Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,937 members, 7,828,303 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

"My Life Is In Danger" - Kassim Afegbua, Babangida's Spokesman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "My Life Is In Danger" - Kassim Afegbua, Babangida's Spokesman (20891 Views)

2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman / 2019: SSS Invites Kassim Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman / Babangida's Spokesman Reacts To Report He Asked Atiku Not To Run In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"My Life Is In Danger" - Kassim Afegbua, Babangida's Spokesman by agwom(m): 5:19am On Feb 10, 2018
The media aide to former military President Ibrahim Babangida, Kassim Afegbua, says his life is now in danger, following the receipt of series of unknown phone calls from people threatening him and his family.

Afegbua had been visiting offices of the Nigerian Police and the Directorate of State Department (DSS) since he issued a statement on behalf of his principal that advised President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration.

The statement was countered by another release purportedly issued by his principal.

Afegbua, in a press release signed and issued Friday in Abuja titled “one statement, many ordeals”, described his current travail in the hands of the DSS as “nauseating and utterly condemnable”.

He, however, said that the threats, intimidation, harassment and psychological torturing would not stop him from exercising his right of free speech and carry out professional responsibility.

The release read, “In the last six days, I have gone through traumatic experience when I was declared wanted by the Nigeria Police. By the strength of that unprofessional declaration, I was treated like a common criminal and fugitive until I showed up at the Police Headquarters Abuja to physically present myself. After what the Police termed a no case issue, they were apologetic and I took my leave. In the evening of that day, Wednesday 7th February, 2018 I got a phone call inviting me to the Headquarters of the Directorate of State Security (DSS).

“I honoured the invitation on Thursday and spent 7 hours waiting for attention. I left the office at 6.50pm when it became clear nobody was ready to tell me what the invitation was meant for. I was informed to report back on Friday 9th February, 2018 at 11am. On arrival on Friday, having spent 2 hours, I was attended to by the Director of Operations and two others who interrogated me on the said statement I issued. My interrogation was recorded electronically and was made to write a statement affirming the issued statement, having collected all my personal details; house address, account number, international passport number and other information.

“I find this whole episode quite nauseating and utterly condemnable. I cannot rationalise why just a statement would amount to subjecting me to rigorous interrogation especially when there was no complainant.

“The action of the Nigeria Police coupled with that of the State Security Service is at best that of a meddlesome interloper and sheer bullying, leaving serious developmental issues to chasing shadows with a view to intimidate, harass and embarrass me.

“Let me state at this point that my life is in danger as we speak. I have been receiving series of unknown phone calls from people threatening me and my family. I will not submit to intimidation, harassment and threats. Certainly not. I have just a life to live and no one under God will live for ever.”

He thanked his principal and members of his family who were constantly in touch with him, saying that General Babangida's words of encouragement and assurances further bolstered his resolve to soldier on.

He also thanked Nigerians especially the media, members of his family, friends and lawyers for their solidarity and support.

Afegbua said that the support, accolades and motivation he received during this period had given him added confidence to seek elective public office in no distant future.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/my-life-is-in-danger-ibb-s-spokesman-afegbua.html

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "My Life Is In Danger" - Kassim Afegbua, Babangida's Spokesman by madridguy(m): 5:19am On Feb 10, 2018
Ok
Re: "My Life Is In Danger" - Kassim Afegbua, Babangida's Spokesman by Firefire(m): 5:22am On Feb 10, 2018
Interesting con3 undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "My Life Is In Danger" - Kassim Afegbua, Babangida's Spokesman by greatgod2012(f): 5:34am On Feb 10, 2018
A leopard never change its colour!

That's who Buhari was, is and will continue to be.

And some people still believe that we're still in democracy o, I'm not deceiving myself, this is not democracy but demonstration of craziness by Buhari and his party!

