Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,103 members, 7,838,788 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria (10157 Views)

FLASHBACK: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria, Says Babangida / Buhari Can’t Rule Without Ndigbo –ifeanyi Uba / Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by nehemaih: 5:37pm On Apr 19, 2010
some times, i wonder why Nigeria is so unfortunate. what will make a freak like IBB come on air disqualifying the young people ov this Nation to the whole globe, nawaoooo.
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by freshera: 5:47pm On Apr 19, 2010
[size=14pt]HOW DO WE STOP THIS MAN?[/size]
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by Dominoifet(m): 5:49pm On Apr 19, 2010
See the way he was spewing cow dung thru his gap tooth.

He need to see all of doctors as everytin is wrong with him
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by Dominoifet(m): 5:52pm On Apr 19, 2010
His cleverness has failed him
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by 1luvkipsus: 5:59pm On Apr 19, 2010
Regrets
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by Dominoifet(m): 6:02pm On Apr 19, 2010
freshera:HOW DO WE STOP THIS MAN?

It think we should have an anti-IBB website, then a radio broadcast like radio kudirat and so on. All medium of communication to gear pples memory- as we have short memory in Nigeria which is easily eroded cos of preocuppation arising from poverty, and the- if u can't beat them join them attitude.
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by Dominoifet(m): 6:08pm On Apr 19, 2010
If we allow this man hmm, he is the end of democracy and the American prophesy that ends Nigeria will quickly manifest
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by seedord247(m): 6:37pm On Apr 19, 2010
Who will stop him?, is me or you? We've all know that our vote does not count, so why are we here complaining.
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by cvibe: 6:53pm On Apr 19, 2010
The hand of God will!
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by Remii(m): 7:43pm On Apr 19, 2010
This statement had been in IBB and his cohorts' minds, even when IBB was in power, I could remember in 1988 during a student riot, Aikhomu, IBB's second in command, told Unilag students that they were not future Nigerian leaders.
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by Nobody: 7:55pm On Apr 19, 2010
Inshort this Nairaland no doubt is obviously a youth forum where the youth themselves exhibit their exhuberance with their utterances ranting out things they cannot do without measuraing against reality on ground. Poor them! Little wonder why everyone here seem not understand that our country is so courrupt that IBB will surely muscle his way to the presidency matching against all odds naira for naira, dollar for dollar in a country filled with hungry people like Nigeria. For as far as the unproductive North will not allow Goodluck Jonathan continue as president atleast till 2015, IBB is smarting up on this opportunity of Yar'Adua ailment to cruise to become Nigeria's next President. Like or not, take itor leave!
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by Feraz(m): 8:02pm On Apr 19, 2010
freshera:

[size=14pt]HOW DO WE STOP THIS MAN?[/size]
I think we should start by organizing a protest with placards which says our mind about IBB. We could start from our various institutions.
We could enlighten the public on the man called IBB and his atrocities towards Nigeria and Nigerians.
We could start an anti IBB campaign when he comes to any state to start his presidential campaign (it should be peaceful o!) At least, that should send him a message that the youths are not daft.
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by boyt1: 8:41pm On Apr 19, 2010
ABACHA need a companion to join him, and i am 100% sure  IBB  will soon join Sanni  Abacha in grave. This noise- making  IBB will not see 2011, there is every indications that his Ancestors are calling him.
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by member479760: 9:10pm On Apr 19, 2010
Raji Fashola is a youth and his making substantial progress in Lagos state development. I think IBB didn't get the meaning of youth in political point of view that shows his level of understanding and digesting the English language. NO WAY FOR YOU IBB.
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by Rastamann: 9:16pm On Apr 19, 2010
This man, IBB, is stupid to now think that the youths of Nigeria are not capable of ruling. Is Bankole not a youth and numerous others in the national assembly (even though they are not performing). IBB is very stupid to believe that no youth can rule this country. I can tell you guys that this is the beginning of his end. He will fail woefully.
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by akwaowoudo(m): 9:32pm On Apr 19, 2010
That's an irony; a complete fallacy. How is Babangida's head better than mine? Take this to him _ a thousand years of Methuselah has nothing to do with the wisdom of Solomon. It isn't how old but how well. Malady somewhere!
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by BigB11(m): 9:40pm On Apr 19, 2010
You guys totally misunderstood IBB. His intention was not to disrespect anyone, but to make it clear why it is important for him to contest the 2011 election.

Nigeria is a very difficult country that can not be handled by just anyone.
Fashola, a great leader, but can never effectively handle this nation.
Bankole is another cool young generation that will be smoked in less than 2 month as Nigerian president.

