Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,016 members, 7,838,555 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria (10155 Views)

FLASHBACK: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria, Says Babangida / Buhari Can’t Rule Without Ndigbo –ifeanyi Uba / Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by babsmii(m): 9:53am On Apr 20, 2010
freshera:

[size=14pt]HOW DO WE STOP THIS MAN?[/size]

all youths protest, WE DON'T WANT IBB!!!
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by Iysayah(m): 10:08am On Apr 20, 2010
@knowALL why do you blame d north for evry problem this country find itself in? Is obasanjo a northerner? He gifted yardua the presidency FOC! Is james ibori? What about peter odili, tinubu, bode george, andoakaa, gbenga daniels, igbinedion or do you need to be reminded that adedibu of cursd memory, sorry blessed memory was not a northerner. Quit dreaming! North or south, thieves are thieves.would you please stop blaming the north for Nigerias predicament. @ kosovo i think like minds flow on the same radar. So i can undastand why u're of such opinion.however, sincerely speakin, i think the nigerian youths are older than they seem( when you contend with poverty it could take a whole life time), yet have such shallow intellect that i wonder if we are not headed backwards instead of trudgin on. Ibb was right this what we all know.wait till 2011 and u will see how many thugs will prove him right.
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by BynoBaba: 10:25am On Apr 20, 2010
@Olibyno

Well said mate. Well said.
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by anonimi: 11:12am On Apr 20, 2010
see better person don respond for here:

AF Reports
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by anonimi: 11:20am On Apr 20, 2010
and see as d "maradona, evil genius" dey try dribble himself into more trouble:
=======
Former military president Ibrahim Babangida has said that Nigerians should not misconstrue his recent comments about younger generation and leadership of the Nigerian nation

“I have read the printed version of my BBC interview particularly on the celebrated captions concerning leadership and the younger generation which tend to portray my positive intentions in bad light.

“To all intents and purposes, my concept of generational leadership in national development is different form the way it is captured and reported by the media which portrays a different meaning.

“Perceptions and impressions operate in different context. I have always been an advocate of generational leadership change; again, the younger generation idea which I promoted through new breed politics of late nineties needs be responsive, and active players in the governance process,” he said.

Babangida in a statement issued yesterday on his behalf by his spokesman, Kassim Afegbua, declared ‘’I was merely throwing up a challenge to younger generation – to pick up a gauntlet and be more involved in the political process – to give fillip and rationale for introducing the concept in the first place.

‘’Given the manifest complexities in the country since 1995 till date,we as a nation, must build strong institutions to prepare the way for generation leadership empowerment. We need a strong, bold and experienced leadership to contend with these complexities and build the strong institutions required to make things happen.

“Countries all over the world and advanced democracies have had their own share from the younger generation. This will be my new role if  given the opportunity to serve,” he said.

Source:This Day
========
can someone just advise this old fool to shut up if he has nothing coherent to say. this is not the 80s or 90s, please.
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by Nobody: 11:43am On Apr 20, 2010
I think a protest(similar to anti-yardua) should help Nigeria scare away IBB. But I wonder why the U.S of all would support him to run for office after the mess he put us through.
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by abbeyboy(m): 12:54pm On Apr 20, 2010
AYODEJI4LOVE:

i dont know why i just feel bored reading something about this silly old man.pls tell him to sit down.what has age got to do wit ruling nigeria.we are talking about knowledge.pls ibb we dont want you.you are nigeria second osamabin ladin.go to hell and join abacha
I CONCUR TOTALLY!!!
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by freshera: 1:02pm On Apr 20, 2010
Ranks007:

I think a protest(similar to anti-yardua) should help Nigeria scare away IBB. But I wonder why the U.S of all would support him to run for office after the mess he put us through.

US and UK want Babangida so they can get their hands on Nigeria's oil and fuel their own economy. Theirs is super saturated and they need an an emerging economy like ours.Thats why Tony Blair and Bush came to Nigeria to support him through Thisday festival.

Personally, I think Africans (blacks) may be cursed. Cos we keep selling ourselves short. WE DO NOT LOVE EACH OTHER. Our kings sold us to the whites during the slave trade and our leaders are still selling us short.

