Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,677 members, 7,820,374 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) (47376 Views)

TEMI {MINE} All About True Love And True Betrayal! By Temioluwa Kenny / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / Fierce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by pu7pl3(m): 11:29am On Mar 05, 2018
Tooshort bro angry

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 1:03pm On Mar 05, 2018
pu7pl3:
Tooshort bro angry
Sorry mate
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Nobody: 5:21pm On Mar 05, 2018
Thanks for the update,
Hope dinner is cooking wink

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by heryoub22(m): 7:52pm On Mar 05, 2018
Oya come and update ooo. Haba since owanbe update

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 8:00pm On Mar 05, 2018
tomorrow please. i've got issues with my laptop remember?

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by John944: 10:09pm On Mar 05, 2018
De story perfect! more_fire!! @Biade_folar

2 Likes

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 10:02am On Mar 06, 2018
GOOD MORNING Y'ALL... HOW WAS YOUR NITE.

THIRTY TWO

Ken was a man who knew his game. His grand plan was to keep the bargaining chips out of Barnabas’ reach, then make him so needy… so bad that he would pay any amount. This was not the first time Manager Ken had fed from blackmail and he was sure it wouldn’t fail to be another hit.

Actually, he was confident this was going to be a big one. He was in the driving seat or so he thought. Even if he wasn’t really in it, he was about to put himself in the driving seat.

He gave Cenz the words to get social media platforms trending with a Barnabas Scandal, the stories and rumours must not mention any names but profiles should be close enough for Barnabas to know that his roof was burning and must comfortable eschew his sleep.

It was never a difficult task to find a blogger who would publish a scandalous story. So far it would generate a lot of clicks. The more controversial it was, the more money they’d make. Cenz as always, knew what to do. He took the instructions and executed it perfectly.

He found the house of the popular blogger, Masses Mouth, whose real name had been overwhelmed by his blog’s name- massesmouth.com. He prepared an envelope titled anonymous and dropped it at his doorstep.

When Masses mouth found the envelope and the title on it, he knew what would be in it. It was not the first time he received anonymous tips and stories. There was always some politician seeking to destroy another politician.

He never cared whether those stories were true or not (large percentage was always true anyways). He honestly didn’t care. Scandals are good for business whether true or not.

When he opened the envelope he saw a different kind of scandal, one that came with instructions and pay. On a piece of paper strapped to a wad of cash was the note.

“Aggressively promote this on social media.” The note read.

“What could be sweeter than this?” he said smiling at the money in his hand.

After going through the pictures and various little write ups he came up with a theory.

“Prominent man wants to forcibly marry a girl to his son; she refuses and runs with her boyfriend on the wedding day. They had embarrassed and hurt the chief’s young political career and he is using all his resources to hunt them down. The lovers would have no hope of survival if he catches them.”

He created an article out of it and published it on his blog and posted it on his social media accounts… and bang! It went viral. Masses mouth made his money, Ken got his reaction.

The one week seemed like eternity for Chief Barnabas. Though the initial story didn’t mention his name but subsequent articles and opinion might do.

The articles had grown tributaries, people wrote subs, drew cartoons and ran comic online polls which chief it might be. Many suggested Barnabas and of course some others. Reporters harassed Ali and his father at chance. Barnabas would grant political interviews and would somehow get questions on the article.

It got to the height of it and Barnabas thought it best to tell his own side of the story. He granted an interview with the same blogger who broke the scandal in the first place. He assumed it was a strategic move to use the same blogger to air his experience in the issue. He made all attempts to convince him that he was a victim in the development.

If the scandal had substance, the anonymous source should come out and name names, it was simply an effort of his political opponent to berate him. People should focus on more pressing issues facing the country instead of allowing simpleton politicians to use a cooked story as a distraction.

Unexpectedly for Barnabas, the interview didn’t help. It instead fuelled the media talks and gist. It elevated him from the position of a possible suspect and situated him at the centre of the scandal.

People concluded that he actually had some strong involvement in the case and only wanted to use the country’s problems as a distraction, what’s more pressing to a common man than being terrorized by the elite because his son wanted the same lady as him and the lady chooses him? They asked.