Disrespecting the new generation is not the objective. I'm pretty sure that IBB will return soon to address this subject.

We must allow experienced individual to lead us; Nigeria can not afford learn as you go leader at this point.
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by beewhyfocs(m): 9:51pm On Apr 19, 2010
Even if the younger generation are not ready, IBB is never an option.

I perceive his loot is dwindling and he wants to come back to milk more cash!
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by paddylo1(m): 10:16pm On Apr 19, 2010
It think we should have an anti-IBB website, then a radio broadcast like radio kudirat and so on. All medium of communication to gear pples memory- as we have short memory in Nigeria which is easily eroded cos of preocuppation arising from poverty, and the- if u can't beat them join them attitude.

Go Here. . http://www.againstbabangida.com/
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by SuperT(m): 10:43pm On Apr 19, 2010
Quote:beewhyfocs
Even if the younger generation are not ready, IBB is never an option.
I perceive his loot is dwindling and he wants to come back to milk more cash!

He does not have the fear of God, he annul free and fear election, he stopped the government of Buari/Idiagbon that are just
trying to put things in order on the sallar day without any reason. Yes, is never be an option. he does not have respet for
democratic government.
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by bigtudu(m): 1:28am On Apr 20, 2010
Be ready to campagin and vote against him starting by obtaining ur voters card assumimg jonathan will conduct a free and fair election.
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 5:53am On Apr 20, 2010
i dont know why i just feel bored reading something about this silly old man.pls tell him to sit down.what has age got to do wit ruling nigeria.we are talking about knowledge.pls ibb we dont want you.you are nigeria second osamabin ladin.go to hell and join abacha
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by majorman1: 7:09am On Apr 20, 2010
listen to the interview first hand on: http://www.bbc.co.uk/hausa/news/story/2010/04/100416_ibbgnhy.shtml

listen to the interview first hand on: http://www.bbc.co.uk/hausa/news/story/2010/04/100416_ibbgnhy.shtml
Those who stand for the truth know that ibb put us in the mess that we are in now. That ibb institutionalized corruption. That ibb annuled june 12, the freest and fairest election so far in nigeria. And we’ll always remember him for these.

just now, in order to verify that i was not simply following the crowd, I searched in bbc hausa website and listened to the podcast of the interview, FIRST HAND. It was a rude shock to discover that after all the noise that we have been making, ibb didnt even say anything, repeat anything, about the youths of nigeria. He talked only about "sabon jini" which directly translated means “new blood” but in this context means “NEW BREED POLITICIANS” whom, in his own words, have failed to deliver the goods since he left office and so he thinks that they lack the know-how to move Nigeria forward (whether they have this know-how or not is another issue which is entirely different from what we are accusing him of here, and i’ll advise that you ask him to defend this
"no know-how" stand on his own).

In fact, in this same interview that we have been misquoting, the very first time he said “sabon jini”, he quickly followed it (perhaps, for the fear of being misunderstood, or misquoted) with a English translation by saying “NEW BREED” ( at precisely 11 minutes 52.8 seconds of the podcast, and any non-Hausa speaker will pick this clear words through effortless listening). SO WHERE DID WE GET THE WORD “YOUTH” FROM?

The man was a corrupt president. he betrayed us when we needed him most. and we’ll continue to see him as one of the most mischievous leaders that nigeria ever had. But it was not true that he was referring to the youths of Nigeria when he said “sabon jini”. It was not true!

It’s definitely time for the man to, i'll say, STEP OUTSIDE, but personally, I do not think that we the younger generation should support smear politics.

we must stand for the truth. always!
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by tunde121oke: 7:39am On Apr 20, 2010
only the old fools can rule nigeria
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 20, 2010
Hi, Guys no hard feelings. I strongly belive IBB is far better than OBJ, wait, i have my reasons
One problem with nigerian guys is that we dont research very well. if you compare IBB's administration with Abacha/OBJ and even Yaradua you will definitely deduct that Ibb really performed well,
thats a fact you know.

I believe IBB can handle this nation for four years far better than any other person from the north west including Atiku who has no experience as well as no good records and yet so desperate to rule this nation.

In Conclusion, We need God's intervention because 101% of what we have now as politicians are all the same.
I know one day, a young focused vibrant pure civilian would emerge as the president of this nation.
I have a dream,
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 20, 2010
olibyno:

Hi, Guys no hard feelings. I strongly belive IBB is far better than OBJ, wait, i have my reasons
One problem with nigerian guys is that we dont research very well. if you compare IBB's administration with Abacha/OBJ and even Yaradua you will definitely deduct that Ibb really performed well,
thats a fact you know.