Make no mistake, OBJ and IBB planned this since after June 12. OBJ was used to get peace and settle the Yorubas and they then deliberately put a dying president in place so that by the time he dies, election time will be close.

IBB wants to rule Nigeria forever, he only "stepped aside" because of June 12. We must fight him with all we have whether there are good alternatives or not. If we can fight first and he withdraws or loses then our opposing force will extend into other areas and help us move forward.

Even Satan is stoppable, IBB CAN be stopped whether there are good alternatives or not. Stop IBB first and then deal with the other problems.
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by stag: 1:05pm On Apr 20, 2010
Ranks007:

, But I wonder why the U.S of all would support him to run for office after the mess he put us through.
because the US does not genuinely care about any country except there are gains of personal interest. i'm sure they must be eyeing invasion of our oil no sooner than someone who can assist them rigs in. their friendship in not for free. the recent coppenhaggen summit shows what tyrant the US is, intimidating countries who did not suscribe to their propaganda like bolivia etc by refusing them grants and aids declaring openly that they were stripped of such benefits for opposing their agenda on world environment issues.
i am certain there is something of interest in nigeria that they must be after, perhaps hopes to win the war in iraq did not make them bothered about our elections of 2007. why the sudden interest in nigeria when he was in africa only recently but passed by to neighbouring ghana only to turn around and invite g.jonathan to US who did not have the liver to reject. why are they pulling us into secondary issues like nuclear bullshit, i bet they never heard the country nigeria has been wallowing in the struggle to provide her citizenry with basic amenities.

shame no catch jonathan say we no get basic , fundamental sstructure for a good life as a nation, but pursuing nuclear piece of shit whose technology is years away from us. nonsense  make i reserve my yarns till i stumble on a thread that needs such comment :-(
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by freshera: 1:11pm On Apr 20, 2010
The thing is God will not do for humans what they can do for themselves. Never.
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by lizton(m): 1:21pm On Apr 20, 2010
IBB must reap what he had sown in his past to individuals, Homes, and Nigeria at large. How would this be ?
He has just started jiving. He will still rave more.
He has to do all these since his end is soon,
''Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. ''
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by marvelck: 1:40pm On Apr 20, 2010
The below written poem is my answer to IBB's ambition to rule Nigeria again.

Happy reading,

ALONG COMES AN IBB…

Along comes an IBB,
Once the gap toothed,
Grand commander of the Nigerian polity.
Who held sway as the number one citizen,
Before being shaken and tactically pushed aside later,
To become a spectator,
To the drama and chaos,
That befell the Nation,
In the hands of a skirt loving goggled general,
A now carrying white beard smooth operator,
A farmer turned “Kampe” president,
And under the twin rulership of a vulnerable man
and his devious wife, popularly known for
her cockroach infested kitchen cabinet.
And out of the blues,
With his assailants no more in sight,
And on his tail,
He springs out,
Like a rabbit from his hole in Minna,
And with the sympathy of some.
Declaring his ambiguous ambition,
Under a “ashy” cloud and panic stricken world.
Sending shivers and quakes,
Across the nation and beyond.
He’s set to dazzle and mesmerize the polity once again,
With the support of his chameleon but loyal lieutenants,
And another set of IBB boys,
But now in civilian clothes,
And the head of senate.
Either to cool or heighten the already tensed field,
With his dramatic ingenuity.
Typical of a Maradona,
But now with the deft moves,
And artistry of a Lionel Messi,
Acquired over the years on the sideline.
All seems like a smooth sailing for the general,
Without a Beko, Gani or Fela,
To breathe down his neck,
And a Falana busy chasing shadows with EFCC.
Others could be swerved,
By creating another juicy parastatal or position,
To keep a volatile Soyinka in check,
Or making an Atiku head of the United Nation, I guess,
And putting a radical Buhari as chairman of NNPC,
Or another PTF.
While the nation is kept under siege again,
With many of the opposition “lock down”
Or sent on exile.
But this time,
To either neighbouring Ghana or Cotonou,
No thanks to the volcanic ash,
Which might not permit any “juicy” trip abroad,
For any runaway critic.
As the general strides along,
To that hilly, slippery, rocky domain.
Maybe in search of some hidden secrets,
Or treasure tucked under the bunker.
But not like the one shattered in dodan,
During that infamous
“Coup de grace”
Along comes an IBB,
To rewrite history,
Or to save the Nation?
When a Jonathan is in power,
With all the luck in the world,
And with the support both at home and abroad.
There’d definitely be enough drama,
In Aso Rock.
As the race for the “vacant” throne intensifies,
And with a turai lurking around,
Reluctant to let go.
Even at the risk of her man’s life,
All because of a “name” tag?
And some bags of aso rice…

