Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,489 members, 7,812,523 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

Why Atiku Is The Best Choice For PDP Against 2019! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Atiku Is The Best Choice For PDP Against 2019! (2735 Views)

Why Atiku Is In UAE For 6 Months / BREAKING: APC Considers Ribadu After Pressure On Buhari Against 2019 / APC Reacts To Father Mbaka's Prophecies On Buhari Against 2019 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Atiku Is The Best Choice For PDP Against 2019! by Ratello: 12:14pm On Feb 08, 2018
Why Atiku Is The Best Choice For PDP Against 2019!

I am of the opinion that all human beings are well built to reason and think things out critically well before arriving at any conclusions. I have been privileged to sit among elders, adults, youths of brilliant minds and I have heard their opinions about an Atiku Presidency, only a few of them are saying Atiku is not the best to lead Nigeria because he is corrupt while many consider the track records of Alhaji Atiku and gave him a clean bill of health that he is not only fit to be President but have the experience and ability to surpass any Presidents we have ever paraded since modern Nigeria's emergence. The corruption tag on his person is laughable and clearly unfounded especially when it is glaring that between 1999 - 2007 while he was Vice President to Olusegun Obasanjo he was not corrupt but he suddenly became corrupt according to Obasanjo when he clearly fought Obasanjo's illegal third term ambition and decided to take a shot at the exalted Position of the Federal Republic of Nigeria which is his right as a citizen of this great Country and a personality that has paid his dues!

People will always radiate under the sphere of different opinions in any debates and Atiku's case is not different. In mine opinion, this is how i viewed him; Atiku is a Fulani man, a Moslem, astute business man, politician, entrepreneur, philanthropist,  a detribalised Nigerian (married to a Yoruba woman, Titi, from Osun State, at a time only extremely few Northern business men attempt such, his businesses are represented in virtually all the 6 geopolitical zones which means an Atiku will be a National President not a Sectional President and a Father Figure to all irrespective of your tribe), a down to earth man who is willing to listen to every complaints tabled before him. I am not in anyway losing sleep on why Atiku is my preferred choice but I am putting this down for those who still view Atiku as a bad specimen to be tested that it is time to study this man beyond unfounded innuendos attached to his person by his political foes who have once benefitted from him. I am using this medium to educate as many as I can reach that Nigeria needs someone who can Nigeria like a business concern that works where our power, housing, oil, agricukture, finance, mineral resources sectors can be well galvanised to evoke an industrial revolution that can turn around the fortunes of Nigeria from a CONSUMING ECONOMY to a PRODUCING ECONOMY, from a begging nation to a nation that gives, from a weak nation to a buoyant one. It takes a man who has experimented that in his private lifestyle to implement such if given the chance to become President.

I was extremely glad when I got wind of Atiku's intention to run for the position of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The youths must understand that to be the President of a dynamic nation as Nigeria requires great experience and political exposure that cuts across all the geopolitical zones of this great Country. One thing is certain, an Atiku's emergence will bridge the widening gap between the rich and the poor through massive youth employments. Alhaji Atiku also remains the only Northern candidate championing the RESTRUCTURING cause, such a man must be taken seriously. Below are what Atiku said in time past, use these words to judge this great man with a large heart.

Atiku In His Own Words;

Below are what Atiku said with his own mouth and you have the right to query or question or probe him on this, you have your conscience intact, so you be the judge yourself;

“People say I became rich in government. It’s a lie. I had hundreds of millions of dollars in assets declared in 1999. I was able to personally bankroll the Peoples Democratic Party back then, so surely, I was not poor.” (Atiku responding to the allegations that he enriched himself while in office as Vice President)

“I Go Dye, I’m not a messiah. I do not promise Eldorado or $1 = N1, but I always ask that we should look at the economic progress we made under my leadership and what I am doing in private business and judge me by those.”  (Atiku's response to "I Go Dye", a Nigerian popular Comedian, on why he is qualified and a better candidate to become President of Nigeria)

“As VP, I assembled what is arguably the best economic team ever in Nigeria. It was made up of young, world-class professionals, who came home to work. Some of those professionals are now political leaders, governors and world leaders in their own right." (Atiku's influence on the economic development of Nigeria as the Head of the National Economic Council revealed here)