I believe IBB can handle this nation for four years far better than any other person from the north west including Atiku who has no experience as well as no good records and yet so desperate to rule this nation.

In Conclusion, We need God's intervention because 101% of what we have now as politicians are all the same.
I know one day, a young focused vibrant pure civilian would emerge as the president of this nation.
I have a dream,
ok keep dreaming.
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by BynoBaba: 8:36am On Apr 20, 2010
@Olibyno

No offence, but i think you left your house this morning and forgot your brain (or somebody in your family stands to gain something if that criminal IBB comes back!)

LET HIM EXPLAIN WHAT HAPPENED TO THE $12 BILLION GULF WAR OIL WINDFALL THAT THE COUNTRY MADE IN 1991!

HE CLAIMS THAT THE NAIRA WAS N22/$1 IN HIS TIME, AND THAT IT IS N155/$1 TODAY - BEFORE HE CAME IN THROUGH A COUP, THE NAIRA WAS N4/$1!

BABANGIDA IS THE BIGGEST NIGERIAN LOOTER OF ALL TIME!

WE SHOULD ALL FEEL INSULTED THAT THIS MAN IS EVEN TALKING ABOUT COMING BACK - AFTER LOOTING THIS COUNTRY DRY!!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by nex(m): 8:45am On Apr 20, 2010
Can't we really govern ourselves? Are we too young? Well, maybe we should revisit history a little.

Gowon become President of Nigeria in his 30s, Murtala became President in his 30s, Obasanjo became President in his 30s, Buhari became President in his 40s, even Ojukwu became President of his own faction of the country in his 30s. So what the hell is IBB saying. That what is good for his generation is not good for his children's own generation?

This just goes to show the dictatorial "I'm better than them" mentality he has dreamed of running this country with.

I don't even condone anybody over the retirement age of 60 going about looking for employment, especially in the Government House.

Please let him come out and contest so that we will defeat him. Let him come and spend his last dime to re-enrich the masses a bit.

Lessons have to be learnt so that the next retiree who wants to even think about being so flagrantly stupid will take some wise steps back.

If Obasanjo had not tried his third term agenda and had Nigerians defeat him, someone would have thought it a viable project in this country's future. But now it's dead. So please, let IBB bring on this his "Baba 70-cracy" and let's mess him up at the polls and humiliate himself, his family, and even the memory of his wife, Maryam, in the press. In the next generations to come, no Nigerian will ever attempt this rubbish.

I see some misguided fellows claiming that IBB should be given a chance. A chance or another chance? How can anyone possibly support IBB running this country. Putting your life in the hand of a fraud of national proportions, a serial murderer, a debtor of billion dollar proportions, and a champion of SAP. Yes. SAP which even today is being rejected even today, by Greece. How could you have planned to support the Presidency of such a well rounded, unrepentant criminal?

2011, there will be an electoral revolution. But anyone who tries to truncate the electoral revolution will become the victim of the violent revolution that will follow.

I wish everyone knew about "Operation Aure". We will do the same thing to IBB, the same thing he did to us shall we do to him in 2011, and we're starting now. We will not only destroy IBB and all of his, we are on a mission to DESTROY THE IBB MACHINERY!

Every media house, communication firm, advertising agency, every individual, every company that tries to impose IBB onto our consciousness will be blacklisted and boycotted, and every other individual or organization which tries to do business with those blacklisted will also be boycotted. By the time they realize that the money their balancesheet is not "blacking out" despite doing business with IBB, but instead, "redding up" the more, they'll return their loyalty to where it should rightfully be; with the people.

Some young people want to exempt themselves from the political process, though they complain everyday about people like IBB, but the real problem though is with people like you who help them achieve their goal by your inaction.

I'm not trying to fight here or anything, so if I seem a bit too harsh, I'll be sure to drop an apology at the end of this post.

First, you don't know what politics is. I know so many young Nigerians have been fed with the motto of "politics is a dirty game", but I can promise you that this is being churned out of the the IBB/Buhari/Ojukwu and all other antic politician's propaganda machine to stunt the minds of our generation from wanting to go into this so called dirty game.

Forget about what they taught you in school, but the greek word "politikos" which stemmed from the word POLY which simply means many. So where many are gathered together to operate as a single polity, there has to be an art or a science guiding the governance or direction of such a group. That is what politics is. The evildoers go into it to dirty it up for their personal gain, and the gooddoers go into it to clean it up for the general good of the entirety polity. Now, unless one wants to exile themselves from the whole of mankind and go live under a rock somewhere in the arctic, they should really care about politics because it's about you, and it's about us all.