Marvel Ck © April 2010
Email: marvelck@yahoo.com
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by deoyel25(m): 1:45pm On Apr 20, 2010
IBB and his family will rot in hell, At times, I wonder why wicked people like this live long.
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by sim1050: 1:49pm On Apr 20, 2010
www.greatbooks.350.com
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by lizton(m): 3:20pm On Apr 20, 2010
IBB must reap what he had sown in his past to individuals, Homes, and Nigeria at large.
How would this be ?
He has just started jiving. He will still rave more.
We have not heard the last from him.
He has to do all these, since his end and destruction is soon,
''Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. ''
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by BynoBaba: 4:00pm On Apr 20, 2010
IS THERE A FORUM, WHERE WE CAN EXPRESS OUR GRIEVANCES, SUCH THAT THE US AND UK GOVERNMENTS WILL HEAR ABOUT OR GET A WIND OF, SO THAT THEY KNOW THAT WE DO NOT WANT THAT DEMON BACK, AND THAT WE KNOW THEY ARE JUST AFTER THEIR OWN SELFISH INTERESTS.

SOMEONE PLEASE POST AN ADDRESS OR SITE FOR US, PLEASE!
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by Rmc1(m): 4:07pm On Apr 20, 2010
GOODLUCK PLEASE SAVE NIGERIA FROM THIS MISERY CALLED IBB

Unleash ribadu/EFCC, on IBB let IBB explain what happened to the $12billion dollar oil wind fall money, and his numerous foreign bank accounts in switzerland and london.
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by BynoBaba: 4:17pm On Apr 20, 2010
It is obvious that Nigerians have forgotten so soon the evils of that demon called Babangida. Please refresh your memories and send this out so that those that have forgotten may remember.

The Babangida years
By Tolu Ogunlesi
April 17, 2010 10:36PM

In his first New Year Day’s speech as military president, months after deposing the Buhari-Idiagbon government in a bloodless coup enthusiastically welcomed by Nigerians, Ibrahim Babangida declared: “I wish to reaffirm that this administration does not intend to stay in power a day longer than is required to lay the necessary institutional framework to bring about a better and more stable Nigeria.” Babangida’s bonhomie (its trademark an endearing gap-toothed smile) - in stark contrast to the stern, unsmiling façade of Muhammadu Buhari, his predecessor - made it easy for him to be believed.
The distinction between the two regimes in fact ran much deeper than personality quirks. Babangida, in action, proved to be the complete antithesis of his predecessor. He threw open prison doors, setting free hundreds of 3rd republic politicians convicted and jailed by Buhari. He repealed the obnoxious Decree No. 4 of 1984 with which the Buhari regime had shackled the media. He promised to run “an open administration that is responsive to the yearnings and aspirations of all the people” - a departure from the high-handedness of the Buhari/Idiagbon era.
One of his first actions as military president was to allow Nigerians to decide, through public debates, whether to accept the $2.5 billion International Monetary Fund (IMF) loan the Buhari government had been negotiating for.
After the terror of the Buhari years, Nigerians appeared to have found a statesman in military uniform.

Tough times that lasted
By 1985, Nigeria’s foreign debt had ballooned to $18 billion, up from $3.4 billion in 1980 (it would rise beyond $30 billion by the end of the 80s), and external reserves had dwindled to less than $2 billion. Oil prices had been in freefall for 3 years running, and in January 1986 they finally fell to less than $20 per barrel, a record low since the start of the decade.
To his credit Babangida made all the right noises about revamping the economy. In his Independence Day 1985 speech, barely two months old in office, he declared “a state of economic emergency for the next 15 months.” That speech went on to lay down a comprehensive plan for “economic reconstruction”.
This plan included a moratorium on new foreign debt, promotion of agriculture and industrial development, restriction of importation to “essential commodities”, financial sector reform and privatisation.

