Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,386 members, 7,850,387 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:12 PM

Senate Vs Magu: Court Judgement Has No Effect - Sagay, Keyamo React - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Vs Magu: Court Judgement Has No Effect - Sagay, Keyamo React (19479 Views)

Dino Melaye's Return To Senate Vs Fans' Backlash / Nigerian Senate Vs Ukraine:See What Ukrainians Did To Corrupt Politicans(pics) / DSS Vs Magu: Presidency Reacts Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Vs Magu: Court Judgement Has No Effect - Sagay, Keyamo React by deomelllo: 8:12pm On Feb 02, 2018
escodotman:
I'm not the one to show you, it is you who should dispute that you can't nominate more than twice. Show us the part of the constitution which says you can renominate multiple times.

So, it is my job to help you prove your own point?

These ipob jokers ef...
Re: Senate Vs Magu: Court Judgement Has No Effect - Sagay, Keyamo React by Okoroawusa: 8:12pm On Feb 02, 2018
escodotman:
Dogs like you should learn to keep other people's family out of Nairaland's discussions.
Dey curse me dey go
Re: Senate Vs Magu: Court Judgement Has No Effect - Sagay, Keyamo React by deomelllo: 8:51pm On Feb 02, 2018
escodotman:
I'm not the one to show you, it is you who should dispute that you can't nominate more than twice. Show us the part of the constitution which says you can renominate multiple times.

This is the problem with you ignorant Igbos. You made a claim that the president can not nominate more than twice and I asked you to show us the law or facts to back up that claim with, now you are answering my question with a dumb question just because you can not prove your ignorant nonsense with facts.

Even sef, you really need proof that says he can nominate more than once? Is it not a fact that the president can nominate and only the president can nominate? If he nominates the same patient multiple times and you feel like it's against the law, then show him the law he is violating.

Do you think it is by accident that the useless senate can show him that law that says he can not nominate more than once or even stop him?

Stop spewing rubbish you can not prove with facts.

The useless senate know more than you
Re: Senate Vs Magu: Court Judgement Has No Effect - Sagay, Keyamo React by Konkoja: 9:14pm On Feb 02, 2018
deomelllo:

This is the problem with you ignorant Igbos. You made a claim that the president can not nominate more than twice and I asked you to show us the law or facts to back up that claim with, now you are answering my question with a dumb question just because you can not prove your ignorant nonsense with facts.

Even sef, you really need proof that says he can nominate more than once? Is it not a fact that the president can nominate and only the president can nominate? If he nominates the same patient multiple times and you feel like it's against the law, then show him the law he is violating.

Do you think it is by accident that the useless senate can show him that law that says he can not nominate more than once or even stop him?

Your line of argument is interesting but devoid of basic common sense. What is the point of renomination after rejection? Has anything changed? Those who drafted the constitution and EFCC act surely didn't foresee a shameful situation where an institution of the state raised very serious concerns about a nominee's suitability for a role but the President, who should know better, thought otherwise by keeping him in acting capacity.
If someone does not qualify for a substantive post, how could he or she qualify to act or continue to act? Let the President continue to renominate since no law stops him from doing so and the senate continues to reject - motion without movement!
Re: Senate Vs Magu: Court Judgement Has No Effect - Sagay, Keyamo React by escodotman: 9:38pm On Feb 02, 2018
deomelllo:

I can see tribalism, ethic bigotry, arrogance and lack of respect towards other Nigerians from that trash you put up there. Firstly, I have no idea how you can tell whether someone you haven't met is ''Ipob'' or not. Secondly, I'd tell you that you are seriously not informed about what the law says, so I'll suggest you bring out your twisted constitution that says a president can nominate up to a hundred times or as many as possible times. Why did the FG run to the court if they know the president can continue to renominate and keep there for as long as possible without the Senate's approval? Arrant nonsense!
Re: Senate Vs Magu: Court Judgement Has No Effect - Sagay, Keyamo React by deomelllo: 9:43pm On Feb 02, 2018
Konkoja:
Your line of argument is interesting but devoid of basic common sense. What is the point of renomination after rejection? Has anything changed? Those who drafted the constitution and EFCC act surely didn't foresee a shameful situation where an institution of the state raised very serious concerns about a nominee's suitability for a role but the President, who should know better, thought otherwise by keeping him in acting capacity.
If someone does not qualify for a substantive post, how could he or she qualify to act or continue to act? Let the President continue to renominate since no law stops him from doing so and the senate continues to reject - motion without movement!

1. This is about the law and the constitution, not what makes sense to you or not, not your own personal opinion, emotions or sentiments which remains irrelevant.

2. If it is your conclusion that Magu is not qualified and you have factual reasons to justify it with, please share the facts and reasons the senate based their judgement on with us.

3. As a Nigerian, you should be more concerned about accused people on trial and under investigation sitting in the senate and getting to pic their own favorite prosecutors and the head of the same EFCC in charge of their prosecution. It is not done anywhere under the sun, not even in America where we borrowed democracy from. It's called conflict of interest.

4. The drafters of the EFCC act and the Nigerian constitution did not foresee a situation where the senate president down to his Vice and many many senators under investigation and on trial via the same EFCC getting to pick the head of the same EFCC prosecuting them.

5. There is a solution, the useless, crooked and corrupt senators can fix this problem, but they can not because they are incompetent, they don't know how to do their job.

They are lawmakers and the constitution blessed them with powers to pass bills, make laws and amend laws and the constitution.

Why is it so hard for them to amend the constitution and laws or pass new laws to prevent the president from renominating the same candidate?

