Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,946 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken (7979 Views)

Poor Healthcare System: APC Backs Boss Mustapha, Says Truth Must Be Told, Slams / An Uppercut From Biafran Guy To Biafrans.the Truth Must Be Told / Niger Delta Are Animals Until They Support Biafra IPOB Threatens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by DocHMD: 9:34am On Feb 10, 2018
vladimiros:
I am an Ibibio man from Akwa Ibom

Ibibio is not close to Igbo in any way, we don't even eat Igbo food..

Check very well, the food you eat is ewedu and that tells us your real tribe. cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by DocHMD: 9:39am On Feb 10, 2018
Sanchez01:

Okra is an English name.

Oga anti-ibo, Okra the English name was derived from 'Okuru' the Igbo name during slave trade.

I'll panel-beat the facts into your revisionist anti-ibo skull. I know your anti-Igbo antecedents here.

Excerpt:

The name okra is most often
used in the UK, United States and
the Philippines, with a variant
pronunciation in Caribbean
English and Nigeria of okro . The
word okra is from the Igbo
ọ́kụ̀rụ̀.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okra

3 Likes

Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by peterphd(m): 9:40am On Feb 10, 2018
Sanchez01:
I hope you know there is a reason Asaba was made the state capital?
Maryam babangida?

1 Like

Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by Nobody: 9:41am On Feb 10, 2018
khadaffi:

Maybe you are trying to communicate something important but I don't get you, I'm sorry. Is Delta state currently an eastern state? Was Delta state at any point in history an eastern state? Or are you calling it an eastern state because some areas speak languages similar to the eastern states? Your above comment looks like beer pallor gist.

He meant divide and conquer system.... Britain gave Nigeria
Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by Gourdoinc(m): 9:44am On Feb 10, 2018
ezenwajosh:

How can I even argue with someone who didn't notice ikwere is an Igbo word grin
Na so. it must be an igbo word by fire by force. any tribe name that has igbo in it, Eg ijebu-igbo must be igbos and we must claim them.

allow these people to identify with igbos than the other way round. it's simply pathetic

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by Nobody: 9:48am On Feb 10, 2018
Gourdoinc:
Na so. it must be an igbo word by fire by force. any tribe name that has igbo in it, Eg ijebu-igbo must be igbos and we must claim them.

allow these people to identify with igbos than the other way round. it's simply pathetic

Oga I just dugged up old history they don't want them to learn in school.... Am i holding their leg and hand?

Why do u guys always tear ur skins apart when ever an old eastern history is dugged up

When Britain gave gowon the idea of divide and conquer and they saw they can't carry the land... The British man told them to re draw the eastern map...

So PLS I only dugged up history

1 Like

Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by DeKen: 10:05am On Feb 10, 2018
EternalTruths:

Who is feeding you with horse poo.?

You think all of us are mumus you can lie easily to.?
If you are not responsible enough for mature conversation don't quote me. If you have counter opinion, share without insults. I didn't call you mumu that you have ascribed to yourself.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by GavelSlam: 10:05am On Feb 10, 2018
EternalTruths:
Op you said the Truth.

Have patience and watch how God will finally unite all the Igboid groups of SE, SS and NC.

You mean all the biniod groups.

grin
Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by vladimiros: 11:19am On Feb 10, 2018
frankdoz24:
afonja! we ibibios are culturally linked to Igbo's. why are you pained that we akwaibomite and calabaris have understood that we are more Igbo than afonjas!

Look at my comment history

I am from ikot abasi in akwa ibom

Keep quiet

3 Likes

Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by vladimiros: 11:21am On Feb 10, 2018
frankdoz24:
afonja! we ibibios are culturally linked to Igbo's. why are you pained that we akwaibomite and calabaris have understood that we are more Igbo than afonjas!

We from akwa ibom never say "calabari"

They are Efik to us..from odukpani to calabar south.

Yen yen

1 Like

Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by khadaffi(m): 11:41am On Feb 10, 2018
fellowman:

can you compare Delta and Edo state?

Edo is more Western than Delta State, in fact you'll only understand this if you've been to Delta State.