Populist leanings
IBB was a master of the populist move - ambitious government programs targeted at tackling poverty, and empowering rural dwellers. His government churned out program after program, in a bid to actualize his promises to run an inclusive, people-facing government. In 1986, Babangida launched the Mass Mobilization for Self Reliance, Social Justice, and Economic Recovery (MAMSER).
In 1987, the Directorate of Food and Rural Infrastructure (DFFRI) was launched to promote agriculture and transform Nigeria’s rural landscape by providing modern infrastructure. Other Babangida creations include the National Directorate of Employment (NDE), National Economic Reconstruction Fund (NERFUND), Peoples Bank of Nigeria (PBN), National Board for Community Banks (NBCB), Nigerian Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC), Nigeria Export-Import Bank (NEXIM), National Planning Commission (NPC), and the Urban Development Bank.
No other Nigerian government presided over such substantial expansion of government bureaucracy as the Babangida administration. In time, the fiscal prudence that Babangida espoused vanished: billions of naira were sunk into an endless transition programme, and in the early ‘90s, 12 billion dollars worth of windfall crude oil revenue (courtesy of the rise in the oil prices due to the Gulf War) could not be accounted for.
Mr. Babangida also came to perfect the art of dispensing patronage through political appointments (mostly targeted at leading members of the opposition) and a far-from-transparent allocation of lucrative oil blocks.

“A man whose words mean nothing”
Mr. Babangida’s contradictions eventually overwhelmed his reputation so that when, in May 1993, the activist and lawyer Gani Fawehinmi described him as “a man whose words mean nothing to him”, evidence of this littered his eight years in power.
Only months after vowing to run a “government by consultation with the people”, Mr. Babangida in 1986 surreptitiously - and unilaterally - took Nigeria, an avowed secular state, into full membership of the Organisation of Islamic Conference (OIC), a body which describes itself as “the collective voice of the Muslim world.”
Mr. Babangida lamented the “large role played by the public sector in economic activity with hardly any concrete results to justify such a role.”Ironically, over the course of the next five years, he would go ahead to supervise an unprecedented expansion of government. And despite his deference to the wish of Nigerians to reject the IMF loan, Mr. Babangida went ahead to implement some of the Fund’s most drastic requirements - a devaluation of the naira, and removal of subsidies, chief of which were the petroleum subsidies.
Mr. Babangida promised Nigerians that the “belt-tightening” was sorely needed: the painful injection that would usher in vibrant economic health; the mandatory dark lining before a cloud of prosperity. Those reforms, which he christened “Structural Adjustment Programme (SAP)”, came into effect in 1986, with a far-from-pleasant impact on Nigerians. Purchasing powers dwindled, inflation rose, and the obliteration of the middle class began. In 1989, SAP riots rocked the country, as Nigerians had finally had enough of economic reforms which silver lining they waited in vain for.

Greatest failings
Mr. Babangida’s greatest failings were however in two key areas: his human rights record, and his political transition programme. In December 1985, a group of soldiers, which included his close friend, Mamman Vatsa, were arrested on allegations of plotting to topple the 4-month old Babangida government. After Vatsa was convicted and sentenced to death, Mr. Babangida assured a delegation of distinguished writers (Wole Soyinka, Chinua Achebe and J.P. Clark), which had come pleading for mercy, that he was “determined to do everything in my power to save (Vatsa).”
Hours later, Vatsa and the other alleged plotters were executed.
As opposition to Mr. Babangida’s rule grew, so did his intolerance for dissent, so that he routinely shut down or proscribed media houses; and harassed journalists, civil society and labour groups using the instruments of state (the State Security Service, Directorate of Military Intelligence and the Police).
In 1986, five students of the Ahmadu Bello University were murdered when mobile policemen invaded the campus to quell anti-IMF protests. He also promulgated a series of draconian decrees targeted at quelling all opposition, and on occasion did not hesitate to deport foreign critics (University lecturer Patrick Wilmot and journalist William Keeling).
In October 1986, frontline journalist Dele Giwa was murdered by a letter bomb in Lagos. Preliminary police investigations stated that senior officers of Mr. Babangida’s intelligence services, who had hounded Giwa in his final days, had questions to answer regarding Giwa’s death. The mystery of the Giwa assassination remains unsolved till date.

