Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,946 members, 7,828,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Why Many Christians Will Perish Because Of Paying Tithes. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Many Christians Will Perish Because Of Paying Tithes. (463 Views)

One Governor Will Die,4 Senators Will Perish, Prophet Cries Out, / Killing Of Christians Will Plunge Nigeria Into War – Northern CAN / Biafra: You Will Perish In The Red Sea - Asari Dokubo Fires Buhari [VIDEO] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Many Christians Will Perish Because Of Paying Tithes. by FeddysWorld(m): 1:07pm On Jan 31, 2018
Looking into the controversial issues of tithes in Nigerian churches today, it is obvious that many people do not really have clear understanding of the bible they claim to read. If you dont have a clear understanding of the bible then it means you dont have the holy spirit and as such you will perish because the bible says "my people perish for lack of knowledge"

There is no where i have seen in the bible that jesus and his disciples paid tithes but if i am wrong you can correct me and show me. Since the coming of Jesus christ and the new testament, true men of God are not suppose to even preach the gospel based on the old testament but only the new testament. Men of God from the old testament could be used occupationally to give people examples of their works for God but we are not meant to do things based on the old testament in any way.

Even if you have to pay tithes, there was no were in the bible that mentioned your tithes should be money. "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse that there may be meat in my house". These tithes were food stuffs from harvest made by people and it was meant to feed those hungry in the church. Now why do pastors not tell people to convert their 10% income into foodstuffs and bring to the church so that the hungry people can always feed.

Ignorance has over clouded so many people that they dont even know what they are doing but they feel they are Christians. This only shows that alot of people just go to church to deceive themselves because if every church goer understand the bible themselves, they will individually do things right.

"Many will come in my name but I know them not". Jesus already knew and that is what we see today. I bet you that if you convert your 10% income into foodstuffs and give your church as tithes, God will bless you even more for providing food in his house and then you will begin to see how God will punish alot of pastors if they dont provide food for those hungry members or maybe they will sell the foodstuffs because they need the money.

A true believe has God in his heart and do not depend on any pastor or money.

2 Likes

Re: Why Many Christians Will Perish Because Of Paying Tithes. by Authoreety: 3:38pm On Jan 31, 2018
No be by force o.....

If u cant pay ur tithe, pls stop discouraging those pipo that see the need to pay theirs

(1) (Reply)

18 Killed In Zamfara Attack / See Old Thread Where Igbo Fraud Was Finally Put To Rest. / Over 80 Million Nigerians Are Poor - Federal Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.