Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Why Not Blame God For This? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Not Blame God For This? (1598 Views)

Yet They Blame God / "Dragging God" Trends As Nigerians Take To Twitter To Blame God / We Humans Are Making The World A Sick Place, Yet We Blame God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Not Blame God For This? by Afoochekk1914(m): 7:23am On Feb 04, 2018
I ain't an atheist but just want somebody to enlighten me.
"We thank God for the good things that happened to us, why not blame him for the bad things that happened to us?" manmen
Re: Why Not Blame God For This? by DivinelyBlessed: 7:38am On Feb 04, 2018
We just have to thank and praise him in all situations. Good or bad. God knows everything.

1 Like

Re: Why Not Blame God For This? by finofaya: 7:58am On Feb 04, 2018
I think if you truly appreciate God's personality and the extent of his power you will be inclined not to badmouth him.
Re: Why Not Blame God For This? by hopefulLandlord: 8:09am On Feb 04, 2018
finofaya:
I think if you truly appreciate God's personality and the extent of his power you will be inclined not to badmouth him.

If I praise myself when good things happen and blame myself when bad things happen, am I "badmouthing" myself? sounds more like me being consistent

2 Likes

Re: Why Not Blame God For This? by PSTEMMA1960(m): 8:14am On Feb 04, 2018
Afoochekk1914:
"We thank God for the good things that happened to us, why not blame him for the bad things that happened to us?"
when u are in good terms with God, u don't only thank him when good things happens only, u also thank him when bad things happens.. when u say bad things i mean something that is beyond human prevention, i.e miscarriage, accident or sudden death..

when Job was been tempted, he never knew that if was a text, bt he never blamed anyone, instead he thanked God..

and what happened later?God gave her more beautiful children, more that the ones he lost, even times 2 of all the animals he lost..

2 Likes

Re: Why Not Blame God For This? by Afoochekk1914(m): 8:14am On Feb 04, 2018
finofaya:
Can u enlighten me more?
Re: Why Not Blame God For This? by Afoochekk1914(m): 8:17am On Feb 04, 2018
PSTEMMA1960:
when u are in good terms with God, u don't only thank him when good things happens only, u also thank him when bad things happens.. when u say bad things i mean something that is beyond human prevention, i.e miscarriage, accident or sudden death..

when Job was been tempted, he never knew that if was a text, bt he never blamed anyone, instead he thanked God..

and what happened later?God gave her more beautiful children, more that the ones he lost, even times 2 of all the animals he lost..
The only thing I have noticed is that, people blame the devil for all the bad things that happened to them
Re: Why Not Blame God For This? by hopefulLandlord: 8:22am On Feb 04, 2018
PSTEMMA1960:

when Job was been tempted, he never knew that if was a text, bt he never blamed anyone, instead he thanked God.
Maybe I remember it wrong, but I think it's Yahweh himself who wrecks Job's life, to prove how Job is 100% faithful to him.
Satan just eggs him on saying: "Oh sure, you took his wealth, but he still has his family. I bet he wouldn't believe in you if he didn't have that."
And Yahweh just answers: "Oh yeah? Just you watch."
Satan: "Hey, he no longer has a family, but he still has his good health."
Yahweh: "Not any more!"

OK, well that's great and all, but things didn't work out too well for all of Job's original sons and daughters who got killed!

Also, this always bugged me too: wouldn't Job still be sad about the loss of his first children? Losing children is not exactly like losing a car. You can't just get a new one and everything's good. I mean, if I had a son or daughter who got killed, and then Yahweh said, "Hey, it's okay, here's a new one - all fixed!" it wouldn't make my loss of the first one any less, no matter how much I loved the new one.

all in all, I think using Job as example to buttress your point is a terrible terrible idea cuz his afflictions were coming from Yahweh himself

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Not Blame God For This? by whitebeard(m): 8:29am On Feb 04, 2018
Arnt challenges there to make u stronger....!? This op self, u need to explore the world with u phone cause u obviously dont.
Re: Why Not Blame God For This? by CAPSLOCKED: 8:45am On Feb 04, 2018
PSTEMMA1960:

NO, YOU THANK GOD FOR ONLY THE GOOD THINGS, BUT BLAME YOUR VILLAGE PEOPLE FOR THE BAD THINGS.
WE KNOW YOU.

PSTEMMA1960:

and what happened later?God gave her more beautiful children, more that the ones he lost, even times 2 of all the animals he lost.

