Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,432 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) (47380 Views)

TEMI {MINE} All About True Love And True Betrayal! By Temioluwa Kenny / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / Fierce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by pu7pl3(m): 5:56pm On Feb 26, 2018
BiadeFolar:

because you think I won't be strong enough to continue because of the beating I got from man u today... buh i'll prove you wrong, ama drop something tmao.
Trust me the end of this story is not near, at all*

Ok...im all eyes

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by pu7pl3(m): 5:57pm On Feb 26, 2018
When was a tracker placed in hadizas car?
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 6:54pm On Feb 26, 2018
pu7pl3:
When was a tracker placed in hadizas car?
Her phone was being tracked
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Mizsylviah(f): 7:04pm On Feb 26, 2018
Wow this mind blowing BiadeFolar.... Keep em coming....

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Akinwale14(m): 8:15pm On Feb 26, 2018
honourable356:
"...Just that our coach no get sense" Who told you that??

You got dstv at home?? Good.

Watch the replay again or probably the highlight!

Then analyze it again.
Ok
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Akinwale14(m): 8:16pm On Feb 26, 2018
BiadeFolar:

Thank you sir
Ur welcome bro
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Akinwale14(m): 8:17pm On Feb 26, 2018
Cadec007:
laughing in urhobo:-D:-D:-P
Kk

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 8:50pm On Feb 26, 2018
Mizsylviah:
Wow this mind blowing BiadeFolar.... Keep em coming....

Thanks ma'am. I'm just a learner.
Still learning from the wonderful work you got going on.
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by pu7pl3(m): 8:43am On Feb 27, 2018
BiadeFolar:

Her phone was being tracked

Oh...ok

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Mizsylviah(f): 10:01am On Feb 27, 2018
BiadeFolar:

Thanks ma'am. I'm just a learner.
Still learning from the wonderful work you got going on.
I feel honoured dear buh i'm also a learner and you've got great skills up your sleeves......

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 10:14am On Feb 27, 2018
Mizsylviah:
I feel honoured dear buh i'm also a learner and you've got great skills up your sleeves......

Thanks ma'am.

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 10:42am On Feb 27, 2018
My People, My People, Good morning!

TWENTY SIX

Jaye knew neither he nor Hadiza was safe. He had assumed that embarrassing consequence of Hadiza’s escape would especially mean a bounty might already be placed on his head. So he had to stay away from the public.

He waited nervously patiently for her at Mama Simbi’s. They had agreed on Mama Simbi’s because the place seemed like a good hiding place.

Mama Simbi ran a palm wine joint and her customers were mostly travellers
who plied the express road. It meant most of them wouldn’t recognise him.

The adjoining bushes also appealed should in case there was a need to run or hide. The plan was simple, she would escape in her car, drive to Mama Simbi’s and pick him off.

He had already secured accommodation in Oke Igbo, Ondo State. He could have opted for Lagos, or Ede but he figured no one would imagine them choosing Ondo state, and a rural settlement at that. It was a decision made to ensure they’d be less traceable. It was the perfect plan, they had thought.

Hadiza knew the technological ability of the Barnabas’ since Ali had bugged her phone once. He could do it again. They could track her location with the phone she was using. She knew the risks yet she had to put on her phone to keep Jaye in touch.

The plan was to get a new phone in Agbowo, use the old one as a decoy and move on. If they were lucky another person may pick the old phone and he would be the target of Barnabas’ goons. But that didn’t happen.

Before she got to Agbowo she had noticed a car tailing her. She was certain it was Barnabas’ men and knew she had to do something. She picked her phone to make a call, fully aware that the phone might have been bugged.

“There is a little problem. I think I am being followed. Two men in black” she said to Jaye at the other end as hurriedly she could.

“You have to lose them. You can’t outdrive them so you have to pretend to be dead. You know what I mean… find a way… let them think you are dead” he said stressing the “pretend to be dead”.

He meant to say she should power off her phone but knew someone maybe
listening to their conversation. He could only pray she got it. He wished he was the one out there.

“Okay.” Thankfully she got the gist. “I understand what you mean” she assured.

She put off her phone and the signal went dead on XRay’s tracking device but they didn’t notice.

They had cooled off a little when they got bored. She had stopped rooted in one spot as if she ran out of gas or something. If not that they needed her to lead them to Jaye. They would have taken her, there and then.

