Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,836 members, 7,837,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. (23981 Views)

Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by kennypoka2(m): 9:23am On Feb 11, 2018
Which blessings actually??

Have you tried not paying it and you weren't blessed? undecided

1 Like

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by lankieman: 9:26am On Feb 11, 2018
nans24:

You Too!! Wow!

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by Oju4190: 9:27am On Feb 11, 2018
kistone:
i pay through pastor not to pastor, if a pastor does not delever d money God will collect it in his own way, dat can cost d pastor to pay witht his life. Nothing concern me.
Spiritual boko haram that have been brainwatch....Ur kolo strong and it cannot be cure.

1 Like

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by NotComplaining: 9:27am On Feb 11, 2018
kistone:
EVEN IF PASTOR USE MY TITHE TO PLAY GAMBLE, I WILL CONTINUE TO PAY. I can only pay through pastor, i didnt pay to pastor. as far i enjoy and bein bless through it. Nomatter what any #frizzar say dat is ur problem.

How many indigenous charities exist in Nigeria today? DESPITE Nigeria holding much of the worlds' population of christians and more churches per block than any where in the world, there isnt a single trans atlantic nigerian christian charity! Yet you give tithe? Then surely this is clear proof that God has rejected your tithes; if good works should be the yard stick of acceptance.

Nigerians of all sects claim their sect is right, but what has yours done for humanity? What of locally? Other than buy select individuals expensive cars and houses while others starve. Who outside your church can speak of its benevolence? Who outside Nigeria can defend its credibility?

Jesus did not collect tithe nor paid it, yet he changed the world till date! The bottom line is truth speaks for itself.

Building a church is not the same with building a place for God. God needs not oppulence, but loves good works! Nigerian Christians are their own worst enemies, why are Edo chrsitians rushing to Libya when they have grandiose churches and conspicuous pastors?

No good road, nothing to explain or justify the existence of the great white elephant called the church. Such is called a warped understanding.

Great religious buildings are normally the cherry on top of a civilized, developed, moral and progressive society, but in Nigeria there is only the cherry; everywhere, and no cake.

Support thy neighbour, not thy pastor. Nigeria does not need another church, it needs better christians.

2 Likes

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by Kennedyiheme: 9:29am On Feb 11, 2018
awesomeJ:

I am saying that I work the same job, the same number of hours, still single as I was, yet when I project that my investment funds will reach x amount by the end of the 1st quarter, it instead happens weeks earlier in February. Like you said, I have checked, and the only thing that has changed is that I set a new threshold for the amount I'll pay in tithes monthly, and there's been a swell. Mind you, owing fully to the blessings of tithing, this new threshold is about 80% of the salary I had on a full time job about 2 years ago, now it's only about 10% of the current income. So don't you think I'll consider an eight-fold increase in two years blessed enough?

And on attributing certain occurrences to prior actions, The rising of the sun doesn't qualify for a suitable comparison, because not only does it not need your waking up to happen, it actually doesn't need anything other than the earth's constant rotation to happen.
let me give you a challenge... don't pay tithe for 2 months and see of there would be any difference... I bet you.. your life will remain the same and even better because now you save 10% of your money

2 Likes

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by Raphaelcarter: 9:29am On Feb 11, 2018
Our so called men of God will come and tell us that "Old things has passed away and all things become new" yet they refuse to allow the moses' thithe pass away too because it has to do with money...

God pls send down sense from heaven so that Nigerians will start helping the poor instead of feeding the pot bellied criminals on the pulpit

1 Like

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by olabrad: 9:31am On Feb 11, 2018
pointblank247:
Tithe is biblical unless you believe in testamentation of the bible

If tithe is biblical, how come the apostles never paid tithe? Or are you insinuating that the apostles lived a non-biblical life?
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by olabrad: 9:33am On Feb 11, 2018
kistone:

We hail God's name o.

In other words, you are trying to promote your private business?

1 Like

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by olabrad: 9:37am On Feb 11, 2018
kistone:
Who is melchizedek king of of
salem in gen14:18 Heb7:1-end? Jesus also collect am.

