Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (1098 Views)

Obasanjo Warning Letter To President Buhari: 6 Areas Obasanjo Scored Buhari Low / NNPC Discovers 21 Wells Full Of Prospects Of Oil In North / Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 5:03pm On Feb 05, 2018
Re: . by Nobody: 5:04pm On Feb 05, 2018
Re: . by Nobody: 5:08pm On Feb 05, 2018
Re: . by Nobody: 5:10pm On Feb 05, 2018
Re: . by Nobody: 5:12pm On Feb 05, 2018
Re: . by bonechamberlain(m): 5:13pm On Feb 05, 2018
look at this beautiful place wasting, angry
Re: . by Nobody: 5:14pm On Feb 05, 2018
Re: . by Jakumo(m): 5:18pm On Feb 05, 2018
Nigeria does indeed boast of some truly beautiful beaches and other scenery that tourists would normally love to visit, BUT, today's Nigeria, unlike her poorer but far safer neighbor Ghana, is NOT a tourist destination, thanks to the fact that kidnapping for ransom happens to rank among Nigeria's fastest growing "industries".

Your ideas about positioning Nigeria as a tourist destination are unlikely to be realized during the lifespan of most Nairaland readers, however, there is a very good chance that your great grand-children could live to see the perfectly safe, tourist-friendly Nigeria of your whimsical dreams.

In the meantime, please do post more drone pictures, and tell us a little bit about your pet drone. Muchos gracias Senor.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Blue3k(m): 5:20pm On Feb 05, 2018
What kind of drone do you use to take the Arial shots. Second what do you have in mind? I haven't been to Ibeno since I was childhood. If I were to go I like more restruturants, bars, snorkeling, equipment rentals (boats, canoes etc), fishing etc. What make beach fun is the community at the place. South padre is known for spring break fun.

Admittedly I'm not really a beach person I haven't been to Miami beach even though io to Miami often. I haven't been to South Padre island either. I will try list of Puerto Rico before South Padre though.
Re: . by true2home(m): 5:21pm On Feb 05, 2018
I challenge you to take on one of this projects at this location and share with us here! Every Nigerians has billions of ideas, the problem is that no much backs it with action. grin
Re: . by Nobody: 5:31pm On Feb 05, 2018
Re: . by true2home(m): 5:37pm On Feb 05, 2018
Im actually looking forward to taking on such project around Nigeria. Its sad that most Nigerians are not interested in developing the country. everyone wants to take from it instead. With God by my side, you will see what some of my project that are along the line of your thinking.

im leave the my comfort of US to Nigeria soon to work and investment more in my country, instead of wasting my young days serving another man's land and retiring to nothing.

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 5:47pm On Feb 05, 2018
Re: . by americanson: 5:47pm On Feb 05, 2018
ScorpioMoon:
below are my own photos I took with a drone . Like I said , I have over 5000 pics of Nigeria alone from north to south to west and east.I also have 10,000 images of other West African nations. this thread now focuses on Akwa ibom coastal areas and what I feel needs to be done there .

below is Ibeno beach. it's the longest coastal beach in all West Africa. there's so much potential begging to be realized on the beach which extends all the way to Mbo region . in fact, I think it should be divided into at least 4 beaches, with each section developed for different purposes.

Wow... I thought they said the Nigerian government is against drone usage. Is this true?
Re: . by gmoney12: 5:49pm On Feb 05, 2018
beautiful

that's all to say
Re: . by 4kDdullard: 6:20pm On Feb 05, 2018
ScorpioMoon:
below are my own photos I took with a drone . Like I said , I have over 5000 pics of Nigeria alone from north to south to west and east.I also have 10,000 images of other West African nations. this thread now focuses on Akwa ibom coastal areas and what I feel needs to be done there .

below is Ibeno beach. it's the longest coastal beach in all West Africa. there's so much potential begging to be realized on the beach which extends all the way to Mbo region . in fact, I think it should be divided into at least 4 beaches, with each section developed for different purposes.
If folks like you were Nigerian leaders, Nigeria would make a giant stride.It's regrettably unfortunate that some foolish youths are rooting for a stewpid, good for nothing and Alzheimer victim to continue to ruin what is left of the shithole.Only a cursed race would exhibit such trait.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 6:55pm On Feb 05, 2018
Re: . by Nobody: 6:56pm On Feb 05, 2018
Re: . by mrhowoto: 7:53pm On Feb 05, 2018
Good.
Re: . by true2home(m): 8:13pm On Feb 05, 2018
How i wish...that would have been nice. Im from ogun state.

ScorpioMoon:
Are you from the area?
Re: . by Nobody: 8:35pm On Feb 05, 2018
I love Ibeno, please share more pictures of QIT, the facility by the beach.
Re: . by Chauke(m): 10:36pm On Feb 05, 2018
ScorpioMoon:

This is prime estate for top class development.
Re: . by Jakumo(m): 5:45am On Feb 06, 2018
ScorpioMoon:
It doesn't have to be for tourist . I'm talking about building an organized society for the people . Tourist can join in later.
for example , cottages like these ones could be a great real estate business . There'll be top notch security provided .

A family that departs Lagos to travel 200 miles on a visit to this area in Calabar for recreational purposes, can be called internal tourists.

When that family's car is intercepted by a vehicle driven by kidnappers, the family could then be described as being scared chitless.

Once the family car has been forced off the road and into a violent crash, the occupants of the damaged car could be deemed survivors.

When the survivors emerge from their wrecked car with various injuries, only to be abducted at gunpoint, they would become "the missing".

When that missing family is butchered for spare parts and fetish requirements, they would be classified by their new owners as "market."

So, Oga OP, the question that any right thinking person would ponder before venturing out for a non-essential road trip along the very unfriendly roads of today's Nigeria, would be along the lines of whether or not they might wind up as somebody's "market", before the day is done.

Not to worry though, Nigeria will be ready for tourism, no later than the good year 2147, all else being equal.

In the meantime, these pictures you have been kind enough to post here will be the closest most people will ever get to visiting those "beautiful" locations, or indeed any others inside Nigeria's fractured and perilous landscape, as "tourists".

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Nobody: 2:40pm On Feb 06, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Electricity Distribution Company Caught Using Generator For Electricity (photos) / Ekiti Governorship Election That Produce Fayose Full Of ‘hanky-panky’ – Buhari / Presidency Accuses Obasanjo Of Masterminding Removal Of 5 Governors From Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.