“I remember the only corruption indictment against me was a white paper which was cooked up by our own administration overnight to including the very EFCC that I helped found and other cabinet ministers, which I challenged in court. The court rightly dismissed all those indictments as being mere political, and till today nobody has ever indicted me of corruption.” (This was his defense against the indictment cooked up against him by Obasanjo and EFCC which is yet to be proved by EFCC till date in any Court of law)

“For example, between 1999 and 2003, oil prices then were hovering between $16 and $28 yet we managed to pay up salary arrears from decades back, clear up our national debts and build up foreign reserves. Our Gross Domestic Product grew at the fastest rate we’ve seen since the return to democracy.” (Despite decades of military  rule, the Obasanjo/Atiku era brought Nigeria out of the woods based on "working economic policies" Atiku helped set up)

“I regret that I had that disagreement with my boss. Some say I was disloyal, but I looked at the events in Zimbabwe recently, and it gives me confidence that I did the right thing fighting the attempts to elongate the presidential tenure beyond eight years. If I did not win that fight, do you think we would be having a discussion on young people getting into leadership today?” (His stand on why he had to fight the illegal Third Term ambition of his former boss, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, which would have set a bad precedence for future administrations)

“I went to the World Bank and met a bright lady, convinced her to come back home, and she became a star in our government. To show you we had effective leadership, the same lady could not replicate her exploits under a different government,”  (On his discovery of the one and only Madam Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, former, Minister of Finance)

“In my home state of Adamawa, for example, I’ve created over 50,000 direct jobs and 250,000 indirect ones. We are the largest private employers of labour in the state, only second to the state government. It’s not a lot, but it does help reduce unemployment. Who do you think are holding those jobs? Yes, young people.” (This is Alhaji Atiku's direct and indirect impacts on employments as an individual)

"What is happening in Nigeria is that as a nation, we are caught up in a modern-day Malthusian Trap. For years, our population has been growing faster than our Gross Domestic Product, bringing us to a point where we have an ever-increasing population competing for resources that are not keeping pace with population growth." (Alhaji Atiku's submission on the state of the Nation under Buhari while making his keynote address at the  Silverbird Man of the year 2017 Awards Night)

"It may sound simplistic, but if Nigeria can assemble a leadership focused on getting us out of this Malthusian Trap by gradually reversing the trend where population growth exceeds GDP growth, many of these challenges we are currently facing will slowly but surely fade away." (Atiku's blueprint for the way out of our current surging populations versus our depleting Gross Domestic Products as a Country)

"This month of February 2018, according to the World Poverty Clock, Nigeria has just overtaken India as the world’s capital of extreme poverty. There are more extremely poor people in Nigeria than there are in India, a country that has six times Nigeria’s population." (Alhaji Atiku affirming the grim situation Nigerians found themselves in under the Buhari-led administration)

"After contracting for five consecutive quarters, Nigeria came out of recession in the second quarter of 2017 with a GDP growth rate of 0.55%. In the third quarter, we fared better with 1.40%. While this looks somewhat like we exited the recession, the reality is that when you factor in our population growth rate of 2.3%, which is one of the highest in the world, have we really exited a recession? Technically, yes, but in reality, it is doubtful." (Atiku's humble but concise statistical analysis of the true picture of our economic status as a Country)

“When people do not have jobs and the means to start a business are beyond their reach, they are incrementally much more likely to engage in criminal behaviours like terrorism, kidnapping, militancy and armed robbery." (Atiku bringing to the open a simple reason why violences have taken over Nigeria landscape)

“According to the African Development Bank, in 2017, 18 African countries grew their Gross Domestic Product above 5%. Nigeria, which was number one in 2014, was not amongst these nations. We must figure out what has happened in the intervening years between 2014 and 2018 and fix what went wrong." (This is the height of gross ineptitude on leadership as His Excellency, Alhaji Atiku, gave an expository revelation on how Nigeria fell from the top just within 3 years of APC's leadership)