And how many times did Melchizedek collect tithe? Every Sunday or every month. Since Jesus also collected, why didn't the apostles collect?
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by Nobody: 9:40am On Feb 11, 2018
kistone:
EVEN IF PASTOR USE MY TITHE TO PLAY GAMBLE, I WILL CONTINUE TO PAY. I can only pay through pastor, i didnt pay to pastor. as far i enjoy and bein bless through it. Nomatter what any #frizzar say dat is ur problem.

1: God has not cursed anyone anywhere in the Bible for refusing to tithe.. there is a difference between when God speaks and it is recorded in the Bible and when Man speaks. words spoken by men and captured in verses are used by Pastors as the exact words from the mouth of GOD himself.
2: 2 greatest laws of God is Love the lord with all your heart and love your neighbor, Jesus also tells us that it the last days many will call his name.. but he will ask them, did you feed the poor and give them shelter? Building commercial ventures from the fruits of tithing and leaving crumbs to feed some select schools and prisons is not helping the poor.. your brethren suffer for lack of knowledge
3: If you are blessed it is not because of tithing it is because you reap what you sow.. unmerited favor is like failing JAMB but because the admissions officer is your Uncle, he breaks the law to let your unqualified ass into the university.. if you support that.. then heck why not become a full-time sinner
3: Tithing is living by Faith/Grace not Law because that was in the old testament which Jesus was painfully sacrificed to fulfill.. you are in a state of Grace therefore obey the words of Jesus who has paid in full for your soul.. not some Levi priest in Malachi who admonished the jews to bring their offerings.. not tithes s dem go see chop.

Read/Study the Bible and ask the Holy Spirit to teach you all things... do not rely on your patently corrupt and scandalous GOs and Apostles to twist scripture for their greedy intentions using your ignorance of the words of God and your patently moronic views to steal the destinies of others who do not know any better

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by Kennedyiheme: 9:42am On Feb 11, 2018
As with tithing as oone of the old laws... people where also instructed not to be clean shaven, not to wear different kind of materials.. not to add salt to meat when offering sacrifices.. and must always offer a psmb to God as sacrifices... all this has passed, they say Jesus has died for your sins but tithing still remains lol because it has to do with money.
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by Rebuke: 9:43am On Feb 11, 2018
kistone:

I stand with yhu brother! I must pay my tithe.

Paying my tithe is my duty, what my pastor does with it is between him n my God.

If because yhu sense or feel d government might misuse tax n refuse to pay yhur tax I am sure yhu knw d consequence.

Anyone who advises me not to pay my tithe or give it in any different way other dan to the ministry where I am spiritually fed, such person isn't even fit to advise me in d first place, so let he/she gerreout.....let them go n hug a live transformer. tongue
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by Butterflyl10n: 9:46am On Feb 11, 2018
kistone:

Refuting your OP with this scripture spoken by Jesus himself.

Luke 11:42

Woe to you Pharisees, because you give God a tenth of your mint, rue and all other kinds of garden herbs, but you neglect justice and the love of God. You should have practiced the latter without leaving the former undone

Same Luke 11:42 (new living translation)

What sorrow awaits you Pharisees! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore justice and the love of God. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things

Those scriptures show that Jesus supported tithing however a balanced tithing is one in which the Love of God is shown and Justice is not ignored. What is the love of God? The love of God is the true gospel and what is the true gospel?

James 1:27

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

As long as tithes are used for those things mentioned in James 1:27 then go ahead with it.

I am a believer and a Christian and so will always stand for the truth.
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by kollinpowel(m): 9:50am On Feb 11, 2018
Anyway that is ur choice and it's non of my f*****king business.
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by walls01: 9:57am On Feb 11, 2018
Seun:

The fact that you performed an action before an outcome happened doesn’t mean the action caused the outcome. Every morning I wake up, and the sun rises within the hour. That does not mean that my waking up causes the sun to rise. Hope you get that?

Let’s say that there was a time when you were not paying tithes and you were poorer. And currently you are paying tithes and richer. You have to consider all the factors before concluding that the tithes are responsible.

(But first, you need to ascertain that you are actually making more money now. If your salary was 100k after tax, and now it is 111k before tithe, the amount you get to spend is exactly the same as before, so you have not actually been blessed. On top of that, you also have to consider inflation, which is quite high in Nigeria. Your salary could have doubled over the years without any increase in your purchasing power.)

