Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Ego And Self Esteem Are Two Different Things - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ego And Self Esteem Are Two Different Things (393 Views)

I'm Ready To Marry Her But I Discovered She Has Two Kids From Two Different Men / 10 Different Things Nigerian Ladies Say Instead Of "I Love You" - Meme / Overly Tall Guys How Do U Cope With Self Esteem Cuz Mine Is Killing Me!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ego And Self Esteem Are Two Different Things by ChiomaMee: 12:41am On Feb 06, 2018
I usually do not do this but I think there's a need to.

Ego is an inflated fake self image. Ego and self esteem are not the same. Having a big ego is a negative trait while having a high self esteem is a positive trait. A lot of people have a big ego and they think they are building their self esteem. In reality, the opposite happens because, the bigger the ego, the lower the self esteem and vice versa. Ego is thinking you're always right or you're above everybody. People with big ego are blinded by their grandiose self image that they cannot see the difference between ego and real self.

Self esteem on the other side of the spectrum is a feeling of content and acceptance with yourself. It is not complacency. People with high self esteem accept people as they are. They do not feel the need to judge others to the opposite of ego people who are very critical and always judge others. Egotistical people have a low self esteem. I know some might disagree but I can prove it. Ego draws a fake self image of perfection, so understanding self is impossible. I hate it when ladies turn down guys rudely all in the name of "I'm protecting my ego". I understand not everyone can play the maturity thing but there are some simple things that ought to be handled with 'big sense'. This isn't to boast but if a guy approaches me and I'm not interested, I could engage him in talks that would make him forget the love thing(except he's the extremmeeely persistent type).

Ladies, quit the gender equality game. I wonder why we copy the Western culture that doesn't go well with ours. Nigerians are not, and can never be Westernized, we are only modernized

Women, channel your energy towards profitable things. I must say this, I weep in my heart when men speak ill of women. Ladies, show them you have more than pulling your pants to offer.

1 Like

Re: Ego And Self Esteem Are Two Different Things by Nobody: 12:46am On Feb 06, 2018
cool cool

(1) (Reply)

Violence Red Flags To Watch Out For In Your Relationship / Apart From The Hot Satisfying S,3x And The Money, What Else Can They Offer? / One-night-stands..i Prefer It!!...52 And Counting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.