“She is waiting for the fool” Domino had opined.

“Maybe we should quickly grab two bottles.” X-ray suggested and they quickly darted into a nearby bar.

X-ray suggested that one of them stayed back to keep eyes on Hadiza but Domino waved the suggestion off.

By the time they returned, the car was gone and the tracker had lost connection with her phone.

“What the Bleep!” Domino yelled.

_ _ _
Hadiza zoomed off the moment she saw the two men had their eyes off her. Just as she was about to heave a sigh of relief, the car started jerking.

“God, Please not now.” She pleaded.

One could only wonder whether it was God or the car, she was begging. However, no one answered her. Sweat beads enveloped her as the car jerked to a stop.

She had no time to spare, even if she had, she didn’t know what to look for in the engines.

The bloodcurdling development and the wild thoughts roaming in her head made her want to wanted to talk to Jaye. With wild thoughts in her head she powered on the phone.

She almost dialled his number when she remembered the tracking and why she had switched the phone off in the first place. She hurriedly put the phone off and threw it in the back seat. But it was too late. X-Ray had gotten the signal.
She grabbed her bag and put her feet to work since she had no cash.

By the time she dragged herself to the joint where she was supposed to meet Jaye, it was late… around 8:00 pm and Mama Simbi had closed for the day.

She had asked Jaye out of her shop by closing and warned him to be on
his way to wherever he was going. If he was seeing waiting aimlessly around in that area, he was as good as dead.

He would have left but was expecting Hadiza. He wondered what delayed her. Had she been caught? Whatever it was, he would wait. She was definitely coming. He just needed to hide from whatever danger was said to be here.
_ _ _
Domino was busy blaming himself when the tracking device beeped. It reconnected with Hadiza’s phone but went off almost as soon as it appeared.

They got the last active location and followed up.

“The bitch can’t be far from there.” Domino enthused.

When they got to the location, they found the car but not the girl.

“What’s this?” X-Ray asked, speaking for the first time since the she had disappeared in agbowo. He wondered what was going on.

“Now she’s playing us?” he asked himself.

“Well, let’s see what we can find.” Domino said as he tried in vain to break the side windshield.

X-Ray looked at him with pity and smiled. He brought out two tiny strings and wriggled them through the door lock. They broke into the car and found her phone.

“This could be useful” X-Ray said so silently that even Domino beside him didn’t hear. He powered on the phone and saw the last dialled number ‘baby’.

“Got you, Son of a bitch” he neighed victoriously.

The girl would definitely going to where he was hiding. Now, that was an opportunity and they would, then and there. There wouldn’t be any no room for failure this time around.

The device traced Jaye to a location on the express. They hurriedly hopped into their car, off to where the tracker had located Jaye.

They had sped pass when X-Ray saw Hadiza in the rear view. She was walking
towards the same destination.

“Look who I found” X-Ray said to Domino, pointing to the mirror.

“Stop… stop… let’s bundle this one first” Domino said almost marching the breaks himself.

“Relax” X-Ray said patting him on the back.

“Let’s get the two of them together. We will just go and wait for them to walk into us.” he concluded.

They drove to the location stated on the tracker but didn’t find Jaye though.

“Is this some joke? He can’t be playing us, can he?” XRay asked no one in particular.

Perhaps, Hadiza had deliberately left the phone so that they would be fouled to track them to a wrong route while Jaye and the girl would leave, all to fool them.

“No, it can be true. The girl is coming here.”X-ray asked himself.

“But the tracker said he was here” Domino’s voice broke X-Ray from his thoughts and alarmed Jaye who had been hiding in a nearby shack.

He put off his phone and the signal went dead on the tracker once more.

“Yeah, he’s definitely here. He must have heard us and switched his phone’ X-Ray reasoned and pulled Domino closer.

“He’s here. He just switched his phone off. Let’s just wait for the girl to come” he told him.

TWENTY SEVEN http://biadefola.com.ng/2018/02/27/switched-story-of-a-fierce-battle-between-desperate-infatuation-and-true-love-27/

SWITCHED (THE COMPLETE STORY) https://www.okadabooks.com/book/about/switched/17272

ENJOY YOUR DAY! grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by pu7pl3(m): 12:42pm On Feb 27, 2018
How did they track jayes phone again
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by bimberry1307(f): 12:59pm On Feb 27, 2018
chai, which kind wahala be this nau?