Political support started dropping for Barnabas, his allies asked him for clarification especially those who attended the cancelled wedding of his son but got no proper explanation as to what went down. Some of those who were close to him enough to know the real story had advised him to tow the path he did.

“This is gross humiliation. You have to track her down and teach her a serious lesson” they had sternly advised.

But the way things went out of hand left them no choice but to back down. They had to protect their own political career. It would be suicidal to queue behind an embodiment of mess like Barnabas.

Barnabas knew X-Ray and Domino had failed and he might go down soon. So he made one last push. He arranged a meeting with Ken. Whatever info, he had should be worth something.

THIRTY THREE: http://biadefola.com.ng/2018/03/06/switched-story-of-a-fierce-battle-between-desperate-infatuation-and-true-love-33/

Switched (The Complete Story) https://okadabooks.com/book/about/switched/17272

Have a blessed day!

2 Likes

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by pu7pl3(m): 12:19pm On Mar 06, 2018
Ken has turned into a big player in this game...like littlefinger in game of thrones

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by bimberry1307(f): 12:25pm On Mar 06, 2018
this is getting serious.

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 9:29am On Mar 07, 2018
Hello Y'all!

Ken was excited and a little surprised by the call from Barnabas. He was happy and confident. He always knew his hard work would pay off but had some doubts after Barnabas granted the interview.

The aftermath of the interview further strengthened his pessimism in the project he had spent over 2million naira on. He thought Barnabas had gone politically for good and would not need the card he had anymore but when the chief called, his confidence grew.

Now he would demand 500% of his investment against his initial plan of 200%. It was worth it, he knew.

“I’m meeting Barnabas at Maxit Lodge today but I don’t trust him, he might want to play dirty. Go there and check for any suspicious movement” Ken said to Cenz. Cenz was more of a detective than an errand boy. He knew when to dress for attention and when to appear to disappear.

For the Maxit lodge mission, he did it simple, no sun shades, no supra shoes, no leather jacket and pierced jeans. He simply wore white a T-shirt and cream coloured chinos with flip-flops.

Like a random guy, he wandered the lodge with his phone in his hand. He took selfies at random.

He completely looked unsuspicious. It didn’t take him too long before he noticed X-Ray in one corner, and Domino in another, their outfits introduced them though he knew who they were, outfit or not.

He made sure to know their mission and it didn’t take him too long to know. X-Ray’s phone rang and what he said sold him away.

“Sir, this place is clear. No danger in view. You can come.” X-ray said to someone at the other end of the line.

As if in reciprocity, Cenz called his boss and reported to him.

“I have two guys here. Apparently, they are here to ascertain if it’s safe for Barnabas to come. It might as well be an ambush. I suggest you do this talking through other means.” He reported.

“You’ve done well. You can come back” Ken said, hung

up and dialled Barnabas’ number.

“Hello chief, I suggest we have this talk via email. Information reaching me indicates threats to my life, this maybe the work of your rivals. You should get a well protected mail that can’t be traced to you, I will get mine and we can get this over with.”

“I will get back to you” Barnabas replied. He wasn’t in

the mood for hide and seeks.

“You two get over here, your job is done there” he

returned Domino and X-Ray home and sent Ken a text.

“Send ur message to this email address

(christxcxcxcxcxcx@live.com)” the text read. They got down to business. Ken sent his proposal.

“I noticed Hadiza had something up when I realised her account with GMB was empty, I had my men secretly tail her. The information has it that she is outside Nigeria with her boyfriend. They were said to have been sent abroad by one of your political enemies and they sent that story to the blogger anonymously. They are only waiting for the right time to start saying more things. Now here is the deal, I have their current location and can deliver them to you only if you agree to take care of the travelling of my boy and pay me 10million naira. Once this is settled you will have your fugitives.” Ken sent.

The 10million was not an issue for Barnabas, what irritated him was the way Ken carried himself in the message. He would do his bidding now and deal with him later, he decided.

There was always time to deal with greedy brats like him. He just needed to get what he wanted first.

“No problem with the money, but I really need to be sure you have and can deliver them.” he asked.

