Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? (26596 Views)

Queen Asisat Oshoala Crowned Bbc Women Footballer Of The Year / 9 Most Overrated Players In World Football Right Now / Is Victor Moses Overrated? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by 4Play(m): 4:25pm On Mar 07, 2007
See the clueless Gunners

Since when did you and I have an argunment over whether Fabregas is a better player than Carrick

In making comparisons between them,the number of goals they score does not matter since they play different roles in footie.

Clueless Gunners.That is why they say a half-brained Gunner is gifted
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by tng(f): 4:41pm On Mar 07, 2007
@ 4play
I dont think fabregas is overrated. But like you rightly mentioned WAYNE ROONEY. English players are the most overrated.
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by tng(f): 4:48pm On Mar 07, 2007
@ crazykid

Rooney is not better than Van Persie, Ronaldo,fabregas,in my opinion nd they all play in the prem.
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by loyika(m): 4:59pm On Mar 07, 2007
Once again, the Muppet will never answer a question straight.

We are all used to his stupidity.

Simple question, and the boy will go to Egypt and back and still not make any point.

Simple Mr 4play, in your honest Opinion is Cesc better than Carrick. YES or NO

How is that hard

cool GOONER 89
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by LoverBwoy(m): 5:01pm On Mar 07, 2007
4flay
since you are well clued up, you couldnt think of overrated players than cesc , get those tits out of your mouth, natural milk dont go well for you try kunu wannabe hausa boy  grin
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by 4Play(m): 5:06pm On Mar 07, 2007
@Loyika

I have made my point,you are dumb to suggest that Carrick is not a holding MF,why must I answer a question as to who is better btw the 2?
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by loyika(m): 5:16pm On Mar 07, 2007
The problem with you 4play is that, you think some else is dumb, While everyone else knows you are dumb. See the difference.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by loyika(m): 5:20pm On Mar 07, 2007
Anyway people, Please you can get back to the topic, before this numskull infects the whole place with his stupidity. tongue

cool GOONER 89
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by Razorr(f): 5:21pm On Mar 07, 2007
shocked   shocked   shocked   shocked

I can't believe that you guys are still on this subject!   shocked  Loyika, you are disappointing me o. . . Exchanging banter with this boy!
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by loyika(m): 5:27pm On Mar 07, 2007
Sorry Razorr dearie cool

Been away for a while, so don't blame me. The Convo with him is over. I denounce any thing 4play from my life for a week (or until he opens his mouth again) tongue.

The issue is Dead and Buried.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by Razorr(f): 5:35pm On Mar 07, 2007
Lmao @ Loyiks
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by shabbie(m): 5:44pm On Mar 07, 2007
4play or what
go learn how to spell arsenal without the -.
abi kilo n se e ke?

Fabregas is not oversted its just the problem of the english press. Aponle ti poju.
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by 1forall: 10:52pm On Mar 07, 2007
Refused commenting on this topic because I know how senslessly fanatic some people can be but now the topic's obviously lost in some childish argument over some kids!
To those folks rubbishing SWP I wonder if they ever heard of the player before he joined Chelsea? Its rather annoying reading such uninformed comments. Would Chelsea buy him for 21m pounds if he was absolute crap? Ever see him play for Man City?
He was their playmaker, it was darn obvious and City's not gotten back on track since he left.
Chelsea players are bound to be over-rated because of the team they play for - so much (and too much) is expected from them!

But Michael Ballack (free tansfer material)?? What a waste!

Taye Taiwo is also over-rated (no competition for his position)

Next poster: keep topic in perspective please, thanks.
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by kaydee(m): 11:12pm On Mar 07, 2007
We all know English Players are so overrated.

