Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,837 members, 7,838,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. (23982 Views)

Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by FriendofGod: 8:23pm On Feb 11, 2018
[quote author=Goldstar post=64981547][/quote]

If you want to tithe as they did under the law, then you have got to tithe the right way.

Words such as the devourer, storehouse all signified that tithes was food and not money. God promised to increase their harvest and stop devourers like locusts from destroying their farms. Only farm owners and cattle owners were expected to tithe and they were to tithe a tenth on the increase in farm produce. Does your salary increase every week? So, what increase are you tithing on?

You can't have the right personal relationship with God without studying His Word.

3 Likes

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by Goodness4525: 8:48pm On Feb 11, 2018
FriendofGod:

If you want to tithe as they did under the law, then you have got to tithe the right way.

Words such as the devourer, storehouse all signified that tithes was food and not money. God promised to increase their harvest and stop devourers like locusts from destroying their farms. Only farm owners and cattle owners were expected to tithe and they were to tithe a tenth on the increase in farm produce. Does your salary increase every week? So, what increase are you tithing on?

You can't have the right personal relationship with God without studying His Word.
This tithe matter will make some one to imagine if God 4get or purposely not add a vital part to most black man medulla oblongata.... as in most black folks are too foolish
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by pointblank247(m): 8:53pm On Feb 11, 2018
olabrad:

Don't try to manipulate the truth. If they paid the tithe, the Bible would mention it. Don't forget that the Bible mentioned how they raised fund for the new Christian body. Stop trying to manipulate the word of God just because you want to make your pastor to look right.
reading the bible upside down does not help matters. which of the apostles was supposed to pay thite.? ie if you realy know what tithe is? non. non continued whith his job.
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by FriendofGod: 9:12pm On Feb 11, 2018
Goodness4525:
This tithe matter will make some one to imagine if God 4get or purposely not add a vital part to most black man medulla oblongata.... as in most black folks are too foolish

The thing tire me, my brother.
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by olabrad: 9:35pm On Feb 11, 2018
pointblank247:
reading the bible upside down does not help matters. which of the apostles was supposed to pay thite.? ie if you realy know what tithe is? non. non continued whith his job.

Oga, stop being clever by half. There is no two meaning to tithe. Tithe is tithe. The apostles never paid tithe. If you are bereft of biblical knowledge, you may want to read Acts. 4:32-36; that's the idea of giving laid out by the apostles. So, where did you get your own idea of Christianity?

I also challenge you to show me New Testament quotation that supports tithe. I mean just one. If can't, just shut up and stop fooling yourself.
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by pointblank247(m): 9:55pm On Feb 11, 2018
olabrad:

Oga, stop being clever by half. There is no two meaning to tithe. Tithe is tithe. The apostles never paid tithe. If you are bereft of biblical knowledge, you may want to read Acts. 4:32-36; that's the idea of giving laid out by the apostles. So, where did you get your own idea of Christianity?

I also challenge you to show me New Testament quotation that supports tithe. I mean just one. If can't, just shut up and stop fooling yourself.
the word of God is the Word of God and if you think that because you dont find it the so called new testerment it dosnt continue to be the word of God. then i im sorry i cant help you. bye.
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by henrymarz(m): 9:58pm On Feb 11, 2018
I will continue to pay tithe too.
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by cannanland(m): 10:24pm On Feb 11, 2018
You are very correct Sir........Am with you on this. If you don't want to pay, please don't pay, that's your opinion, and you are entitle to that, but the people that want to pay, it is shaa not your money, it's ours, and we are willing to part with it. Or must we do what you are doing......,................@ YOU

1 Like

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by olabrad: 1:42am On Feb 12, 2018
pointblank247:
the word of God is the Word of God and if you think that because you dont find it the so called new testerment it dosnt continue to be the word of God. then i im sorry i cant help you. bye.

Yes, your life deserves no help if you maintain your ignorance and self-imposed blindness. Jesus our Savior didn't preach, give or take tithe. The apostles, fathers of Christianity, didn't take or give tithe. So, where is the foundation of your own Christianity?

Your blindness is helpless. I sure can't help you. Good bye

2 Likes

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by olabrad: 1:45am On Feb 12, 2018
pointblank247:

And did the apostles receive tithe? Some stupid people will just be saying nonsense and calling themselves Christians.