Ken was prepared for this. He had had Cenz get video and voice recording of Jaye and Hadiza and he did the job as he made sure to keep in touch with them. He had phone conversations which were always recorded and received videos and pictures on Whatsapp.

The files came handy for Ken. He sent them to Barnabas. Barnabas was convinced that Ken had Hadiza and the boy but didn’t trust him. He decided to follow the deal through anyways. He sent the 10million naira and Cenz prepared for the trip. In case Ken disappointed, he had his backup plan.

Ken was elated with the smoothness of the job and gigantic return it fetched. He had expected to reap 4million instead of the 10million he did get. Out of the excess 6million, he decided to gift 3million to Cenz for a well done job.

“You have done well and you deserve a pat on the back. Take this token, you may want to do some shopping in the UK” he said as he handed over the cheque to him.

Thirty Four http://biadefola.com.ng/2018/03/07/switched-story-of-a-fierce-battle-between-desperate-infatuation-and-true-love-34/

Complete Story https://okadabooks.com/book/about/switched/17272

Have a good day y'all

2 Likes

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by pu7pl3(m): 10:41am On Mar 07, 2018
But why is it that after everything jaye and hadiza are still trackable like animals in a reserve angry...

I hate stupid naivity angry

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 12:07pm On Mar 08, 2018
Hello Y'all

Thirty Four

Cenz never owned N500,000 in his entire life, the N3million birthed a new man in him. His mind played guest to thoughts all through his flight to London. By the time he landed at Heathrow, his mind was made.

With 3million he could change his life, go get a degree, start a new life, he could run a business instead of errands. He had run enough errands in Nigeria; he wouldn’t do the same in the Diaspora. This time he would make Michael proud. Michael never liked his job and his lifestyle. It was about time he turned new leaf.

The guys had suffered enough already, their only sin was to love each other. He wouldn’t contribute to their travails anymore. He would only warn them and walk away.

Cenz got to the waiting area and met a sea of people carrying cards and signs, in the midst stood a couple carrying nothing but smiles on their faces. He wanted to smile too but the gravity of what he was supposed to do buried his teeth.

His mind flashed back to the instructions he got from home. He had arranged the couple’s travel under a fake ID, he was carrying another fake one which bore their faces, he was to create a scene with them and attract the attention of the law enforcement officers, the fake IDs would be found and they’d be deported.

The task was as simple as go but the thoughts he had had during the 6 hours 43 minutes flight and the pristine happiness their smiles radiated made it an uphill task. It would take a Hitler to hurt these two.

His worry was replaced with a big smile as he got closer to them. He gave them a warm embrace and walked away from the terminal with them.

The ride from Heathrow was an indifferent one. They talked nothing and everything, just casual talk. At Myrtle Avenue, Cenz asked the cab to pull over. The noise from aircrafts hovering 40ft above them should drain whatever it is he would say.

“First I need you to forgive me. I am not the good guy you think I am.” He started.

Hadiza assumed she knew where it was going. Jaye just

didn’t want to hear it.

“See whatever it is that you have done before now, you are still good dude as far as you can genuinely desist from it from now on.” Jaye said.

“I actually work for someone who’s using you to blackmail Chief Barnabas. Barnabas has paid him 10 million naira to produce you, and I have gotten 3 million to do the job but I am running away from them and you should be careful too. If they don’t see me, they will send another person and your fake ID with which we brought you will be used against you.” Cenz said walking away.

“I will advise you to leave London all together” he recommended and disappeared before his emotion could get the better of him.

_ _ _

Hadiza and Jaye stood there frozen dazed. She wondered how they kept going through roller coasters.

“So we will be running again” Hadiza asked in a rhetoric fashion.

A deafening slap landed on Jaye before he could give his reply. X-Ray gave no room for a breather, punches followed slaps. It was an unexpected assault which gave no room for composure.

By time composure finally found its way to Jaye, it came with along with the men of law. Cops took them in for questioning and found out they all were illegal immigrants. X-Ray had about thirteen IDs on him, all belonging to him, Hadiza and Jaye.

They had breached United Kingdom’s immigration rule and had to leave the country. Minutes after 8:00am their privileged style aircraft returned them and others like them to Lagos.