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 2:26pm On Feb 27, 2018
pu7pl3:
How did they track jayes phone again

Hadiza left her phone in the car... they found it, found Jaye's number and tracked it's location grin
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 2:31pm On Feb 27, 2018
bimberry1307:
chai, which kind wahala be this nau?
I tire too oh!
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 11:00am On Feb 28, 2018
GOOD MORNING Y'ALL!

Twenty Seven

Hadiza finally arrived as they had expected and decided to take the smart move. Lure her with Jaye and at the same time bring him out of his hiding.

“Jaye is having a little problem with his left arm. Some guys were chasing after him, they got him injured but we rescued him. He said you’ll come here. We are here to get you” X-Ray called on Hadiza gently as if he meant no harm as she stood hazily against the canteen wall.

Perhaps it was the weight of the lie or just the voices. Something definitely broke Jaye free from his hiding.

He had two advantages over the two men. One, he saw them but they didn’t see him and secondly, he had gotten accustomed to the terrain.

So the men were surprised and unprepared when he emerged with a big plank out of his hiding place and hit domino as hard as his strength permitted. His victim, Domino fell like an elephant. He looked so dead and his partner bent over him trying to bring him back to life.

He grabbed Hadiza and dashed into the dark bushy night and with the rush of adrenaline, their fatigue nosedived and hit rock bottom.

X-Ray finally resuscitated his partner and they went after the running couple. They chased after them with hot intensity. Their energy was fuelled not by adrenalin but by burning anger, matched and almost outdid that of the couple’s.

It was dark and bushy but Hadiza was not frightened. Instead she was tired, very tired. The long walk earlier was telling on her body. She panted and gasped, then finally fell as they ran through the dark bushy place.

As she fell, Jaye stopped dead, all energy zapped from him. Hadiza looked and fumbled her hands on his face and told him to go on without her.

“Please go… go on without me… I know you love me but now you should move on. I…” words dried off her mouth.

“No…” Jaye refused.

He was going to say something but was stunned by the girl in front of him. She had stopped breathing. He was about settling down to his grief when he saw the two men almost at his nose.

His energy returned. He carried her and resumed the run but he was getting tired and the men were closing in.

When he couldn’t go on anymore, he found a tree and hid himself with Hadiza behind it. He thought it was over but the tree saved them. The men ran past and he settled again to check Hadiza.

Eventually, he saw that she wasn’t dead, she only fainted. He tried few methods he knew and she opened her eyes, much to his relief.

After a moment of rest, they stood and cautiously walked the bush and within minutes they were out of the woods, on the express but didn’t know where or which route the roads led to.

“I pray we find a ride” Jaye prayed as he played with Hadiza’s hair.

Their relief did not last long. X-Ray and Domino appeared again and they resumed their running.

However, Jaye’s prayer was answered. A messiah, a ride did come in form of a timber truck. The truck was going for timber logging in Ikire.

They highlighted at the Atoto junction and the truck went its way, leaving them with huge sense of relief.

After revelling in the joy of their escape, another reality dawned on them. They had neither food nor shelter for the night. It was almost 11:00 pm, everywhere was empty and silent. Only the screeches of the little creatures who found their voices only in the depth of the night greeted their ears.

They had become very tired, all the running caught up real fast with them. They found a furniture workshop and decided to take cover among the planks.

Just over about forty-five minutes into their rest, watchmen came to
unsettle them again. They were demanded to explain themselves or they
would be handed over to the police.

After the explanations from Jaye and plenty of tears from Hadiza, one of the guard arguably out of pity rather than belief gave them shelter and food in his home.

“Robbery and kidnapping had become an issue lately and security had to be upped” the watchman explained to them the following day in a rather surprisingly sound spoken English.

They thanked him and went off to Oke Igbo. It was the beginning of a new dawn, they assumed.

X-Ray and Domino couldn’t return to the Chief unless they had the ‘fugitives.’ They wanted to return but could not dare. They felt stupid and angry and incompetent, all at the same time. This couldn’t be the end of it. But what
was the way forward? They couldn’t answer.