An interminable journey
A maddeningly convoluted transition programme, whose terminal date soon became a mirage - first 1990, then 1992, and then 1993 - is one of the most significant things Babangida will be remembered for.
Early on in his administration, Mr. Babangida inaugurated a “Political Bureau” to “kick off, as it were, the national debate on a viable future political ethos and structure for our dear country.”
The political bureau was soon followed by a Constituent Assembly, which in 1989 fashioned a new constitution for the country.
Also, in 1989, he created, by presidential fiat, two political parties, the Social Democratic Party and the National Republican Convention. Then in 1991, he released a controversial list of prominent politicians whom he said were banned from participating in the transition programme.
In October 1992, he cancelled the results of the parties’ presidential primaries, causing new primaries to be held in March 1993. And then in June 1993 he annulled the results of the presidential elections, presumed to have been won by billionaire businessman MKO Abiola.

This was the final straw.
By this time, Nigerians had finally had enough of his shenanigans, and violent protests forced him to “step aside” on August 27, 1993,“My colleagues and I are determined to change the course of history,” Mr. Babangida told Nigerians in his maiden speech as Head of State, on August 27, 1985.
By the time he reluctantly relinquished power exactly eight years later, he had achieved that goal, far more successfully than he, or anyone else, could ever have imagined.

WE CAN NEVER FORGET WHAT BABANGIDA DID TO DESTROY NIGERIA - NEVER!!
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by oluwabamis(m): 4:36pm On Apr 20, 2010
The blood of millions of innocent nigerians whom IBB changed their destiny for the worst shall hunt him from now on till he will meet his untimely death, most likely befor 2011 elections. There is just no way IBB will not pay (with interest) back what he had done to us.
Its unfortunate that U.S. used him previously to rubbish our economy, to their own gain, and are still planning to bring him on us. God punish america and all behind IBB agenda. May all of them rot in HELL
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by harakiri(m): 4:47pm On Apr 20, 2010
What an insult!

How old was IBB when he ruled this country? How old was Obasanjo when he was shooting at all things dead and alive during the biafran war? How old was Ojukwu when he took it upon himself to liberate his people? How old was Antony Enahoro when he and the likes of Zik were fighting for independence? All these people who claim to be the "all knowing elders" of Nigeria were in their twenties and thirties when they took up leadership.

Let them stop insulting us.It's their nonchalant attitude and mis-management that has brought this nation to a stand still.The only reason why these people are hanging unto power is to cover the skeletons of the past and secure their loot. . .Period!

@Kosovo

As much as i respect your articulate/well scripted posts in the politics section, your unholy support for IBB is beyond outrageous. We all know that corruption is everywhere and has been in this nation before independence but IBB took it to another level.Like my father used to say :

"Before IBB, leaders used to steal to fill up their cupboards.When IBB came, he stole to fill warehouses".

IBB laid the foundation for the absurb looting you see everywhere today!

End of!
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by jaybee(f): 5:03pm On Apr 20, 2010
[quote Honestly, it is our wish that God will bring the younger people that will take over from us if they are available. I was the one who introduced the politics of new breed in this country.
Because we have seen signs that they are not capable of leading this country and so we feel we should help them.  May be they are not given the proper education that is why.  I have spent 17 years since I left office.  
Haba! The younger generation is supposed to be in charge by now.[quote][/quote]

What can be more honest than these?