The Nigerian Immigration Service official on ground made sure those deported for criminal and drugs offences were handed over to the Nigerian Police and NDLEA respectively.

X-Ray, Hadiza and Jaye were migration offenders, so were allowed to find their way. However, they were relieved of task of finding their way by the waiting Domino.

They returned to the gnawing claws of Barnabas who had sent X-Ray on the trails of Cenz since he didn’t trust Ken.

“The bastard will think he had seen an ATM to constantly blackmail and get fat alerts. You follow him and make sure nothing goes wrong” he had told X-Ray.

Upon arrival, Domino had teamed up with X-Ray to kidnap the couple. They followed the couple from the airport, waited for the perfect place and time to strike, this time with no mistakes.

“Though you struggled to get this job done from the beginning, I will not fail to hail you. I always knew that Ken was a bastard. If he had not been aiding them, they wouldn’t have eluded you that much. Go and enjoy yourself now. We will deal with the greedy bastard later.” Barnabas urged.

He followed his words with wads of cash to his boys and went away giving another instruction.

“Guard those two with your life. They escape, you die.”

He ordered in usual calm but very dangerous voice and walked out.

Thirty Five http://biadefola.com.ng/2018/03/08/switched-story-of-a-fierce-battle-between-desperate-infatuation-and-true-love-35/

Switched (The Complete Story) https://okadabooks.com/book/about/switched/17272

Y'all have a good day!

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Mizsylviah(f): 12:16pm On Mar 08, 2018
Loving this dear..... Keep up the good work
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 1:34pm On Mar 08, 2018
Mizsylviah:
Loving this dear..... Keep up the good work

boss lady thanks! kiss

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by bimberry1307(f): 1:54pm On Mar 08, 2018
Awwwwn! which kind wahala be this nau?

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 2:12pm On Mar 08, 2018
bimberry1307:
Awwwwn! which kind wahala be this nau?

Me sef tire o
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by pu7pl3(m): 3:51pm On Mar 08, 2018
And they finally caught the fools angry

2 Likes

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Nobody: 8:22am On Mar 09, 2018
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 10:29am On Mar 09, 2018
Hello Y'all

Ali found himself somewhere around the threshold of relief, confusion and unease. He couldn’t negotiate his thoughts to sync. One moment, he felt relieved that he had Hadiza once again and confused on the other hand as to why he longed for a lady who was madly in love with someone else.

The fact that Jaye was free and walking equally made him nervous. He could mastermind another stunt. The thought of Jaye made his head boil. He could not concentrate on anything.

After exercising his mind for hours, he came up with what he thought was a solution. Jaye had to be eliminated, he concluded.

The idea gave some succour to his worked up mind, but that was short lived. He wanted to go about it instantly but his father wouldn’t have it. He had been warned never to get involved in any sort of ‘dirty job’. That was what X-Ray and Domino get paid to do and he couldn’t even send them on that. He had to inform his father who would do the sending.

He grew restless waiting for his father who was not answering his calls and was taking rather too long to return home. Every second he waited seemed like hours.

Chief Barnabas got home before 7pm every day. Take away days he had political meetings, most of which often took place in his house’s guest house.

His strange lateness got Ali wondering if something had happened to his father. He for once, forgot about Jaye and the stubborn Hadiza.

“God, let father be safe” he prayed without minding if God minded him not being a believer.

By the time his father finally emerged, he had realized how much he actually loved his dad. He loved the man more than anybody. What he had for Hadiza was just an obsession. He knew his father loved him too and had done a lot of bad things for that sake.

He saw that it had taken him too long to grasp the reality of that phenomenon called love. It can make you go extra mile and do the unthinkable. Who said one’s right to love was bigger than another persons. He just hoped it wasn’t too late to put a stop to all the ills that had been done because of Hadiza.

“Maybe Jaye and Hadiza actually deserve to be left alone.” He thought.

When his father finally emerged, he hugged him so tight as though he would go into him and managed to give voice to his feeling.

“I love you father. I was scared something had happened to you” he said and sighed.

Whatever Ali’s feelings were, his father was far from impressed. His son didn’t have to tell him about the warmth of his feeling towards him; it should not even be on the table. It was always a mutual duty of both father and son to love each other. He was not supposed to be scared of something happening to him either.