HOW CAN ANY RIGHT THINKING PERSON BELIEVE, ACCEPT, AND CONTINUALLY TRANSMIT THIS FABLE?
Re: Why Not Blame God For This? by festwiz(m): 8:48am On Feb 04, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

I wonder if yahweh would have punished job if he had lost faith. The story of Job is a very troubling one. The christian god was gambling with the life of one man by allowing his gambling buddy, satan, kill innocent kids to prove a point, afflict him with a disease and make Job downright miserable. Whilst yahweh stood there, sipping divine vodka with his buddy. I still don't get it.
Re: Why Not Blame God For This? by finofaya: 8:54am On Feb 04, 2018
Afoochekk1914:

Can u enlighten me more?

What I'm trying to say is that God has the power to do and undo and he applies it as he sees fit. Whatever God does is good. He is a merciful, just God and we are expected to have faith in him and trust that whatever he does in our lives is done for our overall benefit, individually and collectively.

Blaming him for the occurrence of what you consider to be a misfortune can be interpreted to mean that you are equating yourself with God which is why you are calling his wisdom into question. Your heart may no longer trust that you have received the best outcome for you as ordained by God.

When you feel this way you have to remember that God will sometimes correct his children for being wayward. Just as we sometimes allow our children learn by not protecting them from the consequences of their actions, God may truly leave a bitter person to the elements so that they can see for themselves which is better.
Re: Why Not Blame God For This? by finofaya: 8:55am On Feb 04, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

If I praise myself when good things happen and blame myself when bad things happen, am I "badmouthing" myself? sounds more like me being consistent

You are not God.

1 Like

Re: Why Not Blame God For This? by PSTEMMA1960(m): 8:56am On Feb 04, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Maybe I remember it wrong, but I think it's Yahweh himself who wrecks Job's life, to prove how Job is 100% faithful to him.
Satan just eggs him on saying: "Oh sure, you took his wealth, but he still has his family. I bet he wouldn't believe in you if he didn't have that."
And Yahweh just answers: "Oh yeah? Just you watch."
Satan: "Hey, he no longer has a family, but he still has his good health."
Yahweh: "Not any more!"
OK, well that's great and all, but things didn't work out too well for all of Job's original sons and daughters who got killed!

Also, this always bugged me too: wouldn't Job still be sad about the loss of his first children? Losing children is not exactly like losing a car. You can't just get a new one and everything's good. I mean, if I had a son or daughter who got killed, and then Yahweh said, "Hey, it's okay, here's a new one - all fixed!" it wouldn't make my loss of the first one any less, no matter how much I loved the new one.

all in all, I think using Job as example to buttress your point is a terrible terrible idea cuz his afflictions were coming from Yahweh himself
bt at the end who laughed last?Job or satan?read the book of jeremiah 17, we are jst like clay in the hands of a potter, the man that invented ferrari when he built his first ferrari model, it was very ok and beautiful, bt when he wanted to invent the second model, he had to dismantle the first car and then used the same car to manufacture the second model that was more beautiful than the first one..

when we christians talks about man and God relationship, we are talking about the spirit of God that is in us, God did nt destroy thier spirit..

ask u self this question, Job got times 2 of all the animals that he lost, bt why did he nt get times 2 of his children?.

1 Like

Re: Why Not Blame God For This? by PSTEMMA1960(m): 8:58am On Feb 04, 2018
Afoochekk1914:

The only thing I have noticed is that, people blame the devil for all the bad things that happened to them
once u are bad people always blame u 4 any tragedy, bt that does nt mean that the devil is responsible for all we also have man made evil..
Re: Why Not Blame God For This? by hopefulLandlord: 9:03am On Feb 04, 2018
PSTEMMA1960:
bt at the end who laughed last?Job or satan?read the book of jeremiah 17, we are jst like clay in the hands of a potter, the man that invented ferrari when he built his first ferrari model, it was very ok and beautiful, bt when he wanted to invent the second model, he had to dismantle the first car and then used the same car to manufacture the second model that was more beautiful than the first one..

when we christians talks about man and God relationship, we are talking about the spirit of God that is in us, God did nt destroy thier spirit..

ask u self this question, Job got times 2 of all the animals that he lost, bt why did he nt get times 2 of his children?.

it appears you didn't understand my post at all but never mind
Re: Why Not Blame God For This? by PSTEMMA1960(m): 9:08am On Feb 04, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

NO, YOU THANK GOD FOR ONLY THE GOOD THINGS, BUT BLAME YOUR VILLAGE PEOPLE FOR THE BAD THINGS.
WE KNOW YOU.