I think the most overrated is Carrick
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by la1(m): 11:13pm On Mar 07, 2007
ballack is quite easily d most overated for now

4play,kituan,likoya&loverboy yall nd2 Get a room, , seeesh!!! grin
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by LoverBwoy(m): 11:51pm On Mar 07, 2007
you have to agree that putting cesc with the list is plain bias
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by 4Play(m): 11:55pm On Mar 07, 2007
LoverBwoy:

you have to agree that putting cesc with the list is plain bias

But I put Rooney at the top of my list grin Its all these Gooners who have some fascination for Fabregas getting all worked cos I criticisced him.Like as if he is their husband or something grin

@Gooners

Did your Fabregas play well against PSV? grin
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by LoverBwoy(m): 12:07am On Mar 08, 2007
there's nothing wrong with critising him, but saying he is overrated is just duhhh
Infact i think you want him to replace those old legs- giggs and scholes
senderos for silvestre, nice swap aye!

Raul is overrated! i dont think he can play outside the spanish league
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by debosky(m): 12:30am On Mar 08, 2007
Fabregas is not overrated, but he definitely still has something to prove

Raul is overrated 56 champions league goals is not overrated oh!, I'll never forget that goal he scored at OT, pure genius. He is one of the best on his era, definitely not overrated, its like saying giggs is overrated because he never played outside England.
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by bolaoni(m): 1:45am On Mar 08, 2007
Don't you guys get tired of all these abuses?

Na wa h o.

How can someone say Raul is over rated? shocked

Na wah o.

embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by AlphaDuo: 2:59am On Mar 08, 2007
on current form, Andriy Shevchenko
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by lafile(m): 10:51am On Mar 08, 2007
Over Rated?
The entire Real Madrid.
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by kaydee(m): 12:30pm On Mar 08, 2007
4 Play:

But I put Rooney at the top of my list grin Its all these Gooners who have some fascination for Fabregas getting all worked because I criticisced him.Like as if he is their husband or something grin

@Gooners

Did your Fabregas play well against PSV? grin

You included Rooney in your list for self-Defence. Rooney is not overrated and you know it. The fact is that he ain't in his best form. It's obvious you don't like Fabregas but none of Man utd youngins is better than this guy. Don't include Rooney and C.Ronaldo. Infact,the whole England.
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by franklincn(m): 12:51pm On Mar 08, 2007
talking of overated players,number one dat comes to my mind is frank lampard.that dude is a piece of shit,he gets lost wen it comes to big matches that one needs a telescope to view him,but suddenly bcoms a galaxy wen playing against relegated bound sides like watford.

the world cup is there to bear me witness.he was obviously the worst player in d tournament and shud b rated wit d likes of pimpong of ghana.

as for ronaldinho?, na agidi he get.it is over for him yet barca fans hav refused to let go of their incesant noise abt him.guess its high time he joins predecessor okocha  at quatar
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by RuuDie(m): 1:51pm On Mar 08, 2007
i'm seriously amazed that anyone could consider Wayne Rooney, Lionel Messi, M. Carrick, Carlos Tevez as over-rated.

4 God's sakes C.Tevez is has off-the-field stress; if indeed he's over-rated how did he get thru d ranks with Argentina 4rm U-17, U-21 all d way thru 2 d national team, gosh! angry never mind dis spell @ West Ham, he's good!

4get inconsistency Wayne Rooney has got talent; time & again he reminds us of that fact - every player has a bad patch every now & then but it don't take away ur skill or ability.

yep @ 18million & from his early performances, "u'd have thot dis guy's just a waste of cheddars", but my word has M.Carrick shut a lotta' critical mouths up - dat young man has simply been monumental 4 UTD dis season given d fact dat he's being played outta his favored position.

