Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,514 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

2019: Middle Belt Will Withdraw Support From North — Forum - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Middle Belt Will Withdraw Support From North — Forum (26738 Views)

Tinubu Told To Withdraw Support For Oshiomhole To Avert APC Collapse / 2019: Middle Belt Will Slug It Out With Far North —Hon Bitrus Kaze / 2019: Middle Belt Presents David Mark For President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Middle Belt Will Withdraw Support From North — Forum by Blue3k(m): 5:14am On Feb 01, 2018
The Chairman of the Middle Belt Forum (MBF), Bala Takaya, has vowed that the people of North-central zone would not work with other parts of Northern Nigeria in next years general elections.

He said this is to ensure that the zone is recognised as an important region in the country.

Mr. Takaya stated this on Wednesday in Jos at a one-day summit tagged: “Political and Security Situation of Middle Belt: The need for roadmap.”

He said the recent handshake across the Niger by leaders of the South-south, South-east and South-west was a build-up to 2019 and reaction to insecurity in Nigeria, especially, in the North-central.

“The handshake across the Niger especially with South/South, South/East and South/West is to address salient issues affecting the zones. We are not standing aloof, we are working together in the struggle for equitable Nigeria through restructuring.

“Leaders from these regions of the country were received by the leadership of the Middle Belt in Benue State in solidarity with the people and government of Benue State over the recent killings. We have solid relationship and we are in support of what the Benue State governor is doing. He should not waver, attack on one is an attack on all.”

Mr. Takaya called on the youth of the geo-political zone to be more proactive and defend their God-given lands.

He said the zone is presently vulnerable to attacks by herdsmen because the youth are not united, adding there is the need for synergy among them to arrest the frequent attacks.

“Middle Belt youths must work together to overcome these challenges. The zone now is under the carpet. In some states, you have to be their surrogates to win elections in spite of your strength and population. If you win, it can be upturned but I believe all these can stop if our youths are united for common front.”

The National Leader of the Middle Belt Youth Forum, Emma Zopmal, condemned the recent spate of killings in the region and the “silence” of the federal government.

Mr. Zopmal urged the youth to protect themselves and their lands since the government had allegedly failed to protect them.

The keynote speaker at the conference and a former governorship aspirant in Kwara State, John Dara, also called for the unity of the zone and support for all its elected public office holders.

Mr. Dara said the youth should form a Middle Belt Frontier Force to defend their region from attacks from outside.

He said the youth should not wait till they are appointed to positions of authority but rise up and play their part and stop lamentation.

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/257238-2019-middle-belt-will-withdraw-support-north-forum.html

L

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Middle Belt Will Withdraw Support From North — Forum by sarrki(m): 5:16am On Feb 01, 2018
It chngea nothing

Except pmb will not contest

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2019: Middle Belt Will Withdraw Support From North — Forum by Blue3k(m): 5:18am On Feb 01, 2018
I don't think this group has that much clout politically. Didn't they throw weight behind Jonathan last time. Their message is sound populist one though. Defend yourselves since government failed to protect you.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Middle Belt Will Withdraw Support From North — Forum by bugidon(m): 5:18am On Feb 01, 2018
No o, buhari till 2030 grin. Una never see something

94 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019: Middle Belt Will Withdraw Support From North — Forum by sekxyqueen(f): 5:22am On Feb 01, 2018
una eyes don deh clear

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Middle Belt Will Withdraw Support From North — Forum by Nogodye(m): 5:33am On Feb 01, 2018
Let them tell us what they got to offer...

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Middle Belt Will Withdraw Support From North — Forum by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:54am On Feb 01, 2018
Good Morning Middle Belter's undecided

107 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Middle Belt Will Withdraw Support From North — Forum by simplyhonest(m): 5:54am On Feb 01, 2018
no group can control or determine who the voters will support

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Middle Belt Will Withdraw Support From North — Forum by ghettowriter(m): 6:23am On Feb 01, 2018
Nice One. Operation send bubu to daura on the takeoff.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Middle Belt Will Withdraw Support From North — Forum by Grundig: 6:28am On Feb 01, 2018
Blue3k:
I don't think this group has that much clout politically. Didn't they through weight behind Jonathan last time. Their message is sound populist one though defend yourselves.
North central voted against GEJ in 2015. They voted massively for PMB.

108 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Middle Belt Will Withdraw Support From North — Forum by Nobody: 6:33am On Feb 01, 2018
bugidon:
No o, buhari till 2030 grin. Una never see something
my brother, the level of olodo for that middle belt is worrisome.

84 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Middle Belt Will Withdraw Support From North — Forum by mexxmoney: 6:41am On Feb 01, 2018
The middle belters are a confused set of people. They are at the receiving end of a lot of injustice in northern Nigeria yet you see their desperation to show that they are more northern than the people from the core north. Just look at their children omenka and kyase here on nairaland and you will understand that the thing that is doing these people is strong.