“For now, let’s rest our heads, later we’ll lit this shit up” X-Ray said with confident words from a not so confident heart.

TWENTY EIGHT http://biadefola.com.ng/2018/03/01/switched-story-of-a-fierce-battle-between-desperate-infatuation-and-true-love-28/

SWITCHED (THE COMPLETE STORY) https://okadabooks.com/book/about/switched/17272

HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by bimberry1307(f): 11:08am On Feb 28, 2018
relieved!

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 11:45am On Feb 28, 2018
bimberry1307:
relieved!
Me too, lol
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by DemiKOL(f): 2:11pm On Feb 28, 2018
This is indeed a fierce battle. Thanks for the update man!

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 3:08pm On Feb 28, 2018
DemiKOL:
This is indeed a fierce battle.
Thanks for the update man!
u're welcome!
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by heryoub22(m): 3:46pm On Feb 28, 2018
Dindindin. Baba wehdone ooo. U jst dey Give me joy o

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 5:40pm On Feb 28, 2018
[quote author=heryoub22 post=65445427]Dindindin. Baba wehdone ooo. U jst dey Give me joy o[/quotep]

lol... the man that appoints may disappoint o
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Feb 28, 2018
Weldone dear.. Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by heryoub22(m): 6:57pm On Feb 28, 2018
[quote author=BiadeFolar post=65448336][/quote] I jst too trust you baba

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by pu7pl3(m): 12:36am On Mar 01, 2018
BiadeFolar:

Hadiza left her phone in the car... they found it, found Jaye's number and tracked it's location grin

Soo dem dey track number for naija

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Cadec007(m): 11:46am On Mar 01, 2018
pu7pl3:

yup.....naija no dull the wey u think am o
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 12:49pm On Mar 01, 2018
pu7pl3:

very cheap thing. our fore fathers invented it. go and ask the witches and wizards in your village grin grin
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 12:50pm On Mar 01, 2018
Cadec007:
yup.....naija no dull the wey u think am o

abi nah

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 12:59pm On Mar 01, 2018
Good afternoon, my good people. Hope unna dope. Ehn Ehn, there was one error in the update yesterday. For people that are reading on NL alone it's not an issue (By the way, you guys should please follow the links at the end of updates. HELP MY BLOGistry nah)... for those that follow the link, I mistakenly posted Episode 29 on the blog instead of 28... so yo guys missed some gist. All Sorted now.

NOW, THIS IS IMPORTANT... PLEASE... EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT BUYING, PLEASE GO TO https://okadabooks.com/book/about/switched/17272 AND WRITE A NICE REVIEW FOR ME. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

TWENTY EIGHT

It was in Oke Igbo that the whole story of the sham feelings and manipulations got a clear illumination. They had only taken a leap of faith by taking the move they took.

Jaye only knew Ali manipulated Hadiza and knew Adams helped him. He didn’t know that Hadiza got a similar fate about the proxy Facebook accounts nor that Hadiza received a similar text like he did.

He wasn’t aware that Rihanat was involved. The entire scheme was not clear to him, neither was he able to explain the details of the little he knew to Hadiza.

The fact that things were schemed was enough to make them make up their mind to run off together. The love was always there even during those days when their hearts pretended to be mad.

They blessed the decision they had made and would have cursed their detractors, those that planned the scheming, and those that made life difficult for them and those that almost chased life out of them.

They could curse but the happiness and fulfilment that they had was so huge that it trumped all forms of hatred.

Rather than hate them, they appreciated the fact that the development made them appreciate the value of what they had. They were simply thankful that evil didn’t ultimately have its way instead of wasting positive energy on hating. After all, peace and love had come to stay in their life.

_ _ _

While Jaye and Hadiza revelled in the bliss of their reunion, Domino and X-Ray were in disdain over their failed mission. They felt like shit. They couldn’t face their selves not to talk of the Chief who sent them.

“We are so dead” Domino lamented, with fear clearly manifested on his face.

X-Ray didn’t answer. He was too carried away, too busy asking himself questions to afford a response. How would they face Barnabas? What would they say to him? There was no way they would find the gut to go back to him. His orders were clear enough, ‘don’t return until you have them.’

If they wouldn’t meet Barnabas, he would meet them. Their resolve to abstain from him was broken when he himself refused to abstain from them.