HOW CAN ANY RIGHT THINKING PERSON BELIEVE, ACCEPT, AND CONTINUALLY TRANSMIT THIS FABLE?
the wisdom of God is folishness b4 men and the wisdom of men is folishness b4 God, it takes a special grace to believe in the bible, bt if u choose nt to believe, u also have ur reasons for that..

b4 the invention of microscope there are people that u can't convince that up to i millions germs are living inside thier mouth, bt today according to science a person has up to 6 billion germs in his/her mouth and it has been proven, the same things are applicable to the things of God.

god is a spirit that is why u have to be spiritual b4 u can see in the spirit, in human philosophy seeing is believing, bt when it comes to God u have to believe b4 seeing..
Re: Why Not Blame God For This? by adepeter2027(m): 9:11am On Feb 04, 2018
PSTEMMA1960:

If I'm to go by ya logic, why don't we thank god for creating Satan as well?

LoL
Job? A conspired script between god and Satan?
LoL

Hahahahaha

OK naw
Re: Why Not Blame God For This? by PSTEMMA1960(m): 9:11am On Feb 04, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

it appears you didn't understand my post at all but never mind
ok..
Re: Why Not Blame God For This? by NPComplete: 9:12am On Feb 04, 2018
PSTEMMA1960:

Lies. You don't have any proof for that claim in bold.
Re: Why Not Blame God For This? by CAPSLOCKED: 9:12am On Feb 04, 2018
PSTEMMA1960:
It takes a special grace to believe in the bible.

IT TAKES ILLITERACY AND COWARDICE TO BELIEVE IN THE BIBLE.

PSTEMMA1960:

before the invention of microscope there are people that u can't convince that up to i millions germs are living inside thier mouth, bt today according to science a person has up to 6 billion germs in his/her mouth and it has been proven, the same things are applicable to the things of God.

LOL, PLEASE WHERE IS THE "MICROSCOPE" FOR SEEING GOD?

PSTEMMA1960:

god is a spirit that is why u have to be spiritual b4 u can see in the spirit,

FROM THE WAY YOU TALK, I AGREE THAT YOU'VE SEEN THIS SO CALLED SPIRIT, SO, CONGRATULATIONS. smiley

PSTEMMA1960:
in human philosophy seeing is believing, bt when it comes to God u have to believe b4 seeing..

BUT UNFORTUNATELY, YOU CANNOT SEE THIS GOD BECAUSE YOU'RE SPIRITUALLY BLIND.
SO YOU LEAVE THE TASK TO YOUR PASTORS WHO HAVE BEEN SPECIALLY ORDAINED TO SEE GOD, RECEIVE AND TRANSLATE INSTRUCTIONS.

WHAT WAS THAT YOU SAID THAT I HIGHLIGHTED ABOVE?
YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE BEFORE SEEING?
WHY DO YOU WANT TO SEE? YOU BELIEVE BECAUSE YOU WANT TO SEE,
YOU WANT TO SEE BECAUSE YOUR PASTORS ALL CLAIM THEY HAVE SEEN.

THAT IS WHY YOU'LL BE A SHEEP FOR LIFE.
UNTIL THE DAY YOU DECIDE YOU NO LONGER WANT TO SEE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING THERE TO BE SEEN.
Re: Why Not Blame God For This? by DeSepiero(m): 9:13am On Feb 04, 2018
Afoochekk1914:
"We thank God for the good things that happened to us, why not blame him for the bad things that happened to us?"

We're indoctrinated to thank God in all (good) things and blame the devil for the bad ones.
We're also made to believe that God allows things (bad) to happen in accordance to his will.
This implies that it's always of God when bad things happen to us. The person of Satan is simply vindicated.
God is the source of good and evil then.
Yet, we blame Satan, demons, witches, uncles and old folks at home.

Christianity is so confusing.
Re: Why Not Blame God For This? by DeSepiero(m): 9:17am On Feb 04, 2018
PSTEMMA1960:
the wisdom of God is folishness b4 men and the wisdom of men is folishness b4 God, it takes a special grace to believe in the bible, bt if u choose nt to believe, u also have ur reasons for that..

bt the invention of microscope there are people that u can't convince that up to i millions germs are living inside thier mouth, bt today according to science a person has up to 6 billion germs in his/her mouth and it has been proven, the same things are applicable to the things of God.

god is a spirit that is why u have to be spiritual b4 u can see in the spirit, in human philosophy seeing is believing, bt when it comes to God u have to believe b4 seeing..

It takes 'special grace' for you to believe bible of course.
Re: Why Not Blame God For This? by adepeter2027(m): 9:17am On Feb 04, 2018
finofaya:

What I'm trying to say is that God has the power to do and undo and he applies it as he sees fit. Whatever God does is good. He is a merciful, just God and we are expected to have faith in him and trust that whatever he does in our lives is done for our overall benefit, individually and collectively.