Truth, they say, is always bitter. but it always stands. IBB have said the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

I'm afraid most responses to this IBB interview (and other posts in this forum) confirms his theory of youth incincompetenceost responses lack objectivity and direction. mere sentiments; from tribal, ethnic, regional, sectional, religious, just name it, real and imaginary. we are carried away daily by rumours. feed on rumours, sleep in rumours wake in romrumours_
take a look at the young polpoliticians have today. the governors, state and national legislators, local government chairmen, councillors, comcommissionersinsters etc. hardly do you find men/women of independent minds amongst them. they are hypocritical puppets of the old crooks (so called godfathers) doing the bids of the old generation thethievesolitical jobbers, deceiving and being decdeceivedhe former (and present) governors records are there for every one to see that they are not ready for any serious leadership roles in this coucountrynd

Take a look at people like Utomi, Chris Okotie, Odili, Donald Duke, Bafarawa , etc. they all floflopped the polls because of lack of experience. power is not given like that; you collect it when you can. unfunfortunatelyhe youth of today can not. hence IBB MUST HELP THEM do what they ought to do.

The youth of today can not form a party, run it and win a councillorship seat in a local government because they have no ideology, experience, clout, strategy, guts, perseverance and ability in a measure to win elections in nigNigeria|_
above all since the youth can not convince the voters that they are different fomfrome old crooks, they must employ the old crooks tactics of buying (or bribing ?)  the voters with money; their greatest undoing because they certainly can not beat the crooks at their own game!

but who are the youths, by the way. sons, daughters, nephews, cousins, freiFriendsnefactors, relatives  etc. of the crooks, who would not want even broom to touch them (the crooks). how then can you wrest power from this goup?group|_just come to think of it, if we have quality materials in Nigerian politics, who is IBB to lend a political voice in Nigeria today?

i rest my case.
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by BynoBaba: 5:10pm On Apr 20, 2010
WHO IS THIS CLOWN AND JOKER CALLED JAYBEE THAT MANAGED A FEW COMPLETE SENTENCES ON THIS FORUM?

THE FORUM FOR CIRCUS ENTHUSIASTS AND CAREER CLOWNS HAPPENS TO BE ANOTHER SITE - NOT NAIRALAND!!

KINDLY GO HERE PLEASE http://www.ringling.com/

YOU OBVIOUSLY POSTED IN ERROR.
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by jaybee(f): 5:16pm On Apr 20, 2010
Sorry for the last post it is not quite good. this is an edited version. hope it is still  useful.

[quote ]
Honestly, it is our wish that God will bring the younger people that will take over from us if they are available. I was the one who introduced the politics of new breed in this country.
Because we have seen signs that they are not capable of leading this country and so we feel we should help them.  May be they are not given the proper education that is why.  I have spent 17 years since I left office.  
Haba! The younger generation is supposed to be in charge by now.

Truth, they say, is always bitter. but it always stands. IBB have said the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

I'm afraid most responses to this IBB interview (and other posts in this forum) confirms his theory of youth incincompetenceost responses lack objectivity and direction. mere sentiments; from tribal, ethnic, regional, sectional, religious, just name it, real and imaginary. we are carried away daily by rumours. feed on rumours, sleep in rumours wake in romrumours_
take a look at the young polpoliticians have today. the governors, state and national legislators, local government chairmen, councillors, comcommissionersinsters etc. hardly do you find men/women of independent minds amongst them. they are hypocritical puppets of the old crooks (so called godfathers) doing the bids of the old generation thethievesolitical jobbers, deceiving and being decdeceivedhe former (and present) governors records are there for every one to see that they are not ready for any serious leadership roles in this coucountrynd

Take a look at people like Utomi, Chris Okotie, Odili, Donald Duke, Bafarawa , etc. they all floflopped the polls because of lack of experience. power is not given like that; you collect it when you can. unfunfortunatelyhe youth of today can not. hence IBB MUST HELP THEM do what they ought to do.

The youth of today can not form a party, run it and win a councillorship seat in a local government because they have no ideology, experience, clout, strategy, guts, perseverance and ability in a measure to win elections in nigNigeria|_
above all since the youth can not convince the voters that they are different fomfrome old crooks, they must employ the old crooks tactics of buying (or bribing ?)  the voters with money; their greatest undoing because they certainly can not beat the crooks at their own game!

but who are the youths, by the way. sons, daughters, nephews, cousins, freiFriendsnefactors, relatives  etc. of the crooks, who would not want even broom to touch them (the crooks). how then can you wrest power from this goup?group|_just come to think of it, if we have quality materials in Nigerian politics, who is IBB to lend a political voice in Nigeria today?

i rest my case.