Domino almost peed in his pants as the chief’s calm voice spoke through the phone speakers. They had known him long enough to understand that it was safe to be with Barnabas when he was uneasy and lethally dangerous when he was very calm.

He spoke softly as though his words were eggs that would break if not carefully chosen. Indeed his words were eggs but they were more of dynamite eggs, they fell explosively.

“You are either dead or you have the girl” Barnabas

sniffed as he threw his first Taliban.

The silence at other side of the line almost made Barnabas to think there was a network issue but he decided to fire another explosive.

“Yeah, dead men don’t talk. But you better resurrect and bring your ass back home” he said and hung up.

The call alerted the men in the two men, the Einstein and the Hitler, the brain and the power. X-Ray looked pale and tired but still remained calm and Domino was restless. He paced up and down. He didn’t know what to do but was certain X-Ray would come up with some idea, he always did. He couldn’t wait for that idea to arrive.

By the time X-Ray came up with an idea, Domino was already tired from pacing.

“We could find some useful information from the phone we got in her car” X-Ray said as a sparkle that had long gone from his eyes returned to them.

Almost when that idea was about settling, another presented itself. They would keep watch on the car abandoned by Hadiza. After all they would not want to completely let go of car. At least they would try to sell it off, either they came there or send someone.

With the ideas, they returned home to their lord, their tails dragging behind them and desperate to salvage their badly battered image of competence with the information they bore. After exploring the options, their lord, the chief ordered the car be towed to his house.

After all, it was bought with his money. The retrieved phone should be explored for possible clues. And someone was planted in the area from where the car was towed, should in case someone came for the car.

The struggle to impress their lord did not take too long before Hadiza and Jay’s possible whereabouts was discovered. X-Ray did what he was best at. He sniffed through the the phone left behind. He retrieved conversations between the two of them.

There was surprisingly not too much of it but X-Ray found out why when he saw the microchip that rerouted calls from her phone to another phone. Only two voice calls were retrieved and they were of no use. It was from the piles of text messages that they found something useful.

“Deal done. The Oke Igbo flat acquired.” A

retrieved message read.

“There, we have it. We have reasons to believe they are in Oke Igbo” X-Ray said with huge desire to catch them and equal inability to move an inch.

He didn’t know where on earth was called Oke Igbo. However, he needed not worry about his lack of geographical knowledge. Domino had already stepped up to give him one.

“I know the place. I practically grew up there and all the settlement on its axis.” Domino announced.

Domino had lived a large part of his teen years shuttling between Osogbo, Osun state and Ore, Ondo state as a bus conductor. He got his name Domino from the most educated man at the motor park that year. Festus was the park garage secretary. It was him that advised Domino that his real name, Dunmininu was too weak for the business he was in.

Festus gave him Domino which he said also fitted his big frame for free. Something he never did was Festus giving someone a name for free, either you pay him cash

or you buy him some liquor or weed but Domino got a name from him without a kobo.

Domino made friends in every park his driver plied. Oke Igbo garage was one of those places. His old contacts would stand him good stead. They moved the next day.

2 Likes

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 1:05pm On Mar 01, 2018
Twenty Nine

When Hadiza closed her account, the bank manager couldn’t stop it. But he felt something suspicious was cooking. He was going to inform Chief Barnabas of his suspicions but something told him to deal with it on his
own.

As a man who dealt in money, he knew millions of naira opportunities when he saw one. This was a lucrative opportunity to draw cash off Barnabas. He could use blackmail, all he needed was tangible information and chief would cough out millions.

To get the necessary information, he sent his underworld detective, Cenz to follow her wherever she went. His interest in the girl grew even more when Cenz reported that the Chief was also trailing her with his men.

It must be some big deal for Barnabas to be so interested. This strengthened Ken the more, he was not backing down.

When Cenz lost the girl and her partner, Ken made him trail the Barnabas’ men who were following her. So anywhere they went, Cenz went.

He found out that the men had found out the whereabouts of the girl and her boyfriend and would move to get them the next day and had his order to do something about it before Barnabas’ men got there.

Cenz didn’t have a hard time getting the couple, his work was made easy by the locals in the area. He didn’t sniff too much around before he got them. He simply used property agents and got the list houses that were recently rented.

