing without telling his servants, the prophets. i suspect they are not strong christians unless dey wont be advising NLers for their opinion
Re: Help! My Fiancee’s Father Killed My Dad by jaykins: 12:12pm On Jan 30, 2018
That is the truth o, dem won inherit all of us while we are alive
Segzee1:

Omo see advise.....abeg help us advise PMB that Nigeria is not about him and his terrorist herdsman, Nigeria is for human being not for cowsgrin grin grin ;
Re: Help! My Fiancee’s Father Killed My Dad by tspouse(m): 12:14pm On Jan 30, 2018
Niftyrules:
The thing is that, the deed has been committed already. All the two lovebirds need to do now is forgive each other parents and move on with their love life. At least, it wasn't the girl that killed her guy's father.

E lo mi pelu wahala sha

To shi kena!
do only wat I say don't imitates wat I do....pele....if u are in his shoe will u take dis advice ??
Re: Help! My Fiancee’s Father Killed My Dad by justiniyke29: 12:16pm On Jan 30, 2018
hmm, arrest the old criminal and marry d poor gal jare.
Re: Help! My Fiancee’s Father Killed My Dad by zainmaxwell(m): 12:25pm On Jan 30, 2018
I never knew how strong I am until I have to forgive someone for crime I did not commit...na nature bring Una together just to balance the equation

1 Like

Re: Help! My Fiancee’s Father Killed My Dad by izaray(f): 12:27pm On Jan 30, 2018
Abeg some body should summarize for me undecided
Re: Help! My Fiancee’s Father Killed My Dad by okuneddie(m): 12:31pm On Jan 30, 2018
You need no advice, leave the lady jare.....it will hurt but it's just for the mean time. It will pass.

Anyway, give the man to Floki, let him sacrifice him to theirs gods in Vikings Season 5 Episode 11....I must see him there wink
Re: Help! My Fiancee’s Father Killed My Dad by Segzee1(m): 12:41pm On Jan 30, 2018
izaray:
Abeg some body should summarize for me undecided

Abeg Our Sister in Nairaland, can u tell us how u take passed ur school exams

Re: Help! My Fiancee’s Father Killed My Dad by Niftyrules(m): 12:48pm On Jan 30, 2018
tspouse:
do only wat I say don't imitates wat I do....pele....if u are in his shoe will u take dis advice ??

It is well, i see you really want to learn. Come for my counseling. God bless you
Re: Help! My Fiancee’s Father Killed My Dad by izaray(f): 12:53pm On Jan 30, 2018
Segzee1:

Abeg Our Sister in Nairaland, can u tell us how u take passed ur school exams
cheesy cheesy E pain am

Abeg park well jor, dn't put your marriage frustration on me biko embarassed
Re: Help! My Fiancee’s Father Killed My Dad by Segzee1(m): 12:58pm On Jan 30, 2018
izaray:
cheesy cheesy E pain am

Abeg park well jor, dn't put your marriage frustration on me biko embarassed
Lol...na play I dey play o. Someone can not ply with u grin grin grin grin
Re: Help! My Fiancee’s Father Killed My Dad by Segzee1(m): 12:59pm On Jan 30, 2018
On my mind now http:///2BD1eIs shocked shocked shocked

Re: Help! My Fiancee’s Father Killed My Dad by izaray(f): 1:07pm On Jan 30, 2018
Segzee1:
Lol...na play I dey play o. Someone can not ply with u grin grin grin grin
Aww... You kno how to pull one's legs then grin Sorry if i was rude shah wink
Re: Help! My Fiancee’s Father Killed My Dad by Segzee1(m): 1:16pm On Jan 30, 2018
izaray:
Aww... You kno how to pull one's legs then grin Sorry if i was rude shah wink

Pull ur legs? (hope u knw wat dat means)....abeg I no get six-pack even one I no get to face ur man o. grin grin grin
Re: Help! My Fiancee’s Father Killed My Dad by Barzinime(m): 1:19pm On Jan 30, 2018
Sins of the Fathers shall be visted upon the children even till the Fourth Generations
Re: Help! My Fiancee’s Father Killed My Dad by izaray(f): 1:34pm On Jan 30, 2018
Segzee1:

Pull ur legs? (hope u knw wat dat means)....abeg I no get six-pack even one I no get to face ur man o. grin grin grin
Geraway jor, you too spoil smiley
Re: Help! My Fiancee’s Father Killed My Dad by Segzee1(m): 1:52pm On Jan 30, 2018
izaray:
Geraway jor, you too spoil smiley

Lol......

1 Like

Re: Help! My Fiancee’s Father Killed My Dad by Rityonyi(f): 1:54pm On Jan 30, 2018
sorry

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Letter To Sugar Mummies / Few Days To Valentine This Is What She Sent Me And I Did This. (PHOTOS) / Man Turn To Snake In Hotel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.