I'm afraid most responses to this IBB interview (and other posts in this forum) confirms his theory of youth incompetence. most responses lack objectivity and direction. mere sentiments; from tribal, ethnic, regional, sectional, religious, just name it, real and imaginary. we are carried away daily by rumours. feed on rumours, sleep in rumours wake in rumours

take a look at the young politicians we have today. the governors, state and national legislators, local government chairmen, councillors, comcommissioners ministers etc. hardly do you find men/women of independent minds amongst them. they are hypocritical puppets of the old crooks (so called godfathers) doing the bids of the old generation thethieves, political jobbers, deceiving and being decdeceived. the former (and present) governors records are there for every one to see that they are not ready for any serious leadership roles in this country.

Take a look at people like Utomi, Chris Okotie, Odili, Donald Duke, Bafarawa , etc. they all flopped the polls because of lack of experience. power is not given like that; you collect it when you can. unfortunately the youth of today can not. hence IBB MUST HELP THEM do what they ought to do.

The youth of today can not form a party, run it and win a councillorship seat in a local government because they have no ideology, experience, clout, strategy, guts, perseverance and ability in a measure to win elections in Nigeria

above all since the youth can not convince the voters that they are different from the old crooks, they must employ the old crooks tactics of buying (or bribing ?)  the voters with money; their greatest undoing because they certainly can not beat the crooks at their own game!

but who are the youths, by the way. sons, daughters, nephews, cousins, friends benefactors, relatives  etc. of the crooks, who would not want even broom to touch them (the crooks). how then can you wrest power from this goup? just come to think of it, if we have quality materials in Nigerian politics, who is IBB to lend a political voice in Nigeria today?

i rest my case.
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by iJAY1: 5:44pm On Apr 20, 2010
guess d dude is a bug "a s s pit"
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by idifu(m): 6:19pm On Apr 20, 2010
JayBee is gay dats why he is riding on IBB's d.i.c.k.
Jay bee how old was Enahoro when he moved d first motion for independence ? you dumb ass
how old was Awolowo when he introduced free education in the s-western part of the country?
How old was Awolowo when he created the first TV station?
Gay Jaybee age is nothing but number it has got nothing to do with knowledge dumb ass get d hell out of dis forum you dont belong here cuz there are no dick riders here(Gay)

The Utomi's,Dukes,Iboris,Bafarawas you mentioned are crooks like Babangida,obasanjo e.t.c too i neva liked Utomi and the rest i have always known dat Utomi was one those crooks dont be deceived by his look ooo
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by HYBRIDX(m): 6:48pm On Apr 20, 2010
I WILL VOTE FOR IBB. . . . . . . . . THE NORTHERNERS ARE DEFINITELY COMING BACK ,ALL THIS UNA ARGUEMENTS WONT CHANGE NUFFING , ONLY A REVOLUTION CAN TURN THINGS AROUND IN THIS COUNTRY ,BUT TRUST ME NONE OF YOU WHO HAVE POSTED your HATRED FOR IBB HAVE THE GUTS TO STEP OUT TO THE STREETS . . . . .ONLY THE THUGS WILL COME OUT TO FIGHT . . .AS IN FIGHT FOR THE HIGHEST BIDDER, . . . .

YOU ALL BEST KEEP QUIET AND WATCH IBB COME BACK TO RULE . . .IF HE DOESN'T COME BACK AT LEAST A NORTHERNER WILL AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE ONE OF U CAN DO ABOUT IT BESIDES COWARDLY WHINING ON THREADS LIKE THIS .

I WILL VOTE IBB ,I WILL SUPPORT IBB . . . FOR YOUR INFORMATION ITS OBVIOUS HE HAS THE SUPPORT OF AMERICA .ENUF SAID

NONE OF YOU CAN STOP IBB
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by yeswecan(m): 6:51pm On Apr 20, 2010
I can't help but assert some facts in this interview. This guy left office 17 yrs ago, the younger generation is supposed to be in charge by now, but where are they?  All i am saying is that we seat waiting for things to change without actually provoking it . . If there are actually young men that could pilot the affairs of this nation, so far they have been everything but active, hence not until we see young and willing faces on the political scene, the old politicians will recycle over and over again.