The couple’s was the fourth on the list. He didn’t have to be seen by the couple. They need not know him. His job was to follow them, and make sure
they were not caught by Barnabas men, that would deny his boss the opportunity to cash in on the situation.

He would make them run, so that when Barnabas comes they wouldn’t be on ground. To put them at alert, he positioned himself where he could be heard and faked a phone call.

“Hello, I finally got their location. They are in a place in Oke Igbo. They don’t know that we know. No need to startle them but you guys should move in as soon as possible. I will send you the address and house picture after this call. My job is done here. I am out here for another job.” He dropped his words hoping they caught it and disappeared.

He stepped backward and eloped into darkness as he noticed Jaye approaching the window close to where he stood to make the call. After some moments he returned to see how much impact the call had made. He didn’t
have to wait too much to see.

_ _ _

Jaye and Hadiza were deliberating on which business to invest in when they heard the voice. Hadiza had put about nine hundred thousand from her closed account into Jaye’s account, who had a little over two hundred thousand naira there already.

Having spent about one hundred and twelve thousand on accommodation and basic house accessories, and about twenty thousand already on food and consumables, they saw the need to start something as fast as possible.

Jaye was talking about starting an agro-allied firm when the voice broke in. Hadiza felt all the energy in her drown, Jaye felt raw anger and anxiety brewing in him.

“We should leave this place immediately” Hadiza hurriedly said.

“No we can’t continue to run.” Jaye said holding his head.

“We should… we should call the police.” He suggested.

He made an attempt at being calm but the amount of trouble housed by his mind was just too much for that.

“Fool.” Cenz said seriously considering doing something more drastic to let him see the eminent danger.

“Please. Let’s leave. You don’t know this man.” Hadiza cautioned him.

She wished he understood the danger at hand like she knew the man they were at war with.

“He has a lot of influence and informing the police would simply amount to handling ourselves over to him” She tried to explain as swiftly as she could.

“Okay, If he is as powerful as you claim, you should know that he would get us wherever we go” Jaye was not yielding.

“Maybe you should call your mummy… she could call someone or an idea that would help.” She suggested again.

“No. she can’t even be aware that I’m in this mess. I have to pretend I’m in Ede till all this is over. The pressure may kill her.”

After all the standoff they had over his refusal to leave Akwanga, his mother was the last person he would tell about the mess he was in.

“We could go to a village or some place with really hidden features where there would be no network, so that we wouldn’t be traceable. We’d just go off their radar” she said, trying to escape by all means.

She saw the reluctance saw on Jaye’s face and grew more impatient.

“If we go to hell, they would find us if they want. We thought we were free when we got here remember.” Jaye replied unyieldingly.

He simply wanted to stand up and fight it out with whatever it was. He was tired of running.

“Ok. Fine. Stay here. I’ll go on without you” she said with all the seriousness she could feign.

“Fine. Pack your stuffs. let’s accept we are doomed to live as nomads.” He finally said in defeat.

She defeated him with that last punch. He would not let her go away from him, not ever again. They couldn’t move everything at once since the relocation was not planned. They only took the little personal effects they
could and joined a bus going to Ondo town.

They didn’t know the place well enough to decide on which village was the best to settle in so Jaye talked to a man who correctly assumed was a villager into talking village life.

Before they got to Ondo town, he had decided to go to the man’s village. Okeruku was the name of the man’s village and that’s where they would
be hiding.

“For how long?” Jaye asked himself.

Thirty http://biadefola.com.ng/2018/03/01/switched-story-of-a-fierce-battle-between-desperate-infatuation-and-true-love-30/

Switched (The Complete Story) https://okadabooks.com/book/about/switched/17272

PLEASE FOLLOW THE OKADA LINK AND WRITE ME A NICE A REVIEW grin

HAVE A GREAT DAY, LESS I FORGET HAPPY NEW MONTH... I WAS BORN IN MARCH 1901, YOU KNOW? WISH ME HAPPY BAIDAY LATER THIS MONTH, 26TH TO BE PRECISE!

4 Likes

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 1:10pm On Mar 01, 2018
Pu7pl3 Gucciqueen38 Akinwale14 Bimberry1307 Mizsylviah DemiKOL heryoub22 Cadec007 genius43 grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

Love In A Circle / Heartstrings / Everybody Is A Genius--season 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.