“What happened to brilliant initiatives like the YouWIN programme which gave Nigerian youths the training and funding to start their own businesses?” (The One Million Dollar Question His Excellency, Alhaji Atiku is asking this rudderless APC's government)

“Let me say this: The Restructuring that I, Atiku Abubakar, envisions, will see no state receive less money from the federation account than it currently does. I hope that will ease the anxieties of some who oppose restructuring. Restructuring will not cheat you. It will free you." (Alhaji Atiku's stance on restructuring)

“When I was in government, we reduced recurrent expenditure by introducing the monetisation policy and by privatising many government enterprises, especially those that were consuming resources without generating revenue. Those policies have been bastardized today and we have seen a ballooning of our recurrent expenditure and shrinkage of our capital expenditure. We must return to the basics.” (Atiku showing the wrong approach of this APC's government in the area of fiscal policies)

“We have to enact laws to prevent leaders from diverting public funds from the public health sector to the treatment of the elite in the best hospitals abroad. If you can afford it from your own private resources, then pay for it. But do not make the tax payer pay for it." (This is Alhaji Atiku demanding that laws should be made to ensure that our leaders are made to pay for their health related issues anytime they seek medical attention abroad and not from public funds)

“We are in critical times, and as I conclude, I want to urge a paradigm shift in Nigeria. Our elite are treated in Europe. Big Brother Naija is being broadcast from South Africa and Nike is unveiling our FIFA World Cup Jersey in London. Is this the extent to which we have outsourced Nigeria? As far as I am concerned, if it concerns Nigeria, it must be done in Nigeria, not abroad. Not abroad.” (Atiku promoting "Made in Nigeria for Nigerians" ideology)

All What Atiku Is Saying Is, "Judge Me On My Track Records In Political And Business Careers And Not On Innuendoes"

ProjectAtiku 2019 To The Rescue!

From The Desk of @Ratello

1 Like

Re: Why Atiku Is The Best Choice For PDP Against 2019! by AntiWailer: 12:21pm On Feb 08, 2018
We should not judge him based on Halliburton bribery that made him stay away from US ?

Thats cool.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Atiku Is The Best Choice For PDP Against 2019! by GavelSlam: 12:34pm On Feb 08, 2018
The Halliburton scandal has led to the conviction and jailing of some people.

If I, as an ordinary citizen, can travel to the States without fear of arrest, I see no reason why I should entrust my vote on a man who cannot make the same journey .

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Atiku Is The Best Choice For PDP Against 2019! by Ratello: 12:37pm On Feb 08, 2018
AntiWailer:
We should not judge him based on Halliburton bribery that made him stay away from US ?

Thats cool.

I am too sure you are not aware that Atiku was never convicted by any US Court of the Haliburton Scandal so I will forgive your ignorance. Dig up the current news on the Haliburton case and cure your ignorance for once. I repeat, Atiku was never indicted in the scandal.

5 Likes

Re: Why Atiku Is The Best Choice For PDP Against 2019! by Alejoas(m): 12:37pm On Feb 08, 2018
This assertion is not scientific .....

Need to be backed by verifiable data:::::::: wink smiley

6 Likes

Re: Why Atiku Is The Best Choice For PDP Against 2019! by Ratello: 12:38pm On Feb 08, 2018
GavelSlam:

If I, as an ordinary citizen, can travel to the States without fear of arrest, I see no reason why I should entrust my vote on a man who cannot make the same journey .
Are you sure of yourself?

3 Likes

Re: Why Atiku Is The Best Choice For PDP Against 2019! by GavelSlam: 1:21pm On Feb 08, 2018
Ratello:

Are you sure of yourself?

What does that mean?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Atiku Is The Best Choice For PDP Against 2019! by KwoiZabo(m): 1:31pm On Feb 08, 2018
Atiku is a very disciplined, hardworking & wise man which is what we need for our country now.

4 Likes

Re: Why Atiku Is The Best Choice For PDP Against 2019! by Ratello: 1:58pm On Feb 08, 2018
GavelSlam:

What does that mean?