152 Likes 10 Shares

Re: "My Life Is In Danger" - Kassim Afegbua, Babangida's Spokesman by GMBuhari: 5:38am On Feb 10, 2018
Another excuse to run away from the country

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "My Life Is In Danger" - Kassim Afegbua, Babangida's Spokesman by Blizzy9ja: 5:43am On Feb 10, 2018
This government is very petty and shameless

85 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "My Life Is In Danger" - Kassim Afegbua, Babangida's Spokesman by Otapipia: 5:48am On Feb 10, 2018
Do not worry. It is either he heeds to calls from various quarters and Nigerians not to re contest or Mother Nature will scheme him out of the race. Mark it, nature will play a viral role in deciding his fate if he remains adamant.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "My Life Is In Danger" - Kassim Afegbua, Babangida's Spokesman by Haganah: 5:51am On Feb 10, 2018
Only a brain dead fool supported and still supports Buhari.

If you want to hide something from an average Nigerian conceal it in a book. Even when they eventually read the book they will ignore the sense in there and follow the crowd.

Buhari’s fascist history is well documented. Some folks even went through the pains of making video documentaries to enable the senile ones know without opening a book. Yet, people supported this serial murderer and illiterate anarchist.

Once again, through blackmail and intimidation, assasinations, and state instigated violence Buhari will win the 2019 elections.

And then the real suffering will commence.

I rest.

62 Likes 8 Shares

Re: "My Life Is In Danger" - Kassim Afegbua, Babangida's Spokesman by divinehand2003(m): 6:09am On Feb 10, 2018
IBB the renowned Maradona of Nigeria is the fellow causing you all these travails. He should have been man enough to publicly own up to his first letter. But rather, IBB dodge am and secretly released another statement.

To your tents oh Israel

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "My Life Is In Danger" - Kassim Afegbua, Babangida's Spokesman by LUGBE: 7:08am On Feb 10, 2018
Is too early for you to complain, enjoy the change in fullest.

You think is only Ipob, no, is turn by turn.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "My Life Is In Danger" - Kassim Afegbua, Babangida's Spokesman by Omeokachie: 7:29am On Feb 10, 2018
It is their modus operandi.

They intimidate you using state apparatus if you speak up against their misrule.
But this is the same set of people that (while in opposition) threatened to form a parallel government if they fail to win last election.

Giving a monkey water is never an issue. Retrieving your cup afterwards is where the struggle is.

Afegbua, enjoy the change you helped enthrone.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "My Life Is In Danger" - Kassim Afegbua, Babangida's Spokesman by dlondonbadboy: 7:35am On Feb 10, 2018
Those who missed '83 cannot miss 2018.

Buhari is evil...! So I can no longer speak against misrule of a failure because a Buhari is in power abi? You entered AsoRock and turned everything upside down!
Instead of you to jejele and shamefully go back home...you are talking about 2019..No fear!

I won't even be surprised if this man is found dead all of a sudden. Who know no Buhari. Unrepentant Fulani Herdsman. Na their way be that!!

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "My Life Is In Danger" - Kassim Afegbua, Babangida's Spokesman by eTECTIVe(m): 7:36am On Feb 10, 2018
No worry, dey can't do nada... D only person u were supposed to b worried about is IBB but he's on ur side so chill. His son and PMB are still novices

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "My Life Is In Danger" - Kassim Afegbua, Babangida's Spokesman by RZArecta2(m): 7:43am On Feb 10, 2018
Nigerians should hold Buhari responsible if anything should happen to this man

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "My Life Is In Danger" - Kassim Afegbua, Babangida's Spokesman by mexxmoney: 7:54am On Feb 10, 2018
I just dey laugh, hailers are now wailing more than the wailers.

3 Likes

Re: "My Life Is In Danger" - Kassim Afegbua, Babangida's Spokesman by BruncleZuma: 8:23am On Feb 10, 2018
What do you expect?
Re: "My Life Is In Danger" - Kassim Afegbua, Babangida's Spokesman by tuoyoojo(m): 8:23am On Feb 10, 2018
this issue is really surprising

IBB said he did not want buhari to contest so he released a statement thru his media aid

A so called news outlet later came out to refute the statement

IBB came out to counter that statement of the news outlet

it is obvious to a blind man that the outlet is peddling false allegations

they are the ones who the police and DSS should be asking for or better still they should invite IBB for questioning (abi them they fear am)

I see this as an intimidatory move to discourage people from speaking against this govt in future

this govt enjoyed unhindered access to the media during its days as the opposition

they released hate speech "upadan " and even threatened to run a parallel govt if they were not declared winners. a treasonable offence!!

they are now trying to sink the ship the used to sail to power. na lie them talk

2019 is not far again

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "My Life Is In Danger" - Kassim Afegbua, Babangida's Spokesman by OkpaAkuEriEri(m): 8:24am On Feb 10, 2018
Buhari is worse dn IDi amin.