Let’s suppose that after all those calculations, you have determined that there has been an increase in your purchasing power. You have to first consider natural things that could have led to that outcome such as getting a (better) job or being promoted, marrying a rich person, starting a successful business, etc.

I can guarantee that you would find a couple of those things. Having found them, it makes no sense to credit tithing. Crediting tithing for your blessings after getting a more lucrative job is like crediting praise worship for your good smell after using a cologne which can be clearly demonstrated to be responsible for the smell.

even when the facts are clear that tithe don't bring blessing people still argue over it. Some people tithe and end up poor some curse God and remain one of the richest in the world, there are even many verses in the bible that support this claim. But if you have consider it, it is a common thing in the world of man. Some argue that the president is good others say he is bad, but sir know this one cannot get the truth from any man cause the true heart of man is not on display at most times. Who know if the OP is a benefactor of tithes so also the rest supporters. The bible warn us in advanced. People quote verses to convince or deceive people, there are even verses where it is safe to kill people. This is the major reason Jesus came to show us the way cause men always confuse themselves for they don't understand the power of God

1 Like

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by NairaMaster1(m): 10:06am On Feb 11, 2018
lexy2014:
what of Deuteronomy 14:22-28?

Read it spiritually and not literary sir. Such is in Isaiah 56 where God said the fasting he want is giving to the poor. Does that nullifies fasting? Giving to the needy doesn't affects tithing.
It will amuse you to hear that what those that tithes can give to the needy your leader Freeze can't. Or not the Freeze that dragged his debtor to social media?
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by NairaMaster1(m): 10:07am On Feb 11, 2018
lexy2014:
what of Deuteronomy 14:22-28?

Read it spiritually and not literary sir. Such is in Isaiah 56 where God said the fasting he want is giving to the poor. Does that nullifies fasting? Giving to the needy doesn't affect tithing.
It will amuse you to hear that what those that tithes can give to the needy your leader Freeze can't do.
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by livebullet(m): 10:08am On Feb 11, 2018
shows how daft u could be.
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by don4real18(m): 10:08am On Feb 11, 2018
kistone:
Who is melchizedek king of of
salem in gen14:18 Heb7:1-end? Jesus also collect am.
Get your facts straight... Jesus isn't Melchizedek (Originally Melchizedec)
Abraham gave him מַעֲשֵׂר, m'sr, (meaning tenth or portion in Hebrew) and has nothing to do with the tithes given to the Levites which your pastors have brainwashed you to give them as the supposed Nigerian Levites
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by itsmeurLady(f): 10:16am On Feb 11, 2018
The Wisdom Of God is like foolishness before ordinary Men (non spiritual men) , they cannot comprehend it, neither do they understand.... This is the conclusion of the whole matter, it's shocking that some Christians do not pay tithes, it's der in the Bible, if u love God u will obey his instructions, why take the one u want to take, y don't u submit yourself fully to God and let him use you? Y u dey form tough Man?? And to all those claiming that they know God and Bible too well that he does not need tithe, Continue! Follow instructions for they are life!! It even shows that Tithing is Right, because so many are against it and if so many people are against it, there must be a secret in Tithing that the Devil does not want the people of this world to kno. Be like a baby always in the things of God, never be too matured and sensible in your own eyes.

The Bible sed " Follow those who through patience and faith inherited the promises" ... only the wise will understand this post, the foolish will counter it and quote vain words. My post is not everyone
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by jaxxy(m): 10:20am On Feb 11, 2018
kistone:

Do not encourage ur pastor to goto hell or risk it via gambling. U shud rather help him and make sure he using God's funds for the right thing. Or stop him from having such funds. Love ur pastor not only the blessings u are seeking to get from God through him like a conduit pipe.
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by lexy2014: 10:22am On Feb 11, 2018
NairaMaster1:

Read it spiritually and not literary sir. Such is in Isaiah 56 where God said the fasting he want is giving to the poor. Does that nullifies fasting? Giving to the needy doesn't affect tithing.
It will amuse you to hear that what those that tithes can give to the needy your leader Freeze can't do.
I didn't tell u that giving 2d needy affects tithing. I only drew ur attention 2d first Scripture in d Bible that speaks on d purpose&practice of tithing. But since u are talking of d spiritual, kindly give d spiritual interpretation of Deuteronomy 14:22-28
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by pauladonis(m): 10:26am On Feb 11, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

God cannot bless you through tithe because that will be HIM making nulll and void the death of JESUS his SON.