L.Messi is just a genius & he just keeps gettin better by d day - d one very xceptional thing about dis lad is his cool, never seems 2 lose his head - he goes out there, plays his game, gives his all; d only minus is dat he doesn't get 2 much playin time both 4 Barca & Argentina - not any fault of his though!

my pick 4 over-rated players are:

Theo Walcott - maybe Sven realised that much & that's why d dude sat out d entire World Cup in Germany!
Michael ballack - the only thing he does 4 chelsea is put on d jersey & model; maybe dat's what he was bought 4 afterall!
Victor Valdes - what's he still doing in Barca's goal?
Freddy Adu - he got d skills but he just dunno quite how 2 use 'em.
Taye Taiwo - even Roberto Carlos looks up & thinks b4 takin some of those utterly baseless long range efforts!
Micah Richards - dis young man seems 2 be in d wrong profession; Boxing or weightliftin would have suited him better!
Didier Zokora - all hustle & bustle but still doin nada'!
Alhassan Mido - in the arab world he's a demi-god, but all he does is show-off!
Corradi & Samaras - where d heck do some clubs get some of these players from
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by 4Play(m): 1:55pm On Mar 08, 2007
Lampard a.k.a deflection is an enigma.He does well for Chelsea but has repeatedly failed to deliver at national level

He might be leaving in the summer since Chelski has failed to offer him a new contract.I heard he can leave for £8.5 million.

What about Larsson.His record at national level is not that spectacular and at Celtic he was playing at a mediocre league.I know he had a few good cameo spells for Barca but I don't see what the fuss is about.

I think he didn't play enough at the top level to deserve the accolades coming his way.From his performances at national level,I would say he is above average but not one of the best of his generation.He is not even on the level of Robbie Fowler
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by kannymoore(m): 2:03pm On Mar 08, 2007
u know wetin dey, , mikel obi is not over-rated. the guy is class. off course he has his own deficiencies, ,we all know that he's a bit clumsy while defending and all that but i forsee a marked improvement in his defensive abilities by next season. that guy has the capabilities of a playmaker. if yu think i'm lying.,. watch chelsea vs porto second leg. i think that was his best game in the chelsea shirt by all standards.

sorry if i dey drift off topic but i couldnt help but defend the poor boy.
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by RuuDie(m): 2:16pm On Mar 08, 2007
@ 4play
don't even attempt 2 hint dat Henrik Larsson is over-rated.
u seem not 2 know dat dis guy's been playin d game 4 long, long while now & he has performed both 4 country & whatever club he's played 4, cameo role or not. he's one of his country's leading goal-scorers & he's won the "The Golden Boot" award as Europe's highest goal scorer a handful of times!

if u need any reminding, he's d Swedish guy that used 2 have blond dreadlocks - u might be mistakin d man 4 some1 else 'cos 4 my money d dude is anything but over-rated.
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by kitaun(m): 2:41pm On Mar 08, 2007
Bloody heavens!! 4play comparing Larsson to Robbie Fowler?? Is 4play OK at all? Bolaoni and other scummies, where are you all?
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by Akolawole(m): 3:59pm On Mar 08, 2007
4 Play:

Lampard a.k.a deflection is an enigma.He does well for Chelsea but has repeatedly failed to deliver at national level

He might be leaving in the summer since Chelski has failed to offer him a new contract.I heard he can leave for £8.5 million.

I am dissapointed because it came from you.

1) Lampard leaving for 8.5m pounds
2) Did you forget Lampard is an English man
3) When do you think his current contract will expire?
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by kitaun(m): 4:23pm On Mar 08, 2007
One of 4play's numerous jokes u know?
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by 4Play(m): 4:38pm On Mar 08, 2007
Akolawole:

I am dissapointed because it came from you.

1) Lampard leaving for 8.5m pounds
2) Did you forget Lampard is an English man
3) When do you think his current contract will expire?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/6285941.stm

It always helps to read up on things before asking questions.How can you be a Chelsea fan without knowing things like this grin

@Kitaun

You sabi say you be Gunner,so like fellow Gooners ,you know nothing about footie grin

NB:Chelski have yet to agree a new deal and as things stand today,he can leave for £8.5 million with his Spanish girlfriend to La Liga

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Alvaro Morata Makes Bold Statement About Leaving Chelsea / AC Milan Agree Terms With Samuel Chukwueze, Medical Due This Week / Lagos Hosts First American Flagship Football Exhibition (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.