Are you afraid now or jittery? Defend your Atiku's claim of being corrupt with empirical evidences please and stop sounding funny by using question to answer my simple question to you.
Re: Why Atiku Is The Best Choice For PDP Against 2019! by muykem: 3:33pm On Feb 08, 2018
Funny of you. How he will be indicted when he is running away for justice? Please advice him to visit USA even if is one day.
Ratello:

I am too sure you are not aware that Atiku was never convicted by any US Court of the Haliburton Scandal so I will forgive your ignorance. Dig up the current news on the Haliburton case and cure your ignorance for once. I repeat, Atiku was never indicted in the scandal.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Atiku Is The Best Choice For PDP Against 2019! by deji17: 3:56pm On Feb 08, 2018
Ratello:

Then why is Atiku afraid or refusing to visit the US?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Atiku Is The Best Choice For PDP Against 2019! by Ratello: 10:35am On Feb 09, 2018
deji17:

Then why is Atiku afraid or refusing to visit the US?
Afraid? You mean Atiku that owns a palatial edifice in Potomac in Washington DC, USA must announce to you deji17 that he wants to visit the US? Do you folks even reason at all? He was never indicted in the case kindly get your facts right and stop roping in an innocent man into what is not true.

4 Likes

Re: Why Atiku Is The Best Choice For PDP Against 2019! by deji17: 12:30pm On Feb 09, 2018
Ratello:

Afraid? You mean Atiku that owns a palatial edifice in Maryland, USA must announce to you deji17 that he wants to visit the US? Do you films even reason at all? He was never indicted in the case kindly get your facts right and stop roping in an innocent man into what is not true.
Keep deceiving yourself. Even Atiku admitted that he cannot visit USA as a private citizen.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Atiku Is The Best Choice For PDP Against 2019! by dlondonbadboy: 12:42pm On Feb 09, 2018
ANYTHING BUT BUHARI. ..

ANYONE BUT BUHARI..

I'D VOTE LUCIFER JUST TO MAKE SURE BUHARI GOES HOME....
Re: Why Atiku Is The Best Choice For PDP Against 2019! by GreatXpectation: 12:43pm On Feb 09, 2018
Good day nairalander's

Nairaland I'm hungry... I need a job please help me.
any kind of work

either
cashier
factory work
messenger
sales boy or whatever

please help me am dying

you can contact me through my email on comingjoys@gmail.com

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Why Atiku Is The Best Choice For PDP Against 2019! by deji17: 12:48pm On Feb 09, 2018
GreatXpectation:
Good day nairalander's

Nairaland I'm hungry... I need a job please help me.
any kind of work

either
cashier
factory work
messenger
sales boy or whatever

please help me am dying

you can contact me through my email on comingjoys@gmail.com

Thanks in anticipation
Farming is not in the list of what you will like to do. It is the surest way out of hunger. You should try it sometimes.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Atiku Is The Best Choice For PDP Against 2019! by Ratello: 6:07pm On Feb 09, 2018
deji17:
Keep deceiving yourself. Even Atiku admitted that he cannot visit USA as a private citizen.

Perhaps you will educate the house by declaring your source of this revelation to us. undecided undecided
Re: Why Atiku Is The Best Choice For PDP Against 2019! by TheKingdom: 6:09pm On Feb 09, 2018
Just look at the Nigger Area, celebrating criminals to rule them day in day out.

Shameful blacks

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Atiku Is The Best Choice For PDP Against 2019! by deji17: 6:16pm On Feb 09, 2018
Ratello:

Perhaps you will educate the house by declaring your source of this revelation to us. undecided undecided
Use search engine: Why I have not visited United State. -Atiku. I hope you know how to do that?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Atiku Is The Best Choice For PDP Against 2019! by Ratello: 6:20pm On Feb 09, 2018
deji17:
Use search engine: Why I have not visited United State. -Atiku. I hope you know how to do that?
I thought you said you have proof but I can tell your type. Sail on
Re: Why Atiku Is The Best Choice For PDP Against 2019! by mrhowoto: 6:22pm On Feb 09, 2018
Okay.
Re: Why Atiku Is The Best Choice For PDP Against 2019! by MORNDEW(m): 6:50pm On Feb 09, 2018
As in Atiku? The same Atiku that can't visit U.S like me? To be President? We haven't sunk that low please.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Atiku Is The Best Choice For PDP Against 2019! by deji17: 6:58pm On Feb 09, 2018
Ratello:

I thought you said you have proof but I can tell your type. Sail on
Are you not able to find the news by yourself? Do you need help or you are just pretending. Very typical lol

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Atiku Is The Best Choice For PDP Against 2019! by Ratello: 7:16pm On Feb 09, 2018
deji17:
Are you not able to find the news by yourself? Do you need help or you are just pretending. Very typical lol
Look at this funny dude you are the one defending your claim that he is corrupt and dares not enter the US and I am challenging you to kindly supply the link at least to prove your claim and you are here dancing around simple challenge. I thought you are real.

3 Likes

Re: Why Atiku Is The Best Choice For PDP Against 2019! by deji17: 7:26pm On Feb 09, 2018
Ratello:

Look at this funny dude you are the one defending your claim that he is corrupt and dares not enter the US and I am challenging you to kindly supply the link at least to prove your claim and you are here dancing around simple challenge. I thought you are real.
Are you able to search for the news? Do you know how to get the news based on the hint I gave you? Yes or no will suffice instead of this pretence.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Atiku Is The Best Choice For PDP Against 2019! by Ratello: 8:36pm On Feb 09, 2018
deji17:
Are you able to search for the news? Do you kbow how to get the news based on the hint I gave you? Yes or no will suffice instead of this pretence.

Mr Jinadu stop being petty and paste the whole thing here the burden of proof to back your claim lies in your hand likewise to bust my claim if indeed Atiku was told never to step into US soil that's all. This should be my last post to you if you can't prove your claim mr Jinadu behaving funnily

1 Like

Re: Why Atiku Is The Best Choice For PDP Against 2019! by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 09, 2018
GavelSlam:

Atiku is barred from travelling to United States because he was indicted for collecting a bribe of $2 milllon dollar from German engineering firm Siemens through his wife Jennifer account who resided in Potomac,Washington at the time

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Atiku Is The Best Choice For PDP Against 2019! by deji17: 8:52pm On Feb 09, 2018
Ratello:

Mr Jinadu stop being petty and paste the whole thing here the burden of proof to back your claim lies in your hand likewise to bust my claim if indeed Atiku was told never to step into US soil that's all. This should be my last post to you if you can't prove your claim mr Jinadu behaving funnily
Mrs Jinadu, do you know how to get the information or not? Stop being dodgy and petty at the same time. lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Atiku Is The Best Choice For PDP Against 2019! by osscarr(m): 8:54pm On Feb 09, 2018
Abeg carry ur atiku go one side make I hear word

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Atiku Is The Best Choice For PDP Against 2019! by GavelSlam: 9:05pm On Feb 09, 2018
DUTCHDON:

Atiku is barred from travelling to United States because he was indicted for collecting a bribe of $2 milllon dollar from German engineering firm Siemens through his wife Jennifer account who resided in Potomac,Washington at the time

I think you are right.

So many criminal offences relating to our leaders.

I also recall there was a PTDF scandal associated with Atiku which also works against his visiting the States.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Atiku Is The Best Choice For PDP Against 2019! by Nobody: 9:07pm On Feb 09, 2018
TheKingdom:
Just look at the Nigger Area, celebrating criminals to rule them day in day out.

Shameful blacks
Yet the same people will be shouting when David Cameron calls Nigeria fantastically corrupt and Donald Trump calls our country a shithole.

3 Likes

Re: Why Atiku Is The Best Choice For PDP Against 2019! by Nobody: 9:21pm On Feb 09, 2018
MORNDEW:
As in Atiku? The same Atiku that can't visit U.S like me? To be President?
We haven't sunk that low please.
We have Buhari as President,we can't get any lower

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

People's Trust Is A Realistic Possibility For Change In Nigeria - Olawepo Hashim / Buhari New Media Aide Involved In Financial Misappropriation And Sabotage / Lady Exposes Man Who Slept Wit Her & 24 Other Ladies In A Month,wishes Him HIV(P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.