1 Like

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by kistone(m): 2:37pm On Feb 12, 2018
FriendofGod:

there is no monthly salary eaner those days, sowin is not all about crups alone. And mind u, everything has there devourer.
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by kistone(m): 2:59pm On Feb 12, 2018
olabrad:

where do you get dis kind of mentality e? Many blessing we claim in bible today is almost found in new testament, and u didnt neglect them so when every issue of payment in there now became neglected, mind u you, jesus has bought us with his blood, and we hav give our life to him to serve him including our money. the truth here is dat we have been find it difficult to pay before. Find it difficult to attend weekly church programme. SOMEONE SAID RELEGION IS NOT THE SOLUTION TO OUR PROBLEM, SOMEDAY SOMEONE WE SAID THAT THEY SHOULD CLOSE CHURCH DOOR ISNT IT.
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by kistone(m): 3:06pm On Feb 12, 2018
olabrad:

And did the apostles receive tithe? Some stupid people will just be saying nonsense and calling themselves Christians.
you no get bible talkless of coming to church, you pple now wanted to become our pastor here, mba, rara o.
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by FriendofGod: 3:22pm On Feb 12, 2018
kistone:
there is no monthly salary eaner those days, sowin is not all about crups alone. And mind u, everything has there devourer.

So, in other words, someone modified the tithing law to include salary earners? I will like to know who did it? Jesus Christ or the Apostles

I thought we were warned never to add or remove from the commandments of God.
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by olabrad: 6:28pm On Feb 12, 2018
kistone:
you no get bible talkless of coming to church, you pple now wanted to become our pastor here, mba, rara o.

You that have Bible, show us where apostle Peter, Paul, etc received tithe. Nobody is a blind fool anymore. Knowledge is now verse
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by olabrad: 6:34pm On Feb 12, 2018
kistone:
where do you get dis kind of mentality e? Many blessing we claim in bible today is almost found in new testament, and u didnt neglect them so when every issue of payment in there now became neglected, mind u you, jesus has bought us with his blood, and we hav give our life to him to serve him including our money. the truth here is dat we have been find it difficult to pay before. Find it difficult to attend weekly church programme. SOMEONE SAID RELEGION IS NOT THE SOLUTION TO OUR PROBLEM, SOMEDAY SOMEONE WE SAID THAT THEY SHOULD CLOSE CHURCH DOOR ISNT IT.

Tithe payment is specifically to a Levite and God instituted tithing because levites don't have properties.

And also remember that levites belong to a particular tribe in Israel.

Are your pastors levites? Is your pastor even an Israelite, not to talk of being a levite?

Do your pastors own properties or not?

Let's stop deceiving ourselves.

A Christian can give to church according to the rules of the new testament, but it is unchristian to pay tithe

1 Like

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by kistone(m): 9:20pm On Feb 12, 2018
FriendofGod:

So, in other words, someone modified the tithing law to include salary earners? I will like to know who did it? Jesus Christ or the Apostles

I thought we were warned never to add or remove from the commandments of God.
I think someone should be able to refine thd word of God if is really a christian.
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by kistone(m): 9:28pm On Feb 12, 2018
olabrad:

You that have Bible, show us where apostle Peter, Paul, etc received tithe. Nobody is a blind fool anymore. Knowledge is now verse
if we do what apostle paul did in act5:1 downward, none of your kind will ever follow person come to church, talkless of you becoming church goer.
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by kistone(m): 9:47pm On Feb 12, 2018
olabrad:

Tithe payment is specifically to a Levite and God instituted tithing because levites don't have properties.

And also remember that levites belong to a particular tribe in Israel.

Are your pastors levites? Is your pastor even an Israelite, not to talk of being a levite?

Do your pastors own properties or not?

Let's stop deceiving ourselves.

A Christian can give to church according to the rules of the new testament, but it is unchristian to pay tithe

do you know that in new testament pastor has right to tell member to sow their houses as a means to meet the needs of th needy?Act5:1 you cant pay 10% of your gain, so how will you sell you property and bring d total money to pastors, no agument, i know you cant do it. And the reason you didnt hear anything about it at the time of the apostle is that people pay it without question, not as you question chrit today.
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by kistone(m): 9:59pm On Feb 12, 2018
loswhite:
lol... He never requested for tithe. Abraham Gave him one tenth of the spoils of war voluntarily not as a commandment or a requirement for blessings. Please note that Abraham never gave tithe from his income nor his own possession but from spoils of war...it is sad that ppl actually perish for lack of knowledge
Dont thinj you resemble abraham in anything, for he is obedient when your kind are not, must someone has to tell you before you pay your tax, another thing is that whereever good way you can get d tax your own is to pay. Spoil ko, spur ni.
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by FriendofGod: 11:47pm On Feb 12, 2018
kistone:
I think someone should be able to refine thd word of God if is really a christian.

Laws are laws. A Christian cannot refine the Laws given to Jews. You have no business with these laws. These laws treated non-Jews as strangers. One of the Laws even warned the Kohanim not to anoint strangers (non-Jews) with anointing oil.