“You weakling, now you got me wondering if you are even really my son? If you are worried about me, it should not be behind the door, you should be out there scouting for me.” He pointed out with an irritated voice.

“I was just making sure all was well.” Ali replied and withdrew from his father with sunken shoulders.

“Next time you do that like a man, not by telling tales of love and fright like a girl” he said, taking a sit beside his son.

He swabbed his eyes with a white handkerchief, rubbed his cheeks with his palms and let out a loud yawn.

“Get us something to drink; we’ve got a celebration to do.” He announced.

Eager to hear what the celebration was all about, Ali returned with a bottle of champagne and cups as fast as though he never left. His mind guessed hard to come around what the subject of jubilation could be during the interval. Did Jaye trade Hadiza for his safety? Did the party give a consensus ticket to daddy? Did the company win another billion naira contract?

He couldn’t guess proper so he gave up the guesswork and let the horse’s mouth do its work.

36 http://biadefola.com.ng/2018/03/09/switched-story-of-a-fierce-battle-between-desperate-infatuation-and-true-love-36/

Full Story https://okadabooks.com/book/about/switched/17272

Enjoy your day all

2 Likes

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by bimberry1307(f): 10:58am On Mar 09, 2018
:Pthanks dear, but I was wondering if you were a miser in your former life. guy, this update small die. make sure the next one is extra lengthy o if not, gh0st go visit you o. lol

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by chiexcel: 12:10pm On Mar 09, 2018
Tenks so much 4 d update.....but the tin is kinda short ooo

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 12:48pm On Mar 09, 2018
Okay, I'l try to do something in the evening.... You no guys I'm always busy with work. Plus some other stories I am working on with my publisher. Anyways I am sorry buh you should do well to visit my blog www.biadefola.com.ng I need traffic there too. Tanz
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by pu7pl3(m): 3:18pm On Mar 09, 2018
bimberry1307:

:Pthanks dear, but I was wondering if you were a miser in your former life. guy, this update small die. make sure the next one is extra lengthy o if not, gh0st go visit you o. lol

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 6:25pm On Mar 09, 2018
[quote author=pu7pl3 post=65695861][/quote]

Pu7pl3 warm yourself o... Sontin dat I intensionally ignore you're coming to loud it.
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by pu7pl3(m): 8:30pm On Mar 09, 2018
BiadeFolar:

Pu7pl3 warm yourself o... Sontin dat I intensionally ignore you're coming to loud it.

Sorry sir grin

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by soliskid(m): 9:07pm On Mar 09, 2018
nice story though
keep the good work on[color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 11:27pm On Mar 09, 2018
soliskid:
nice story though
keep the good work on[color=#990000][/color]
Thanks bro
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 12:51am On Mar 10, 2018

The day before, Chief Barnabas had sent Domino to silence Ken forever. He had to pay for his treachery and greed.

Getting the job done was a simple fry for Domino but the aftermath became as a hard chew to swallow not just for him but especially for Barnabas’ fragile political oesophagus. Domino was caught on CCTV and subsequently was declared wanted for the murder of Ken.

Domino had to be eliminated too before he got linked with him. He couldn’t afford to allow his career be ruined just like that.

It was a matter of priority for Barnabas to decide on letting go of Domino. He was an ever obedient servant, loyalist to the core, but he was not bigger than his ambition. He could be caught, could be traced to him, he could confess under torture. What had to be done had to be done no matter how heartbreaking it seemed.

He had concluded that the job had to be done by none other than himself. He couldn’t trust anyone else for the job. How would he ask X-Ray to take the life of his colleague? He picked up his phone and called X-Ray.

“You two bring your ass down here.” He had called.

He waited for them in his personal bar, the first time he ever did that. He never allowed anyone in his private bar, not even his son. He did another first thing though, he served the drink himself.

In the midst of all that, one thing was strange. He remained his deadly calm self. They had seen that before and it was not always cool. That scared X-Ray the most. He knew something bad had happened or was going to happen for him to be that calm. He was more terrified by the boss’ strange decision to host them in his personal bar and serve them himself.