This clearly shows you don't know anything about the Bendel state. How is Edo more Western? The Urhobo language has some similarity with Benin language, the Itshekiri can perfectly understand the yoruba language. And Benin is in Edo state while Itshekiri is in Delta state. As at when the idea to split the state issue came up, the then oba of Benin rejected because he saw it as a way of reducing his kingdom. He only later agreed because he was convinced that this was a way to bring more federal allocation to the areas. Benin and Delta was not split because of tribe or ethnicity. Anybody insinuating this is trying to confuse the young generations of Nigerians.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by sharpsecret: 11:46am On Feb 10, 2018
the world is planing on how to use renewable energy to power engines..cars dat dont use oil is underway..very soon oil will loose its value like steam and coal..if the fulani can treat u bad because they are gaining from u,.wat will happen wen u cant give dem anytin..i pity u talkin from ur anus..u don knw notin but im gonna tel u somtin..biafra wil even b greater without akwa ibom

1 Like

Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by Nwadiuto247: 12:03pm On Feb 10, 2018
Sanchez01:

They want oil. Isn't it obvious?

What is it about oil biko? . A lot of Igbo in your Akwa Ibom are succeeding in every good way more than your people so what is it about oil?
You that have oil are not doing better than igbos in your place and you are here talking about Igbos and your oil as if the oil has made you better than them.
Abeg comot road make we see better people.

3 Likes

Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by Gourdoinc(m): 12:20pm On Feb 10, 2018
ezenwajosh:

Oga I just dugged up old history they don't want them to learn in school.... Am i holding their leg and hand?

Why do u guys always tear ur skins apart when ever an old eastern history is dugged up

When Britain gave gowon the idea of divide and conquer and they saw they can't carry the land... The British man told them to re draw the eastern map...

So PLS I only dugged up history
please sir, post links to this history.

1 Like

Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by vladimiros: 12:38pm On Feb 10, 2018
sharpsecret:
the world is planing on how to use renewable energy to power engines..cars dat dont use oil is underway..very soon oil will loose its value like steam and coal..if the fulani can treat u bad because they are gaining from u,.wat will happen wen u cant give dem anytin..i pity u talkin from ur anus..u don knw notin but im gonna tel u somtin..biafra wil even b greater without akwa ibom

oga shut the fvck up

akwa ibom has the biggest reserves of natural gas

natural gas demand grows 10% every year

Natural gas is not Oil

akwa ibom would keep on feeding this nation

1 Like

Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by Nobody: 12:58pm On Feb 10, 2018
This shows how little you know. Benin Kingdom has nothing to do with yoruba.
Yes Benin Kingdom has always been multi-ethnic and multi-linguistic.
Even Onitsha was part of Benin Kingdom.
Take Anioma for example, they are citizens of Benin Kingdom.
You really need to better your understanding.

Some ancient maps of Benin Kingdom:

This one dates to around 1699:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8595525w/f1.item.r=Benin.zoom

An other map of Benin made in the 17th century once again:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b530530714.r=Benin?rk=214593;2

An other map of Benin from the 17th century:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8595583b.r=Benin?rk=193134;0

This one date to the 19th century:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8469390z/f1.item.r=Benin.zoom

An other map from the 17th century:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8595527q/f1.item.r=Benin.zoo

frankdoz24:
I know you will not like this but the truth remains that the last time I checked out the capital city asaba, no afonja language is spoken there,its only Igbo.
Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by Nobody: 12:59pm On Feb 10, 2018
Gourdoinc:

He said link in history grin

OK deutronomy 7 from verse 8 that's the link as of then

There's no internet during the time

1 Like

Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by Nobody: 1:00pm On Feb 10, 2018
Gourdoinc:

There's no internet during the time....

If u don't believe it here u won't believe it in the link
Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by Nobody: 1:02pm On Feb 10, 2018
Gourdoinc:

Give me the link that proves my elders signed Nigeria amalgamation
Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by Gourdoinc(m): 1:16pm On Feb 10, 2018
ezenwajosh:

Give me the link that proves my elders signed Nigeria amalgamation
this is the problem with history. it's always highly disputable. thus since its a history only you are aware of. it's not fact and thus shouldn't come to play.

the IPOB denigrated the igbos to a point of Shame, please don't do same again with forced acceptance or skewed history.

work more towards the growth of igbos, development of same. leave the ikwerre man to determine his own history. if and when he wants to identify with igbos, he will do that without you forcing it on him. simple and short. forget all these history without links. they are fallacy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by Gourdoinc(m): 1:17pm On Feb 10, 2018
ezenwajosh:

There's no internet during the time
also sir, do not use the Bible as history. we in the know, never ever use it as that. please take note.
Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by Nobody: 1:22pm On Feb 10, 2018
Actually, like many nigerians, you guys don't know the meaning of the word history.
You think history is just a story. This is because they don't teach history in nigerian schools.
History is a story backed by proof, therefor it is in no way disputable.
Gourdoinc:
this is the problem with history. it's always highly disputable. thus since its a history only you are aware of. it's not fact and thus shouldn't come to play.