There are 600+ laws but I am sure many of you tithers only know about tithes. And sadly, you don't even know anything about the tithing law other than what your pastors have interpreted them to be. One of the Laws warned us never to add to the commandments whether in Written Law or in interpretations. Tithe is food even up to this day. The Jews who still set aside still set aside. They still tithe food. Many of them are salary earners but they still take care to follow the basic instructions of the Law.
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by olabrad: 5:58am On Feb 13, 2018
kistone:
do you know that in new testament pastor has right to tell member to sow their houses as a means to meet the needs of th needy?Act5:1 you cant pay 10% of your gain, so how will you sell you property and bring d total money to pastors, no agument, i know you cant do it. And the reason you didnt hear anything about it at the time of the apostle is that people pay it without question, not as you question chrit today.

In the Acts you referred to, giving or selling property IS BY FREE WILL! Acts 5:4 said "didn't it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn't the money at your disposal?...."

What does that mean? It means the couple had the power to either sell their lands or not. Even after selling the land, they had the right to either bring the money (either in part or whole) or not.

Apostle Paul said let everyone give what he has decided in his heart in 2Cor 9:7.That means FREE WILL!.

No Pastor has right to force giving out of anyone. Even a child reading the scriptures can see that very clearly. How come you can't? What went wrong with your brain that you aren't even capable of simple logical reasoning and translation?

What manner of upside down, confused, imbecilic idea told you a pastor can force you to sell your property? I'm now convinced that many of you Pentecostal Christians drop your brains at home when listening to your pastors.

Your idea or translation is daft and stupid. Stop fooling you head and other hapless people that don't have scriptural knowledge; such disposition and behaviour are demonic

1 Like

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by olabrad: 6:13am On Feb 13, 2018
kistone:
if we do what apostle paul did in act5:1 downward, none of your kind will ever follow person come to church, talkless of you becoming church goer.

He just kept on yammering about Acts 5:1 as if he is sensible enough to understand the content. Giving in the scriptures is BY FREE WILL Ananias and Sapphira died, not because they didn't give all, but because they lied. Peter said in Acts 5:4 that "Didn't it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn't the money at your disposal?...." Even a kindergarten English pupil knows what that part means...FREE WILL TO DECIDE ON WHAT AND WHETHER TO GIVE. But you, so-called Christian, seem to have lost your senses to understand simple English in your bid to protect pastor's interest.

Stop talking like a daft senseless person with a leaky brain.

1 Like

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by kistone(m): 2:54pm On Feb 13, 2018
FriendofGod:

Laws are laws. A Christian cannot refine the Laws given to Jews. You have no business with these laws. These laws treated non-Jews as strangers. One of the Laws even warned the Kohanim not to anoint strangers (non-Jews) with anointing oil.

There are 600+ laws but I am sure many of you tithers only know about tithes. And sadly, you don't even know anything about the tithing law other than what your pastors have interpreted them to be. One of the Laws warned us never to add to the commandments whether in Written Law or in interpretations. Tithe is food even up to this day. The Jews who still set aside still set aside. They still tithe food. Many of them are salary earners but they still take care to follow the basic instructions of the Law.
I can see now the battle as been won..... i beg you to not rebel against d lord, For dis not ordinary.
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by kistone(m): 3:19pm On Feb 13, 2018
olabrad:

In the Acts you referred to, giving or selling property IS BY FREE WILL! Acts 5:4 said "didn't it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn't the money at your disposal?...."

What does that mean? It means the couple had the power to either sell their lands or not. Even after selling the land, they had the right to either bring the money (either in part or whole) or not.

Apostle Paul said let everyone give what he has decided in his heart in 2Cor 9:7.That means FREE WILL!.

No Pastor has right to force giving out of anyone. Even a child reading the scriptures can see that very clearly. How come you can't? What went wrong with your brain that you aren't even capable of simple logical reasoning and translation?

What manner of upside down, confused, imbecilic idea told you a pastor can force you to sell your property? I'm now convinced that many of you Pentecostal Christians drop your brains at home when listening to your pastors.