143 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 2019: Middle Belt Will Withdraw Support From North — Forum by abouzaid: 6:47am On Feb 01, 2018
(in Ojukwu's voice)good morning and welcome to Nigeria.

87 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2019: Middle Belt Will Withdraw Support From North — Forum by abouzaid: 6:52am On Feb 01, 2018
mexxmoney:
The middle belters are a confused set of people. They are at the receiving end of a lot of injustice in northern Nigeria yet you see their desperation to show that they are more northern than the people from the core north. Just look at their children omenka and kyase here on nairaland and you will understand that the thing that is doing these people is strong.
I lived in the middle belt for six years and yet I could not understand their desperation to be identified as north,I couldn't believe they voted massively for Buhari at a time Fulani herdsmen were killing them non stop. northern Christians also have an intense hatred for igbos and slavish servitude to Fulani. I really wonder if those people have sense at all.

124 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 2019: Middle Belt Will Withdraw Support From North — Forum by Paperwhite(m): 7:29am On Feb 01, 2018
The earlier the better.There is nothing like monolithic north.All is a political charade.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: Middle Belt Will Withdraw Support From North — Forum by EternalTruths: 7:30am On Feb 01, 2018
abouzaid:
I lived in the middle belt for six years and yet I could not understand their desperation to be identified as north,I couldn't believe they voted massively for Buhari at a time Fulani herdsmen were killing them non stop. northern Christians also have an intense hatred for igbos and slavish servitude to Fulani. I really wonder if those people have sense at all.

That is why it is best to ignore them.

With more Fulani herdsmen terrorism, their brains will properly realign.

Until then, let them enjoy their One Nigeria.

Buhari till 2023.

Let me hear any of them who will shout " We fought to Nigeria One " and I will tell him or her to fight and stop Fulani herdsmen terrorists.

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Middle Belt Will Withdraw Support From North — Forum by bugidon(m): 7:41am On Feb 01, 2018
No be small o
giftq:

my brother, the level of olodo for that middle belt is worrisome.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Middle Belt Will Withdraw Support From North — Forum by Flyingngel(m): 7:42am On Feb 01, 2018
Easily said than done. Bunch of hypocrites.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Middle Belt Will Withdraw Support From North — Forum by hurumnanya: 7:50am On Feb 01, 2018
I don't know why every region hates Igbo's so much, but they are actually the best neighbours you can have. They don't fight you for your land, they just offer you more than you can refuse. They don't rape your women, they simply give them a nice treat. Until they understand that Igbo's are not their problems they will not have true freedom.

96 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 2019: Middle Belt Will Withdraw Support From North — Forum by EweduAfonja(f): 8:00am On Feb 01, 2018
Buhari till Jesus comes

Make I hear fim from those confused middle belters again

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Middle Belt Will Withdraw Support From North — Forum by jeeqaa7(m): 8:00am On Feb 01, 2018
K
Re: 2019: Middle Belt Will Withdraw Support From North — Forum by Bayajidda1: 8:00am On Feb 01, 2018
grin

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Middle Belt Will Withdraw Support From North — Forum by Omeokachie: 8:01am On Feb 01, 2018
That is a lie.

Just like the resident BMCs on NL, their memory is very short and you will hear them shout "sai baba" in no time.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: Middle Belt Will Withdraw Support From North — Forum by bjayx: 8:02am On Feb 01, 2018
The earlier the better for you guys

6 Likes

Re: 2019: Middle Belt Will Withdraw Support From North — Forum by OkpaAkuEriEri(m): 8:03am On Feb 01, 2018
Evry1 is realizn DT Nigeria is a sham

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Middle Belt Will Withdraw Support From North — Forum by whirlwind7(m): 8:04am On Feb 01, 2018
Best to leave the people chart their own course, and identify where they belong. Haven't seen a more confused group of people in Naija.
Understandably, some ethnic groups among them share some cultural traits with people down south, while some are oriented more with tribes from the north.
In Nigeria's chequered political history, there has never really been a good time to be of the "middle belt". If they really pull their weight, that region should be calling the shots in a lot of national affairs. But as it is, they are in a state of perpetual confusion.
Perhaps the Fulanis and their herdsmen will wake them up from this never ending slumber.

11 Likes

Re: 2019: Middle Belt Will Withdraw Support From North — Forum by DoTheNeedful: 8:04am On Feb 01, 2018
If they want to achieve anything tangible, they should remove Niger state from that list.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Middle Belt Will Withdraw Support From North — Forum by princemillla(m): 8:05am On Feb 01, 2018
Tot they av already? Wat are they waiting for? undecided
Re: 2019: Middle Belt Will Withdraw Support From North — Forum by biggy26: 8:05am On Feb 01, 2018
Good way to go. That region has been taken for granted for too long cos they haven't been able to stand their ground. Good they are speaking up now, cos they would have gone extinct.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Who Posted False Story About Governor Ortom On Facebook Arrested / Saraki Absent As Buhari Meets APC Senators / Leaky Roof Mars Buhari's Inauguration Service At National Christian Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.