X-ray sat in absolute silence, very terrified but didn’t let his countenance show it. Domino didn’t notice any imminent danger, nothing ever seemed strange to him. To him, a wealthy man can do as he deems fit.

“The wonders of a rich man” he would say.

He wasn’t scared but also remained silent. Barnabas broke the silence ultimately with a mild admonition which significance would be found out only later.

“Gentlemen, relax. Let’s hold out as friends for this moment. We never know how long we will last together. Let’s cherish this moment as if it’s our last” he had said.

Those words were followed by bottles of cold beer, two for Domino and X-Ray, and one for himself. X-Ray knew something bad was on the horizon. Left to him, he wouldn’t take a sip but the calm look on Barnabas’ face scared him such that he established it as an order to gulp it.

Absolute silence reined as they drank until Domino probably because he was high on the alcohol or just fed up broke the silence.

“This silence is getting too loud guys, are we in a grave yard?” he yelled, alcohol or maybe with something else clear in his voice.

“Here is actually not a grave yard but someone will die here tonight” Barnabas said with a loud laugh.

X-Ray sensed danger but Domino didn’t. They both laughed anyway. X-Ray laughed because it was a sin to not laugh to the boss’ joke while Domino did because he actually found it funny. Funny enough, he was having his last laugh. Moments later, he asked to be excused and settled in a long cushion in the bar to get some sleep, his last sleep, the one he never woke from.

“Domino had to be freed, X-Ray. He got himself exposed at Ken’s and his head had a bounty on it. It is a matter of time before they get and trace him to us. It was a difficult decision but this had to be done. He may not have had the best of lives but he did die peacefully didn’t he?” he announced as though quizzing his surviving henchman.

He meant the question as rhetoric but X-Ray answered anyway albeit with cloudy head. He was sad and seriously concerned. If Domino could be eliminated, who says he couldn’t be. He knew he had to make himself indispensable, be a thinker not only an errand boy. He had to chart the cause for his own emancipation and liberation.

“He sure did sir.” He replied.

“Now we have to do him the last honours. You must find a final resting place for him.” he said calmly.

X-Ray noticed his boss didn’t categorically mention burying Domino which means in other words, that he should find a place to dump him.

Questions and thoughts raced in his head. What if I got caught in the process? What if this heartless monster was trying to frame me? Maybe I have poison in me too, may be I’ll be dead sooner or later. Then, an idea hit him.

“Sir I have an idea. Why not let us use this opportunity to get rid of Jaye” he said with a blaze in his eyes.

“I assumed you are an intelligent thug but this…” he threw his face up in disappointment.

“You are such a fool. We have not done anything to handle just one body and you are talking about adding more.” He scolded.

“No sir, you don’t understand me.” He meant to say ‘you are the fool here.’

“I mean we should set him up and frame him for killing Domino. Ken’s car would be stolen, and Domino’s body would be in the trunk. We will release and orchestrate an attack on him at a point where I’ll emerge in Ken’s car to save him. I’d excuse myself maybe to ease myself there I would feign a distress call to the police from the already dead man. Then give Jaye the keys to Ken’s car in which Domino’s gun and the drug that killed Domino would have been planted. I will urge him to go on, to go away from that place as far as he could and give him a description as to where to pack the car.

The police will catch him in possession of poisonous drugs, gun and corpse in trunk. The corpse of a suspect in the car of his victim at that. They would conclude someone had sent him to kill Domino to erase tracks. They would ask but he wouldn’t be able to give any names. With a little push from you, he wouldn’t have fair hearing. He would be charged and imprisoned or possibly executed. That way all links to Ken’s death would be removed and Jaye would be forever cut away from Hadiza.” He submitted.

37 http://biadefola.com.ng/2018/03/09/switched-story-of-a-fierce-battle-between-desperate-infatuation-and-true-love-37/

Complete https://okadabooks.com/book/about/switched/17272

2 Likes

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by DemiKOL(f): 4:35am On Mar 10, 2018
Thanks for the update!
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by heryoub22(m): 7:31pm On Mar 10, 2018
Nice one. Oya as blues dey win Beta cum drop sumtin for the winning oo

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 8:04pm On Mar 10, 2018
heryoub22:
Nice one. Oya as blues dey win Beta cum drop sumtin for the winning oo
lol trust me nah
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 8:27pm On Mar 10, 2018
Up Blues ooo... Oya chop this for the win!