Your idea or translation is daft and stupid. Stop fooling you head and other hapless people that don't have scriptural knowledge; such disposition and behaviour are demonic
U speak as devil, No one force tithe on me at all, mr, what happen in Act 5 was d continuety of Act 4:33-37, and dis happen as d result of their message of given to pple. If their doin that with no one telling dem his importance, dat told us how u have sold your property and take d money to pastors for d needy. DEVIL IS A LIAR.
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by kistone(m): 3:26pm On Feb 13, 2018
[color=#990000][/color]
olabrad:

He just kept on yammering about Acts 5:1 as if he is sensible enough to understand the content. Giving in the scriptures is BY FREE WILL Ananias and Sapphira died, not because they didn't give all, but because they lied. Peter said in Acts 5:4 that "Didn't it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn't the money at your disposal?...." Even a kindergarten English pupil knows what that part means...FREE WILL TO DECIDE ON WHAT AND WHETHER TO GIVE. But you, so-called Christian, seem to have lost your senses to understand simple English in your bid to protect pastor's interest.

olabrad:

olabrad:

U speak as devil, No one
force tithe on me at all mr,
what happen in Act 5 was
d continuety of Act
4:33-37, and dis happen as
d result of their message of given to pple. If their
doin that with no one
telling dem his importance,
dat told us how u have sold your property and
take d money to pastors for d needy. DEVIL IS A
LIAR.
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by FriendofGod: 3:58pm On Feb 13, 2018
kistone:
I can see now the battle as been won..... i beg you to not rebel against d lord, For dis not ordinary.

Smh...
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by olabrad: 7:28pm On Feb 13, 2018
kistone:
[color=#990000][/color][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]U speak as devil, No one
force tithe on me at all mr,
what happen in Act 5 was
d continuety of Act
4:33-37, and dis happen as
d result of their message of given to pple. If their
doin that with no one
telling dem his importance,
dat told us how u have sold your property and
take d money to pastors for d needy. DEVIL IS A
LIAR.

He is just talking like a semi illiterate fool. All I see is a clear disconnect and lack of communication between his brain and his fingers. Such a senseless fool. There is even no agreement between what I wrote and his stupid comment. The best thing is to let this mentally confused fool remain in his senselessness
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by olabrad: 7:35pm On Feb 13, 2018
kistone:
U speak as devil, No one force tithe on me at all, mr, what happen in Act 5 was d continuety of Act 4:33-37, and dis happen as d result of their message of given to pple. If their doin that with no one telling dem his importance, dat told us how u have sold your property and take d money to pastors for d needy. DEVIL IS A LIAR.

This demented deranged fool made the comment below, especially the bolded one. The same demented nitwit with leaky brain contradicted himself with the comment above. Very soon, yaba left will become their permanent abode.

do you know that in new testament pastor has right to tell member to sow their houses as a means to meet the needs of th needy? Act5:1 you cant pay 10% of your gain, so how will you sell you property and bring d total money to pastors, no agument, i know you cant do it. And the reason you didnt hear anything about it at the time of the apostle is that people pay it without question, not as you question chrit today.

1 Like

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by 4amorc(m): 3:46am On Feb 14, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNNH_sDsBQ

"Rosicrucian Order AMORC Initiation First Temple Degree Illustrated Part 1 as given in the Lodge"
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by xest(m): 7:29pm On Apr 05, 2018
pauladonis:

You guys have substituted the purpose of salvation for tithing... The new covenant that was made is of salvation, Jesus has become the ultimate sacrifice to replace the rams and blood sacrifices that were meant redeem the Israelites from sin whenever they committed it. Salvation didn't stop the principle (not law) of tithes and offerings... When Jesus was crucified, the curtain of the holy of holies got torn not to stop us from paying tithes but to show us that we can all freely have access to God in close relationship. But despite our new covenant and close relationship with God, we still have people whose calling is like the Levites: They can't work normal jobs, they are in God's service till they die... which shows the need for continuity of tithes and offerings.

Also, in the book of Malachi, God commands us to bring our tithes and offerings into His house... in the old testament, that was the temple of worship, in our times it is the church.
No Nigerian pastor is qualified to take tithe. They are not descendants of Levi. More over levites practice Judaism as a religion. Now u trying to say that tithe is not a law...... Huh! How gullible u can be. U want to teach a Bible scholar about the Bible....... Where else does ur pastors preach about tithe apart from malachi. And it was the same pastors (priest) that malachi was talking about. So let no man deceive bro. Tithe is not compulsory and does not stop any blessing for u. Cheers
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by xest(m): 7:31pm On Apr 05, 2018
kistone:
Grace is an enablement to do d law easily, not by force, dis will help u to do it with no one forcing you. Dat means grace did not remove law. We are only save by grace
By Christ death on the cross he has fulfilled the law. We no longer bind with tithing anymore. But he who obey d law should b judged by the law

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Registering With INEC To Vote In 2015 / Why Deeper Life Turned Down Jonathan’s Request To Visit Church During Campaign / Traders Beat 'Demons' Out Of Their Unsold Car Spare Parts In Lagos (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.