But doesn't have the power to kill devil yet he keeps killing babies and adults

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Not Blame God For This? by PSTEMMA1960(m): 9:21am On Feb 04, 2018
adepeter2027:
If I'm to go by ya logic, why don't we thank god for creating Satan as well?

LoL
Job? A conspired script between god and Satan?
LoL

Hahahahaha

OK naw
the things of God are like a teachers who goes to the class room to teach, some students will understand the lesson very well, some half way and some nt even at all, the same thing is happening to us today when it comes to the things of God..

some people understands it very well, some half way and some nt even at all..

can i ask u one question?
Re: Why Not Blame God For This? by PSTEMMA1960(m): 9:29am On Feb 04, 2018
NPComplete:

Lies. You don't have any proof for that claim in bold.
read read job 1 vs 2-3 he had ten children 7000 sheeps, 3000 carmels, 500 oxens and 500 donkeys..

after that read the book of Job 42 vs 12-13
14000 sheeps, 6000 carmels, 1000 oxens and one thousand donkeys isn't that time 2?
Re: Why Not Blame God For This? by Nobody: 9:29am On Feb 04, 2018
Afoochekk1914:
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

1 Like

Re: Why Not Blame God For This? by adepeter2027(m): 9:30am On Feb 04, 2018
PSTEMMA1960:
the things of God are like a teachers who goes to the class room to teach, some students will understand the lesson very well, some half way and some nt even at all, the same thing is happening to us today when it comes to the things of God..

Exactly cos god is the cop-out used by you guys.
some people understands it very well, some half way and some nt even at all..

It might interest you that I was a devoted Christian in the past.

can i ask u one question?
you're free
Re: Why Not Blame God For This? by adepeter2027(m): 9:32am On Feb 04, 2018
PSTEMMA1960:
read read job 1 vs 2-3 he had ten children 7000 sheeps, 3000 carmels, 500 oxens and 500 donkeys..

after that read the book of Job 42 vs 12-13
14000 sheeps, 6000 carmels, 1000 oxens and one thousand donkeys isn't that time 2?
Gosh.

YOU'RE really taking some parts of the Bible to be literally true & accurate
Re: Why Not Blame God For This? by PSTEMMA1960(m): 9:35am On Feb 04, 2018
adepeter2027:

Exactly cos god is the cop-out used by you guys.

It might interest you that I was a devoted Christian in the past.
you're free
if a man loses a job he is earning 100k per month, after that he and his family suffered hunger and hardship, then afterward he get a job where he now earns 500k if u are that man will u regret that u lost the first job?
Re: Why Not Blame God For This? by adepeter2027(m): 9:39am On Feb 04, 2018
PSTEMMA1960:
if a man loses a job he is earning 100k per month, after that he and his family suffered hunger and hardship, then afterward he get a job where he now earns 500k if u are that man will u regret that u lost the first job?
no and yes, depending on various factors (i.e. cons) involved which you failed to mention.

So what's your point?
Re: Why Not Blame God For This? by PSTEMMA1960(m): 9:39am On Feb 04, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

IT TAKES ILLITERACY AND COWARDICE TO BELIEVE IN THE BIBLE.

LOL, PLEASE WHERE IS THE "MICROSCOPE" FOR SEEING GOD?

FROM THE WAY YOU TALK, I AGREE THAT YOU'VE SEEN THIS SO CALLED SPIRIT, SO, CONGRATULATIONS. smiley

BUT UNFORTUNATELY, YOU CANNOT SEE THIS GOD BECAUSE YOU'RE SPIRITUALLY BLIND.
SO YOU LEAVE THE TASK TO YOUR PASTORS WHO HAVE BEEN SPECIALLY ORDAINED TO SEE GOD, RECEIVE AND TRANSLATE INSTRUCTIONS.

WHAT WAS THAT YOU SAID THAT I HIGHLIGHTED ABOVE?
YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE BEFORE SEEING?
WHY DO YOU WANT TO SEE? YOU BELIEVE BECAUSE YOU WANT TO SEE,
YOU WANT TO SEE BECAUSE YOUR PASTORS ALL CLAIM THEY HAVE SEEN.

THAT IS WHY YOU'LL BE A SHEEP FOR LIFE.
UNTIL THE DAY YOU DECIDE YOU NO LONGER WANT TO SEE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING THERE TO BE SEEN.
there are time u will see that human wisdom can't not give u what u are looking 4, doctors themselves that we are all looking up to for healing some of them are pastors today, if u are in nigeria and u are doubting spiritual things then feel free to let me know, i will be willing to prove that to u without u spendind a dime..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stronger Than Your Enemies Part 2 Sermon And Prayer Points By Pastor E A Adeboye / Dealing With Criticism As A Christian Body / Old And New Covenant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.