The blessing of God of Abraham reaches us only through grace{Jesus}.

Bro, you need to study your Bible more. Jesus died not to eradicate paying of Tithe but to give us salvation.

About the blessings of Abraham,Jesus Himself said that He is greater than Abraham, so how can someone who is small bless someone greater than him. Abraham also paid Tithe in the Bible, and his blessings got to Isaac and the rest of Israel even to the 4th generation as a virtue of him giving 10℅ (Tithe) of his war spoils to Melchizedek (HEBREWS 7)...

Furthermore, Jesus said He became poor so we might become rich (like unto His Riches in glory, not Abraham's riches) He wouldn't have needed to become poor to make us rich if he was referring to Abraham's blessings because it was God that gave Abraham his wealth, at least We all know from that from the Bible.

Also, Jesus did not eradicate the paying of tithes because the Bible also expressly said it in HEBREWS 7 that Jesus's priesthood is like unto the priesthood of Melchizedek (Who received Tithe from Abraham).

The issue of Tithe is a powerful key to achieving long lasting and multi generational blessings in God's kingdom. Don't let anyone Rob you of such a huge blessing.
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by congo4ka: 10:30am On Feb 11, 2018
Na sure client dem dey call this one grin

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by neutrotoba(m): 10:31am On Feb 11, 2018
DavidEsq:

Can u stop d noise and support it with a scripture? Wats all dis mumbo jumbo?

Matthew 22:21, how about that? God bless you
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by InvertedHammer: 10:34am On Feb 11, 2018
Someone is bragging that he will hand his money over to another man to spend on his behalf. How is this anyone's problem? He can hang himself for the pastor for all I care. Folks should stop giving unnecessary attention to the tithe-paying christians. It is their money. They can flush it down the toilet if that makes them happy in life.

As long as tithe-payers and non-tithe payers are equally blessed, why should we care?
/
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by Zivaharry(m): 10:36am On Feb 11, 2018
kistone:
who cares about you paying or not paying ur tithe......millions of people pay their tithes and de don't brag abt it......many even pay others school fees.....still de don't brag......so keep quite and serve ur God in truth and spirit and stop making every thing public..because God blesses both the wicked and the righteous..... so u don't think ur tithes are reasons for God's blessings upon ur life........if so.....some people would have collected d whole blessings..........nonsense
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by stagger: 10:43am On Feb 11, 2018
I never used to pay tithe until God Himself revealed the essence of tithing to me right in my bedroom 12 years ago as we were doing a spirit-Spirit conversation: a heart to heart talk between a creature and the One who created him.

No pastor preached to me before I started tithing. Things that you get from God by revelation, no man can take away from you. Of course, I paid my tithe for the week this morning in church! grin grin grin
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by Nobody: 10:50am On Feb 11, 2018
Its only God that knows the mystery behind it
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by Keywordconcept(m): 10:50am On Feb 11, 2018
Everyone got a choice to make.
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by j1mmy: 10:58am On Feb 11, 2018
yes, keep buying private jets for pastors, you are a stupid african afterall.
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by superhumanist(m): 11:00am On Feb 11, 2018
neutrotoba:

You pay taxes to the government and they embezzle it. But you don't stop paying cuz of that. Why? because paying taxes is your responsibility not choice. In God's government, it is also your responsibility to pay tithe

Nonsense. I pay tax because it is the law and then in normal circumstances those taxes are meant to be used to provide healthcare, subsidized housing and welfare services.

Your tithe offers nothing other than to enrich criminally inclined pastors

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

For Those Who Think Hell Is An Empty Threat From The Bible! / Pastor Adeboye Registering With INEC To Vote In 2015 / Why Deeper Life Turned Down Jonathan’s Request To Visit Church During Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.