the IPOB denigrated the igbos to a point of Shame, please don't do same again with forced acceptance or skewed history.

work more towards the growth of igbos, development of same. leave the ikwerre man to determine his own history. if and when he wants to identify with igbos, he will do that without you forcing it on him. simple and short. forget all these history without links. they are fallacy
Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by Gourdoinc(m): 1:25pm On Feb 10, 2018
historyworld031:
Actually, like many nigerians, you guys don't know the meaning of the word history.
You think history is just a story. This is because they don't teach history in nigerian schools.
History is a story backed by proof, therefor it is in no way disputable.
ever heard the saying that history was written by the victors? told in the eye of the victors? history is filled with lots of fallacies, lots of misrepresentations, lots of "fake news " and outright fiction. so oga we know the meaning of history but we smart enough to not accept all historical accounts line hook and sinker. worst of all African history documented by our white visitors. cmon

1 Like

Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by Reelectbuhari: 1:27pm On Feb 10, 2018
anyway to summarise it, they are not same people...
south south and north always relates better and love each other....

check buhari and amaechi
Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by Nobody: 1:34pm On Feb 10, 2018
It seems you don't get the "backed by proof" expression.
Gourdoinc:
worst of all African history documented by our white visitors. cmon
Sometimes it feels as if you guys are children who don't understand the world in which you live.
You want to reject eyewitness accounts of people who visited our ancestors because they were white ?
How old are you ?
You guys need to grow up and stop confusing things.
Don't even think you are fighting colonialism by refusing to accept documents written hundreds of years before colonisation by people who were trading with our ancestors. Grow up !
Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by Gourdoinc(m): 1:46pm On Feb 10, 2018
historyworld031:
It seems you don't get the "backed by proof" expression.

Sometimes it feels as if you guys are children who don't understand the world in which you live.
You want to reject eyewitness accounts of people who visited our ancestors because they were white ?
How old are you ?
You guys need to grow up and stop confusing things.
Don't even think you are fighting colonialism by refusing to accept documents written hundred of years before colonisation by people who were trading with our ancestors. Grow up !
you aren't an intelligent fellow apparently and it's a waste of my time talking to you. am sure by your myopic views. Mungo park discovered the Niger. am sure when he got there, he didn't see people already fishing and swimming there. blacks with a complex. I don't have such time for dumb banter.

1 Like

Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by Nobody: 1:54pm On Feb 10, 2018
You are really morronic.
To you it is all white and black.
You are confusing your hatefilled vision of the world with intelligence.
You don't understand the word "history" !
"Mungo park discovered the Niger. " that is not history you fool.
It feels as if you don't know the difference between a book on which the word history is written and actual historical documents.
What you are quoting is a history book which is just a document recently written . That is not a historical document.
As I was saying, you don't know the meaning of the word history !
History is the study of historical documents.

Gourdoinc:
you aren't an intelligent fellow apparently and it's a waste of my time talking to you. am sure by your myopic views. Mungo park discovered the Niger. am sure when he got there, he didn't see people already fishing and swimming there. blacks with a complex. I don't have such time for dumb banter.
Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by Gourdoinc(m): 1:59pm On Feb 10, 2018
historyworld031:
You are really morronic.
To you it is all white and black.
You are confusing your hatefilled vision of the world with intelligence.
You don't understand the word "history" !
"Mungo park discovered the Niger. " that is not history you fool.
It feels as if you don't know the difference between a book on which the word history is written with actual historical documents.
What you are quoting is a history book which is just a document recently written . That is not a historical document.
As I was saying, you don't know the meaning of the word history !
History is the study of historical documents.

lol. LMAO. really LMAO

2 Likes

Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by Nobody: 3:25pm On Feb 10, 2018
Gourdoinc:

Alright thank u
Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by EternalTruths: 3:59pm On Feb 10, 2018
Gourdoinc:

So many Afonjas claiming Akwa Ibom.

Is Philip Effiong an Igbo name.?

1 Like

Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by Gourdoinc(m): 4:01pm On Feb 10, 2018
EternalTruths:

So many Afonjas claiming Akwa Ibom.

Is Philip Effiong an Igbo name.?
you tell me. last I checked, he has never attributed himself to being even related to an igbo man. he simply fought on the biafran side on the basis of being a part of the old Eastern region. so educate me on whether it is an igbo name

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

22 Dumbest Quotes From Our Leaders / Revealed!!! Dirty Facts About Fomer VP Atiku Abubakar / Nnamdi Kanu Is Live. Listen Here As He Exposes The Impostor In Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.