6. They can not, simply because they can not usurp or trample on the powers of the president/the executive arm of government, they know this and this is the reason why they can not stop the president.

Respect your own laws and constitution. The president is within his rights as stated by the gentlemen in this article.
Re: Senate Vs Magu: Court Judgement Has No Effect - Sagay, Keyamo React by deomelllo: 9:57pm On Feb 02, 2018
[s]
escodotman:
I can see tribalism, ethic bigotry, arrogance and lack of respect towards other Nigerians from that trash you put up there. Firstly, I have no idea how you can tell whether someone you haven't met is ''Ipob'' or not. Secondly, I'd tell you that you are seriously not informed about what the law says, so I'll suggest you bring out your twisted constitution that says a president can nominate up to a hundred times or as many as possible times. Why did the FG run to the court if they know the president can continue to renominate and keep there for as long as possible without the Senate's approval? Arrant nonsense!
[/s]

I finished with you a long time ago. You argue like a 2 year old full of irrelevant sentiments, emotions and zero facts.
Re: Senate Vs Magu: Court Judgement Has No Effect - Sagay, Keyamo React by Konkoja: 10:30pm On Feb 02, 2018
deomelllo:

1. This is about the law and the constitution, not what makes sense to you or not, not your own personal opinion, emotions or sentiments which remains irrelevant.

2. If it is your conclusion that Magu is not qualified and you have factual reasons to justify it with, please share the facts and reasons the senate based their judgement on with us.

3. As a Nigerian, you should be more concerned about accused people on trial and under investigation sitting in the senate and getting to pic their own favorite prosecutors and the head of the same EFCC in charge of their prosecution. It is not done anywhere under the sun, not even in America where we borrowed democracy from. It's called conflict of interest.

4. The drafters of the EFCC act and the Nigerian constitution did not foresee a situation where the senate president down to his Vice and many many senators under investigation and on trial via the same EFCC getting to pick the head of the same EFCC prosecuting them.

5. There is a solution, the useless, crooked and corrupt senators can fix this problem, but they can not because they are incompetent, they don't know how to do their job.

They are lawmakers and the constitution blessed them with powers to pass bills, make laws and amend laws and the constitution.

Why is it so hard for them to amend the constitution and laws or pass new laws to prevent the president from renominating the same candidate?

6. They can not, simply because they can not usurp or trample on the powers of the president/the executive arm of government, they know this and this is the reason why they can not stop the president.

Respect your own laws and constitution. The president is within his rights as stated by the gentlemen in this article.

Firstly, laws are made for man not man for the law. In other words, if it makes sense to you for the President to continue to renominate and the senate to continue to reject, it does not to me.
Why do you think that it is only senate that can start a process to amend laws? An executive bill can also be sent to NA to remove Senate's powers to confirm nominations. Why hasn't the executive done this?
The same system that produced the rogues in the NA produced those in the executive arm - who to you are saints. Yes, I am concerned that it is only one man that is deemed capable of heading EFCC. Let me ask you, if Magu dies today, do we close down EFCC?
It's not my conclusion that Magu is not suitable for that role, DSS - an agency of government produced a report on his unsuitability.
I hope one day Nigeria will make actual progress instead of going in circles.
Re: Senate Vs Magu: Court Judgement Has No Effect - Sagay, Keyamo React by deomelllo: 10:39pm On Feb 02, 2018
Konkoja:
Firstly, laws are made for man not man for the law. In other words, if it makes sense to you for the President to continue to renominate and the senate to continue to reject, it does not to me.

It doesn't have to make sense to you and his is why I said earlier that this is not about your own personal opinion, sentiments of emotions.

If laws are made for man, then where is the law made for man/the president that says he can not renominate nominees? There is no such law against man/the president.

Why do you think that it is only senate that can start a process to amend laws? An executive bill can also be sent to NA to remove Senate's powers to confirm nominations. Why hasn't the executive done this?

I don't remember asserting that only the senate can make laws, but under the Nigerian constitution, they can amend the constitution, make make new laws.

The same system that produced the rogues in the NA produced those in the executive arm - who to you are saints. Yes, I am concerned that it is only one man that is deemed capable of heading EFCC. Let me ask you, if Magu dies today, do we close down EFCC?

Magu is not dead yet and he remains the president's choice and per Magu dying, then the president gets to appoint another acting chairman, not the senate because this remains the presidents forte.

It's not my conclusion that Magu is not suitable for that role, DSS - an agency of government produced a report on his unsuitability.
I hope one day Nigeria will make actual progress instead of going in circles.

Well, I posted a report in this thread with the senate president changing tune/saying they did not base their Magu rejection on DSS's report.

So, if they did not base their rejection on the DSS's report, then exactly what was the justification?

Fact is, they don't want this man simply because he's not corruptible and the can not get the kind of favorable court judgement from the EFCC. You know it and I know it to so lest's stop playing dumb.
Re: Senate Vs Magu: Court Judgement Has No Effect - Sagay, Keyamo React by escodotman: 10:50am On Feb 03, 2018
deomelllo:
[s][/s]

I finished with you a long time ago. You argue like a 2 year old full of irrelevant sentiments, emotions and zero facts.

Stop displaying ignorance if you have nothing to say. It's not a must that you type.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019: Atiku Storms PDP Headquarters, Demands Transparent Primaries / Boko Haram Attacks Adamawa Villages, Many Killed / Tin-can, Onne, Delta, Calabar Ports Collapsing, NPA Raises Alarm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.