America played wonderful politics in the emergence of IBB,  i saw it coming, they held several close door meetings with him when Yaradua was missing . . Just go through his response when he was asked if he was  pre-picked by Obama administration, this is open and clear.
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by harakiri(m): 6:58pm On Apr 20, 2010
Its because of people like you Nigeria might not see the light of day in my generation. How old was ibb when he was dictator. Its people like you that go to sing praises to the thieves in power and thats why the likes of ibb and oby have the guts to walk free and dictate the impending doom of what is left of this country inspite of all the damage they have caused.
jaybee:

Sorry for the last post it is not quite good. this is an edited version. hope it is still  useful.

I'm afraid most responses to this IBB interview (and other posts in this forum) confirms his theory of youth incompetence. most responses lack objectivity and direction. mere sentiments; from tribal, ethnic, regional, sectional, religious, just name it, real and imaginary. we are carried away daily by rumours. feed on rumours, sleep in rumours wake in rumours

take a look at the young politicians we have today. the governors, state and national legislators, local government chairmen, councillors, comcommissioners ministers etc. hardly do you find men/women of independent minds amongst them. they are hypocritical puppets of the old crooks (so called godfathers) doing the bids of the old generation thethieves, political jobbers, deceiving and being decdeceived. the former (and present) governors records are there for every one to see that they are not ready for any serious leadership roles in this country.

Take a look at people like Utomi, Chris Okotie, Odili, Donald Duke, Bafarawa , etc. they all flopped the polls because of lack of experience. power is not given like that; you collect it when you can. unfortunately the youth of today can not. hence IBB MUST HELP THEM do what they ought to do.

The youth of today can not form a party, run it and win a councillorship seat in a local government because they have no ideology, experience, clout, strategy, guts, perseverance and ability in a measure to win elections in Nigeria

above all since the youth can not convince the voters that they are different from the old crooks, they must employ the old crooks tactics of buying (or bribing ?)  the voters with money; their greatest undoing because they certainly can not beat the crooks at their own game!

but who are the youths, by the way. sons, daughters, nephews, cousins, friends benefactors, relatives  etc. of the crooks, who would not want even broom to touch them (the crooks). how then can you wrest power from this goup? just come to think of it, if we have quality materials in Nigerian politics, who is IBB to lend a political voice in Nigeria today?

i rest my case.
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by kayode2907: 8:15pm On Apr 20, 2010
this thief should not be allowed again.
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by idifu(m): 10:29pm On Apr 20, 2010
HYBRID-X for your information i was in the struggle in '93,it all happened in Ketu, we chased one of IBB's supporters who was a fake Imam at Kosofe(Area) out of his own house and burnt all of his cars including his house. He manipulated the Hausa's against us and it was non stop bloody war for two days, go to Ketu and confirm this story. u ignorant piece of Poo
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by benqutay: 10:51pm On Apr 20, 2010
IBB was banning, rebanning and banning again political parties then.He called Shehu Yar'adua and others to participate in election and after they have spent so much on campaigns,he banned them.Everybody voted for MKO Abiola as president and this enemy of progress unilaterally annulled the election and he believes that the weapon he used to to kill MKO before Nigerians ,he will use it to get votes from Nigerians again.Never.he should just forget it.Prosperity has come to judge him and his advisers.
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by farolee(m): 5:03am On Apr 21, 2010
please, read over and over again his interview with BBC, you will See that this guy is not as intelligent as we(NIGERIA) thought.
Nigerian , THE ONLY THING WE ARE SO SURE OF LEAVING BEHIND FOR FUTURE GENERATION IS JUST THIS COUNTRY CALL NIGERIA.The money,the properties and so on you leave behind mighty disappear but, Nigeria will always remain so what kind of Nigeria are we leaving behind?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Herdsmen Attack: Enugu students reject call for reprisal, laud Ugwuanyi / 2023: North East, Only Alternative To South East Presidency, Says Orji Kalu / FG Withdraws Contempt Charge Against NLC, TUC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.