“But…” Barnabas was going to say something but he ran out of words.

He couldn’t accept that such a suggestion came from a lowly thug like X-Ray. For the first time in his life he was scared of the punk. This one could one day plot my downfall or turn out to be another Ken. He eventually managed to settle it in his head.

“Well, warning taken, let us do this business first and I will do something about you later.” He thought.

He stood up, strode towards X-Ray and held his shoulders very tightly and said calmly “You’ve got a brilliant idea there, one or two adjustment will make it perfect. For instance, your identity can not be revealed for any reason and it has to be done tonight. You will be duly rewarded for this brilliant idea of yours.”

If Barnabas had spoken his promise in a less calm manner, X-Ray would have bought the sweetness of it but he knew well that the man would really ‘reward him duly’ only if he made himself indispensable, that was exactly what he would do until he finally find a perfect escape route. He would focus on the job of the moment.

After about two and half hours, X-Ray returned to his boss. He had done the job according to plan. Anything that could link Ken’s death to the boss was completely gone. He knew the boss would start thinking of ‘duly rewarding’ him now, so he chose his words carefully.

_ _ _

“Sir when the job is done. Your go-to-people in the police should ensure that he goes to prison straight from their cell. With that you can put it to bed and start working on your senatorial ticket. Maybe we could implicate some of your political opponents too.” X-ray opined as after completing the task.

With the last line, he actually did postpone his ‘due reward.’

“May be he would be useful for a little longer. We shall see how far you can go” Barnabas said as he shook X-Ray’s hand and wished him goodnight.

“You have done well. Go and rest, we’ll talk tomorrow.” He said to X-ray and went home.

_ _ _

By the time Barnabas got home, his son was waiting. He exhibited some signs of weakness that would have gotten him enraged on other occasions but the relief and satisfaction he felt was too huge to be overshadowed by the faults in his son. He sat the son down and fed him the good news. All that unfolded that night.

“You can see I justifiably came late. Now you can enjoy your woman. The only thing I want in return is your undivided concentration and attention to my company… your company. You man the company while I focus on winning the polls.” Barnabas told his son and gulped the refreshing drink down his throat.

The new development reset Ali’s mind. All thoughts of letting go of Hadiza deserted him. He was full of Joy. He loved his father even the more but now he couldn’t tell whether he loved him more than Hadiza.

The concept of obsession became a puzzle. Was he obsessed with his father and actually loved Hadiza or the other way round? It didn’t matter. His heart was after the two of them. He would now be able to face Hadiza with concrete fact that would forever put Jaye in her bad books.

He went to sleep with butterflies in his stomach. The next morning, the butterflies didn’t leave but the action he took next made them disappear completely.

With seemingly inextinguishable happiness, he entered the room where Hadiza was kept. No one had seen her for the last five days except the cook that brought her food. When she saw Ali, she knew something was amiss.

“What now. You have imprisoned me, what next are you going to do” her eyes were red and laced with anger and misted with tears.

“I am sorry, deeply sorry. I thought this would give you time to reflect. Maybe if you think it through, I thought maybe you’d see how much I love you. See how far I have come all because I don’t want to lose you.” He pleaded with his gentlest voice.

Hadiza chuckled in disbelieve.

“Love. You call that love?” she boiled with anger but knew she couldn’t do anything.

She was in the lion’s den.

“If you truly love me you would have rooted for my happiness. You…” she bit her lips and stopped whatever she was going to say. What was the point of trading words with this rogue? She would just wait there and see what next, she decided.

She actually didn’t care what would happen to her and to the best of her knowledge, Ali won’t hurt her physically but the fact that she couldn’t tell what Jaye was going through gave her more headache.

38 http://biadefola.com.ng/2018/03/10/switched-story-of-a-fierce-battle-between-desperate-infatuation-and-true-love-38/

complete story https://okadabooks.com/book/about/switched/17272

Make unna chop grace! grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter / Love In A Circle / Heartstrings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.