Dey keep huntn speakers of truth.
Deyve gottn our nwamakpe.
Nw dey want to get ds brave man.

God wl protect u.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "My Life Is In Danger" - Kassim Afegbua, Babangida's Spokesman by Shortyy(f): 8:24am On Feb 10, 2018
#BuhariMustGo

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "My Life Is In Danger" - Kassim Afegbua, Babangida's Spokesman by bjayx: 8:25am On Feb 10, 2018
Everybody is unsafe in the country...so I can't help U

2 Likes

Re: "My Life Is In Danger" - Kassim Afegbua, Babangida's Spokesman by SweetJoystick(m): 8:25am On Feb 10, 2018
Nothing do you, they can only threaten

2 Likes

Re: "My Life Is In Danger" - Kassim Afegbua, Babangida's Spokesman by Mandynews(f): 8:25am On Feb 10, 2018
Mad people

2 Likes

Re: "My Life Is In Danger" - Kassim Afegbua, Babangida's Spokesman by Masterclass32: 8:25am On Feb 10, 2018
Why intimidate this man while the principal walks free?

The principal has come out to say that the statement was with his consent. In other words, it was Babangida speaking through his aide. Yet the govt is intimidating the messenger, who is just doing his job.

Bubu, grow some balls and go after IBB. Or better still, commence Python dance on top his head.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "My Life Is In Danger" - Kassim Afegbua, Babangida's Spokesman by EagleScribes: 8:26am On Feb 10, 2018
Una never chinchumchin grin

Your oga's dictatorship is a learner where bubu own dey as a democratic leader

Enjoy your change oga
Re: "My Life Is In Danger" - Kassim Afegbua, Babangida's Spokesman by kahara(m): 8:26am On Feb 10, 2018
I can see Biafra from Nigeria but I can't see Nigeria from Biafra Republic. That's a disappearing physics ���

1 Like

Re: "My Life Is In Danger" - Kassim Afegbua, Babangida's Spokesman by Nobody: 8:30am On Feb 10, 2018
If that happens,buhari is a gonna
Re: "My Life Is In Danger" - Kassim Afegbua, Babangida's Spokesman by FarahAideed: 8:31am On Feb 10, 2018
GMBuhari:
Another excuse to run away from the country

Read what you wrote again and tell me if it makes any sense to you

6 Likes

Re: "My Life Is In Danger" - Kassim Afegbua, Babangida's Spokesman by fatymore(f): 8:31am On Feb 10, 2018
Buhari is Dictator

2 Likes

Re: "My Life Is In Danger" - Kassim Afegbua, Babangida's Spokesman by id4sho(m): 8:32am On Feb 10, 2018
APC/Presidency has lost it totally ... dem be like Trailer wen fail brake right now ... clutching anyhow at straws
Down with the mad old dulllard

2 Likes

Re: "My Life Is In Danger" - Kassim Afegbua, Babangida's Spokesman by chiscodedon(m): 8:32am On Feb 10, 2018
Stupid govt
I gave DHL stuff to deliver, you found out the content is offensive, you know me very well and my address, you leave me go dey pursue DHL... Who does that except Buhari secret agents.
If the content of the letter is offensive, what stops them from going after IBB? Why disturbing a common spokesman?
God remove the tyrant we have as our president

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "My Life Is In Danger" - Kassim Afegbua, Babangida's Spokesman by buhariguy(m): 8:32am On Feb 10, 2018
OK

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ISWAP Reshuffles Leadership In Nigeria As More Boko Haram Fighters Surrender / Aliyu Ahmed El-Rufai Is Dead: El-Rufai's Brother Dies / Aminu Iya Abbas Elected Speaker, Adamawa Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.