Maybe he misses Maryam and he's a bit shy to opt for suicide. We'll help him out.

Now, I know some people are wondering, "this not the same fellow who was oil to the IBB 2003 campaign?". I say to you, that is what the Japanese refer to as "Shinobido". The way of infiltration, counter-intelligence, and sabotage. We will be there again, and we will burn down the house that IBB built. Hopefully, this time, it'll be that Hilltop Mansion, and we will even burn down the hill itself so that no evil lair will ever be built on it again.

Yeah, like I said earlier, for those that didn't like my words, sorry.
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by KIDIKENYI: 8:55am On Apr 20, 2010
This man is a destroyer at the highest level, he sown the seed of corruption in the Nigerian system, the seeds have now germinated well and riped enough to plug and he is abusing the youth and the younger of not having the experience the crumble the economy like the older hands who know how to steal very well. If Obama started from House of Assemblt-Representative-Senate, then the question is how did he started? just from Barrack to Presidency. He devalued our Naira, stole all our monies, kill all our dynamic soldiers and still want to come back and kill every body. Your scheme will not work Mr. man
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by HYBRIDX(m): 9:28am On Apr 20, 2010
I WILL VOTE FOR IBB. . . . . . . . . THE NORTHERNERS ARE DEFINITELY COMING BACK ,ALL THIS UNA ARGUEMENTS WONT CHANGE NUFFING , ONLY A REVOLUTION CAN TURN THINGS AROUND IN THIS COUNTRY ,BUT TRUST ME NONE OF YOU WHO HAVE POSTED UR HATRED FOR IBB HAVE THE GUTS TO STEP OUT TO THE STREETS . . . . .ONLY THE THUGS WILL COME OUT TO FIGHT . . .AS IN FIGHT FOR THE HIGHEST BIDDER, . . . .

YOU ALL BEST KEEP QUIET AND WATCH IBB COME BACK TO RULE . . .IF HE DOESN'T COME BACK AT LEAST A NORTHERNER WILL AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE ONE OF U CAN DO ABOUT IT BESIDES COWARDLY WHINING ON THREADS LIKE THIS .

I WILL VOTE IBB ,I WILL SUPPORT IBB . . . FOR YOU INFORMATION ITS OBVIOUS HE HAS THE SUPPORT OF AMERICA .ENUF SAID
Re: Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 20, 2010
Byno Baba:

@Olibyno

No offence, but i think you left your house this morning and forgot your brain (or somebody in your family stands to gain something if that criminal IBB comes back!)

LET HIM EXPLAIN WHAT HAPPENED TO THE $12 BILLION GULF WAR OIL WINDFALL THAT THE COUNTRY MADE IN 1991!

HE CLAIMS THAT THE NAIRA WAS N22/$1 IN HIS TIME, AND THAT IT IS N155/$1 TODAY - BEFORE HE CAME IN THROUGH A COUP, THE NAIRA WAS N4/$1!

BABANGIDA IS THE BIGGEST NIGERIAN LOOTER OF ALL TIME!

WE SHOULD ALL FEEL INSULTED THAT THIS MAN IS EVEN TALKING ABOUT COMING BACK - AFTER LOOTING THIS COUNTRY DRY!!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

Although this was his answer to that $12billion question

During your time, there was this $12 billion made from the sales of oil. What happened to the money?
The $12 billion was the money realised from the sale of oil for 8 years. Let me repeat,  it was money made from the sales of oil in 8 years. It was money that we saved in the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) within those 8 years. There was an additional $1.2 billion,  So all they are saying about this money are lies. If you read the Okigbo report, you will see that the money was made in 8 years.

Mr. poster don't be deceived that nobody or government would not loot money during his or her tenure, i mean nobody including you, you can't be too sure of yourself.

The question still remains, what different did you make? whats was the positive impact you made to the masses this is the most important question, what was your record?
See make i tell you my Oga, so leaders looted out billions, did all manner of things and yet no to show about them and they further increased everything fuel e.t.c
How about the Ptdf money where Obasanjo and Atiku had issue, so my dear friend, if you are waiting for saint that would not loot out money in this present generation then you are absoultely wrong.
That is why wee need God's intervention because 101% of what we have now as politicians are all the same.
I have a dream,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Group Petitions Jonathan Over “Hausanisation & Islamisation” Of Nigeria Police / Buhari Finally Bows To Niger Delta Avengers / Akwa Ibom: Hoodlums Storm INEC Office, Disappear With 2,045 Pvcs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.